[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else have a hard time showing emotion? I feel emotion,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 1458513313023.jpg (243 KB, 1200x818) Image search: [Google]
1458513313023.jpg
243 KB, 1200x818
Does anyone else have a hard time showing emotion?

I feel emotion, certainly. But when I talk, my tone is monotone, I answer questions very formally. I don't understand why my emotions do not show on my face or in my tone of voice.
>>
>I don't understand why my emotions do not show on my face or in my tone of voice.

Cut the crap. You're just too coward to let anyone judge you.
>>
I have a severe stutter. All my focus goes into communicating thoughts simply and as fluently as possible. Normies with their hand gestures, maximum eye contact, and pitch changes are playing on a level permanently beyond me.
>>
I have this problem too. Figured it was aspergers at first but I'm pretty adept at understanding emotions so I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just retarded
>>
File: 1441243594177.png (242 KB, 486x573) Image search: [Google]
1441243594177.png
242 KB, 486x573
Only when it comes to sympathy, I have absolutely no idea how to respond when someone is sad or something is wrong with them even if I empathize. I usually see if there's anything I can do to help and then my brain defaults to, "That is a bad thing that is happening". Really hope no one ever cries and tries to lean on me or anything.
>>
I have the reverse issue. My heart is on my sleeve so to speak.

This becomes a problem when I fail to conceal my disgust for most people.
>>
File: 1443324332347.jpg (24 KB, 261x287) Image search: [Google]
1443324332347.jpg
24 KB, 261x287
>>27622015
You have been diagnosed with assburgers op
>>
you have the depression m8
>>
>>27622015
i now this feel op, i just cant do it. also i have some pretty bad issues with following typical 'social conventions' like small talk and the rest. completely fucked highschool for me
>>
File: 1435434201467.jpg (63 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1435434201467.jpg
63 KB, 722x349
>>27622015
My voice is kind of monotone and people always say I look extremely bored as if I never experience anything for the first time. My friends joke I must have lived all of this before so Im living it again.

This one and only oneitis grill who rejected me and whatnot said my face is easy to read though. I was with her and ran into a good friend and we all hungout for a bit drinking. Later he told me that was the most he had ever seen me smiling/talking/interacting with anyone the way I do with her. He seemed really shocked even though hes a good friend Ive had for ~15 years or so. I know though that if he drags me out to bars or clubs with him I might try to talk to 1-2 girls then give up as none has ever given me the time of day. So its like I probably would be interacting with girls in a normie fashion if any of them gave me even a minute of their time.
>>
yes, i have a very difficult time actually expressing my emotions. basically i'm just completely stone faced and one note now. i didn't used to be like this, i used to be pretty open with my emotions, but from years and years of negative reinforcement when i used to open up, i just now close myself off to everyone.

i don't know how to fix it, i don't trust anyone.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.