[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: fictional diseases >depression >ADHD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 21
File: 1459697960833.jpg (56 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
1459697960833.jpg
56 KB, 630x420
ITT: fictional diseases
>depression
>ADHD
>>
>avoidant personality disorder
>restless leg syndrome
>>
>>27624958
there's this thing going around called "seasonal depression disorder"

one of my WoW friends keeps claiming he has it, I try to tell him he's a gigantic faggot but he won't listen
>>
>>27624958
Mental illness.
Everything has a physical explanation.
>>
Anxieiety
>>
any of the things that the vaccines suppsedly "prevent"

we all know that they are giving the autism to our children
>>
>>27625022
>Everything has a physical explanation.
Yes. neural networks are biological, and therefore physical.

nice meme
>>
>>27624997
they should just call it "seasonal vitamin d deficiency" to be honest.
>>
>ADHD
>Fictional
fuck you OP, you fuckin fuck.
>>
>>27625095
He is right though. ADHD is a meme for people that are too stupid to focus.
>>
>>27624958
>OP's edge
>>
>>27625152
there are plenty of actual psychiatrists who think the way we identify and classify disorders is retarded
>>
>>27625141
Or people that dont know when to be angry. Like when they should respond to something with anger
>>
>>27625095
The symptoms aren't fictional, but it comes from poor upbringing and inherited stupidity.
>>
>>27625169
I was saying that just up and saying ADHD and depression don't exist is absurd. But what more to expect from /r9k/?
>>
>>27625185
Why is it absurd?
>>
>>27625141
People who say ADHD is a meme is a meme for people who don't know shit about the brain.

Both depression and ADHD have physical causes, just like most mental illnesses. Only fucking retards trying to fit in with the internet cynics claim otherwise.
>>
File: 1458595348589.jpg (138 KB, 854x697) Image search: [Google]
1458595348589.jpg
138 KB, 854x697
I agree that the modern definitions of things like depression are absolute bullshit, but you can't deny that people experience certain symptoms. The way we label everything these days is stupid.

It doesn't matter what it's called. What matters is that something is wrong and it feels bad.
>>
>>27625185
>I was just saying that just up and saying
See? If this faggot took out the time to proof-read than he wouldn't blame ADHD or depression.
>>
gender dysphoria

official seal of originality
>>
>>27625241
Well alright, if mental illness is a myth, why the fuck are you on /r9k/ bitching instead of being balls deep in stacy? Obviously all that's stopping you from taking the world by the balls is yourself.

Face it faggot, if your head wasn't fucked you wouldn't be here.
>>
>>27625216
Why is ADHD and depression often diagnosed by shrinks and not neurologists?
>>
>>27625261
not even tumblr but enivornmental factors contribute heavily to this, just like with meme depression. it's not purely biological, it's just the coddling these days makes it rise to the top.
>>
>>27625274
I come here for the humor.
>>
>>27625274
Cause they enjoy suffering too much.
I just enjoy reading some post and discussing topics. r9k can have some interesting thread once in a while.
>>
>>27625185
It's the fact that we call these things disorders is absurd. Like just being sad won't cut it, you have to be THIS sad (which is poorly defined) and we'll say you have a disorder. At least shit like schizophrenia is pretty cut-and-dry rather than a manner of degree.
>>
Borderline Personality Disorder

I fucking knew a girl who had this "horrible ailment". She just used it to justify her shitty behaviour so she wouldn't have to face any kind of consequences for her actions.

Literally cheated on her bf and said that her condition makes her impulsive and that it wasn't her fault.
>>
>>27625216
The difference with the brain compared to other organs is that your voluntary actions and ideas actually change the physical makeup of the brain.

If you think you have an incurable "illness" of course the symptoms will persist and increase.

The truth is most people are just dumb.

Most of the US is descended from the garbage of Europe, not to mention all the black people with their lower than average IQs and impulse control.

These groups all entered the public school system starting in the 60s and 70s. Teachers would traditionally just smack kids who caused too much trouble, but by the 80s and 90s this became illegal, and "ADHD" suddenly appeared. On top of this there were and are a lot of kids whose mothers just dropped them in front of TV or video games instead of actually raising them, leading to poor brain development. This was a consequence of the feminist movement, where spending time with your children was secondary to a mother's career/personal leisure/etc.

Enterprising Jewish psychiatrists entirely devoid of ethics took advantage of all these desperate parents and teachers and created "diseases" like ADHD in order to sell drugs to children.
>>
>>27625281
What is "meme depression"?
>>
>>27625241
That isn't even grammatically incorrect.
>>
>>27625380
see >>27624997
normies whining about depression despite it being quite trivial. there's context to it though, so take it as you will.
>>
>>27625314
>shit like schizophrenia is pretty cut-and-dry
You realize people kill each other every day over magic green pieces of paper?

Why aren't they considered mentally ill?

Mental illness doesn't exist at all. It's just a way of restraining people who present some sort of threat to capitalism and materialism.
>>
File: addlol.jpg (29 KB, 331x499) Image search: [Google]
addlol.jpg
29 KB, 331x499
ADHD is the stupidest thing to ever exist. Its like special snowflakes need a pill to force them to think.
>>
>>27625274
I'm not saying fucked up people aren't fucked up. It's just that a lot of the time slapping a "disorder" label on themselves is stupid. Why does a shy person need to be labeled with avoidant personality disorder? And somebody with a low attention span with ADHD?

Nobody's perfect, we don't need a word justifying and people "treating" everybody's shittiness.
>>
>>27624958
>depression being fake

Fuck off you little shit, you can't just say that shit until you actually experience it.

t. MDD sufferer for 3+ years
>>
>>27625387
Well, no one is perfect.
>>
>>27625417
see >>27625372
It's mostly just parents and teachers who want a way to deal with their little shits that they won't or can't discipline.
>>
>>27625413
>Mental illness doesn't exist at all. It's just a way of restraining people who present some sort of threat to capitalism and materialism.
how do you refute countless amounts of biological evidence?
>>
>>27625425
>why does a shy person need to be labeled with avoidant personality disorder? and somebody with a low attention span with adhd?
for the shekels
>>
>>27625428
>WAHHH NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME
Fuck off. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>27625445
How do you refute every mental illness having a socially acceptable form?

The "biological evidence" of mental illness is there, but who's to say what's "normal" and abnormal?
>>
>>27625428
>MUH CONDITIONS
>IM A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE! REALLY!
>MY SADNESS IS UNIQUE AND SPECIAL
>OF COURSE I'LL BUY YOUR PILLS, MR. GOLDSTEIN!
I hope you and other like you kill yourselves
>>
>>27625428
People like this need to stop.
Trauma and depression are not real medical conditions or disorders. Its just a scheme to sell drugs to people that happen to be too stupid to understand their problems. Nothing more than a "special snowflake" argument.
>>
>>27625275
American pharmaceutical industry?
>>
>>27625322
She sounds like a shitty person, but BPDA does some weird shit to ya.

Hell, one day I thought people were secretly excluding me so I ate 40 chicken mcnuggets. What the fuck sense does that make?
>>
>>27625568
>American Drug sellers.
>In a Capitalist Nation
You make this too obvious.
>>
>>27625569
Just dillusions of loneliness and hunger. You wish you had 20 friends, so you ate 40 nuggets to familiarize yourself testicle shaped objects to fulfill that special void.
>>
>>27625569
It means you give in to your animal instinct to overeat when under stress.

You're just weak, there's no need to make up other names for it.
>>
>>27625413
Auditory hallucinations seem like a pretty obvious sign of mental illness. You're hearing stuff that isn't there, and it goes away when you take the right medicine.
>>
>>27625636
>stuff that isn't there
Prove it.
There's no evidence for the Abrahamic god either, but no one is institutionalized for believing in Him.
>>
>>27624958
If depression isn't real then why do people kill themselves
>>
>>27625022
>chemical imbalances aren't physical
Nice meme there.
>>
>>27626157
TOASTED, ROASTED, AND REKT
OP BTFO
P

B
T
F
O
>>
>>27624958
>anxiety anything
>>
Psychiatry is a field full of quacks. The entire DSM is bullshit. It has "diseases" like "Body Dysmorphic Disorder" that's diagnosed by someone looking in the mirror and thinking they look too fat. Give me a fucking break.

Idiots keep giving them money to treat their "diseases", so the field of psychiatry keeps going. All these middle class people gotta treat that Depression and give their children pills for that ADHD!

The other day a coworker pretended to have a heart attack, and when she went to the ER they diagnosed her with ANXIETY. Wow, wonder what kind of pills she got for that shit. Is there a pill to cure someone who's a fucking liar?
>>
PTSD, when it's 15 y/o girls that have it.
>>
>AIDS

everyone know that niggers and faggots are just Attention Whore
>>
>>27626157
Same reason why women scream rape at video games. Stupidity.
>>
>>27625372
Yeah, narr you're full of shit.

When I was 11 I changed schools and made new friends. One of these new friends, whom I'll call Toby, had ADHD.
Toby had all the signs and symptoms associated with ADHD: he had trouble concentrating in school, he wasn't what you'd call smart and he fidgeted a hell of a lot.

So let's run through you're bullshit with Toby.

>dumb
Like I said, Toby wasn't academically smart and had some problems with things like maths. He was slightly below average in primary school and as we got on to harder staff in later years/high school (algebra, trigonometry, etc) he started to struggle. He also had a few issues with reading and writing. He lacked an interest in reading (or at least reading what the school wanted him to read) and he had no interest in writing or reading essays. He was also a pretty piss-poor speller.
But he was by no means dumb. As far as applied/real-world intelligence and problem solving went, Toby was pretty fucking smart.

>American
Nope, Australian

>No "traditional" discipline
Yeah, laws were introduced before before Toby or I entered school, that stopped teachers from being able to hit misbehaving children. But do you know who could still give Toby a good flogging if he misbehaved? Bill, his father.
One time while a bunch of us were at Toby's for the day, he did something he wasn't suppose to (don't remember what) and Bill had no issue giving him a belt across the ass with an old leather belt, right in front of us.
>>
>>27626600
>TV and video games
Toby hardly played video games growing up and the only TV he ever seemed to watch as a kid was sports. Toby was the type of kid who'd rather run around and kick a football or climb a tree then play video games.
His family lived on a farm and like most Aussie farm kids, Toby grew up with motorbikes, paddock-bombs (old junker cars that you'd "bomb around" the paddocks in) and access to power tools.

When he came home from school, he'd go and ride his dirtbike (which he fucking loved) or go down to his back damn and go fishing. That's assuming he wasn't helping his father with some farm work.

>bad/feminist mother, more concerned with career then kids
Toby's mother, Jane, worked two jobs. Her main job was as a farmer on the family farm, just like every other woman throughout history that's married a farmer. Her second/part time job, was doing the bookwork/office work for the family pest control business. As far as I could tell she was a caring and attentive mother, who had no problem giving Toby a belting if he was bad. She did this work from an office in one of the sheds on the family farm. Some times she'd take Toby out with him and try and teach him about numbers and fiances to try and help him with his maths. Didn't really help when it came to shit like trigonometry, but it did at least make him pretty good with money.

So basically you're full of shit.
I'll cede that there are more then likely a lot of kids who are just little brats, that have been diagnosed with doctors who are more concerned with their weekend golf game/ski trip then with doing their jobs properly. But to try and claim that ADHD completely fictional is just retarded.
>>
>>27626600
Sounds like "Toby" didn't get beat with that belt enough. If his father beat him in front of his friends, he probably did it more for humiliation than for discipline.

Tell me, why did ADHD not exist 60 years ago? And why has the diagnosis of it soared in the 90's onward? Suddenly the Jews are waving pills in front of parents as a magic solution to behavior problems, and you end up with "blockbuster drugs" like Ritalin.

60 years ago we would have told "Toby" to sit his ass down or he's going to get beat. And he can't get up until he studies all his shit and understands all of it. I guarantee his "ADHD" would go away then. Instead, "Toby"s father beat him for his own pleasure.
>>
Ive got ADHD and its a learning disability more than anything. Its easy to cope with though.
>>
>>27625490
In no way is schizophrenia socially acceptable.
>>
>>27626670
>Tell me, why did ADHD not exist 60 years ago? And why has the diagnosis of it soared in the 90's onward?

It did though, just under a different name. It's been documented in the 19th century, but again, under different names.

>Suddenly the Jews are waving pills in front of parents as a magic solution to behavior problems, and you end up with "blockbuster drugs" like Ritalin.

Tell me more about the jews anon. Are they the ones who push the drugs on you?
>>
>>27624958

Dyslexia

Used by middle class parents to excuse their idiot children from poor grades
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 624x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 624x628
>>27624958
Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8, now imma masterb8 to the h8
>>
Prove to me autism and aspergers aren't fake ass disorders. I dare you. Protip: you can't.
>>
>>27627117
My friend claimed dyslexia and literally took a month to finish an exam and even told me straight up they looked at the test every other day and memorized the questions to check the answer when they got home and then they only filled out the questions after checking.
I took the same test, sitting with everyone else in the class for one hour, studied like hell and got an A fair and square but they got to do fuck nothing and got an A too. I will never forget it or resent their special snowflake treatment [ they still get this too in University such fucking bull.
>>
>>27625062
Enjoy your whooping cough and measles
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 235x215
>>27624958
Lol if you say so buddy-chan
>>
>>27625372
>This was a consequence of the feminist movement, where spending time with your children was secondary to a mother's career/personal leisure/etc.

This was also during a time where divorce rates were on the rise and women had to get jobs. Latchkey children, anyone? It's not so much "I don't want to spend time with the keys mehhhh" it's "fuck I have to work so we can live here watch mtv or something"
>>
>>27625275
Because the brain is incredibly complex and still a mystery, you fucking brick.
>>
>>27624958

>Yep, that's what I'm gonna do with my day. Just gonna wallow in my own filth and dispense medical advice on r9k of all places.
>>
>>27624958
Depression exists and so does attention deficiency. When one is depressed they lose their attention.
This is a natural part of life and happens many times in everyone's lifetime. Some people get more depressed more often than others, this is because of their personality or diet and should be treated if the patient wants to be treated.
>>
File: 1442192410915.jpg (59 KB, 895x653) Image search: [Google]
1442192410915.jpg
59 KB, 895x653
>>27625322
I knew a nigger who was distant in my family. She was bumming at my mothers house when i was 17, i didn't leave the house for half a month because this nigger wouldn't get a job and i knew she was going to steal my shit.

I confronted her and told her to get a job or i'm going to make her leave, she responded with MUH PERSONALITY DISORDER PTSD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
i hate black people, the best of them aren't smart enough to have good discussions and the worst of them are cunts.
>>
>>27627187

Prove to me autism and aspergers aren't fake ass disorders. I dare you.

See:
>>27627187
>>
I wish depression never became a thing. Now I fully identify with it and it's all I have left.
>>
>>27624958
addiction/alcoholism

JUST STOP DRINKING SO MUCH that fucking simple have some discipline
>>
File: tantrum_729-420x0.jpg (34 KB, 420x317) Image search: [Google]
tantrum_729-420x0.jpg
34 KB, 420x317
>oppositional defiant disorder

Aka, your kid needs a father in his life and the occasional spanking to keep him in line
>>
File: 127251060397.jpg (44 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
127251060397.jpg
44 KB, 446x400
>people with no PHDS or any 1st hand study of the human brain having an opinion on mental illness
>>
>>27625022
What do you even mean? Is your brain not "physical" ? So is Alzheimer's a fictional disease?
>>
>>27624958
>depression
>ADHD

These aren't fictional they're just grossly over diagnosed. My cousin has adhd and growing up the only way to get him to stop was to either sedate him, or beat the shit out of him.

My mother is legit depressed and spends 10-15 hours a day on the couch either sleeping or watching tv. She's at the point now where she can't hold down stable employment. She works 15 hours a week and complains about that.
>>
File: 1456453553844.png (211 KB, 286x272) Image search: [Google]
1456453553844.png
211 KB, 286x272
Every mentally-ill person I know:

>The therapist said I should try being more active and spending time in the sun but I think I just need a stronger dose of antidepressants.

>I was told exercising and cutting down on the caffeine would reduce my anxiety but I'm just soooo addicted to my diet beetus tee hee

>I'm going to call you at 3 AM because I have a sad and you're afraid I'll kill myself but I won't even pretend to give a fuck if you have a problem you want to talk about

>Tee hee, I'm going to flirt with you just enough to keep you interested, act catty when you get close to another girl, and fuck my abusive ex, Chad

I hate you all so much. I'm done with mentally-ill people.
>>
>>27629481
Sounds like your problem is being a beta, more than mentally ill people.
>>
>>27626287
Go take psych 101. Once you get to the mental illness section the teacher will warn the class not to self diagnose. Why? Because EVERYONE is a little off in the head. The difference between having a personality quirk (example: shyness)versus a mental illness (social anxiety)is whether those quirks interfere with your ability to function in everyday life.
>>
>>27625417
>ADHD the truth about DOES Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder NOT Richard Saul, M.D EXIST.
>>
>>27629685

But muh misophonia!
>>
>>27624958
Gluten intolerance
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 500x334
OBESITY

A personal choice should not be classified as an illness, especially when the cure is literally move more, eat less.
>>
>Fibromyalgia

Notice how it's always overweight housewives who catch it.

It's either psychosomatic or just another way the body punishes you for sitting on your arse all day.
>>
File: 1369727604489.jpg (3 KB, 242x251) Image search: [Google]
1369727604489.jpg
3 KB, 242x251
>radical 6
>>
>>27629204
>Just stop drinking
>Why don't you just do it bruh?
>It's real easy
>You just gotta do it

You just found the solution to all my problems. I'm gonna leave my room and be a normie now. Bye /r9k/!
>>
Mental illnesses are a meme when you yourself diagnose them.

Unless you have in-depth tests done on you by psychologist and you spent alot of time going to a psychotherapist while shuffling between different medicine, you're not depressed. When depression gets that bad you will end up at the doctor. Either on your own accord or after a failed suicide attempt.

There are also different stages of depression. There are the babby stages where you simply overwork or someone close to you leaves you and you get slightly shooken up. Then there's the FUCK YOU stage where your brain decides to fuck your chemicals up. The doctors actually specify in your medical history what stage you're on.
>>
>>27624958
>the entire field of psychology, which includes all of their bullshit diseases and disorders
>the yips
>chronic lyme disease
>Fibro
>>
>>27629844
>Mental illnesses are a meme when you yourself diagnose them.
>Unless you have in-depth tests done on you by psychologist and you spent alot of time going to a psychotherapist while shuffling between different medicine, you're not depressed. When depression gets that bad you will end up at the doctor. Either on your own accord or after a failed suicide attempt.
Shilling for the cult!
>>
File: 135631.jpg (187 KB, 1143x1300) Image search: [Google]
135631.jpg
187 KB, 1143x1300
>>27629845
you forgot:

>muh PCOS
>>
File: 1459166725924.jpg (122 KB, 1023x986) Image search: [Google]
1459166725924.jpg
122 KB, 1023x986
Schizophrenic reporting in. I have too much dopamine in the wrong pathway in my brain. Is it still a meme?
>>
File: 07.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>27629921
>I have too much dopamine in the wrong pathway in my brain
SCIENCE
C
I
E
N
C
E
>>
>>27629977
Do you honestly not believe in schizophrenia? Have you ever seen a Paranoid schizophrenic irl?
>>
>>27629876
and:

>angioedema
>>
File: JKXlCby.jpg.png (59 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
JKXlCby.jpg.png
59 KB, 500x402
>>27629921
What you need to do is hop around on one foot.
>>
All of you have obviously never met a schizophrenic person.
>>
File: 01b2d.jpg (12 KB, 236x227) Image search: [Google]
01b2d.jpg
12 KB, 236x227
>>27630035
>Do you honestly not believe in schizophrenia?

Schizophrenia is new the meme disease robots are using to crank it up a little after their 'muh depression/muh anxiety' has become routinely ridiculed.

Similar to how they moved onto neurology as validation for their meme disorders, after their 'muh psychology' had become routinely ridiculed.
>>
>>27624958

I honestly believe that depression is actually the product of extensive sedentary confinment. It affects you physically and you become weak with insomnia. Then people talk about their mood instead.
>>
File: 0ef.jpg (19 KB, 372x339) Image search: [Google]
0ef.jpg
19 KB, 372x339
Can someone explain the selective self-awareness of mentally-ill people to me?

I mean, there was this woman at my work who would talk to people who weren't there whenever she thought she was alone.

Or how Cluster B people seem like the perfect significant other until they have their claws in you, then they go completely nuts on you.
>>
>>27630199
>It affects you physically and you become weak with insomnia.
idk....every 'depressed' loser I know has no problem sleeping. Some of these hucksters sleep 12 hours a day.
>>
>>27630220
> has no problem sleeping
>Some of these hucksters sleep 12 hours a day.
Yes, that's called a problem with sleeping
>>
>>27630184
I was institutionalized after running around my college campus in my underwear in the winter. Get out you fucking normie armchair psychologist.
>>
>>27630261
What? Dude said 'insomnia'.
>>
>>27630276
Oh wow. A sperg sperging. You've really upped the ante. I'm sure you mommy knows how super serial it is. My most sincere apologies.
>>
>>27630326
I know, but hypersomnia is also a sleeping problem.
>>
>>27630351
I have no words for you. However, I can infer that you're conservative
>>
>>27630377
What loony antics do you have planned next?
>>
>>27625022
>Everything has a physical explanation.
That's fucking EXACTLY how drugs for things like depression are able to work, you fucking moron.

ITT: autists pissed off that others are able to struggle with emotional issues which they are physically unable to experience. Piss off you failed abortions.
>>
>>27630468
>ITT: autists pissed off that others are able to struggle with emotional issues which they are physically unable to experience.
What?

You're not very bright Anon.
>>
>>27630459
Nothing. I'm on 60mg of latuda which has eliminated my psychosis.
>>
>>27630514
You should start hitting your head against the walls. Maybe your mommy will get you tendies.
>>
>>27630493
Nice counter argument.
Stay confused you fucking sperg.
The only retards who think things like Depression aren't real are autists.
>>
File: 1405621392412.png (87 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
1405621392412.png
87 KB, 285x285
>have schizophrenia
>can't talk to friend because I'm seeing insects all over the walls and on my keyboard and shadow people keep following me and watching me
>she insists none of it's real, that it's all psychological
>she tells me that my hallucinations are just a way I use to escape from my problems and that they're something I choose to have

Well gee, I guess I'll just stop hallucinating then. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.
>>
File: 111.gif (49 KB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
111.gif
49 KB, 356x200
>>27630546
yes retard. We're all secretly pissed off that you get to enjoy mental illness which we will never be able to experience.

Riveting stuff Anon.
>>
stop using the word "meme" so much
>>
>>27630547
It's ironic considering how "just b urself" is hated here yet all these alleged robots give b urself advice to people with a mental illness.
>>
>>27630547
Sounds like the "advice" I've been giving over the years:
>just chin up anon, you've got to force yourself to feel positive about life
If you ever become an hero, anon, please take out as many people as you can on the way to Gensoukyou. Make Reimu proud.

>>27630577
Eat shit and die you fucking failed normalfag.
>>
>>27630547
>>have schizophrenia
Kek, 80% of r9k has 'schizophrenia' now.

You're just further letting us know what bullshit it all is.
>>
>>27630547
listen to your friend.
>>
>>27630592
>It's ironic considering how "just b urself" is hated here yet all these alleged robots give b urself advice to people with a mental illness.
It's not ironic at all. They're the same people dipshit.The fucking retards who are upset at 'JBY' are the same retards who are super into naval gazing mental illnesses.
>>
>>27624997
You're playing wow in 2016?

Who's the faggot?
>>
>>27630657
Thats why I said "alleged" robots. We all know you people are normies. Thanks for confirming this.
>>
>>27625169
I'm inclined to agree.

While I think mental illnesses are most certainly real, the ways in which they're identified seem completely arbitrary.

You could diagnose anyone with anything if you ask enough questions or phrase questions in a vague enough way.
>>
>>27630600
Well yeah, when you make a thread that's basically about schizophrenia, you're gonna have people coming out and saying they have schizophrenia. If you only browse trap threads, it'll seem like everyone's either really into traps or traps themselves, even though this segment of /r9k/ only makes up a tiny population.
>>
>>27630600
Your reasoning doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>27630689
>You could diagnose anyone with anything if you ask enough questions or phrase questions in a vague enough way.
100% agree.

I believe in crazy, and that's about it.

Most of these Anons want to be 'sick' for attention, and to externalize responsibility for their failures.
>>
File: dantheman.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dantheman.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
psychopathy.

most 'psychopaths' are really just high testosterone men and in some cases females. they score high on 'triad' tests which basically just see how selfishly motivated you are. most people with high testosterone are selfish, less fearful and anxious (not a pussy), goal oriented, and willing to lie, cheat, domineer to get their way if hte situation calls for it.

tests have literally shown people that are professionally diagnosed with this have high high levels of testosterone and less activity in the amygdala which i think testosterone plays a role in.

also ever heard 'women love sociopaths' no shit because they're genetically fit mates being high testosterone and all.
>>
>>27630712
No nigga. 3 months ago it was:

>muh depression
>muh anxiety
>muh APD
etc.

Now it's:

>muh schizophrenia
>>
>>27630689
The diagnosis may be arbitrary to an extent but that is really the smallest part of the overall therapy process. They still prescribe drugs and undergo treatment based on inferences gained from the treatment process.

>>27630732
>Most of these Anons want to be 'sick' for attention, and to externalize responsibility for their failures.
Maybe but you nor I are in such a position to make such statements without making a bullshit leaps of judgement. From my experience anons here don't want the outside world knowing about their condition and use other robots to bounce their thoughts around with. Humans are social animals at the end of the day and even someone highly antisocial will still find something to gain with at least venting frustration where the voice can find another human being for a sense of recognition of life.
>>
>>27630754
Well I've seen schizos on /r9k/ for years and years and I've been in and out of the hospital my whole life, so all that is your own confirmation bias of some trend that isn't actually happening.
>>
>>27625314

I was diagnosed with schizophrenic and I have no schizophrenic symptoms. I've never hallucinated or heard voices or anything. So psychiatrists are just jews, and even schizophrenia can be overdiagnosed if they feel like it
>>
>>27630800
>Maybe but you nor I are in such a position to make such statements without making a bullshit leaps of judgement. From my experience anons here don't want the outside world knowing about their condition and use other robots to bounce their thoughts around with. Humans are social animals at the end of the day and even someone highly antisocial will still find something to gain with at least venting frustration where the voice can find another human being for a sense of recognition of life.
Nigga, do you smell your own farts too?

These fucking losers can shuck and jive all they want to. It's a free country.

If they think they're going to be treated with they sympathy reserved for the genuinely ill, they're wrong.
>>
>>27630742
also women are more likely then men to have anxiety disorders and be depressed. women have less testosterone then men. psychopaths report feeling very little to no anxiety and hardly ever depressed. seeing a correlation?

you can find a high number of 'psychopaths' in ceo positions. the average profile of a ceo domineering, broad shoulders, tall, attractive, selfish. HIGH test.
>>
>cancer
It's not a disease. It's evolution.
>>
>>27630862
This is really only a problem is countries with no health standards, like America. Even then you are blowing it out of proportion dishonestly and lying about it.

>>27630873
>Nigga, do you smell your own farts too?
I trust my judgement far more than I trust yours. Deal with it.
>These fucking losers can shuck and jive all they want to. It's a free country.
They aren't.
>If they think they're going to be treated with they sympathy reserved for the genuinely ill, they're wrong.
You're a fucking idiot if that is honestly what you have taken away from your time spent around other robots. Most of us don't want fucking sympathy, we just want to stop being so fucked over by various systems which exist to do nothing but extract without providing anything in return.
>>
>>27630920
Diseases are also "evolution" in the same sense, retard.

>>27630742
>>27630909
Do you two know the difference between SHBG and non-SHBG, and their primary metabolic functions? I have a feeling you don't.
>>
>>27630936
>a, do you smell your own farts too?
>I trust my judgement far more than I trust yours. Deal with it.
Psychology student detected. Fuck off with you pseudo-scientific babbel.

Your profession is on the same level as Scientology.
>>
>>27630995
>be retard
>call others retard
How retarded are you?

Unlike real diseases caused by pathogens, cancer is an improved form of an actual human cell.
>>
File: cb9.jpg (722 KB, 1200x902) Image search: [Google]
cb9.jpg
722 KB, 1200x902
>>27630936
>You're a fucking idiot if that is honestly what you have taken away from your time spent around other robots
self identifies as a 'robot'
>I trust my judgement far more than I trust yours. Deal with it.
Sure thing 'robot'
>>
>>27629783
For most people it's horseshit, but it can actually effect people with arthritis.
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.