[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's settle this. How do you define "robot"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1457151523762.png (466 KB, 700x908) Image search: [Google]
1457151523762.png
466 KB, 700x908
Let's settle this. How do you define "robot"?
I think it's a young male who's involuntarily celibate and lacking close friends.
>>
>15-29
>asocial
>virgin
>no friends
>mentally ill Mainly due to social isolation
>>
>>27619050
The purists define it as anyone who has normie aspirations, like wanting friends or a girlfriend.
>>
>>27619050
in short: omega male
>>
I'd say if I had to boil it down to just one single attribute, it would be "not having had any positive interaction with a female (including kissing, sex, etc) in at least five years."

Now, I know many robots would ask "why not just say no non-virgins?" but that screws over the ones who had sex once with a fat ugly chick at age 17, then spent the next decade (and likely longer) completely alone and rejected. That certainly doesn't quantify them as normies or even cyborgs for that matter.
>>
Anybody who browses r9k often, even if they are a social butterfly who bangs on the reg.
>>
>>27619104
im pertain to have every aspect youve mentioned

what am i going to do with all this misery
>>
>18+
>any race except African or Indian
>self aware to a fault
>unable to obtain even platonic relationships with women
>constantly depressed (NOT meme depression!)
>>
>>27619493

define meme depression pls
>>
>>27619450
accept your fate

originaisdas
>>
>>27619104
uh you could be 40+ and a robot

>>27619265
sex is sex
>>
>>27619661
beyond 30 you're a wizard
>>
>>27619050
> involuntary celibate

Ahahahahaa
>>
>>27619678
im a retard

you're right
>>
>>27619050
>>27619104
>>27619265
>>27619493

All of you are describing SYMPTOMS of roboticism -- there must a central characteristic that causes a "robot" to show all these outward signs of social failure.

I would define this root characteristic as: the failure to integrate oneself into society despite the desire to do so.

Anyone who possesses this characteristic, I think, is a "robot" -- and as a part of this failure may show any of the signs you guys listed such as virginity or friendlessness.
>>
>>27619707

Damn nigga I think you hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>27619579
The only noticable change is listening to Linkin Park and acting stroppy
>>
>>27619707

I think you are on the money. I believe a robot to be anyone who simply does not fit into the mainstream culture and in some ways, does not understand it. However, to me the robot doesn't necessarily have to want to fit in. I think the defining characteristic is being unable to connect to others in a meaningful way.
>>
>>27619707
>the failure to integrate oneself into society despite the desire to do so

Pretty much
>>
>>27619661
40-somethings have a totally different perspective than 20-somethings
>>
>>27619824
>>27619842
>>27619707
i cant integrate into society but at least I fuck my girlfriend every night

i love being a robot ;^))))
>>
>>27619050
would you lick my frenulum?
>>
>>27619881
Did you read the post?

>root characteristic
>>
>>27619940
that still doesnt counter the point i made

you can slay pussy 50 times a night and still be an outcast
>>
Someone who lacks real life friends and has difficulty functioning in society.
>>
>>27619881
If you have a gf you've integrated into society
Normo gtfo
>>
>>27619050
one that is incompatible with "normies" or the average person, on a personal level.

A person that was placed into a situation where it was easy to get at some slut is absolutely still able to get trapped into the anon type
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.