[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good gayme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Fallout_4.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
Is this a good gayme?
>>
>>27626315
noe it's a normie game
>>
>>27626315
No. It's very disappointing. Or it would have been if I ever expected it to be good.
>>
I felt like it was worth the $60, but it wasn't GOTY material. It held my attention for a solid two or three weeks, and then I was pretty much done with it.

It's also worth mentioning that I'm not broke to the point that spending $60 on a mediocre game is a big deal to me, so it might be different if you care to that degree.
>>
>>27626315
Don't pay $60 for that. Pay $60 for the Doom reboot. It's "made" by Bethesda, but it's really made by id software.
>>
>>27626315
If you played previous Fallout games: No
If you haven't Yes, it's fun
>>
As a shooter it's pretty average.
As RPG it's pretty terrible.
So probably not. Although settlement management was a good idea, which got me playing it for a bit longer.
>>
>>27626424
Settlement management is actually what made me not want to buy this game. If I wanted to play an RTS I would buy something like Europa.
>>
Why did you make this thread on r9k?

faggot
>>
>>27626451
He respects our opinion over /v/
>>
>>27626451
Maybe because
>/v/ is trash
>this is r9k where the average user spends most of his day playing video games
>>
>>27626445
It's not similar to RTS, it's completely optional and you can skip it if you want, since settlements are mostly decorative.
>>
>>27626424
>settlement management
It would have been better if there were fewer but bigger settlements that had a greater impact on the game.
As it is, it's just a little decoration on the radiant quest system.
>>
>>27626315

If you like its style then yes.
>>
>>27626514
I was enjoying the game, but the settlement management was stressing me out. I felt like I was obligated to look after my people, and I didn't like it. Just wanted to quest, thanks.
>>
>>27626553
Knowing Bethesda, you can probably ignore every settlement and let them all die out until only Sanctuary is left and it'd have no effect on the game at all.
>>
>>27626580
You pretty much nailed it. There's a few that you have to take over and then build on to advance certain questlines, but other than that you can ignore it.

I actually like settlement building, just not micromanaging them and I wish there were more options for building parts and a better system overall. I think a "creative" mode like in Minecraft or whatever would be kinda fun. At some point I'll probably grab a shitload of mods and do some cool settlements (was kind of thinking a FO version of Whiterun would be a fun thing to try), but I've been waiting for GECK to come out so I don't have to deal with half-baked scripts and shit.
>>
>>27627125
>creative mode
If you put god mode on then you can build anything with no supply cost. You won't get xp for building things but you can build without spending resources.

You know how to to do it.
>open console
>type "tgm" (no quotation marks)
>hit enter
>god mode.
>>
>tfw 8 days of playtime, just now finished story and am putting the game down

That being said, no. I regret wasting that time on it. Finding every single location as I autistically do wasn't worth it because I can't remember a single one except for the atom cats place. The story is bad, there is literally no dialogue and the lore is non existent. Plus it cut off its own balls to pander to borderlands, Minecraft and Cod/battlefield fans. Every location that is even in the slightest worthwhile will be made to force you to look at it through main story quests (hey corporate said we have to get you to look at all the content. Can't find it? That's okay. Well just literally tell you where it is and force you to go there.)

My god, what an awful game. Fallout is dead.
>>
>>27627204
Yeah, I know about that, but you're still limited by settlement size and boundaries unless you bring in mods or fuck with a billion console commands, and I'd rather start with a blank slate instead of building over my existing saves that already have stuff in them.
>>
>>27626315
If you're a normie.
>>
>>27627211
I can't stand hand holding and judging by this, yeah it looks about what I expected. Fallout went to full normie town after normies hated new vegas. Why do all good things fall? Here's to hoping doom and dishonored are good.
>>
>tfw I joined all 4 factions at once and can just kill members of each no problem and they'll forget about it/not fight back

My god, what an awful normie game with absolutely no balls
>>
Since 2 is obviously the GOAT which was the better game out of 1 and New Vegas?
>>
>>27627252
Fair enough. You would need a load of mods. It did annoy me that some locations had buildings that you couldn't remove so you would have to build around them. And then pieces would mesh with the building so it would all look ugly and ridiculous.

The settlement size is probably to protect the fragile engine. It'd probably overload with too many objects in a cell.
>>
>>27626467
Fuck you, wastelord, I paint and play instruments all day.
>>
>>27627338
I preferred 1 over 2. I just couldn't handle the pop culture references.
>>
>>27627383
1 to me felt like it was barely finished, mainly since it was very short and there was a fair amount of unfinishable quests.
>>
File: 1425415297328.jpg (647 KB, 1500x1250) Image search: [Google]
1425415297328.jpg
647 KB, 1500x1250
It's an okay game.

It's also the only Fallout game I've played, so I'm sure that influenced my reaction. I don't usually play western garbage, but I was out of pretty much anything else to play.

Don't pay more than 30 dollars for it.
>>
>>27627368
Yeah, the existing buildings and junk are a pain. You can build onto them more effectively with mods, or delete them pretty easily with console commands, but there's a very good chance that doing so will break your save when Bethesda updates the game down the line.

The engine is actually robust, and from what I've seen in build videos with mods, it can actually handle 10 or more times the limit without too much trouble, if you have the rig to handle it. It takes a lot of power, though, because apparently the game renders everything in the settlement even when it's occluded by other objects, and even with a good rig you'll see stuff like objects outside the build area reverting to lower LoDs even when they're quite close.

I think the real reason for the size limit is because consoles and potato rigs can't handle bigger builds, and people would flip shit if the game let them build themselves into unplayable framerates or crashes.
>>
>>27626451
true, we should have more threads about being neet, or wanting gfs, or fucking trannies....

>/sarcasm
>>
no its fucking lame normie casual trash

youll probably like it :^)
>>
File: 476-5-1447748268.jpg (425 KB, 1920x784) Image search: [Google]
476-5-1447748268.jpg
425 KB, 1920x784
>>27626315
If you can get it for a cheap price or if you pirate it, then yes, it's worth a try. You'll get easily more than +50 hours of playtime before getting bored.
>>
File: 1369783242635.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1369783242635.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>27627417
>It's also the only Fallout game I've played
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.