[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any site which breaks down social concepts (eg social
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: cenkbernie.jpg (33 KB, 600x307) Image search: [Google]
cenkbernie.jpg
33 KB, 600x307
Is there any site which breaks down social concepts (eg social status , reciprocity , offense , romance) for autists?

I've struggled with social rules my whole life and I think I would be good if I knew all the rules.
>>
>>27626565
Not that I know of. You'd probably have better luck just making a thread here, announcing you're an autist seeking help, and ask questions. I see it being received decently.
>>
>>27626587

I can (almost) guarantee this will not be helpful. I am (probably) not autist but I often go months between finding helpful answers about basic human things.
>>
>>27626587
>>27626618

Cool. I feel like I need to know the rules though. I feel like everyone else is having fun playing basketball and I don't know the rules aand I'm just fumbling and hoping I score.
>>
>>27626641
Start with the basics. Read about how to improve self confidence, how to be aware of your and other people's body language, the art of conversation. Learn how to be comfortable being yourself. I would just google this shit and compare tons of different advice, I'm sure most of it is very similar.

Also never underestimate Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/selfimprovement/
On the right hand side there are links to like 10+ other relevant subreddits that are small helpful communities.
>>
>>27626565
Nope there isn't.
In fact if you found one it'd actually be full of logical fallacies. Not to mention the rules are different in different places, you ever watched the Simpsons? It's like Springfield and Shelbyville. Right next to one another other over a hill but different even though they are right next to each other.
>>
>>27626740
Self improvement seems great , but I wish someone had taken some time to write out the rules
>>
File: 1459464064516.png (191 KB, 419x398) Image search: [Google]
1459464064516.png
191 KB, 419x398
I have no idea how autists can do shit as complicated as high-level mathematics but they can't figure out when someone doesn't want to talk to them about their dumb bullshit.
>>
http://www.succeedsocially.com
Here you go senpai
>>
>>27627003
Inability to read facial expressions. These are fairly abstract compared to rigorous theorems and such.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.