[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just be interesting and get hobbies bro >most people spend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1440599494049.jpg (29 KB, 331x334) Image search: [Google]
1440599494049.jpg
29 KB, 331x334
>just be interesting and get hobbies bro
>most people spend their time browsing facebook, watching game of thrones and listening to whatever the new pop song is
>>
The reason they tell you to get hobbies is so you have something common to talk about and don't sound like such an autist all the time. "Most people" can discuss popular tv and music.
>>
>>27623284
Why would you discuss things that have no meaning?
>>
>>27623315
because that's what people do

for example, look at this board
>>
It's like the bar is so very low, but I still can't reach it because I'm playing a completely different game.
>>
>>27623569
iktfb. how do normies do this shit?
>>
Honestly, picking up popular TV shows is the best way to have conversations with normies. Pretty much everyone watches Game of Thrones these days, so it's an easy conversation to have with anyone you meet. 50 hours of shared experiences, you can talk about which characters are good/garbage, how shitty season 5 was, etc.
>>
>>27623636
>>27623315
>tfw i want to discuss political theories, philosophy, and virtues with people but everyone is too retarded to have a conversation about it with
I hate normies
>>
>>27623250
A great reminder that you will always have a hard time socializing cause you see no interest in this kind of thing.
>>
>>27623698
Which is not even a bad thing. It just means you are probably not a degenerate.
>>
>>27623693
Dude, pretty much everyone feels that way about the stuff that interests them. Nobody's favorite conversation topic is smalltalk. But until you get to know them and find out what they're interested in, you won't be able to have those conversations. You can only have in-depth conversations with people when you share a common interest with them, and your initial goals should be to find out what interests you have in common through bullshit smalltalk.
>>
>>27623716
Well, I'm luckily starting to have these kinds of conversations by having little debates with the college Bible Study group, which is enjoyable.(Note: I am not an atheist nor a liberal.) But even when I do get through the small talk with some people, they just don't seem to know hardly anything about what I am trying to discuss with them.
>>
>>27623713
Maybe not but you sperg out and get called out as edgy when you like stuff people deem obscure.
>>
File: image.jpg (561 KB, 887x1299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
561 KB, 887x1299
Most people are stupid, OP. But I've never met a truly smart person that would brag about being smart. It's usually just a cop out excuse to try and make up for the fact that they're a loser is most aspects of life.

>physically unfit with not coordination
>social skills are flat
>no good looks
>no gf
>no talents like art or music
>no success whatsoever
>b-b-but muh IQ and philosophy-! everyone likes kardashians and I'm smarter than everyone else
>right g-g-guys?
>>
>>27623737
Well, most people are fucking retards. I'm pretty close to a normie, but I've only ever met two people worth having conversations with philosophy or politics about.
>>
File: edgeworth-shrug.gif (35 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
edgeworth-shrug.gif
35 KB, 256x192
game of thrones was a good book though. I mean, it was downhill from there, but the first one was pretty good. I wish people would stop talking like its the worst story ever made. GRRM obviously put quite a lot of effort into creating that. where's your blockbuster novel series with hundreds of characters? yeah. didn't think so.
>>
I've fucked so many girls since I broke up with my gf by using /r9k/ speak. Girls love it when I call them out on their submissivness and bullshit, and use terms like "Chad" and "Tyrone" ironically.

>Hehe, you're so funny, anon!

Thanks, autists.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.