[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a /positive/ thread going? What positive things are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 13
File: 1457925111058.jpg (49 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
1457925111058.jpg
49 KB, 679x960
Can we get a /positive/ thread going? What positive things are you doing lately?
>>
>>27617158
Anon you are great and amazing person.I do not know you personally but please work hard toward your dream and you can accomplish anything.Have great day
just kidding kill yourself you useless faggot
>>
>>27617495
I think someone needs a hug
>>
I've started working out, and I'm trying to build the confidence to talk to chicks. Also I'm doing pretty well in college.
>>
>>27617158
Organized most of my home, began writing music again, altough still not at the level I want (the aim is to produce 1 full song a day). Began talking to qt waitresses and at least one of them seems to be responding. Of course this is positive only until she steps on my loving soul and crushes it, but atm I'm deep into the love delusion and hope, kek
>>
I nailed hitting on chicks. After a year of nothing but research and self improvement, I have more game than an average guy.
This was mostly achieved by talking to random chicks on the street, watching videos on seduction and imitating actors in movies.
>>
>>27617684
>>27617744
Nicely done, keep it up!

Also bumping for more positivity.
>>
File: 1458829771354.jpg (474 KB, 592x800) Image search: [Google]
1458829771354.jpg
474 KB, 592x800
Picked up learning french again with Duolingo, added another day of workout to my routine so now it's 5/7 days, haven't fapped in 2 weeks, finally gave in to normiedom and got a smartphone, resisted giving in to the degeneracy of Grindr to keep waiting for a bf.
>>
>>27617655
hahahahahahaaha
i didn't meant it m8 i was just joking.
>>
>>27617158
I'm trying to quit weed and doing fine in my IT course
also normies are trying to take my Kissless Virginity from me
>>
I've been dieting and lifting for awhile now. No longer obese but still fat. I'm still not aesthetically pleasing though.
>>
>>27617158
I started making my bed.

It's actually a mainstream memehack recommended by lots of people. It's an exercise in self-discipline and good habits.

Each and everyday without exception if you manage to make your bed then you go on to doing other things in a regularly daily basis. Your effort in small things reflects your effort in big things.

Because of that I'm also now working out with kettlebells again.
>>
File: lichen.jpg (22 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
lichen.jpg
22 KB, 256x256
Got my track spun at FSOB and a t-shirt

Hugged a furry and squeezed her fluffy tail

Didn't get arrested or do illicit drugs

A pretty good week for a burgican
>>
>>27617158

What the fuck is wrong with air conditioning?
>>
>>27618862
It makes you weak.
>>
just letting you guys know in case you are stupid,
working out every day will ruin your body very hard, especially if you are not trained to begin with
working out every other day is much better for your health
>>
>>27619057
It's just a meme from an anime senpai. The guy punched a meteor and jumped from the moon back to earth, he didn't get that strength and powers from those regiments. Anyways who tries doing that deserves what they get.

>>27618862
>>27619018
specifically, it's for mental toughness. He also mentions not using heat in the winter as well. It's to get out of your comfort zone.
>>
No air conditioning? Is there any real science behind that or is it just some meme fitness garbage?

Plus it'd be extraordinarily difficult to function if you avoided every single air conditioned building.
>>
>>27619531
see the post directly above yours senpai. It's part meme part truth.

There is some truth to it, and it's not like being in an air conditioned shopping mall will cripple you. It's about forsaking needless comforts in your own home.
>>
trying to overcome the 5 hindrances

posting here probably violates this
>>
File: 1452466589784-a.png (174 KB, 359x400) Image search: [Google]
1452466589784-a.png
174 KB, 359x400
>>27617158
>via 9gag.com
Fucking normies, for God's sake.
>>
THIS SONG IS MY FUCKING JAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GL9JoH4Sws

BRB GOING TO RUN WITH THIS ON REPEAT
>>
>had a really fucking lovely weekend with gf
>she took ME on dates
>woke up when I was supposed to start work
>get to base and no one has started, keys are broken
>no one noticed I was late due to panic
>so little work to do I have a wank in the dunnies
>ate delicious baked goods for lunch
>two hours of day left
>gonna look up supps and pre workout
>might wank again

Shiiiiiit man. Today's been real good.
>>
>>27617727
>produce one full song a day

What exactly do you mean by produce? Write, record, mix 7 full tracks a week?

If so fuark so that's an ordeal. I wish you luck. I struggled to do one full track a week (write, record and produce)
>>
>>27618452
thank you jackie chan
>>
>>27619057
Lmao you're fucking retarded if you think that small workout will fuck your shit up if you do it every day
>>
>>27617158
My fortune cookie said that my love life will be happy and harmonious, so I am happy.
>>
I learned to touch type, fixed my diet and started riding a bike every day

Still want to kill myself though
>>
>>27619332
Actually that's the joke... If you can survive an exercise regiment like that for three years, You might as well be a god on earth.
>>
Went outside for the first time in a while... its not much but its a step in the right direction.
>>
>>27620300
One step at a time, anon!

I learned a new method of studying that I think will make everything much easier when spring break ends. I'm actually excited to learn for once!
>>
>>27621407
What's the method?
>>
>>27617158
>doing anime workouts
Make sure to wear body weights for extra efficiency
>>
I've been rather slowly learning Japanese
>>
>>27617158
I like that all these exercises don't require weights and shit

that's my style
>>
What the fuck does air conditioning have to do with anything?
>>
>>27621587
Pussies will never get fit
>>
I moved back in with my dad after graduating uni with a humanities degree (phil). It has been a month and I finally work out regularly. I have applied to two or three jobs despite absolute horror at the prospect.

I want to kill myself slightly less.

My displeasure with my father is motivating me to get the fuck better.
>>
>>27621637
Is that supposed to be a masochist attitude to go with the fitness? So is there a reason or not
>>
>>27617158
I know this is supposed to be a joke but 10km a day is actually pretty tough
>>
>>27621670
It's just a joke from the anime the routine came from
>>
>>27621673
i want to see the chubby neets of /r9k/ run 10kms, that would turn me on
>>
I actually ran a mile and a half in 9:57 recently, is that good? I only recently started getting in shape prior to it because my new job
>>
>>27620834
Everything except for the 10km run is piss-easy
>>
I can only run for 20 seconds max and then i have to rest for at least 2-3 minutes. I'm slightly overweight but it's been 13 years without any kind of exercise.
>>
>>27621730
Quick google says that's a decent speed for a beginner

Just do what you can do and be sure to keep doing it often
>>
File: cd5.png (62 KB, 200x261) Image search: [Google]
cd5.png
62 KB, 200x261
>>27617158
I am failing less classes right now than I was 2 months ago
>>
>>27621941
i'm the opposite of you.
>>
>>27621746

You're running to fast. Jog at a steady pace, who cares if you're slow. You should be able to do a minute at least.
>>
>>27618452
How the fuck is making your bed something that improves your life, I've been making my bed since I'm like 8 and I'm a fuckup. Have I been doing it wrong the whole time?
>>
I haven't been doing too well in one of my classes, and I realized it's because I haven't really been putting any work in, so I decided to redo all of my notes in preparation for the upcoming test. Half a chapter down, two and a half chapters left, and I have about three days to do it. Super motivated though, gonna get back to work in an hour or so.
>>27622171
Most people don't make their beds every day or even consistently senpai.
>>27618452
>Each and everyday without exception if you manage to make your bed then you go on to doing other things in a regularly daily basis. Your effort in small things reflects your effort in big things.
I never thought about it this way. I can say though that for the couple of weeks or so where I did make my bed, coming back home to a made bed was a pretty comfy feeling.
>>27621715
>implying we're chubby
Most of us are actually skellies.
>>
>>27621979
I don't know if it's for the same reason as me (depression), but I promise if I can find motivation anyone can.
>>
>>27622219
I'm depressed, but also have severe ADHD. I cant concentrate on something I don't want to do, and I end up finding myself playing vidya and forgetting about homework every fucking time. On top of that I want to hang myself and end it all. I'm sure everything will work out in the end...
>>
who masterrace /neutral/ or /stable/?
>/positive/
>>
>>27617158
Started going to gym, trying to make it routine.
Went to some singles meetup, which led me to initiating conversation with a girl for the first time in my life.
Cleaning my place more regularly.
Driving my bike more.
All I need to do now is start writing again and took book for license tests and apply for university but those really terrifies me.
>>
>>27622375
To book, even. And swap out terrifies for terrify. Christ, my brain.
>>
File: hunting.jpg (30 KB, 450x295) Image search: [Google]
hunting.jpg
30 KB, 450x295
Since we are talking about improving ourselves, can I ask one of you rednek bros a question? I want to go hunting but I don't know where to start.
It would give me a hobby other than video games.
>>
>>27622485
Learn to shoot first. Get yourself a gun and go to a range and learn proper gun handling. Best bet for everything else is to find someone that will take you along. Try talking to someone 9if youre not too muchi spaghetti) and ask if you can tag along one day
>>
>>27617158
10km every day
who the fuck has time for that?
>>
>>27622514
I handle guns a lot, just don't hunt.
>>
>>27617158
Are you supposed to do them at once or throughout the day? Wouldnt it also kill your musles fairly quick with no rest days? I know its a joke, still curious
>>
>>27617158
I'm making progress in my art for the first time in a very long time. I have motivation to draw daily and I keep on learning all the time.

Generally I also have a good plan for the next 5 or so years of my future, so that feels good.
>>
>>27617158
>Going to the gym
Been doing that for the past couple years anyway so not that much of a change

>Started up Warhammer 40K with a friend
My painting skills are coming along nicely

>Reteaching myself to play piano
Feels good to be able to play music again
>>
>writing to a girl I met on /soc/
>she seems to like me
>hopefully we are meeting soon
>>
>>27617684
I started doing this one day back in 2011. Flash forward and I'm engaged to the love of my life, great job, we want to buy a house soon. You can do it man just start small and remember discipline > motivation
>>
>Workout only with body weight for 3 years

Or you can you know, work out with some weight and achieve the same results in 1 year
>>
>>27618452
do you have any other tips for self-discipline? I tried googling and everything is mind acrobatics shit
>>
>>27622885
Yeah but that way you wont get superpowers
>>
>get up early and be productive
>end the day feeling like utter shit
why does it have to be like this? I try turning my life around and I hate myself for it
>>
File: 1329747806610.png (716 KB, 1288x3200) Image search: [Google]
1329747806610.png
716 KB, 1288x3200
>>27621746
This is how it's done, son.

Disregard 3DPD, acquire waifus and fitness.
>>
reddit has a nice beginner routine on /r/bodyweightfitness that I've been doing because gyms are scary
>>
>>27622834

I hope it's a dude who anally rapes you and gives you HIV
>>
>>27620020
Yes! That's exactly what I meant! Then again I'm not limited on styles and I've gathered enough compositional and improvisation techniques over the years. What I'm lacking is a good workflow and a tighter sound when recording with metronome, but slowly getting there.

I also did the one track a week for like 3 weeks but then got into other stuff so I could make some more money.

Thanks! Hope you keep writing and recording as well.
>>
Worst thread on r9k by far, saying something given the amount of shitty cuck/trannyposting
>>
>>27623492
It doesn't. Try to find a routine that works for you. It might take a while, and it could change during seasons probably.

>>27622375
Nicely done anon, keep it up

>>27622485
Try checking some survivalist forums and stuff, they probably know
>>
>falling for the working out meme
>falling for the self-improvement meme
>falling for the showering meme
>falling for the no-fap meme
>falling for the getting a job meme
>falling for the college meme
>falling for the going outside meme
>falling for the haircut meme
>falling for the clothes meme
>falling for the PUA meme
>falling for the le be yourself meme
>falling for the talking to people meme
>falling for the picking up hobbies meme
>falling for the joining clubs meme
>falling for the quitting alcohol/drugs meme
>falling for the joing the millitary meme
fucking pseudo/wannabe-normies, get the fuck out

SAGE!
>>
I recently wrote a song. The lyrics are from Emily Dickinson's 'A Bird Came Down The Walk.' The clarinet stands in for a soprano.
vocaroo.com/i/s0zxDsUOs3GR
>>
>>27622573
Wake up 2 hours earlier.
>>
>>27624212
Unironically this, positivity is a meme for kids who can't control their emotions.
>>
I sent an email about a job today and wrote an explanation to the police why I should be allowed to have a card to allow me to do security jobs on festivals and football games even though I got busted with drugs two years ago.

Wish me luck that at least one passes so I won't have to sit another summer home alone.
>>
>>27617158
is 50 full ROM pushups, and 25 full ROM diamond pushups good for 5'8 195lbs?

i already lift, i just really like pushups and the chest pump
>>
File: Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png (689 KB, 3664x2552) Image search: [Google]
Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png
689 KB, 3664x2552
Might be useful. And original.
>>
Does no-fap work? A friend of mine says it'll increase motivation if you do no-fap but is there any solid evidence for?

I quite enjoying fapping and will probably not find a gf soon, so I don't really want to stop doing it
>>
>>27623544
this is actually really useful, thanks anon
>>
>>27624963
no, not really.
motivation doesn't really matter on fapping or not
>>
>>27617158
>tfw passed a very important test
>tfw got an academic scholarship for next year
>tfw making steady progress on the video game I'm developing

Nice
>>
File: Noose.jpg (10 KB, 253x380) Image search: [Google]
Noose.jpg
10 KB, 253x380
>>27623544
>I'll be running around the track at Yamaku every morning if you want to come visit me!
I'm on my way Emi.
>>
File: itsbullshit.png (35 KB, 1362x268) Image search: [Google]
itsbullshit.png
35 KB, 1362x268
>>27624963
NoFap is a cult.
Here a picture from NoFapCirclejerk:
>>
>>27626638
fuck off adam ch. you liberal normie facebook fuck
>>
>>27617158
>tfw your hair is falling out and you haven't even started training yet
>>
File: inhaling spaghetti.gif (2 MB, 300x265) Image search: [Google]
inhaling spaghetti.gif
2 MB, 300x265
>>27617158

leaving this gay thread
>>
>>27617158
>how to plateau like a retard for 3 years
>>
>normie image
>>
>>27626715
Who is Adam Ch?
>>
Got a gf last tuesday, she's actually a decent person. The rest of the year is looking good for me :) Life was ok before but it was just ok, nothing extraordinary happened ever. But now this has happened, every day just feels amazing
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.