[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cooking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1453931072203.gif (365 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1453931072203.gif
365 KB, 400x267
who can cook here
what do you cook
is it a quality that is seen as mature/sexy
>>
>who can cook here
Me, kind of
>what do you cook
Noodle dishes, chicken kiev, pastas
>is it a quality that is seen as mature/sexy
Yes
>>
>>27630215
I cook just about everything I eat. I make really bland food, fuck taste. Food is a nuisance and a necessity, and I wish I could consume a few super foods a day and maintain my weight and health.
>>
File: zero3.jpg (14 KB, 480x401) Image search: [Google]
zero3.jpg
14 KB, 480x401
>>27630215
>tried to do spaghetti
>took me 1 hour
>absolutely disgusting taste

It makes me so mad, I genuinely feel like a fucking idiot, this is such a basic mundane task, but I still can't do it.
>>
pasta

i put black pepper, paprika, onions and garlic on everything

love green peppers, red peppers, fish, chicken, throw some flour and cook that shit in olive oil and butter.

chicken pesto with artichokes

psuedo-jambalaya

lately i've been surviving off of junk food and barely flavored meats because i hate myself and want to become so pathetic that suicide is a foregone conclusion

curry, chick peas, lentils and brocolli is good too
>>
>>27630399
it's 99% timing. you have to stand over it and watch it cook the entire time. don't go back to your computer and start jerking off to anime. it's a question of determining the ideal fry/boil ratio of all the various ingredients and timing it perfectly. it's a task that can be elevated to an art form.
>>
>>27630399
Are you winging it or are you follow a recipe?

Either way, you're an idiot.
>>
>>27630312
how do you feel about soylent
>>
>>27630246
>>27630407
is that all you cook
pasta and chicken ?
>>
>tfw everything is awful for the environment and for you

if i had my way i would eat steak, mashed potatoes and asparagus every day. instead i try to eat fish and plants like a fucking cat.

my favorite meal is farfalle with baked beets and goat cheese.
>>
>>27630447
Of course I didn't leave the kitchen, I'm not that retarded.I just don't know how are you supposed to know that the spaghetti is cooked and how much you have to fry. For example, if I fry bacon, some of them are brown, cooked, while some of them are white and obviously need more cooking.This ends up with either some cooked and some uncooked, or some burned and some cooked.And yes, I did mix it and keep turning it over.
>>
the act of cooking isn't so hard

the harder part is finding cool stuff to make
>>
>>27630602
what's "cool" to make
>>
you can cram plenty of other nutrients in there.

like a side salad is always good. green leaf lettuce, smashed walnuts, sliced olives or cucumbers, olive oil and . you get your fats by frying the onions and tomatoes in olive oil (you can also add green squash or toss the finished pasta in fried bread crumbs/ panko). you get extra protein from various cheeses. ideally you wouldn't use very much pasta at all, just have it as a conveyor of the various sauces. if you get the timing down right you have the juices from the chicken intermingling with the tomato sauces, and it's delicious.

fish too. but fish is loaded with microplastics thanks to pollution.

more vegetables would be much better for me. but i'm a lazy asshole.

you can literally walk through the grocery store and google on your phone, "how do i cook that?" and you'll come up with a recipe for it. sweet potato, squash, coconut milk. this is probably a large reason as to why i'm out of shape.
>>
>>27630561
by instinct or touch. or if you're lame you can just look on the box and usually it tells you how many minutes it takes to cook.
>>
I can cook extremely well, my grandfather made sure of that. I set out a four hours out of the week, usually Monday night, to cook 5 meals for the rest of the week.
I try new recipes often, but usually fall back to meatloaf, spicy chicken breast, stuffed bell peppers, jambalaya, and red-beans and rice.
I think it is very masculine and rewarding to prepare ones own food. It is a act of independence and love.
It is one of the few things I do that keeps the darkness at bay.
>>
>>27630561
Sounds like you put to much bacon in the pan or much less likely your stove/pan doesn't cook evenly.
>>
get in my pot, i will cook you
>>
>>27630840
>*in the pot*
now what
>>
>>27630822
200g bacon, it's not that much .. all cut in small, even pieces.
>>
>>27630875
i dont know, this is the first time someone get in the pot
>>
>>27630497
As long as it's not people.

But really, does it give you your daily nutrition?
>>
>>27630899
Really depends on the size of the pan bud. What temp do you use while cooking it? Should be a little bellow the middle point of your stove.
If you can't get that right yet, you can always put it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 17 to 19 mins.
>>
>>27630967
they claim it supplies a daily value of nutrients per 5 bottles, but i'd do more research and probably slowly incorporate it into my diet
i also don't know if it's cost-effective
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
OIL IN
KNOB OF BUTTER

ON THE HEAT
OFF THE HEAT

PERFECT
EVERYTIME
>>
File: 1456918597275.gif (52 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
1456918597275.gif
52 KB, 120x120
>>27630903
cook me as you promised
>>
>>27630993
oh I think that explains it, I used the highest temperature.Thank you for replying.
>>
>>27630899
>cut the bacon in small, even pieces

i never do this. just throw it down with some butter and make sure it's evenly distributed along the pan. smoosh it down with a wooden spoon if you have to, and try to go along the grain of the white fatty part. pay attention to the tails.

that's a common rule for frying any meats, i've found. you don't have to move it around a lot. let the heat do its work. like with shrimp, chicken and fish, i only need to flip it once. adds a nice texture to it too.
>>
I actually got accepted into the culinary institute of america in New York and will be moving on campus in two weeks. I'm pretty excited guys, I'll be a great chef in like four years.
>>
>>27630215

I don't cook well because the details and array of ingredients is more than I can be assed to deal with. That being said I cook a couple of times a month using a big ass crock pot to make plenty to eat for the month, then portion it out and refrigerate/freeze it. Really easy, can be as healthy as you care for it to be, and it's cheap af.
>>
>>27631117
No problem, enjoy your bacon you fucking deserve it!
>>
>>27631128
I see, thank you for the advice.I will do it again.
>>
>>27631074
INTO THE OVEN
8 TO 10 MINUTES
>>
>>27631142
Sweet, look for a chef job asap. A culinary degree means shit if you don't have previous experience in a kitchen.
>>
>>27631195

Part of the program is for them to get me a job/externship for a while. But even without that I'll have actual prospects when I graduate. Up until now my entire life has been alternating between being a minimum wagecuck or being a NEET. I'm so excited to be moving in the direction of an actual job/career in the future. Next time I meet a girl online maybe I'll actually have the money to meet up with her.

Two more weeks of being NEET is suffering. I don't think I've actually gotten out of bed for any reason other than to eat and go to the bathroom in days. I'm trying to appreciate the last vestiges of infinite freetime while I can but its so fucking boring I just want to leave now.
>>
>>27631266
Best of luck, and yeah minimum wage cuckery in the food industry is the fucking worse. Making hamburgers for Chad and his boyz at 3am on a Saturday nights is a hell I wouldn't wish on the most deserving robot.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.