[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone actually themselves in public? Are we only honest in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: bee.jpg (14 KB, 946x328) Image search: [Google]
bee.jpg
14 KB, 946x328
Is anyone actually themselves in public?
Are we only honest in private?
>>
>>27626370
I have bad result being honest in public.
I still do it cause fuck it I won't stop living for anyone else.
>>
>>27626390
>fuck it I won't stop living for anyone else.
yeah man just b urself yolo and shit gotta be you what's the point of conforming man
>>
>>27626390
This, i come off as abrasive and insensitive so i keep interactions to a minimum. Fuck the social contract.
>>
File: mimiii.gif (710 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
mimiii.gif
710 KB, 500x385
>>27626370
kinda, I hold my tongue a lot of the time though otherwise people get freaked out, but the times I don't they usually just think I'm joking anyway
>>
>>27626413
Why would you want to live a lie?
>>
>>27626390
A quick and easy test is your eating habits.
How do you eat when you are by yourself alone in your room, and how do you eat when you are in public at some restaurant.
>>
File: improved.jpg (50 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
improved.jpg
50 KB, 800x600
wow was that so fucking hard

look how much easier this is to read
>>
What the hell? no! are you kidding me?

At least I'm not. I have been blessed with a personality so that I'm only interested in the negative about everything. Some people experience that as a buzzkill, but I experience it as an absolutely nessecary thing to do.

People wan't me to "be myself" in some other way, usually the way I am when I try my hardest to fight my natural impulses.

It truely is suffering, I doubt I would have any friends if I was completely truthful with myself all the time.
>>
File: 1458930591981.png (314 KB, 338x397) Image search: [Google]
1458930591981.png
314 KB, 338x397
>bee urself
society pls. I learned in school not to do that
>>
File: d3f2.jpg (11 KB, 780x627) Image search: [Google]
d3f2.jpg
11 KB, 780x627
>>27626517

fixed ur image bro
>>
>>27626370
I'm 100% myself. I get slapped, kicked, and scratched by women for just saying obscene shit. For whatever reason, they end up wanting to sleep with me anyway thinking I'm gonna change. Kek.
>>
>>27626517
>just make a thread on /r9k/ and express yourself
>no not like that it has to be clean and proper

Fuck.
>>
Maybe? Certainly the way I act with stranges, acquaintances and close people is quite different, but I don't feel like I'm putting a mask, my behavior just changes automatically.
>>
>>27626562
>i just put on a mask automatically
>>
>>27626370
This is the reality of 'being yourself'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cybqK6synf0

Society wants you to conform.
>>
>>27626507
Normally.
With a closed mouth and I use napkins to wipe my mouth. When someone talk to me I just answer politely and slightly nods to acknowledge their view. Nothing too drastic.

The bad result come from being socially awkward and not knowing what to do in certain circumstance.
>>
>>27626613
When I am in my apartment I basically get a bunch of food on top of the fridge, and I take a bit of everything, and walk around while I chew.
I then just walk around, thinking, listening to music, and make rounds around the fridge to take another bite.
I eat like a bit of cheese, a few olives, a bit of grilled chicken, a bit of bread, a bit of hummus, a bit of salad, etc.

However in a restaurant I try to eat like I've seen people do in the movies, ordering a salad and a main meal, slowly and methodically, being tidy about it, etc.
I like to say that I dont care what others think of me, but when in public I am very conscious of how I appear and I try to be as respectable as possible. In home alone I am truly free and very different.
>>
Nothing good can come out of just being myself so why do it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpIa5HGSKwI
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.