[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw incredibly brilliant (MIT graduate, 170 IQ) >tfw too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11
File: image.png (77 KB, 491x541) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77 KB, 491x541
>tfw incredibly brilliant (MIT graduate, 170 IQ)
>tfw too self-aware to stave off depression

What do you do when you realize your life and the world around you is objectively shit? Drinking helps me ignore reality, but the deleterious physical effects aren't worth it.
>>
>>27629150
Basically just listen to Bladee all day.
>>
>>27629150
>""""Brilliant""""

Real brilliant people achieve things and change the world. If you arent doing shit you arent brilliant

If you were truly smart you would be able to overcome your depression
>>
>>27629210
t. bitter, parroting 110 IQ memeist
>>
>>27629150
>claims to be smart
>doesn't understand depression at all
Neither knowledge nor ignorance has anything to do with the neurological imbalances understood under the condition commonly referred to as "depression", retard.

Piss off back to /b/.
>>
indulge in hedonism
>>
File: 1409959413674.jpg (49 KB, 960x606) Image search: [Google]
1409959413674.jpg
49 KB, 960x606
>>27629150

You have a 170 IQ and graduated from MIT, but you're not engaged in your own esoteric research projects and questioning the nature of reality?While misusing the word and concept of objective?

And you're spending your time shitposting on /r9k/ with frog pictures?

Yeah, I totally buy that, OP.
>>
>>27629210

>Brian Wilson made one album and fought the band the entire way
>Even that album was rife with compromise
>Sits down to finally make an incredible album all the way through
>The process breaks him for fifty fucking years and it never gets made

I get what you're trying to say Anon, I do. I'm not the guy you replied to. But I want to put it to you that, yes, while edgy faggots like that guy who are smartbutlazy exist and don't fucking get it, smartdoesthings is a meme too. Life is more complicated than memes. You're both spouting them. There are loads of brilliant people who are broken before they begin, because beginning isn't when you finish a thing. It's when you start. And you never see these people fail, because Brian Wilson had TEN pop albums behind him when he finally heard Strawberry Field and realized that music didn't have to be figurative.
>>
>>27629268
You're a retard if you think depression is just an imbalance that has no cause

The imbalance is just what depression looks like in your brain. That's like saying feeling happy is just chemicals in your brain and it's not things that make you feel happy.
>>
What are you doing with your life? If you are a NEET you aren't that bright.
>>
>>27629150
people who think they're smart aren't smart
>>
>>27629380
>that has no cause
It's called genetics.
Now stop trying to prop up a strawman.
>>
>>27629405
>genetics
And that's a fact is it? Where's your citations?
>>
>>27629380
>happiness
>just chemicals
That's exactly what happiness is.
>>27629474
You serious? It's already known. The burden of proof is on you, not on the other Anon.
>>
>tfw I don't wanna be a brainlet

you better start making some fucking nootropics, shitter
>>
>>27629508
He claims he knows the cause of depression so the burden is on him

I'm not OP btw

>That's exactly what happiness is

Yes it is, but an outside event caused that to happen in your brain
>>
>>27629398
so you think your dumb, huh?
>>
>>27629150

Persue your career with as much fervor as possible and built some complex alternate place (think of an artificial universe) in your head, that is different from reality. So that you have a place to go that makes sense.

At least high IQ brains are capable of stuff like that. Image being a depressed brainlet with no way out. I would an hero myself.
>>
>tfw 190 IQ
>Harvard graduate
>Still depressed
welp
>>
>tfw stupid and depressed and know I couldnt do anything with my life even if I wanted to
>>
>>27629150
Self awareness sucks senpai. I gave up on uni, and soon life, because what's the point? Look at this world, I don't want to live in it. I don't think I can be happy/blissfully ignorant
>>
>>27629629

>tfw 240 IQ and 300 when I focus my brain aura
>Cambridge, MIT, Harvard, Princeton, Penn, and Oxford grad
>15 separate doctorates
>several hundred influential papers in every journal of every scientific field
>still depressed because life is objectively gay and dumb and I hate it
>>
File: fmlbrufjhqwo4govhtaq.jpg (45 KB, 652x365) Image search: [Google]
fmlbrufjhqwo4govhtaq.jpg
45 KB, 652x365
>>27629150
>brings up his IQ

Autism confirmed.
>>
>>27629629
>>27629150

>tfw 300 IQ
>MIT/Harvard/Stanford/Yale quadramajor graduate
>am depressed

If only I were but a naive simpleton, akin to the lesser dwellings of this world - but alas, my intellect exceeds that of all others, in such a way that I cannot attain a state of bliss.
>>
>>27629701
lol

nice to meet you Mr Einstein
>>
>>27629701
Beat me to it>>27629746

Well played anon
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (83 KB, 800x636) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
83 KB, 800x636
>425 IQ
>summa cum laude from Burger U
>managing a Cinnabun

tfw
>>
File: 1416400450937.jpg (198 KB, 717x538) Image search: [Google]
1416400450937.jpg
198 KB, 717x538
>>27629746

>He's only a quadramajor

Holder of 15 doctorates here, president of The League of True and Honest Academics; we collectively laugh at you.

Also, Stanford? What's it like going to school on the Brainlet Coast?

Get out of here, academicuck.
>>
File: 1386420762175.gif (215 KB, 400x524) Image search: [Google]
1386420762175.gif
215 KB, 400x524
>tfw brilliant
>tfw IQ of around 4 billion (estimate because the IQometer exploded when it was hooked up to my brain)
>tfw went to a university on the moon that only hypergeniuses get to go to (AMA)
>tfw still depressed because the world is objectively lame and shit
>>
Best thread on r9k right now
>>
I picked up a nigger once in my ambulance. Had an iq of 160 something and a certificate. Kept spewing high school fun facts. I asked her for her social security and she said that "iq and memory have nothing to do with each other" and that she didn't know. She was 40 something, lived with her mother in the ghetto, and didn't know how to take care of herself. iq is a meme invented by rich people to test puzzle solving ability, which isn't a dick of a way to test intelligence. I think that the current highest iq holder is a women who works for a newspaper makes crossword puzzles, or she was a couple years ago. So stop it with your iq meme already you retards. If you haven't invented or discovered something that had a significant impact on this species your not a genius.
>>
File: 1459771448726.png (257 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1459771448726.png
257 KB, 720x404
>130 iq

>still feel dumb as shit sitting in physics lectures

>don't do as well in exams because I skim the questions

JUST
>>
>>27629908

>nigger
>IQ of 160

Nice try.
>>
File: 1459618597594.jpg (344 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1459618597594.jpg
344 KB, 633x758
>tfw ascended to another realm of existence
>tfw there are even more feels to be felt beyond this world
>I'm drifting through the void feeling the feels of civilizations to come
>>
> IQ of -5,000, banned from all universities for all of eternity, will be shot on sight if I ever set foot on any uni campus. Professors everywhere hate and fear me.
> Bravo Nolan, I love you
>>
>>27629150
>not very intelligent
>still self-aware enough to be depressed
>>
>>27629150
The world is shit and it always was. Just live your life trying to improve it using your smartness, as you claim to have a lot of it. Give yourself a massive purpose of existence.
>>
>>27629398
Not really. People who say they are smart aren't. I know I am pretty smart but don't ever say it.
>>
>>27629150
>tfw incredibly brilliant (MIT graduate, 1430 IQ, graduated at age of 16)
>tfw too self-aware to stave off depression
>>
File: 1410050776746.png (321 KB, 1297x967) Image search: [Google]
1410050776746.png
321 KB, 1297x967
Read some philosophy or something, much smarter people have thought about these existential problems long before you were even born.
>>
File: 1396682051789.jpg (34 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1396682051789.jpg
34 KB, 368x368
>>27630639

>People who think they are smart are actually dumb
>but I'm not because I don't tell anyone that I think I'm smart

Not smart enough to recognize a paradox, I see.
>>
>be stupid as Hell
>still manage to be miserable

Appreciate what you have, OP.
>>
If you think the world is OBJECTIVELY shit then you're not brilliant....
>>
There are good and bad things in the world. All you have to do is not to dwell on the bad things. You have a high IQ level, go do some of the many opportunities that you have.
>>
>>27629837
is there qt's on the moon?
>>
It's not that I can make my life better and I choose not to, I've come to the realization that everything is pointless. Even if I was to create my own purpose I am still exposed to the truth that everything around me won't really matter. I'm not depressed though, knowing how my life will play out just makes me want to skip to the ending. I'm just puckering up my boipuccy for death's sweet sweet member
>>
>>27632341
Escapism through lucid dreaming also helps me cope
>>
I feel it, OP. I'm in the low 160's and a dropout so not exactly the same place, but came pretty close to alcoholism a few times (and suicide as well).

As a kid, you've always got adults to look up to, and it's always fine if you fuck something up. If you're supposed to be up there as some of the best humanity has to offer though, well, that's it. Not really any hope things will just get better with time.

I can't help but think there's some evolutionary psych explanation to depression, that it's just something that's supposed to keep couples together or inspire dejected males to crave something different and set out to explore farther upriver than the tribe has ever gone or something. Brains are stupid bullshit and I wish it would stop.

The only things that keep me going are a sense of spite, nice outdoor areas to walk around in (there's a swamp just a few minutes away), and occasionally just sitting around in comic book stores working on /tg/ shit while talking about whatever with all the other depressed nerds.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.