[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People are trying to tell me that all my physical health problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1459750495981.jpg (233 KB, 541x458) Image search: [Google]
1459750495981.jpg
233 KB, 541x458
People are trying to tell me that all my physical health problems like fatigue, soreness, trouble concentrating and remembering things, are caused by depression.

Does depression do these things to you, fellow robots??
>>
clinical depression is often caused by hormonal imbalances, so yes, this can happen
>>
yes these are all common symptoms
>>
What the fuck else would be the source you fucking moron
>>
>>27628765
I've had a ton of doctor visits over the past six and a half years trying to figure out what is wrong with me.. My first antidepressant did chnge my life for like a month and give me one successful semester of college.. But nothing has worked since then, so figured there was no way that was it.

They want me to do outpatiwnt at mental hospital to get aggressive progress towards putting me on the right meds instead of going back to my psychiatrist..
>>
>>27628795
I don't understand how it causes physical symptoms.. It just seems like bullshit.
>>
How about you do some actual research on the subject instead of coming to /r9k/ to get your insecurities assuaged?
All of those things are symptoms of depression, and if you did a quick google search, you'd know this as well, retard.
>>
>>27628820
I've read all that, but it seems like bullshit. I wanted to hear from other people directly instead of articles on blogs.
>>
>>27628815
bro

the brain is fucking crazy

you can be completely healthy and get yourself physically sick just by thinking you're sick
>>
>>27628815
Those occasional but temporary downfeels what you kids call "depression" makes you lazy af, sitting on your ass all day, resulting with said symptoms in long-term. It's that fucking simple.
>>
File: 1384878380811.gif (104 KB, 700x526) Image search: [Google]
1384878380811.gif
104 KB, 700x526
>>27628815
Jesus christ you really are stupid.
First off two of the four you listed aren't even physical symptoms, and they're all documented symptoms of depression anyway. Clinical, long-term depression is caused by hormone imbalances caused by changing brain chemistry and thus changes in the physical makeup of your brain. If you're a depressed sadsack that either sleeps most of his day away or is an insomniac that only passes out when absolutely necessary, of course thats going to lead to fatigue and soreness.
Do your fucking research instead of gawking like a moron because you're so uneducated you can't grasp that a mental illness can have physical repercussions.
>>27628799
Some people don't take well to some medications and as such thats why there's a 200+ of them and doctors will juggle your meds around to see which works best for you. Taking medication isn't going to cure you of everything. Physical exercise is key and behavior therapy can be employed sometimes as well.
>>
>>27628904
>le depression isn't real maymay
>>
>>27628904
>its that simple
No, it isn't that simple.
There's genetic predisposition towards depression that goes hand in hand with life circumstances to cause clinical depression.
But you're just a normalfag tourist, so you're not going to believe this shit anyway. Go back to facebook.
>>
>>27628742
Yes, you literal retard
>>
>>27628842
>I've read all that, but it seems like bullshit
If you won't believe documented studies from people with degrees and years of experience you're somehow going to believe it coming from people with no education or ability to self-reflect?
And you come to /r9k/ of all places?
You're beyond help.
>>
>>27628940
Okay, great, you proved yourself, congratz. You missed the fucking point though, cuz I'm still right about the second half, newfag.
>>
>>27628742
Yes, actually.
When I start to get depressed I get fatigued, sleep more, and I start getting back pain. Trouble concentrating used to be a bigger thing before I became a wagecuck.
>>
>>27629056
You're not right about shit because you're yet another uneducated pleb shitposting garbage opinions on shit you know nothing about- yeah, things are simple when you know nothing about them and your entire knowledge of them can be summed up in a one-sentence shitpost. Congratz, fuck off back to your fart threads.
>>
>>27629054
Degrees and experience don't mean a damn thing to me and don't compare at all to the opinions of the people actully going through it.
>>
File: 1456300189342.jpg (28 KB, 600x362) Image search: [Google]
1456300189342.jpg
28 KB, 600x362
>>27629138
/r9k/ is a shitty place to go for a sample and your disbelief of established academic credit is laughable at best.
>>
>>27629090
Then maybe you could cough up a justification next to those constant mindless insults, rager kid
>>
>>27628742
>I do have fatigue because even when I sleep 8+ hours I wake up feeling like shit and want to go back to sleep
>I used to read a book a week but I'm lucky to get in 30 minutes of reading a week because I'm tired as shit and can't concentrate and feel anxious as shit when I try
>no real soreness to speak of
>I can't remember a whole lot of words I used to know from when I read a shitload and I have trouble placing actors names and names of just about everything when I have conversations about movies we've watched with my brother
Why didn't you just google?
>>
>>27628742
Yes
Every reply should be yes
/thread
>>
>>27629222
Because you wouldn't read any of them, kiddo, not that you'd possess the ability to read academic texts outside of a highschool curriculum.
>>
>>27628742

Yes; what you falsely seem to believe, from what I've seen in this thread, is that any of that shit is curable or even properly treatable.

Depression is a misery contract for the rest of your life, the best you can hope for is to be slightly less unhappy once in a while until you fucking die.
>>
>>27629329
I'd gladly take even hours out of my precious time to read your bullshit, don't worry. Go ahead.
>>
Yes.

People underestimate the mind-body relationship all of the time. But when your brain feels like shit, the rest of your body will too.

It's a two-way street. Your brain doesn't produce enough serotonin (or what have you), and it's not able to work at full capacity. You can't forget, it's the part of your body that is responsible for pain, pleasure, autonomic responses, etc. When the motherboard is down, the rest of the machine has subsequent issues. It's sort of like you're operating on low battery. Your body is geared to survive, so relatively unimportant shit (in comparison to breathing, for instance) is going to fall by the wayside.

If medication alone hasn't been helping, you may need to take added measures to get yourself healthy and happy again.

Exercise for thirty minutes a few days a week. It doesn't have to be anything heavy, just get your blood flowing. Exercise is a bitch (to me, anyway) but it helps release endorphins which improve your mental well being. Since I hate exercise, I choose to work part time at a farm a few days a week. No matter how miserable I'm feeling, I go and do some physical work for a few hours, and my problems seem to melt away because I'm concentrating on something totally different. I'm guessing that you haven't been sleeping very well lately (note, sleeping a lot does not mean you are sleeping well-it's about quality, not quantity). Doing something physical will help toward that a lot.

Also, if you aren't eating very well, try to improve your diet. Don't make yourself miserable by eating stuff that you hate, just...try to incorporate more fruits and vegetables, and cut back on starch. There are a lot of vitamin supplements that are shown to improve mental health as well. St. John's Wort is reputed to be decent, but avoid it if you're already taking SSRIs. While it helps the brain produce serotonin, you can get a rare but life threatening condition called serotonin syndrome. Valerian root has helped me.
>>
>>27628842
>I'd rather hear from random shitheads on a Korean ceramics forum than from research articles

You stupid
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>27628742
Yeah being sad runs you down. I got the same thing when I was depressed. I'd sleep 16 hours a day and I wasn't even drinking or anything. I only woke up to eat and go to school
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.