[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here has a completely fake personality? I routinely plan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10
File: faking.gif (28 KB, 250x389) Image search: [Google]
faking.gif
28 KB, 250x389
Who here has a completely fake personality? I routinely plan all my conversations ie When I see my coworker I will say this, when he replies I will react in this way etc. Also I practice my facial expressions in the mirror. I have this one half smile I do, because I read that girls like it when a guy half smiles.
>>
>>27623084
Fake personality here. I actually get so physically tired of having to pretend to be outgoing and interestig every day.
>>
Everyone plans convos to a certain extent, but the facial expressions thing is definitely weird
>>
I fake being more okay than I am. I'd hardly call it a "personality" though.
>>
More or less, yeah. I calculate everything I do and absorb the most popular aspects of those around me. I don't even really know if I even have a "true self".
>>
File: 1444050488920.png (18 KB, 305x250) Image search: [Google]
1444050488920.png
18 KB, 305x250
Literal autist reporting. Studied kinesiology and basic psychology, and now I navigate people as if they were roaches
>>
>>27623084
that's not a fake personality. that's just an awkward personality. you probably stopped developing your mental faculties in your early teens or barely have any social interaction compared to playing video games (rpgs?)

fake people are easy to spot and it generally only works in shit like sales and religious services where you're representing somebody or something. if you're just "fake" with your coworkers they'll think you're a fucking idiot. being fake means you're doing something unnatural to you and it comes with dishonesty and contradiction to who you actually are. you can plan or practice it all you want but after a week everyone will realize you're just pretending to be someone you're not and that's far worse than whatever you think you actually are. the irony is that being awkward or "fake" by your definition is who you actually are if you can't help it. like i'll behave differently around coworkers or friends but neither one would be fake, it's just how i respond to the environment im in.
>>
>>27623254
>t. Norman Normie

just because you lack a real and consistent personality does not mean everyone else is the same
>>
I don't remember what I was like before I started faking almost everything. I spent most of my life pretending to be okay with things. Pretending to be what the people I lived with back then wanted. I got a bit manipulative, but I did what I thought I had to. When I lived with someone else I'd try on different personalities like I was trying on new clothes once I felt safer.
Sometimes I regress a bit into being agreeable and meek, but I've kind of snapped out of that. Now I'm angry most of the time, but that still doesn't feel right. It feels a bit right in the moment when I get angry and get pissed at someone doing something to make me feel weak again, but it feels weird later. It feels better to be an asshole and people normally don't come as close, so I guess this will do for now.
No matter how I act it still feels like wearing clothes the wrong size. Maybe I just never got the chance to develop a personality.
>>
>>27623276
that has nothing to do with anything.

following a recipe is still "real" when you compare it to buying someone else's shit and calling it your own.
>>
>>27623221
you motherfuckers are hilarious in an actually funny sort of way
>>
File: 1458347291894.png (416 KB, 960x986) Image search: [Google]
1458347291894.png
416 KB, 960x986
I've been faking a personality so long, how can I possibly say it's not the real me. For all intents and purposes it is. The rotting piece of anger underneath doesn't count as a person. I can only express myself with a keyboard, that isn't human. That's not a life. It's just something waiting to die.
>>
>>27623084
It's called having a facade and yes I had one back in my schooldays.
>>
>>27623503

At least you don't hurt others with that anger.
What was the real you like, Anon? As much as you remember, at least.
>>
File: 1452350346466.jpg (65 KB, 640x644) Image search: [Google]
1452350346466.jpg
65 KB, 640x644
My 'fake' personality comes on naturally when im around anyone other than my immediate family. I can;t allow other to see my weakness even when I'm dying inside.

I think I just don't want to be who I was in high school
>>
>>27623554

I think that's the problem, I just never grew up and thought that one day I'd get a chance for the real me to come out. I look fine, I've spent so much time alone I can't really function socially past the kinds of "nice weather" stuff at work. I'll be 29 in a few days and in another year I'll be a friendless wizard.
>>
File: unnamed (7).jpg (43 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (7).jpg
43 KB, 485x303
>>27623104
i feel you son. i feel you
>>
File: image.jpg (316 KB, 832x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
316 KB, 832x1200
I generally have two "personalities"

Personality A
>reserved for people with authority, people that can do something for me, or formal settings (cops, store owners, corporate help lines, etc)
>innocent country girl lost in the city vibe (I'm from the south anyway so my accent comes out when I want it)
>make sure to laugh, smile, generally be more friendly, if not be a bit timid
>ask person about themselves
>play up to a common enemy ("thank god I'm not like THOSE customers/people/drunks/etc right?)
>usually get what I want
>gotten out of two traffic tickets, gotten discounts/refunds, gotten help, gotten privileged information and whatnot

And then Personality B
>probably my "real" personality
>judgemental, standoffish, refuses to talk to strangers
>reserve this for creepy men who hit on me, chatty clerks, work/corporate acquaintances, and mostly just any stranger that approaches me
>cynical and pessimistic

I use Personality A for quite a few interactions IRL. It's useful, but I'm not so stupid to think it'll last forever. I'm hoping to transfer from "innocent girl" to "sweet old lady" eventually.
>>
>>27623708
Breaking news, tripfag is a massive bitch, more at 11
>>
>>27623708
You clearly seem to have missed the entire point of this thread.

It's not the difference between how you treat people you want to get something from and people you want to fuck off.
>>
File: 9ETIHex.jpg (6 KB, 250x164) Image search: [Google]
9ETIHex.jpg
6 KB, 250x164
>>27623708

>girl

Fuck r9k, I'm out. I'll be at wizchan and I hope every normie who spends time shitposting on here gets elliot rogered. I hope I do too.
>>
Another mask reporting in.
>>
File: image.jpg (208 KB, 1240x874) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208 KB, 1240x874
>>27623742
Most men aren't worth the effort of being nice.
>>
File: universal feel wojak.jpg (365 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
universal feel wojak.jpg
365 KB, 800x600
>tfw I switch to my fake personality whenever I'm with people aside from family/close friends
>sometimes depending on the person/people I'm with, the fake personality modifies depending on how well I interact with them. It can be one personality when I'm with one person and a completely different one when I'm with another/different person
>the only time I'm open with someone and not using a fake personality is with family or computer
I don't think it's that bad.. sometimes I even become more open and use my real personality depending on how close/friendly I am a person that's not family
>>
>>27623754
personality A is a fake personality. What the thread was talking about.
>>
>>27623780
>tfw I use my fake personality with my family as well
>pretend that I have friends
>make up social phenomena in my life just to keep them from worrying too much

I'm 25 and the rest of my life will probably be like this

The anonymous internet is the only place where I b myself
>>
File: feeling intensifies wojak.jpg (25 KB, 315x310) Image search: [Google]
feeling intensifies wojak.jpg
25 KB, 315x310
>>27623835
>tfw we will probably always have to wear masks throughout our whole lives, no matter what
>>
>>27623708
>>reserve this for creepy men who hit on me, chatty clerks, work/corporate acquaintances, and mostly just any stranger that approaches me

The 'bitch shield' Easy to break through, you just keep talking to them
>>
My fake personality is the ''funny guy''. I always have a good joke/sarcasm all the time. It made me some friends and ocasionally normans even call me to go out.

But deep inside I'm a khv robot, I think about suicide everyday.
>>
>>27623708

Just FYI, you're not remotely as clever as you think you are, and you've only ever gotten privileges because you're a woman.

Oh wait it's a tripfaggot, never mind.
>>
>>27623221
do you live around turks?
>>
I can't really tell where I end and my persona begins.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.