[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /suddenrealization/ here? Doing LSD and shrooms really opened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1457835388112.jpg (414 KB, 845x819) Image search: [Google]
1457835388112.jpg
414 KB, 845x819
Who /suddenrealization/ here?

Doing LSD and shrooms really opened up my eyes to who I really am, and I learned a lot about my mental and emotional state. It is interesting to see just how different and how much of a lost cause I am at this point. It's kind of amazing.

I'm way past the point of no return.
>>
Describe some of the transition so I can see the evidence. Before-and-after. I'm not anti-drug, just a bit skeptical.
>>
Yah

On acid I figured out that all things and everything in the universe is meaningful as it is. I was thinking about how everything in the universe may end in heat-death, and how meaningful to me that is. How no matter what in life, I have meaning, I have value, I have purpose. The purpose is to just do whatever. The entire universe is meaningful.

I wonder if similar thoughts are where the phrase "The inherent value" comes from
>>
>>27619982
Well before I took the acid I felt that I created the meaning of my life, and I wanted that meaning to be accomplishing a few goals.

But the prospect of thinking everything else is meaningless seemed so unpleasant to me. So being the creator of my own meaning, I made everything meaningful.

Sort of like, ice cream for every meal sort of deal.
>>
>>27619924
This is literally the only reason I will never take any real hallucinogens.

Gonna stick to taking shots and feeling like I'm hot shit the whole night. Also drinking makes you look hotter in the morning because you're dehydrated making you seem more vascular.

>>27619982
A lot of the people who have "weird realizations" only have them because they are just super far in denial of have never really though about who they are. Some people have huge eye-openers, but its mostly just dump people realizing stuff that should otherwise be obvious.

Then again, its not like you would ever know if you are one of these dumb people without trying...
>>
>>27619996
So, after that revelation, what helped you discover the reason why people view the world and their own lives as fundamentally meaningless -- assuming you did figure that out, I'm open to the possibility that you didn't.
>>
File: 1458264459876.jpg (511 KB, 499x818) Image search: [Google]
1458264459876.jpg
511 KB, 499x818
>>27620040
>Also drinking makes you look hotter in the morning because you're dehydrated making you seem more vascular.
LMAO HAHAHA
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL ASS HAHAHA
>>
>>27620025
Ice-cream for every meal would be pretty unhealthy. Or is that not an analogy but just an idiom? Other than that, it makes sense. The only question that pops into my mind is, why does your evaluation of the world matter at all?
>>
>>27619924
DUDE LSD LMAO
>>
>>27620073
Different people probably consider their life to be meaningless for different reasons. People are all different so they think differently.

I can tell you why I looked my life that way in the past if that would make you happy. I'd be happy to know what you think is the answer to your question.
>>
>>27620145
> I'd be happy to know what you think is the answer to your question.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I think I have some ideas. Most of them ranging along the idea of coping in some way. It applies very generally, so although there might be different specific reasons, its still for coping.

Now tell me what you think.
>>
>>27620137
It's a simile likening the pleasure of thinking everything is meaningful to having an ice-cream cone.

Everything is compared to everyday because if you think that everything is meaningful you that everyday. Just like having ice-cream, everyday.

Well, my "Evaluation" is simply just a thought in my mind. Literally inside of my skull. I think it matters, because my mind is in control of it's self and I can just make anything matter, to me. Value is simply a human creation. If humans didn't exist, value wouldn't exist.
>>
>>27619982
Before and after doing those drugs?

Well, in all honesty the fact of my emotional instability was something I was kind of aware of before but never stopped to really think about it and how it is such an integral part to why so many things in my life just went to shit, especially relationships with other people.

After taking shrooms and lsd, I took a more introspective look into my mind and how my mental state is reflected onto other people when I interact with them. I never realized how much I spoke with apathy and faked interest, as well as how dismissive I was to the emotions of others. I started thinking that maybe I never really had a personality in the first place. My opinions and thoughts were always so empty and lacked depth. I have been down for a long time, and I think I pinned it down to sometime in the middle of highschool, around grade 10ish.

One good thing came out of my shroom trip a couple weeks ago though, and that was a feeling of connectedness I felt with humanity and nature.
>>
>>27619982
Drugs provide an altered perception. They affect the way that your brain works so that you think differently, and that different perspective can sometimes bear fruit. This is especially true for straight-edge types that are inexperienced with different ways of thinking. I'd recommend pot and alcohol as introductory drugs and moving onto serious hallucinogens if you're interested in exploring. The stoner's classic faux-deep moment is really a classic example of this. An LSD / shroom high is really just getting fucked up out of your mind and the 'depth' comes from maybe grasping onto some weird thought that wouldn't normally occur to you. It's nothing wise or esoteric.
>>
>>27619982

take shrooms/lsd and then you'll stop being skeptical.
>>
>>27620040
>This is literally the only reason I will never take any real hallucinogens.

No, it's because you're a fucking pussy. Enjoy your shitty ethanol, normalfag.
>>
>>27620217
Hmph, how does that help people cope?

I think people realize that if they just didn't do anything at all, at the end of their lives, it's all the be same. That, nothing matters in the end. Because, you're dead.

And they understand from that point that inherent value doesn't exist, I mean, value outside of what humans think.

So then they lose all values, because the values that they had no longer make any sense to them because they were said to be inherent, but that really doesn't make any sense.

So these people don't have any old values, and they don't know where values come from so they can't make any for themselves. That is why I would think some people think their lives are meaningless. That is why I used to think that my life is meaningless.
>>
My sudden realization was that nothing matters. I used to be pretty together, nice group of friends, nice wife, hard working.

Now I do drugs all the time, ignore my friends and family, shirk off work as much as possible, do weird sex stuff with strangers, buy/sell large amounts of drugs and illegal weapons.

I'm just waiting for WW3 at this point.
>>
>>27620238
>If humans didn't exist, value wouldn't exist.
That's true, but who is to say or determine that your evaluation matters next to someone else's?

>>27620266
So these effects you mentioned, were they present before 10th grade?

>and that was a feeling of connectedness I felt with humanity and nature.

>nature

this always makes me halt for a second. Sure, I can see nice things in "nature." But I'm also aware of the horrible apathy and brutality that exists in nature. Did you become connected with that as well?

>>27620282
I could see that, considering how often there is no explanation for the "revelations" the drug user experiences, as to what they actually mean other than giving vague comments.

>>27620313
>Hmph, how does that help people cope?
It allows an escape from giving value or negative value to an experience, typically a bad one. Compared to seeing how deep a pit is, everything becomes the same depth as the pit and it disappears. I also see the side you talked about, but it doesn't necessarily diverge from my conceptions of it. What you explained would be part of the post-facto explanation.

I do see this:
>So these people don't have any old values, and they don't know where values come from so they can't make any for themselves.

as true though.
>>
>>27620369
Was life better or worse before? Would the before lead to something even worse if it lasted longer?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.