[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how the hell do you improve when literally every aspect of yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (356 KB, 822x735) Image search: [Google]
file.png
356 KB, 822x735
how the hell do you improve when literally every aspect of yourself is the problem?

how do you fix the more enigmatic problems like personality issues, lack of motivation, insecurities, etc?

changing your physical self is easy but I don't know how to proceed, the rest of my problems are all personal mental things that I barely even understand myself let alone understand how to change them
>>
i just threw myself out there, and i'm considerably better now. i guess my method won't work for everyone, though.
>>
You just need to bee urself senpai :^)
>>
>>27627468
No joke I was just gonna say this, but hear me out.
OP needs to accept that he's a wretch.
>>
Simply ignore them
>>
>>27627423
Either accept your shit and then just do what you enjoy, learn what you're interested in and indulge in hobbies. OR start with your body. Improve it. Build it into a machine and then go from there. Tune your body to physical perfection, then start learning maths and tune your brain.

I recommend the first one.
>>
>>27627514
>>27627538
>>27627564
I just don't want to be alone and my personality isn't helping that
>>
>>27627423
I know how you feel. It doesn't make sense that you can just change how you think as if there was a switch that erases the influence of your past.
>>
>>27627671
Cognitive-Behavior theory is just Behavior, action, thoughts. Change one, change the others.
The real solution that no one here will tell you is faking it until you get there.
Just lie to yourself. Once you start living a positive lie eventually it just becomes your normal behavior.
Theres additional things you can do, therapy, drugs, GET A FUCKING JOB NIGGER, etc. but they all boil down to taking action instead of waffling over 'how's
You don't need 'how's, you need action. Its like grinding in an mmo, at level 1 you can't do shit but by 30 or so you have a variety of shit you can do.
>>
>>27627423
Try meditating once per day for 10-15 minutes. Also try to remember your dreams/write them down when you wake up as extensively as possible. Thats where you start from. New experience = change = change threshold increased. After 2-3 years if you stick with it you will be a totally different person.

Generally this >>27627754
Drugs/therapy can produce better results but are more risky.
>>
Self discipline is the foundation of self improvement. If you aren't disciplined you will never improve yourself.
>>
>>27627789
>Try meditating once per day for 10-15 minutes.
can you explain what you mean by this

I hear people talking all the time about meditation but I don't know what they mean

do I literally just sit there and think? I don't like to be alone with my thoughts
>>
>>27627871
how do I gain discipline? when I fail at something (happens often) it makes me feel incompetent and discouraged
>>
>>27627915
Read a book on self discipline and goal setting. I used "The Power of Self Discipline", but it seems to think everyone works in an office. The goal setting frameworks are very useful though.
>>
>>27627873
focus on your breathing at start
example:
while breathing in count 1,2,3 and stop breathing
count again 1,2,3
now start breathing out and count 1,2,3 while doing so
now count 1,2,3 again
and repeat
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.