[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mom is a disabled shut-in. I need to get her something awesome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1434343476110.jpg (197 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1434343476110.jpg
197 KB, 1280x1280
My mom is a disabled shut-in. I need to get her something awesome for mother's day since I can't go see her. She's actually pretty cool and loves video games, but doesn't have the internet. She's lonely, but can't drive. Any ideas? I need to keep this under $100. Used stuff is okay. I'd get her an older DS but her vision isn't that great.
>>
>>27624546
Get her a fat black dildo
>>
>>27624734

We don't have that kind of a relationship. Thank you for the suggestion though.
>>
Maybe a few Tamagotchi's OP?
Sorta gaming, doesn't need Internet, gives her something that can keep her occupied for long stretches of time looking after it and only three buttons so not really a problem with the vision.
>>
Get her a bottle of kahlua and a bottle of lemonade.
Even my grandmother loves the good 'ol lemon and kahlua.
>>
She likes video games, but you didn't mention what consoles she owns - that would help.
>>
Oh and she also loves art. So if all else fails I'll get her a nice oil painting kit and a book.

>>27624784

Hey this might work. I just hope I didn't ruin her with mine as a kid. Actually I think I'll get her one even if I go with something else too.

>>27624828

.... This isn't true is it?
>>
>>27624546
Go somewhere where therew internet and download nostalrius
Put it on a usb
Give it to her
There a year of her life gloriously gone
>>
Gameboy Advance with a few peaceful games like harvest moon or something. I dunno if there's an animal crossing for the Gameboy. Maybe Pokemon?

Although Gameboys may be starting to appreciate in value due to rarity
>>
>>27624859

She likes any video games but has the most experience with vintage stuff. She only owns an NES at the moment but I'm willing to go up to $100 on a console and some games to go with. She always liked the more difficult options like Metroid and Kid Icarus, but nothing too brutal. Sorry for not being clear.
>>
>>27624875
It's true.
Lemonade in this country just means sprite though.
>>
>>27624875
Tamagotchi's are fun as shit anon, I wish I still had mine
>>
>>27624546
>She's actually pretty cool and loves video games, but doesn't have the internet

Get her the fucking internet

How do you be a shut-in without the internet?
It's crazy
>>
>>27624881

>nostalrius

It's really that good without internet? I'll check it out. Hopefully it can run on a really old computer.

>>27624890

GBA might actually work for her vision since it's not in color. Nice suggestion. Hadn't even considered that.

Great suggestions so far everybody. Seriously thank you. I know a lot of robots have bad moms but trust me, you're doing a good service to one of the rare decent mothers.
>>
>>27624917

I know - it kills me man. She hasn't had a chance to use the internet since Prodigy dial-up was around. I want to get her the internet so badly! But it's a minimum of $50 a month in her area, and I'm afraid I'd have to disconnect her during a rough time. I'm a non-disabled shut-in and while worthwhile, it's still 1/12 of my income (and I rent a house).
>>
>>27624988

Note: I'm new to living on my own, and if you guys think I should do it I just might. It would be worthwhile just to know all the fun she's having. She's a natural-born troll too so it would be immensely satisfying. I'm just scared of having less than $50/mo extra cash in case of emergencies. $100/mo isn't enough as it is. But she did birth me and raise me. Fuck...
>>
>>27625041
I'm sure she will understand OP, mums are usually pretty good with that stuff.
Besides if it's been this long what's a couple more months while you get on your feet. All good mothers will put the good boy's needs before their own wants
>>
>>27624546
Im not good buyng gifts but Im good cooking so i cook for her and hug her, i suggest you do the same
>>
You're a good son, OP.
Stay with your parents man, they're not here forever.
>>
>>27624881
>nostalrius
how can she play without the internet?
>>
give her internet you dumb black garden tool.
>>
>>27624896
You could try to set her up with a computer hooked up to a TV that has emulators and complete romsets on it. Something like Genesis, SNES, NES fullsets and teach her how to use it. Then she could explore lots of new games and have fun with them.
>>
>>27625161
>>27625239
>>27625650

These posts might have convinced me to go for Internet. When I'm in debt from not having health insurance I will blame you though. But rest assured that her life is still worth more than my useless life.
>>
>>27625682

Also a great idea. Never needed to go from computer to TV but if her system can support it this would be fantastic. This is one of the few threads I've not regretted making.
>>
>>27625705
glad you like my idea, man. Good luck getting her something nice, you both sound like great people.
>>
>>27625161
>>27625863
I meant don't get it OP
>>
>>27626039

Thanks for the clarification. I'm still on the edge about it though.

>>27625742

Thank you, seriously. She just deserves a non-terrible life. Most people deserve some fun and goals. She also raised my two very smart and cool bros who can probably give her a decent life later but they're just not old enough right now.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.