[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.doctornerdlove.com/2013/ 03/toxic-alpha-male/ Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1456260243488.jpg (480 KB, 1326x860) Image search: [Google]
1456260243488.jpg
480 KB, 1326x860
http://www.doctornerdlove.com/2013/03/toxic-alpha-male/

Discuss.
>>
>>27625978
bumping for scientific interest in the subject
>>
>nonascii text not allowed
FUCK
well w/e, I probably wrote too much anyways
tl:dr women is people and men is people, try being people in the real world instead of trying to act like magazine cutout.

REALLY "DOCTOR" NERDLOVE?
YOU'RE SUCH A GENIUS
I've spent all this time in the real world and I didn't know alpha was a nebulous ideal instead of a actual set of beliefs that I should define myself after.
I have seen the light.
>>
Men should still aspire to be men, I think

"toxic masculinity" isn't a problem
"toxic femininity" is the real issue

The touchy-feely school system telling young boys not to be too aspire to be the best they can be, and instead embrace failure and hate competition.

Not to say that femininity is all bad, but there is too much of it nowadays in childrearing, maybe as a pushback against fears of masculinity
>>
>>27626171
That wasn't the point of the article though.
I got the impression that the author believes that people who ascribe to alpha view women all women as whores instead of people. Then he suggest that believing in alpha behavior means that you act like a thug.
His conclusion is just men should be better people instead of trying to be thugs. So he agrees with you.
>>
>>27625978
This article just states how the Alpha/Beta social structure doesn't exist outside the minds of those who browse online communities with other insecure, dead-on-the-inside types e.g Reddit and Bodybuilding forums. I think we all knew this already though
>>
>>27626209

I only skimmed over it.

I saw the stock photos with the hi-larious cracked-style captions and knew it was going to be one of 'those' articles
>>
>>27626171
I think that it's okay to fail. Failure is where success comes from after all. We learn from failing.

Being afraid to compete is in fact the opposite of embracing failure. It means you're afraid of not getting the desired result, and you want to get better.

>>27626210
Then why is it a meme that's still getting spouted far too often?

>>27626244
I think it's got some real scientific depth to it. Not all articles with funny captions have to be bad, in fact sometimes it adds to the point.
>>
>>27626210
>I think we all knew this already though
I see too many articles on the net based around things that seem to be obvious then they try to tie in all sorts of things to make it seem more convincing; Its like arguing with someone who is just dumb and hasn't thought anything through while you've put time and research into it.
>>27626244
I had a horrible feeling it was but I wanted to see if his argument was going to be ridiculous or not. I feel guilty for giving him a pageview now.
>>
>>27626264
>I think it's got some real scientific depth to it
wow
just
wow
I'm out of this thread. Perhaps the stupidest thing I've read this week. I suppose you like gender studies too?
>>
>>27626351
What I'd like to know is, why is this article stupid? What is he saying that's wrong?

For that matter, why should I adscribe to what other people view as a man instead of doing things on my own terms?
>>
>>27626264
>Then why is it a meme that's still getting
spouted far too often?
>implying many people thinking something makes it right
>implying ad populum
>>
File: todor.jpg (273 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
todor.jpg
273 KB, 960x640
>>27626171
>Men should still aspire to be men, I think
The traditional "men" arent required anymore.
We arent chimps patrolling territory and fighting off other tribes who come to raid us for our females.
We arent a warrior case initiating boys into the brotherhood and teaching them honor and self sacrifice.

All of that "manhood" stuff is just outdated, it is no longer useful, and it was never a good deal for the people involved anyway.
>>
>>27626696
The fact that it's "outdated" is the reason western society is a rotting husk careening towards the fall.
>>
>>27625978
>Redpillers believe, you are either alpha or beta, determined by a single situation independent score that gets raised or lowered by your actions.
Nice meme, but shitty straw man.
>Redpillers believe, human behavior should be like animal behavior.
>This is wrong.
>We should all be like Bonobos.
>One benefit to this system: WAY more birthday presents.
>Communism has never been tried btw.

>Who is more alpha, the man who has his wife's complete devotion and fidelity or one whose wife sleeps with other men.
>If it turns out that he's in an open marriage, does that change the alpha equation?
This is what devotion and fidelity mean to a liberal.
>What if he's into cuckolding and is using that other male as part of his own sexual pleasure?
This is what liberals actually believe.
>Is [X] less alpha if he's the sub in an S&M relationship?
>Is he more or less alpha if he's into prostate stimulation?
>What about if he's into pegging?
That's some high density writing right there.

>At what point does someone go from being "alpha" to "an insufferable selfish dick"?
At the point where he can get away with it.

>[...] you're saying - flat out - that you believe all women are whores.
They are.
>This includes your mother, sister, cousins and every single woman you've ever loved or lusted after.
They still are.
Note: The author does not believe whores to be bad.
He believe I think whores are bad.
Stupid straw man.

1/2
>>
>>27627181
>Men, on the other hand can only be one way; deviating from the path of the alpha means that you are less of a man by definition. There is no room for variation - you must fit into this very narrow definition of masculinity or else resign yourself to getting fucked over by everybody else. There's no real room for intimate male friendships because to open up too much is to be beta... not to mention making yourself vulnerable to someone else taking your place on the mountain of testosterone.
Literally none of that is true.
It sounds like a horrible prison, while advertising the horrible prison of a beta cuck that will never experience more than a pity fuck as freedom.
Either deluded or evil.

>Men and women are reduced to sexualized robots, ruled by their immutable sexual needs with no individuality to speak of.
So the author is totally not advocating for this when he says, we should be more like Bonobos?

The rest of the article is a complete trainwreck.
I once believed in this kind of mindset and it made me bitter and depressed, as I had to actively suppress my self respect in order to deal with low quality lefty women.
This shit is 110% strawmanning, but for what reason?
I just don't get the point.
Did this guy write this to make himself feel better?
Because you literally help nobody by publishing this.
Not a single young man is better off reading this article.

2/2
>>
> Let's be honest, when you're modeling your behavior on the assumption that women instinctively trade sex in exchange for material support, you're saying - flat out - that you believe all women are whores. This includes your mother, sister, cousins and every single woman you've ever loved or lusted after.

w3w, what an incredible, surprising insight, I bet none of you losers in /r9k/ ever came to this conclusion before
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.