[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rejection therapy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 222.jpg (12 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
222.jpg
12 KB, 590x350
Rejection therapy is great. In it, you decide what rejection you are afraid of & face it. I was afraid people would say no when I ask them to hang out. I texted a dozen people I hardly know and said I need to hangout. Some said yes, some said no and I had the best weekend of my life since I hung out with 3 people who I never hung out with before, The rejection was not a big deal.

https://youtu.be/ZFWyseydTkQ
>>
how did you get so many people to text?
>>
I was afraid people would be too polite so say no to me so they would suffer the torment of my existence.
>>
>>27621103
Mainly people from work or school. 2 who I met on CL.
>>
>>27621083
What do you do when hanging out? I never learned how to hang out in my life.

When people invited me to hang out I almost always rejected them because I didn't know what I would do there. I don't drink, I don't believe in opinions, I don't find things funny unless it's something absurd statements "women have it hard".
>>
>>27621131
>CL
What is CL, anon? I'm not familiar?
>>
>>27621181
It is like a fine wine my friend. A wine pleb drinks it and says it tastes ok. A wine enthusiast watches for the smell when it is open, how it coats the glass, and searches for different hints of flavor in the wine. If you aren't interested, dont;t. If you are interested, dissect the experience of spending time with others and enjoy each step of it.
>>
>>27621208
Craiglist.
I tried to date 20 people off it. 2 women eventually met me, One I dated and one didn't want to date. She did meet me though when I texted even though she didnt want to date. :)
>>
>>27621257
ah, silly me, I should have guessed craigslist.

What was your experience like with them, OP?
>>
>>27621319
Amazingly good. I tried a dozen attemps but didn't meet. Just chatted online. Then met a chick & hung out a few times and then slept with her without a condom. It was amazing. We slept together 20 times. I wasn't feeling it after a few months but would have married her if she asked at the beginning. It is not perfect but overall pretty enjoyable. I didn't dump her but stopped hanging out with her & she dumped me. I was really hurt but wanted her to do that.
>>
>>27621412
Good on you for getting out there, anon.

I know the feeling of being ready for it to end, but that never makes it feel easy, does it?
>>
>>27621598
Nah. I treated her badly because we were too different. I would stay up really late with her and then hardly sleep before work. She worked different hours & spent lots of money while I was very cheap. I dreaded seeing her but shen she ended it, it was like a kick to the chest.
>>
>>27621669
nice 69, checked

did she really try to adjust her sleep schedule for you?
>>
>>27621083
See, this is something that I completely agree with but find it hard to put into practice. It's not the act of getting rejected that gets to me, I can usually end up laughing about that or just not caring at all, it's the post-rejection state that bothers me. It's everyone else knowing I got rejected when I only have so much social capital in the first place. I had it set in my head that when I got back from winter break I was gonna ask out that qt that I see on campus and talk to every couple of days, but now we're already back from spring break and I still haven't done anything. I know that the rejection wouldn't be too bad, but I just can't seem to force myself to go through with it even though I know I wanna do it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.