[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: cheeki breeki.jpg (58 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
cheeki breeki.jpg
58 KB, 900x900
Hey guys, Do any of you have depression? If so how did you deal with it? Did it go away?

Sorry. I just don't know where to turn, my doctor is shot.

Pic unrelated.
>>
Does anyone have any information about this?
Please guys I don't know where else to go.
Everywhere else is condescending and unhelpful.
>>
Hello? Can anyone even see this?

I wish I wasn't used to this where I try to branch out and nobody even notices.
>>
>>27617971
>I wish I wasn't used to this where I try to branch out and nobody even notices.
Oh stop it. That is life for a beta male. We are all in the same boat.

Anyway. Yes, I have depression. It goes away more or less on its own and it comes back again. Right now I'm in the deepest depression I've experienced in about 10 years.

Tried meds in my early twenties and it fucked up my dick, so never doing that again.
>>
>>27617971
Also, why don't you tell us a bit about your story.
>>
yes

im a richfag, parents coddled me my whofe life, literally have nothing to be upset about, basically won the life lottery jackpot, i'm 22 and have 30k in the bank and am going on vacation for two weeks next week because I can.

yet because of it I am consumed by guilt that eats me alive everyday

everyone who eventually finds out / puts 2+2 together ends up resenting me even if they like me, and I don't blame them at all

it sucks, I'm literally not allowed to say anything. I don't deserve this life.
>>
>>27618087
So what do you feel guilty about? The fact you come from a rich family?
>>
>>27618128

yep, and that I really haven't done anything with it. it's not old money, my dad worked for everything he's ever earned and then some, but I am benefiting off it for no good reason other then I am his kid.

I did so much traveling and saw so much wealth inequality that its really all I think about sometimes

life is so fucked up and completely unfair for so many people, I can't help but feel I don't deserve any of this
>>
>>27618160
help a poorfag out and give me and OP some money

it will ease your conscience
>>
>>27617801

Sorry to tell you bro, depression is forever. All you can do is learn to live with it. Try to do things that make you happy, try to stay in shape and eat healthy, don't speak about it except to MALE family & friends that you really trust. Women detest men with mental health problems.
>>
>>27618087
30k at 22 isn't something to try to brag about
ive got about 60k in the bank, who cares?
>>
>>27617801

I take Wellbutrin and play video games. The pills don't make the shitty thoughts go away, but it makes the draining/suicidal emotional responses to them less severe. I recommend them if you have debilitating depression. Helps get me out of bed and gives me the energy to do stuff even if my life still sucks.
>>
It never goes away, sometimes you can find something to fill the void for a couple of weeks and forget about it but it always comes back to remind you that you're never fully going to have any real emotions like normal people
>>
>>27617801
yeah, after a while you stop caring

happiness is for kids, you outgrow it
>>
>>27618258

im not bragging, I know its not a lot, I just did nothing to earn it, and I'm pretty much set for life when my parents are gone so the number doesn't even matter
>>
File: UfK1n9Bb.jpg (12 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
UfK1n9Bb.jpg
12 KB, 160x160
>Do any of you have depression?
yes
>If so how did you deal with it?
just to pretend everything is ok untill i sudoku
>Did it go away?
Never has never will
>>
>>27618027
My story: Was kinda okay until my second year of university, then I found that things I liked could no longer elicit the same response, after trying to deal with shit for 6 months I went to a doctor and found out I had depression (this is in UK btw) they put me on pills which worked great for a while called mirtazapine but eventually I became immune to its highest strengh nd now they have put me on prozac but they have started raising the strength on them as well. At this point im questioning whether my love for my family members outweighs my desire to an hero (I know its silly) and Im alone because even my friends no longer give a shit as I sound like a broken record.
>>
>>27618373
Forgot to say im OP.

>>27618366
Im afraid of this, why not just end it?
>>
>>27618410
i will one day just dont know when. kinda came to terms with it a while ago but everyones different. you might be fine or be in a downward spiral either way good luck
>>
>>27618373
>eventually I became immune to its highest strengh nd now they have put me on prozac but they have started raising the strength on them as well

This is the game: None of these meds are truly effective and all of them lose their effect over time. The doctors just cycle you through them all while racking up commissions on them month after month. It's a legit scam that somehow everyone believes is serious medicine.

I'd get off the meds if you can. Not all the side-effects are temporary, but they don't tell you that up front.

I don't think you're crazy for wanting to commit sudoku. That's the point I've reached myself; I'm 38 and there just does not seem to be anything left to work towards now. However, if you can find purpose or meaning for your life, then by all means go for that instead.
>>
File: 1439263919971.jpg (600 KB, 1134x1001) Image search: [Google]
1439263919971.jpg
600 KB, 1134x1001
>>27617801
I am attacked by intense bouts of sadness that make me feel tired, full of malaise, and as though intense dread and doom is creeping up on me.
I am tired but sleep eludes me. I am hungry but food is bland. Living sucks, but suicide would be worse. Life is without purpose. The unfortunate are in a scramble to survive, the fortunate surrounded by pleasure enough to give meaning, but I keep on paddling through the ocean of life getting nowhere, hoping for an end to my journey. I feel no pleasure. I get by. Each day, I am without struggle or pain, but without love or pleasure.
Its all futile. My only hope lies in the possibility of a career in specialized operations, with a backup in the foreign legion. But waiting is hell. Waiting breaks a man.
I used to have some purpose. I would become angry at ideologies, politicians, and things outside of my control. I would rant to those who would listen about all the wrongs of the world and how I would set them right, for hours on end, my hate would keep me up.
After some time, Aurelius and Zeno I learned to be at peace. I focused on that which I could control, and left the rest to the elites and god himself. The recent George Soros Leak did not even phase me.
Ive become numb. Ive come to realize that which is in my control is too small to satisfy me, and the greater problems this world faces are beyond me. In about a year I will be out of my current mundane life and battling with the hardest training in the world, which should keep me busy. If I pass, I become an elite door kicker. If I fail, I become a grunt door kicker. Either way, my life will gain some shred of meaning.
In the end, its all futile. Im tired. Im tired of life. I keep pushing on and on saying It will get better.
And If it is not better by the age of 25, I am going to die. Not by my own hand though.
>>
>>27617801
Mango pango
>>
>>27618513

Doctors don't get commission on the meds they give out you retard.
>>
>>27617801
Yes I had it all throughout my teenaged years, and it started when I was twelve because I was maliciously bullied and had no friends.

I made it go away by exposing myself to situations and doing things that I like, along with therapy, medication and help from my parents.
>>
>>27618625
>Doctors don't get commission
Keep believing, Anon.
>>
>>27618501
Thanks.

>>27618513
If you don't mind me asking when did this all start for you? You said you're 38 and I am currently 21, Have you had this for a long time or is it the past 5 years?

My current mindset is that ill wait until my parents and brother are dead then ill commit suicide, then I won't harm anyone as much as I will if I did it before then.

Thank you for all replys btw, I really appreciate it.
>>
>>27617801
>>27617971
Yes. I'm 30 and have had since my teens.

It's like being an ex-smoker. Even if you quit and go clean you always have that craving that shows up either at random times or around certain locations and circumstances.

as far as my depression goes.. I'd say that it was manageable from ages 17-19, 22-23, and then 25-27 and since then it's been pretty shit. I've been a NEET for two years now as well and starting to get out of it.

It sounds like a meme, but really lifting and exercise and getting sunlight is one of the best way to push it out of your life. Sitting around all day and then being tired cause you went to bed too late cause you weren't tired at night because you did nothing all day is a vicious cycle. Start by going on walks, long ones that clear your mind and stimulate your body. Making your bed everyday without exceptions is also an exercise in self-discipline and good habits.
>>
>>27617801
Just found my dad's pseudoephedrine stash

feeeeeeels good man

brobots you gotta try this
>>
>>27618684
>feeeeeeels good man

Try it with coffee for greater effect.
>>
>>27618625
There are multiple sources describing paid incentives between the pharmaceutical companies and doctors. It may not be "direct commission for each prescription" but it's still essentially doctors being paid to shill certain drugs, only under the guise of promotional bonuses.

>As an analysis by ProPublica reveals, many doctors get thousands of dollars often in the form of "promotional payments" to offer their patients unremarkable drugs that frequently exist in cheaper, more effective forms.

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-drugs-are-doctors-paid-the-most-to-promote-2015-1
>>
>>27618736
This shit should be banned tbqh

It's like 10 cups of coffee at once
>>
>>27618684
I'm a former drug enthusiast, and really they just mask your depression temporarily while actually making it worse.

Except for psychdelics like mushrooms and Salvia when used properly, those really did help me a lot.

>>27617801
Would recommend shrooms, ayahuasca and Salvia to you OP.
>>
>>27618655
>when did this all start for you?

It's been with me most of my life, though I haven't always understood it as well as I do now. I was certainly affected by depression in my early childhood but it got noticeably more acute in my teenage years. From there on, it's been up and down but particularly bad in my mid- to late- twenties and then again this past month.

I've never really fit into the world, have never found acceptance socially and am probably suffering from both autism and a personality disorder. Also beta as fuck. I'm just not fit for this world. I've come to accept this and am now just trying to keep myself comfortable until assisted suicide becomes legal in Canada this June.
>>
>>27618761
>This shit should be banned tbqh

Honestly I thought it was in the States. Still legal in Canada afaik.
>>
i refuse to take psychiatric drugs for it that aren't recreational. the only thing that makes it go away is intimacy and it comes right back as soon as I love. opiates and alcohol keep it under wraps.
>>
>>27618768
>>27618811

nah dude, for most robots amphetamines are actually indicated (for ADHD at least)

you can get up to 3.2 grams OTC at age 18
>>
>>27618672
OP here,

I can sympathise with the ex- smoker comments.
from one person to another, is the exercise and sunlight thing the right way to go? I tried that for a short while though I admit it wasnt for long enough, if it might help then Im all for it but do you thing its worth me giving a shot?>>27618514

>>27618514

Please don't do that, killing yourself for pothers is pointless, the only reason I having killed myself is because I love my family. Do you have anyone that you love enough to do the same?
>>
>>27618815
OP here, I have girls that would go out with me but my view is that I shouldn't date a girl during this as its unfair to put her in this situation etc. So how would that work?
>>
ive been to lots of therapists/psychologists in the past but they never really helped me with it. I've had suicidal thoughts for many years but never acted on them. I feel like the only way it will go away is if I somehow stop hating myself.
>>
>>27618815
>the only thing that makes it go away is intimacy and it comes right back as soon as I love. opiates and alcohol keep it under wraps.

I feel you my man

being close to someone you love, whether family or friends or lovers, has a powerful effect

it's hypnotic
>>
>>27618842
>is the exercise and sunlight thing the right way to go?

Not the person you're responding to but IME yes, absolutely yes. Exercise is one of the most consistently effective treatments for depression, even though it's hard to start when your in the midst of it. But even a twenty-minute walk out in the sunlight can make a big difference and help you springboard up to something more energetic.

I can also recommend vitamin D supplements and Omega-3 fish oils. For vitamin D, note the RDA is way below the effective dose. If you aren't already getting lots of sun, start with say 4,000 IU and work your way up until you feel an effect. I take 6,000 IU regularly but have taken 8,000 or more in the past with no ill effect.

For fish oils, focus on DHA, not EPA. In Canada (and perhaps elsewhere) Nutrasea is a good brand.
>>
>>27618781
Please don't. I can't fully explain why I don't want you to do that but I'd like to think that you are like me and as such you aren't alone.
Hey everyone, Im OP and currently in the UK it's 5AM, ive read every post in this thread but I can't reply individually to every one. I'd like to say thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope those who are like me eventually get fixed.
Ive realised even though it may feel like it I am not actually alone, and this is a big deal to me.,

Thank you everyone, I feel a bit better now.
>>
>>27618842
>is the exercise and sunlight thing the right way to go?

I can't say that it'll cure you and you'll be the mayor of happytown, but it's definitely going to help. You have to stick with it to get results.

For me anyways, when I was at my happiest was when I was at my most active. I was doing martial arts, hiking through local forests, running with my dog, biking along the river, going to punk and metal shows and being a retard in the mosh pit, etc. As soon as I stopped being active I became depressed, or maybe I stopped being active because I became depressed, either way it's a vicious cycle like a sleep cycle. You have reboot it one way or another.
>>
>>27617801
I think for most of us here, it's incurable. If you've ever had any kind of suicidal thoughts that weren't a direct result of a certain event (losing a close friend/family, failing an important test, etc.), it's already over. Once you realize the pointlessness of the normie rat race and lose whatever sense of self-importance you developed as a child, this heralds the end of the "good" part of your life. Then, you only need to choose to continue living for the sake of others, or end it.

>>27618640
not depression.
>>
File: Goodbye.png (51 KB, 865x1093) Image search: [Google]
Goodbye.png
51 KB, 865x1093
>>27617801
>Do any of you have depression?
yes. ive been diagnosed with dysthymia (the kind of girly chronic depression that mainly applies to middle aged women) and major depression (the kind where you actually feel bad enough to an hero). but thats just a long way of saying that i feel sad and whiny all the time
>If so how did you deal with it?
i go to therapy and i take meds. i had to try multiple different kinds until i hit on one (wellbutrin) that made me feel better without fucking up my personality or causing horrible side effects. then i ended up building up a tolerance to it, and it barely helps now. therapy still kind of helps. i also had to go through four difference therapists until i found one i had a real connection with
my depression/sadness is caused by my constant loneliness. ive never been a in a relationship ever. i have some friends, but i have a hard time making new ones. i think my combination of awful, awful 1/10 looks and my general awkwardness might've screwed me for life. im in good shape and i have good hygiene and good clothes, but when you're a 5'4 manlet with 0/10 facial aesthetics it doesnt make much of a difference. im afraid that no one will ever love me.
if i killed myself, it would be the most easily preventable suicide ever. honestly it could be prevented by a girl just holding me for maybe five minutes. the memory of that would probably be enough to keep me alive for the next ten years. that said i dont really blame girls for being unattracted to me. i wouldnt be attracted to a person with my shit tier genetics either.
>Did it go away?
ha
>>
>>27619047
>Thank you everyone, I feel a bit better now.

Best of luck and hang in there. With motivation and a sense of purpose depression is not too hard to manage. There will always be people for you here on /r9k/ and elsewhere.
>>
>>27619047
Additional to this, thank you everyone who participated in this thread, Im going to go sleep and then Im going to try implementing the advice from this thread, This was the first time Ive gotten advice from people who had the same issues as me and for that im grateful.

Im going offline for tonight so thank you.
i want all of you to know that you guys made a depressed guy feel hopeful for once.x.
>>
>>27618996
>>27619067
>>27618842

Also it literally makes you happy, chemically, it produces and releases endorphins. If you're anything like me as well you usually go to sleep in the AM and wake up in the PM, it'll help fix that as well.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.