[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a 2.51 gpa in community college. Should I just kill myself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 385x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 385x387
I have a 2.51 gpa in community college.
Should I just kill myself?
>>
You should get it to a 3.0 and if you cant do that you might as well off yourself because you won't be worth anything guy.
>>
life is inherently cruel and unfair, the more you come to terms with this the happier you will be.
>>
>>27622510
No. Just go to trade school. Learn how to make things with your hands cause your most likely not going to get anywhere with your head. Academia isn't for everyone. It's fine.
>>
>>27622510
Nah. GPA isn't really indicative of anything.

Other than your ability to suck dick and complete meaningless tasks.

Not that learning isn't worthwhile. But most teachers are phoning it in and even the ones who aren't tend to use methods that don't properly demonstrate your comprehension of a subject.

Only enter into classes you are interested in or with teachers who really care about their subjects because they can make it entertaining and watch your GPA rise.
>>
>>27622534
This is also good advice. The world needs more skilled craftsman and less people with fucking art degrees.

I've never met an artist who needed to go to art school. Art schools can make you an artist if you aren't already one but for a few thousand years there was no" art school" in any sort of the capacity we have today which just churns them out.

For whatever art form it was the art sprang from a community of people interested in a craft and sharing their work between them learning from each other. That sort of competition and inspiration brings out the best work.
>>
File: 1449354010326.png (182 KB, 487x410) Image search: [Google]
1449354010326.png
182 KB, 487x410
>>27622604
>GPA isn't really indicative of anything.

That's something tht people who got 2.0's in highschool say. GPA is indicative of effort. If you want good grades then you have to hustle for them. That means studying, that means talking with professors during office hours, that means doing what you need to do. If you can't take your education seriously then who the fuck will?
>>
>>27622510
That's like barely a C+...
Jesus christ.
>>
>>27622534
This. Apparently electrical is a pretty good trade, from the things I've read on this board.
>>
>>27622510
>3.75
>Still not good enough for med school, probably
>Too much of a sperg to get good letters of rec
>No meaningful experience
banking on the MCAT going well this summer, or else i'll have to add this line of greentext

>Too wimpy to end it all
>>
>>27622744
A good GPA does require effort.

But it has no relation to how smart a person is or even what they learned. All it demonstrates is your ability to complete a task in the specific way that a professor has decided. Not the best way. Just the way the caters most to that person's tastes. Not true for all teachers but true for the majority. I have watched geniuses flunk out and fucking retards get 4.0s.

An education is probably one of the most important things in the world to get.

But a high GPA is not equivalent to being well educated.
>>
File: 1423240964422.gif (1 MB, 282x200) Image search: [Google]
1423240964422.gif
1 MB, 282x200
>>27622859
>NEETs actually believe this.
>le smart but lazy maymay
>WE IZZ GENIUZZZ N SHIET BUT WE DONTT WORK.
>>
>>27622903

But I am not NEET and I did well in high school. I was on the honor roll. Not that being on honor roll fucking means anything. There were plenty of fucking idiots in my advanced classes.

But I am just going to school more because that is what I am good at I am not doing shit. I dunno what I want to do with my life.

On the other hand my older brother practically dropped out of high school and he is the smartest dude I know. He had a shitty job at comcast and then wallmart for a long time. Probably like five years. But he has an IQ of like 140 and now is in his final year of law school because he decided he liked law. He is gonna make more than I ever will. I didn't think he was stupid at any point in that time though I have probably learned more from him than I have anyone else in my life.

You sound like one of those kids who needs to cling to the fact that he did well academically and that's all he ever managed accomplish. Lots of kids were like that. I hope you find more meaning in life.
>>
I have a friend in a programming job who graduated with a 2.3. It may make you have to work a first job at crappier pay when you get out, but you'll still be able to get one depending on your major. Also, after the first job no one checks that shit ever again.
>>
>>27622510
Dude, I have a fucking 1.43 in community college. I've taken English 101 four times, even though I can write effectively (or at least functionally). I work on a fishing vessel in Alaska in the summer. I have good work ethic, but when it comes to school, just putting in the effort is incredibly arduous.
>>
>>27622859
spoken like a true moron
>>
>>27623422
When your brother graduates from Harvard Law then hit me up pls.

Any fucking mong can do well in school that doesn't mean shit if you can't even get into a top 1% uni.

If your GPA isn't 4.0 then you're a dumbfuck. If you're SAT is less than 2250 then kys.
>>
>>27622846
>electrical engineering

why do retards always fall for memes that are literally worse then being unemployed
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.