[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retail Feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67
File: retail.jpg (90 KB, 509x339) Image search: [Google]
retail.jpg
90 KB, 509x339
I deserve things for free

>Every customer ever

I gotta get out
>>
No retail bros on r9k anymore?
>>
>>27617834
You're forgetting good threads get ignored on r9k. I don't work in retail but this looks like it has potential
>>
>>27616860
>Work for a nationwide corporation
>Bend like a reed whenever this kind of thing happens

it's not coming out of my paycheck, i'm not fighting that hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 275x183
>>27617834

I'm a vendor for retail stores
>hey mr soda guy, why did your company stop selling so and so product, why did you change the design of this product, why don't you carry this in this size?
>MFW I just stock our products
>>
File: 1459216431271.jpg (41 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1459216431271.jpg
41 KB, 420x420
>>27616860
>tfw saved up enough wagecuckbux last year to be a NEET for the next few months
>>
>>27616860
My favourite part is when they complain when the prices increase or different items are in stock when I have nothing to do with it. I'm just a wagecuck trying to make a living.
>>
>"OH I DIDN'T BOTHER READING THE COUPON TO REALIZE IT'S EXPIRED AND/OR INVALID ON WHAT I'M PURCHASING? WELL I'LL JUST GO SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE THEN!"

Why in the name of fuck would any normie believe that I actually care where they shop? Normies are so stupid that they think cashiers own the goddamn stores they work at.
>>
I left fast food a couple months ago and I'm gonna start working at a toys r us soon.

Hopefully all the white moms will fake enough niceness to me and the kids will not be little shitters enough for me to not hate it.
>>
>>27616860
where i work we mostly just give people whatever they ask for(within reason). it actually makes things easier because you dont have to argue or care really. i work in food service
>>
>>27616860
Fast food cashier here. The only thing working there has done is made me realize I want to work with people as little as possible
>>
>>27617953
Trust me you're going to see the people that don't deserve to be parents have kids that are little, screaming monsters.
>>
File: 1454287784487.jpg (174 KB, 639x475) Image search: [Google]
1454287784487.jpg
174 KB, 639x475
>>27616860
Since it's a newish thread, explain your ideal customer and your examples of worst
>>
Retail drones who are your least favorite customers?

My vote goes for lotto niggers.

They want 20 individual tickets. All different types of tickets, all different custom numbers.

Proceed to spend forever punching them in with autistic precision as the line grows.

When the powerball jackpot hit record high a few months ago omfg.

I just wanted to fucking end it right there.
>>
>>27618024
>ideal customer
One that knows exactly what they want, is polite and gets that you're a simple worker making a living, and is out of there quickly. Small talk and friendliness is a nice plus too.
>worst customer
OMG I can't believe you won't do blah blah blah for me let me see your manager I'm gonna try to get you fired :^)
>>
>>27618072
I have experienced both customers btw
>>
>>27618072
>Small talk and friendliness is a nice plus too.

To what degree? i do what you said before but can't talk to the person behind the counter most times
>>
>>27616860
>Get paid min wage working at leSoobway
>PT, around 30 hrs/week
>not too busy, but not dead either
>i feel like i work too hard making peanuts
>>
>>27617914

they grab the part of the company that they can reach, man. i think the truth that the store and company is so far beyond their reach that their issues don't matter at all is too sobering a realization for them to really have.
>>
>>27618098
That's also fine. I just find it a nice bonus when someone treats me like a human being and not a machine.

I was in food service and had some regular customers that would do this and we built a nice rapport with each other.
>>
>>27617943
>I'll be taking my business elsewhere!

The emptiest fucking threat ever. Half the time I see these people the next week and they just pretend nothing ever happened.
>>
>>27618098

Like if you're buying an unusual snack you could say "Have you had these before? They're pretty good." It doesn't have to be much. It doesn't even have to be anything. You shouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>27617953
>Hopefully all the white moms will fake enough niceness to me

White middle class mothers as the most entitled customers in the world. You will hate them with every fiber of your being.
>>
>>27618069

I think everyone has those certain products or customers that just take way too long. I always comfort myself with the thought that the people in line are probably hating the person in front of me and not me.

My worst customer is ones that are trying to dump all their small change on you. It just takes forever for them to count out their money.
>>
>>27616860
I don't understand what retail workers mean by this. In what situations would complete fucking retards think they deserve free things?
>>
>>27618159

This is true. If they don't have to work, they get too isolated from the real world to be decent people.
>>
>>27618136
>>27618158

Thanks for the info senpaitachi, but i'm starting to think my local coop workers are just expecting me to not say anything and it's making me paranoid, i went to buy some milk the other day and the guy behind the counter's smile seemed to drop as i approached the till, fuck sake i want to give him some small talk but i know i would spaghetti and then id have to walk an extra 5 minutes to goto the next closest store
>>
>>27618024
>Ideal
Knows what they want, polite, very little chit chat
>Worst
Clueless, rude, stupid, entitled, full of pointless questions, makes leading remarks about the problems in their life expecting you to ask following questions, debates over which item to buy for 10 minutes before settling on the cheaper one regardless of any advice you've offered
>>
>>27618138

I'm the vendor guy

Some fat bitch actually said this to me, but I still saw her buy 10 2L bottles of soda
>>
>>27618198
Trust me, 9/10 times the cashier doesn't care overly much about regulars like you. If you talked about the weather they would talk back and it would break the ice.

I also got out of my autistic sperg stage by small talking with cashiers and random people too.
>>
>>27618161

Small change used to bother me when I worked fast food, but that's because at Taco Bell we're supposed to get every customer out of the drive thru in less than 70 seconds. Never mind the fact that this is physical impossible on some orders, but simple orders that shouldn't take 30 seconds were dragged out by morons counting change. Then upper management bitch out our managers for not meeting time who then bitch us out for not meeting time.

Now that I'm working retail though I'm super chill about change.
>>
>gas station got caught selling to underage before i was hired
>will lose license to sell age restricted products if it happens again
>system now REQUIRES a driver's license to be scanned
>literally will not ring up age restricted products if not
>even includes lighters and rolling papers in this restriction
>cue horde of old cunts angry that they're being carded for their shit
>"i'm 60 years old this is ridiculous!" like it's my fault for carding them
>paranoid nuts thinking the government is tracking them when i scan
>foreigners on vacation angry that their passport doesn't work
>military vets angry that their military ID also doesn't work
>that happiness when a problem customer says he won't come back

>regulars handing it to me with no problem and without asking
>>
>>27618249
>>paranoid nuts thinking the government is tracking them when i scan

Kek
>>
File: HD Remaster.jpg (59 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
HD Remaster.jpg
59 KB, 960x720
>>27616860
>Customer service told me that the box was bad. Replace the box.
Ma'am, you've got noise on your line and your losing signal. I just need to replace your drop. The box is fine and provisi-
>REPLACE MY BOX
I can do that, but it won't solve your problem
>STOP LYING TO ME
>>
>>27618249
>system now REQUIRES a driver's license to be scanned
>foreigners on vacation angry that their passport doesn't work
>military vets angry that their military ID also doesn't work

To be fair that's kind of a bullshit system. Not everyone has a driver's license.
>>
>>27618198
As a cashier I would say that I personally enjoy any type of small talk (especially if it's from a regular). Anything to break up the monotony of the day and to take my mind off the pain in my feet is awesome. You could talk about the wind for all I care
>>
>is that debit or credit?
"yes"
>how many lemons in this bag?
"3 dollars"
I SAID HOW MANY LEMONS IN THIS BAG NOT WHAT JEW PRICE YOU WANT EM AT
btw i have to ask how you are paying because my registers are from like the 80s and i need to manually enter shit
>>
>>27618198

Eh, then don't.

Beeeeeee yourself.
>>
File: 85454.png (146 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
85454.png
146 KB, 1100x1100
>Work at large grocery store
>Stack large wooden pallets and other heavy shit all day ery day
>Get told to break down a whole pallet of water (the big 32 count ones) and put them to the shelf
>tfw getting mired by all of the slightly older milfs and fit soccer moms with the occasional flirty comment
>>
>>27618312
No offense senpai but you are some guy on r9k, for all i know you could be the same as me
>>
>>27618198
Seriously if you have a quick, simple transaction with your cash prepared and in hand when you get to the register you are a cashier's dream. People that spend all day deciding what they want and fumbling with cash while the line grows behind them, or that unnecessarily complicate the transaction are what cause irritation. Not to say that you should never ever do these things but at least be polite and apologetic when you do. It shows awareness that cashing takes two and that you're trying to do your part as the customer to make sure things go smoothly.

People that come in acting like they own the place and like they know best are much more irritating. Like, it's my store. I maintain this business, I spend 8 hours a day here as a professional worker, I know how shit works around here. You don't get to tell me how to do my job.
>>
>>27618138

The thing is that, for most of the businesses that the people in this thread work for, it wouldn't matter even if they did keep their word. It's one customer among thousands, it won't even be noticed.
>>
>store has clearance section
>clearance section constantly a mess because Jews blow through it and put things back in the wrong spot
>woman comes up with clearance item
>"The tag said this was 25 cents?"
>item rings up 29 cents
>"Oh I don't want it then"
>>
>>27618280
To expand:

>Favorite customers
Older folks. They're always so polite. Also, pretty much anyone in an impoverished area. Always so polite and thankful. Usually really nice.
>Least favorite customers
People with lots of money who think I'm the plebian cable tech and that I need to run them brand new outlets in every room for free.
>>
File: 1455777970490.png (312 KB, 601x595) Image search: [Google]
1455777970490.png
312 KB, 601x595
>work in retail sporting goods
>customers come in all the time asking for basketball hoops, weight sets, threadmills, etc
>have to bring it down a flight of stairs and truck it out to their car
>even have to hellp them get it inside their trunk
>don't get tipped 90% of the fucking time
>>
>used to work at hardware store
>management desperate for customer retention
>we take returns on everything
>clean your basement and find something you bought from us 15 years ago?
>we take it
>not even store credit, cash for last sell price in system
I had some dirty fucks try to return a used toilet seat that had actual shit on it. Manager made me take it. Says we can just write it off as defective, so I had the joy of having to wrap it up for shipping.
>>
>>27618405
>tag on the shelf reads $2.19
>sticker on the can reads $2.99
>the can rings up as $2.49

i don't know what to think any more
>>
>>27618486
>expecting a tip for doing your job

Pretty much your fault for being American.
>>
>>27618486
>>27618519
On military bases, baggers get tipped. You're supposed to tip baggers at the commissary.
>>
>>27618487

I've heard this a lot about Home Depot and Lowe's. People who work there have told me people bring in items with the other store's logo on it and they still refunded it.
>>
>>27618515
Here in Michigan we have laws about that sort of thing. Of course, it's still America, so we get shit on in terms of consumer protections.

https://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-164-17337_20942-134114--,00.html
>>
>>27617924
My absolute frogposting nigga

I did my time, now I get to NEET it up
>>
>>27616860
>Have 1 liter and 20 oz water bottles that are expensive as fuck anyway
>"Hi, I'll have a water"
>"Uh, what size? We have 1 liters and 20 oz bottles."
>"Uhhmmmmm uh uh uhmm just get me the big one"

Do normies actually not attend school? What the fuck is wrong with people this happens 9 times out of 10
>>
>>27618442
See, in my experience old people are frequently entitled cunts that have no idea what's going on so they're angry and confused and it's YOUR FAULT.
>>
File: 201403201910221455.jpg (448 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
201403201910221455.jpg
448 KB, 1920x1200
>>27618519
>donates a dollar to some charity at the register
>doesn't fucking donate a dollar for me carrying 300lbs worth of shit to his car

It doesn't really surprise me anymore though
>>
File: 1437704539765.jpg (10 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1437704539765.jpg
10 KB, 250x236
friendly reminder that if you make me go check in the backroom for an item, you're giving me permission to go back there and take a five minute break
>>
File: Adeleine.png (57 KB, 445x327) Image search: [Google]
Adeleine.png
57 KB, 445x327
>>27617924
Lol what a nerd. I saved enough to last a year. Sounds like you didn't put every last penny away, huh?
>>
>>27618620
This is a retail thread, so I posted wrong like an idiot.

When you work in cable, old people LOVE YOU when you fix their problem.

Their TVs are SO IMPORTANT TO THEM. They don't care about internet usually. Phone is sometimes a thing, but man, that TV...

And it's usually an easy fix, too. Like they've got something wrong with their TV settings or remote.

Often, they're super grateful toward you or offer you a tip.

The impoverished and the elderly are the most understanding people and they are appreciative when you do a good job.

Honestly, sometimes I wish my service area was more in the ghetto.
>>
>customer buys a bunch of garbage they don't need
>"Would you like to make a donation to help end Demon Hitler's reign over Val Halla?"
>customer looks at me in absolute disgust
>"*scoff* NO!"
>>
I've never worked retail but I cringe so hard when I see people making a big deal over a tiny coupon or if they are out of something and taking it out on the closest person they see.
>>
>>27616860
>Rings up an entire cart full of money.
>EBT card doesn't work
>"oh, I'll go get some money from my car, I will be back real quick".
>Never comes back.

Also hate these people.
>no tag or anything on this item.
>"Oh, Its from the clearance rack across the store, go over there and look for yourself."

Fucking clothing is never properly tagged.
>>
File: 1449076686225.jpg (92 KB, 430x342) Image search: [Google]
1449076686225.jpg
92 KB, 430x342
I have the story to end all stories.

>work at Grocery store
>go to back shipping/ receiving room
>smells funky (more so than usual)
>go to my co worker
>"dude, why does it smell like shit back here"
>search the room for a few mins
>friend screams bloody murder
>"OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!"
>rush over
>turn the corner
> find a log of fresh shit on the floor
>Start screaming and dry heaving like a bunch of feral niggers
>crusty old fuck co worker walks in
>"Jesus fucking Christ... In 33 years of working here I have never seen anything like this"
>I nope the fuck out of there for a few mins
>come back to see crusty old co worker scooping up the log of shit with a piece of a cardboard box like it's a hamburger patty
>Goes out the back door and flings it into the woods

Turns out some old man off his meds got confused and took a shit on the floor behind some boxes. God bless the retail life.
>>
>>27618708
>entire cart full of money.
I did not mean to write "money" here...
>>
File: 1434661976436.jpg (170 KB, 540x763) Image search: [Google]
1434661976436.jpg
170 KB, 540x763
>>27618687
>mfw sold all my cystic fibrosis pumpkins for halloween last year and got a free t-shirt from the company

fuckin legend mate
>>
>>27618727
>I have the story to end all stories.

No you didn't
>>
>>27618727
I used to work in special education as a paraprofessional at a school for behavioral problems.

I worked with non-verbal autistic kids.

Let's just say I've wiped more ass than I'd hoped to in life.
>>
>>27618298
Tbqhwyf its probably the most common form of photo id, probably costed to much to get pajeet to program it to scan other forms of id.
>>
>>27617953
yeah, I work fast food now, and middle class white Stacies are the worst customers. I actually prefer baseball game days to our usual lunch rushes, because at least the drunk sports fans don't ask for stupid shit like lettuce wraps, hot dogs on kale salad, gluten free buns, etc and get really pissy when even a small part of their autistically specific order is wrong
>>
>>27618578
I just recently had my orientation with home depot and it was an assistant store manager that was teaching the class. All day long he was talking shit about lowes. It was a little depressing that he is shilling so hard for home depot when the company doesn't give a single fuck about him. Most of the day was spent wondering if this guy believes the bullshit he is spewing or is it just because they pay him
>>
File: mahnig.jpg (22 KB, 550x407) Image search: [Google]
mahnig.jpg
22 KB, 550x407
I work in a grocery store, mostly the meat department
>shift ended 7 minutes ago, about to turn off the lights and leave
>lady comes in and asks if we have any clams
>say we do, she asks how much there are and how many are in a bag
>say I don't know, she says she'll take two
>get the bags and bring them to her
>one bag was 14.99 and other was 10.99
>asks stupid questions like "14.99 EACH?"
>even asks how much they would be total
>areyoufuckingserious.jpg
>before I can answer her kid says "26$, god I thought you were good at math?"
>>
>>27618371

>Be shopping
>Qt asian stops me and asks me to lift something for her
>Do it
>She fucking claps for me

I felt like a fucking man and that was my woman for a brief moment.

It was nice
>>
File: 1444009867584.png (1022 KB, 1024x689) Image search: [Google]
1444009867584.png
1022 KB, 1024x689
Lol, got fired from my job a few weeks ago but got severance pay. I actually feel happier now that I have more time. I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe being NEET ain't so bad, at least not as bad as doing retail.
>>
>work at Publix
>cashier on 10 items or less line
>get in trouble for denying people with over 10
>get in trouble for taking people over 10

I fucking hate the 10 items or less line. Especially at Publix when you're not allowed to tell someone to get out of your line and of course the manager is always on the customers side regardless of items they have.
>>
File: 1360004213791.jpg (12 KB, 260x239) Image search: [Google]
1360004213791.jpg
12 KB, 260x239
last year..or maybe 2 years ago now
go grocery shopping at safeway
see the planks of cheese on sale for 4$, usually 12$
when im paying it comes up as 8$ say its labeled as 4$
we disagree and we then go to check the price
she points out the big bolded price(4$) is how much you save
admit defeat and mention that that is a really stupid way of posting a sale price, she agrees and says they are doing it the way sobeys is now.
decide not to get the 8$ cheese
a week or 2 later they no longer post prices like that anymore, either i made a good point and it was brought up to corporate or there was enough other people who also ended up being confused as fuck and they realized the fuckup.

now when they have sale prices the big bolded price is the price you are gonna be paying, but i now lean in to check any small print incase they fuck up again.
>>
>>27618939

>retail
>severance pay

Lol
>>
File: 1387590608541.png (356 KB, 572x380) Image search: [Google]
1387590608541.png
356 KB, 572x380
Two times in the past 2 months I see this one guy in the store, looks somewhat normal, has a speech impediment and has asked me for help for the stupidest shit
>Asks for help
>leads me to the toy aisle
>asks how much an item costs
>clearly says 7.59
>hands me a 5 and asks if that's enough
>see he has 8$ in total and tell him yes
Clearly something ain't right with him, yet he's by himself with no tard wrangler, I hope to god he doesn't drive. Last time he needed help I was about to go on break with a nice fish dinner and he had me in the same damn aisle if we had any more of a certain toy car pack.
>>
>"This is cheaper at CVS/Walmart/other store"

Umm okay? Go shop there then.

>"Do you have any more of these in the back?"
No
>"Can you check to make sure?"
WTF? Do you think you're the only person who wanted this specific item that's been on sale all week today? We've been out since Wednesday, have the cashier write you a rain check and fuck off.

>cashier needs someone to do a price check
>customer claims item is 2/$3
>register is ringing $2.79 each
>know they grabbed the wrong thing but check anyway
>they grabbed the wrong thing
>tell them they grabbed the wrong thing
>"NONONO IT SAID 2/$3 LET ME SHOW YOU"
>we walk back to the spot and I prove they grabbed the wrong thing

Fuck you assholes you don't know my store better than I do.
>>
>>27618982
Read the fucking sign you colossal ducking retard. I cannot stand you idiots. You don't read - you associate a string of numbers with the nearest item or, God fucking forbid, whichever item you want then waste the front desk, cashiers, and sales floor folks' time with your utter inability to FUCKING READ.

Kill yourself.
>>
>chinks constantly opening boxes, even for products that have display models
>get upset when there's no sealed boxes on the shelf
>I get one from the back, factory sealed and they wanna open it anyways
>leave the open boxes that I went out of my way to get open and in fucking chaos on the floor

It's just the fucking Chinese too, the Koreans and phillipinos have respect but the chinks are fucking horrible.

Arab men are best customers, hands down
>>
>>27619009
Not that guy but I'm fulltine and my store hasn't forced me to take any of my holiday leave. I will get payout of almost $20,000 when I quit provided they don't realize and force me to use some of my holiday time before I quit.
>>
File: smileee.jpg (17 KB, 479x470) Image search: [Google]
smileee.jpg
17 KB, 479x470
>>27619062
you do realise they changed it from what it used to be
bolded price was what you paid
they change it to copy another grocery store, people get confused and it causes problems
they go back to the way it was, no more problems

your an idiot.
>>
This is my favorite

>"Sir your card wasn't authorized, would you like to try a differen't card or payment?"
>"Uhhh can I try it again"
>"umm sure go ahead"
>"it's still not authorized"
>"That's impossible I just used it!"
>"Are you traveling? Your bank may have blocked your card"
>"No that can't be it. I travel all the time! It must be your systems!"
>They finally get a text or call from their bank telling them something about credit fraud

This happens so many times. Sometimes I don't even bother to help them, I just let them keep swiping their card.
>>
File: 1459657767181.jpg (41 KB, 425x446) Image search: [Google]
1459657767181.jpg
41 KB, 425x446
>"Workin' hard or hardly work'n?" heh.."
>>
>>27618685
>Phone is sometimes a thing, but man, that TV...

I think a lot of old people are lonely and just having the television on in the background is somewhat comforting and feels like there's company.
>>
I would not wish working fast food in an area with a lot of niggers on anyone.

>Black guy beating the shit out of his girlfriend in the parking lot random guy gives her his phone to call police nig cracks phone
>Screaming niglets and loud black women yelling back at them in the middle of ordering food
>coming through the drive through drunk every night
>gibs me dat
>>
>get phone call
>"Hi, what time do you guys close?"

Literally how? If you used Google to find our store's phone number then our hours would have popped up too. Not only that, but you have to listen to a robot voice drone on before you can talk to an employee and the option before "Customer Service" is fucking "Store Hours".
>>
>>27618727
>I have the story to end all stories.

Not even close, cuck.
>>
>>27619328
all i've seen is "muh whiney customers". Just trying to get some variety in this thread.
>>
I work in Walgreen's photo department. If you've ever helped your parents or grandparents do anything computer related only for them to act like a retarded chimp, then stretch out that feeling over 8 hours a day.
>>
>>27618727
A guy i knew in high school shat behind one of the L shaped game holders in gamestop because they "didn't have a restroom"
>>
>>27619181
>Work alone because not busy enough for two people but just busier than one person should have to handle
>Rush finally subsides
>Take a moment to regather thoughts and tidy up
>Someone comes in
>"Working hard?" sarcastically

Fuck you
>>
Why do customers always want to get you in trouble/fired for even the slightest slip up or disagreement?
>>
>>27619352
Whiny customers is better than what you had to offer.
>>
>>27619460
I think they feel like it gives their shitty life some kind of power
>>
>>27619154
>tfw US retail jobs aren't legally required to give ANY vacation time and it's just 5 full days a week year round forever until you quit
>>
File: speak-to-a-manager-haircut.jpg (43 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
speak-to-a-manager-haircut.jpg
43 KB, 468x468
>>27619460

Entitlement complex.
>customer wants discount because box has dust on it
>"We can't give discounts because of dust"
>she wants to talk to my manager
>manager tells her the same thing
>>
File: 1445039815932.jpg (343 KB, 1095x1195) Image search: [Google]
1445039815932.jpg
343 KB, 1095x1195
>mfw going to the grocery store
I'm always on my very best behavior because I know you guys are there.
>>
>>27619510
How is the US not considered a third world country?
>>
>>27619225
It's something to do that is entertaining. They're not accustomed to new technology and so it's something they can enjoy.

Some older folks do talk up a storm and you're basically trying to fend them off to get out the door and to your next job so you don't miss a timeframe.
>>
File: 1404781001851.jpg (90 KB, 706x720) Image search: [Google]
1404781001851.jpg
90 KB, 706x720
>>27618909
>qt Asian girl comes into your job
>imagine spending the rest of your lives together

Its a welcome respite from angry baby boomers and upper-middle class white Stacys
>>
>>27619510

They may not be legally required to give it, but all of them do in an effort to stay "competitive". I'm about to take a week of paid time off for my birthday in May.
>>
>used to be retail cashier at Sears
>people would pull this shit occasionally
>blah blah blah, i deserve this for free
>even jokingly if a price wouldn't ring up "lmao it's free right??"
>don't even give a shit that much, would find reasons to try and give people discounts or money off or altered prices because i hated the store
>people being entitled shits to you
>>
When my store gets busy and the lines are long, I proceed to cashier even slower just to piss everyone off. The front usually goes crazy because there's not enough people in the first place and I force our lazy managers to get on a register.
>>
>>27619181
>Anything else I can get you today?
>"Yeah how 'bout a million bucks?"
>Okay
>"W-wait really?"
fast food bro btw
>>
File: 1422036541296.jpg (36 KB, 526x518) Image search: [Google]
1422036541296.jpg
36 KB, 526x518
>>27619181
>item won't scan
>"Heheh must be free then!"
>>
>>27618578
I work at home depot and I assure you this is true. Some dude bought a fuck ton like I'm talking 30-40 of these two dollar snow shovels at Walmart and we took them for 15 bucks a pop
>>
>>27619630
Most of them don't actually unless you're a "full time" employee which nobody is because they intentionally keep you at 38 hours a week so they can deny you benefits.

The whole system is rigged against the poor and unfortunate so that they can scam you out of what little money you have.
>>
>>27619676
Surprisingly I haven't heard this one in a while. Usually it's at least everyday.
>>
>>27619618
>Some older folks do talk up a storm and you're basically trying to fend them off to get out the door and to your next job so you don't miss a timeframe.

I have a number of elderly regulars who come in solely to talk to me for hours on end. Some don't even let me talk, they interrupt me or speak over me if I say something. They literally just want someone to listen to their shit. Fuck their kids, they should be the one enduring that. It's a fucking downer.
>>
>>27619534
Or the opposite, manager caves in and gives them a discount and then they look at you with that smug self-satisfaction.
>>
>>27619711
>I go to school so I get about 30ish hours a week
>Coworker gets 37 and 1/2
Luckily for her it means they'll never call her in or ask her to stay longer at least
>>
>>27619749
They're usually upbeat and talking about Jesus or whatever. I just nod my head and politely agree and respond when I can.
>>
>work at candy store
>"Is this gluten free?"
>It's chocolate. There is no wheat in chocolate.
Every fucking day I get this question from some dumb fucking middle aged woman who only gets joy in life out of following whatever fad diet/allergy/condition other dumb fucking middle aged women follow.
>>
>>27619560
Our collective delusion defies conventional categorization. We believe we are number one, therefore we are number one. We used to be number one, but then we became content to simply call ourselves so.
>>
>>27619753

Tell your manager to grow a fucking spine. I respect my managers so much because they don't take shit from customers.
>>
File: 1409036730720.gif (4 KB, 256x272) Image search: [Google]
1409036730720.gif
4 KB, 256x272
Working at Walmart can be especially ironic when our subhuman customers and their cum-goblins come in and pick up and leave items literally wherever and complain that no one is ever around (severely understaffed), and then turn around and get mad when I don't give a shit that they think they won the lottery because they found something under a cheaper price tag.
They can't comprehend how no one works in our store to be able to straighten their mess so things aren't in the wrong spot.
>>
File: image.jpg (425 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
425 KB, 2000x1000
How many robots work deli?
I know a lot of /b/tards work deli

>large n charge guy in a suit comes up
>asks for a cheese
>cheese is half gone
>complains that it looks old
>it was opened today
>still complains starting cursing
>asks me to get another one
>tells me he needs a lot
>manager gives me a look
>go in the cooler get another brick of cheese
>go back out rip apart the packaging
>put the fucker in the slicer
>I'll take 10 slices
>everytime.jpg
I hated working there quit a month later worst job I've ever had
>>
make a fast food wageslave edition.

>tfw new boss
>lower hours
>yells at me and every other coworker.

the great cost of making the food 2 minutes faster than the previous boss
>>
>>27620193

2 minutes faster is a huge improvement. What the fuck were you idiots doing before the new guy showed up?
>>
File: feels guy.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
feels guy.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>applied for a job at a retail place a while ago
>had an interview there a couple of weeks ago
>thought it went really well
>they never called me back
>>
>cute girl comes up to register
>"I need cigarettes"

Instant turn off. I wish I could sit her behind the counter for an hour so she can watch the old, fat fuck smokers come in to get their prescriptions that are barely holding them together and then stop by the front to get more of their precious cancer sticks.
>>
>>27620193
>>27620229
>mfw someone yelling about 13 minutes drive thru orders last time i went to mcdonalds

to be fair it was a friday night
>>
>>27620316
I do know what I sell, because the fucking ingredients are on the back. And it says GLUTEN FREE on the front. Then people argue with me because it also says "processed in a facility that also uses peanuts, tree nuts....wheat" and only see the "wheat" part of it.
>>
I am a recently-graduated Pharmacist making $60/hr. I thought money would be enough for happiness. Still depressed as fuck. Customers treat you like a fucking glorified cashier. Don't even know the difference between you and the techs. And of course, still a kissless handholdless virgin. I spend very little money so now I am just saving every penny I can so I can retire as early possible and jerk of to anime all day.
>>
>>27620407
>$60/hr

You're a fucking liar. At that point you'd be on a salary, not an hourly wage.
>>
>>27620432

No, I am paid by the hour.
>>
>>27620407
>Customers treat you like a fucking glorified cashier.

I feel like you're seriously underestimating normal cashier work and overestimating the difficulty of your own job.

The least paid jobs are typically the hardest anon.
>>
>>27620486

I worked as a cashier throughout high school. I know what it entails. It's not hard. Just mind-numbingly boring.
>>
>>27617914
it feels like they can't really tell the difference between employees and CEO's and other board members.
>>
>>27620500
How is your job harder then? You just memorize medication instead of cigarette brands right?

Do you clean the building? Order new stock? ID people? No lotto behind your counter either right? Seems like a fucking easy job for more than 6x normal pay.
>>
>>27620407

Pharmascists are glorified cashiers.

>doctor diagnoses and writes prescription
>pharmacists reads prescription
>"Here you go that'll be $39.99. Don't take more than 3 of these or you might die"
>>
>>27620229
we are faster now because the new boss hire more people. much more. turn over rate is higher than ever too because the crappy hours. i think i see a new face every week. the previous boss had way less employees each one with 40-75..everyone was making tons of money
>>
>>27620177
I've never worked in a deli but I wish I could kill that cheese guy.

What a cunt.
>>
>>27619157
>t. dumb white roastie stacy
>>
>>27620345
13 minutes is unacceptable at McDonald's, regardless of the time.
>>
>>27619154
you realize most companies have a cap right?
have you actually looked at how much holiday time you have saved up
>>
>>27620599
>the previous boss had way less employees each one with 40-75..everyone was making tons of money

Everyone except the business.
>>
>>27620558

Anon, pls.

I do order new stock and I have to keep very good track of all stock. Always have to ensure pharmacy is in compliance with Board policies.

You have people forging prescriptions, shouting at you for their "pain" meds. Of course, I ID people if I feel like they might be lying.

No actual breaks. Literally on my feet for eight hours a day.

People have all sorts of drug therapy problems you have to deal with. And they ask all sorts of questions which you are forced to answer politely.

Don't even get me started on the flu shot/vaccination BS. Waste of time.
>>
>>27620631
>you realize most companies have a cap right?
Not in my country. Maybe if you live under the United Socialist States of America regime
>have you actually looked at how much holiday time you have saved up
Yep. Employer knows two because they would have seen how much was there the one time they did sign off on me taking annual leave
>>
>>27620624

Give an exception for Halloween and New Years Eve. Literally every drunk normie in town comes through with a car full of people.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 569x802
>>27620610
I have plenty more, people are just assholes in general, I switched to stocking so I wouldn't have to deal with customers

>be closing time
>been cleaning all the slicers,washing dishes
>takes about 2.5 hours to break everything down
>30 minutes after closing lady comes in
>"hi can I have 50 slices of salami 50 slices of ham 50 slices of cheese?"
>as I'm about to shoo her away manager peeks his head out
>gives me the damn look again
>have to put back 2 slicers (1 for meat 1 for cheese)
>already cleaned them
Everytime manager was a dick head who did no real work and left me alone to clean everything which took 4 hours instead of 2 because two people quit
>>
>>27620658
sounds like basic fucking cashier work to me

you just think you're better than that and you're not

despite being VERY VERY overpaid
>>
>>27620653

Is that a separate entity from the people working for it?
>>
>>27620721
>>27620721

hardly overpaid. college for eight years and >100K in student loans. dont do it...
>>
>>27620711

What a dickweed, I always just tell people no once we've closed.
>>
>>27620653
not really. the store was making more money back then, because we had hundreds of customers. Now with the low oil prices a lot of people is leaving the town. The old boss left because of his waifu. Not because he was doing a bad job.
>>
>>27620711
Heh

>my manager told us to say to customers that the 'cleaning chemicals' on the slicer wont go away for a while
>never had to be cucked like that

Feels alright, i eventually got a different job though
>>
>>27620658
>I do order new stock and I have to keep very good track of all stock. Always have to ensure pharmacy is in compliance with Board policies.

Good job. I'm also a cashier and I have to do this for beer and wine at my store.

>You have people forging prescriptions, shouting at you for their "pain" meds. Of course, I ID people if I feel like they might be lying.

And we get kids trying to buy alcohol and tobacco. Same shit, different product.

>No actual breaks. Literally on my feet for eight hours a day.

Report it to your higher ups.

>People have all sorts of drug therapy problems you have to deal with. And they ask all sorts of questions which you are forced to answer politely.

At least you're qualified to answer said questions. Every day I'm asked questions about products I've never even heard of.

>Don't even get me started on the flu shot/vaccination BS. Waste of time.

What part of giving a shot is hard?
>>
>>27620193
Fast food honestly wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for all the black people.
>>
>>27619534
>that pic
More like the "I'm single and have a Mulatto child" haircut.
>>
>worked in retail pharmacy as a certified tech
>make two whole dollars over minimum wage
>take different pills everytime I work
>steal bottles and sell
>"sorry to see you go, anon"
>>
>>27620682
fair enough, i work at a tech fortune 500 and there's no way they'd allow you to get more than 300 hours of vacation time, and most of the other big tech companies are the same
just wanted to make sure you weren't getting yourself fucked over
>>
>>27620785
>What part of giving a shot is hard?

You can't multitask while doing it. Have to sit down with them and do it. Also doesn't pay very much. Bad because then patients complain about why their prescription is taking so long.
>>
>>27620743
you literally make more than 100k a year. you can pay off your debt in ONE YEAR and make insane money forever after. for the exact same effort as someone that can't even afford the cheapest shitbox apartment. i would literally murder you in cold blood and spend 5 years in prison if i could have your job after.
>>
>>27620743
>college for eight years and >100K in student loans.

At $60/hr you'd be making over $124k before taxes if you worked full time. If you don't spend money like a retard those student loans will go away super quickly.
>>
>>27620829
>>27620854

but money is pointless. All I use it for paying for my loan, tiny apartment and cheap food. I can live on $25000 an year very well I think with my lifestyle. That's why I wanna save up and retire as soon as possible.
>>
>>27620796
they call a lot here complaining about " this is not what i ordered, can i get muuh money back or a discount for my next order?"
>>
>>27620868
it's probably worth paying of your student loans asap, that 100k is going to be ~150-300k by the time it's paid off (depending on length)
you're probably also paying 1k+ a month on them already, which is obnoxious
>>
>tfw your manager is insane and schedules you at 5am just to move some signs and product around
>tfw it could be done throughout the day and no significant different would be made other than the employees being happy
>tfw whenever I get scheduled at 5am it's always an 8 hour shift but everyone else gets to go home at 10am

Fuck. At least I'm moving states in a few months and will never be back at this place ever again.
>>
>>27620868
"money is pointless" is a truly ignorant statement that can only be made by people with too much money

when so many unfortunate people are living in poverty and can't afford those modest means you enjoy

take all that meaningless money and give it to me then faggot how dare you have the nerve to complain
>>
>>27620596
Really? They don't have to create it or anything? The drugs get shipped to them or something?
>>
> working Easter at a grocery store as cashier
> phone rings, no one to answer it and no customers for now so I answer it.
> "Hello, thank you for calling [store name], how can I help you?"
>"yeah hi, are you guys closed today?"
> yeah we're closed, thats why I answered the fucking phone

are you fucking kidding me? People arent this retarded right?
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>>27620777
>>27620752
I guess it was because our department wasn't making enough money. Some nog was always giving out bags of chicken to his friends manager would never stop him was pretty funny tho
>>
>>27620919
some (maybe most?) pharmacists have to do at least some compounding themselves
>>
>>27616860
>work in auto shop
>scumbag customers always want free work done
>don't even have the tools for half the shit they want done
>get done working on a vehicle's wheel.
>torque down the wheel
>torque down the wheel by hand
>torque wrench makes a clicking noise whenever the set torque is applied.
>always click wrench twice
>have workmate torque down the wheel by hand
>take car out do a bunch of donuts, park the car, and torque down the wheel by hand again.
>one month passes
>management comes by "hey anon do you remember working on the wheel of a car with some year make and model"
>think about it for a minute "I think so"
>M: "we're going to need you to write a statement about the work you did".
>write statement "so whats this all about?"
>M: "well apparently the guy had a wheel fall off his car while he was driving, just so you know if we find out that you're responsible you will be terminated and could be criminally prosecuted for criminal neglect."
look it up, guys have been charged with manslaughter because they worked on a car and a wheel fell off and someone died.
>week passes constantly hear about customer wanting the company to replace his front end blah blah blah.
long story short the wheel that fell off wasn't even the wheel worked on. people are shameless and stupid.
>>
>>27620902

yea loans are priority because they have interest. then i focus on the savings.

>>27620917

i think i will work with some other autists i know to maybe start a small residence for poor neets.

and i did mean pointless for me. because i dont need very much. of course it wouldnt be pointless to say a poor single mother
>>
File: the beccy.jpg (96 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the beccy.jpg
96 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw unrealistic shelf-stocking times and no gf have aged me through my 20s in 4 years
>>
>>27620919
>They don't have to create it or anything? The drugs get shipped to them or something?

No, they don't make the drugs and yes the drugs get shipped to them. Some hospitals have replaced their pharmacists with machines because a pharmacist's job can literally be done by a machine.
>>
>there's no price tag, I guess that means it's free!
:-)))))))
>>
>>27620811
>fair enough, i work at a tech fortune 500 and there's no way they'd allow you to get more than 300 hours of vacation time

Happens all the time at big companies. Google it. One google searched showed me the CEO of Whole foods has 338 days of annual leave saved up.

Your employer/country just sounds shitty. Appreciate your concern though.
>>
>>27620177
I just started working in a deli and holy fuck the customers are bad.

> nice dubs
>checked
>>
File: gups.jpg (561 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
gups.jpg
561 KB, 1920x1200
>tfw your long hair gets greasier and flatter as the shift goes on
Have to keep fucking with my hair to make sure I don't look like Smeagol
>>
I work at a grocery store but I have literally never had a rude customer, wonder why
>>
>>27620785
Most pharmacies only have one pharmacist working at a time and they are pretty much necessary to do anything because they have to validate all prescriptions before they are sold and also before the sale of pseudo drugs. Consequently any breaks they do get are super limited. I'm glad I didn't continue on that career path
>>
>>27621053
What did you do instead?
>>
File: 1404333338275.jpg (38 KB, 578x418) Image search: [Google]
1404333338275.jpg
38 KB, 578x418
>cashier pages me to come help him
>head across the entire store to see what he needs
>ask him what's wrong
>customer handed him a $20 and he typed in $200 and doesn't know what to do
Shouldn't basic math be a requirement for a cashier?
>>
>>27621027
Could just get a buzzcut. You might even look intimidating if you are a woman.
>>
>>27621076
You still have to go into the computer and fix/ get an override from a manager so the drawer doesn't look short. Ya dingus.
>>
>>27621064
Got a job in a local business working with friends. Getting paid only 50 cents less and I'm not constantly conversing with middle aged female coworkers and drug addicts. Also don't have to dress like a dick
>>
Callcenter feels

>prepaid sector for phone company
>poor, old and stupid or ignorant people with 4g phones
>Whatsapp ask me for a password
>when is my pack ending?
>how much credit do i have?
>How do i press to download "X"

>how do i finish this call???

>YOU STOLE MY CREDIT
>WHY IS MY WHATSAPP NOT WORKING OMGGG
>WHY CANT I DOWNLOAD MY WHATSAPP
>WHY MY INTERNET STOPPED WORKING 10 MINUTES AGO
>CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME MONEY TO SEND THIS TEXT PLEASE?

why people have to be this stupid?
>>
>>27621157
>I'm not constantly conversing with middle aged female[s]
There is no one more uninteresting. Menopausal and post-menopausal women are the most boring people on the planet.
>>
>>27621076
>Shouldn't basic math be a requirement for a cashier?

No actually, the register does that for you. It's easy for the customer to mental math their single transaction but when you're juggling hundreds in a shift with a bunch of other things just no. Anyway your example IS one of those other things, an irregular situation of making a typo of which there will be MANY. Although if they're clever they may realize they can just give correct change regardless of typos and the register will come out even.
>>
File: 1352402855579.jpg (497 KB, 914x1448) Image search: [Google]
1352402855579.jpg
497 KB, 914x1448
>Work with groceries
>Love working by myself and enjoy helping customers
>Stay productive and have a pretty good capacity for self-direction
>Only thing I don't like is when they stick somebody to team up with me
>They always end up stand next to me acting resentful and disengaged while I do the work by myself because I don't have any normie shit to talk about
>When they stick us in teams, they expect an amount of work suiting the number of teammates to get done, so I have to do the work of 2 people if they send me a "buddy."

Honestly, I can't grasp how normies can talk all day. It seems like everyone understands that the average person is lame as hell. My only assumptions are that they either like the sound of their own voices, or they're uncomfortable with the thoughts they conjure in silence.
>>
File: 1444713737386.jpg (44 KB, 639x628) Image search: [Google]
1444713737386.jpg
44 KB, 639x628
>regular night, half empty department
>filling some aging couple's beer growler
>they start telling me that I need to take multivitamins
>the government is apparently lying to us about what we need and stripping vitamins out of food
>my face the entire time
>>
after working in retail for so long just about everything a customer does pisses me off, but what really triggers me are the people who refuse to even look at the card reader during the entire transaction or follow the simplest instructions

>customer swipes card
>error beep
>"Sir, your card did not read, give it a moment to refresh then try swiping again"
>customer swipes card over and over ignoring me and gets frustrated
>"IT'S NOT WORKING"

>frustrated customers mash card reader buttons as hard as they can
>customers mad when months later the card reader starts fucking up

>"UH it's asking me if I want cash back what do I press?"
>do you want cash back?
>"no"
>hit no

>"I'm done signing do I hit DONE or CLEAR??"
>"I HIT DONE, BUT MY SIGNATURE IS GONE AND IT'S NOT DOING ANYTHING HELP"
>"I have to sign again? ? ???"

>"I pushed the red x button and now it's making me put my pin number in again!"
>"IS IT GONNA CHARGE ME TWICE??!"
>>
>>27621249
Well, you'd blend in better with a buzzcut than with the long ass hair you currently have. Just don't ever get fat while having a long hair, that's the worst.
>>
File: 1438262974550.jpg (663 KB, 1888x1280) Image search: [Google]
1438262974550.jpg
663 KB, 1888x1280
>puts change/dollars/any tender on the counter than handing me it
>"can you price check this" (every store has price checkers with a big fucking sign that says "price check")
>"do you have any more in the back?" no dipshit we put everything on the floor before stores open unless it's huge furniture garbage
>super fucking slow old people who have to talk constantly on how to swipe a card in the swiper
>"hablos espanol gringo?"
>those assholes who decide to look up on the latest coupons/deals at the last second with other people waiting in line
>poor people who try to save an extra dollar one some clearance item

the ride never ends boys
>>
>>27621269
>beer growler
I don't know about stripping vitamins out of food, but the nutritional pyramid is utter horseshit. The notion that people need dairy and grain in their diet is at best misleading, at worst a public health risk.
>>
>>27621189
It's a real strain to think of vapid, pointless topics to talk about all day. Otherwise, if you don't try to maintain conversation, you're considered rude and they become less inclined to help you with work. I went through a milf phase during that job tho
>>
>>27618615
If you live in america, you almost never buy liquids in metric.
If you live everywhere else, you never buy anything with "fluid ozs".
What the fuck is wrong with your company for selling two different systems?
>>
>>27621138

No you don't you idiot. You just give him the change he's supposed to get and the drawer will be balanced.
>>
>>27621303
>here just let me dump out a lot of assorted change on your counter
>>
>>27617901

The supermarket chain I work for recently told us that if it's a price dispute that is $5 or under to just put it through as the price they say or for free
>>
>>27617943
>customer wants to pay with an expired coupon
>coupon was issued five years ago
>by law coupons are valid for thirty years after the issueing date
>wat do
>>
>>27621329
ayy that's how sizing works in the US

oz is a common standard used for drinks, liter is also a nice flat amount

it's normal to use both depending on volume
>>
>>27621292
I am fat, 215 pounds. It sucks but I'm working on it.
>>27621303
>"can you price check this"
When they want the reduced items price-checked is the worst
>>27621076
Cashier's a high-pressure job. A lot of places don't even train their register wagies how to unfuck a purchase when a customer changes their mind mid-transaction
>>
File: 1459451450752.jpg (41 KB, 496x444) Image search: [Google]
1459451450752.jpg
41 KB, 496x444
>work fastfood
>the first days of the months the welfare scum comes in
>always pays with a large bill and a "'Im better than you" smug smile on the face
>two weeks later they buy one hamburger and pay with small change
Every month is the same. Welfare is the worst system in the world. We'd be better off letting the scum starve and die.
>>
>>27618645
this holy shit thank you faggots that ask me to go in the back, that means I go to the back room and browse 4chan or masturbate to hentai. THANK YOU
>>
>>27617943
They don't care if you don't care, they're just saying. They don't give a fuck about you, nor do they give a fuck if you give a fuck. Just be a normal human being u fuck
>>
>>27621411
Wew lad, keep flipping them burgers so i can steal your tax money, and why are you still at home at 7am get to work you fucking peasant
>>
>>27621411

I don't think you know what welfare is. The government doesn't just give people fat checks to spend on whatever. You can't even use food stamps at restaurants.
>>
>>27621444
>american welfare

Here in the UK you get hard cash
>>
>>27618161

I'll straight up refuse absurd amounts of change, I remember once some Indian woman who came in with a bread bag FULL of 20c pieces and tried to pay her $16 total with them and flat out said no way

>she pulls out a card

Fucking customers thinking they can dump all their poo change on us
>>
File: 1453081841177.jpg (101 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1453081841177.jpg
101 KB, 399x388
Happend today actually

>middle age man and wife come to my line
>they looks kinda homeless
>shit ton of lunchables, chips and other shit tier food
>oh boy, welfarescum.jpeg
>notice another couple behind them
>First guy says they are with us
>"Uhhh what the fuck are you serious"?
>get through both carts
>$403.25 is your total
>uses EBT to pay for $400 of it
>hands me $4 cash for the rest
>get done and they all leave

HOW IS THIS ALLOWED?!?!?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>27617953
You're fucked.

I worked seasonally at a ToysRUs and it was fucking awful, I saw the dumbest human beings ever there.
>>
>>27621374
>I am fat, 215 pounds. It sucks but I'm working on it.
You don't look that fat in the picture, at least not your face.
>>
>>27621456

Well that's fucking stupid. Who thought that was ever a good idea?
>>
>>27618175

You have to work retail to understand, people seem to become retarded when they enter a shop or supermarket, it's only a minority of customers who do this dumb shit but they are the ones you'll remember

I've been asked, yelled at over and seen the stupidest shit while working retail it's fucking wild
>>
>>27621444
In my country they got rid of food stamps because it was "demeaning". People should be able to pay with money and spent it on whatever they want.
Welfare in my country is: Free housing and 450 bucks to spent on whatever you want to.
The average full time worker has less than that to spent after housing costs. That's why 95% of all immigrants leech off welfare.
I wanted to ride the train too but they said parents too rich, you are white and able to work, so they'd cut the money. Only trash like subhumans can leech off welfare. Everyone white ends up as a wagecuck.
>>
File: 1459412438653.jpg (31 KB, 335x345) Image search: [Google]
1459412438653.jpg
31 KB, 335x345
>>27621498
Who knows, you want to know something else too? soon they will be giving us MORE money and paying for a rented place for doing literally nothing, ain't the UK great?

Enjoy being a slave, goy
>>
Customer throws a fit about their expired coupon? I shorted the drawer a buck fifty to make up for the coupon and cheer them up. Next day the DM bitches at me, says I should never do anything so stupid.
Customer throws a fit about their expired coupon? I told them I couldn't take it. Next day the DM bitches at me, says I should do everything to make the customer happy, even if it means breaking the rules sometimes.
WHOSE ASS AM I SUPPOSED TO KISS?
>>
>>27621547

Always go with company policy. The most important thing is to make sure that your ass is always covered no matter who is angry at you.
>>
>>27618515

Fucking this 80% of the fuck ups are down to the guys doing fill or the idiots who change the sale/special tickets

>keep getting customers arguing about price differences
>almost every time when we go to check the shelf price its an out of date special ticket from a fucking week ago

You had one job guys
>>
>>27621547
They want you to pay it out of your own pocket.
>>
>>27621586
But when I follow company policy, I'm told (though not so directly) that I should go ahead and break policy if it means making customers happy. But when I go through with breaking policy, I'm told not to break policy.
>>27621603
That's against company policy, mister.
>>
File: 1454969964110.jpg (27 KB, 440x398) Image search: [Google]
1454969964110.jpg
27 KB, 440x398
>worked voluntary in cex (basically uk gamestop)
>first day they had me changing the price labels on the bluerays
>some guy comes over and asks where the doctor who soundtrack CD is
>i go up there with him and search for about 10 minutes and tell him he can keep looking if he wants but i doubt it's here since it's not in the correct section (People pick them up and put them back in the wrong place, alot)
>he yells loudly as i'm walking away about the website saying it was in stock
>just stand there deer in headlights style squinting eyes at him in disbelief wondering if he has a tardwrangler around
>he doesn't and says it's my fault they lost a customer today
>tell him it's my first day of unpaid work and i don't care if he buys the cd or not
>"take me to your manager now"
>manager is swedish guy who is bro-tier
>sits there and just nods to the guy for a solid ten minutes then he leaves without his cd
>go to the front desk to checkout for lunch
>manager just looking at me smiling and moving his head
>went to lunch and he was stood outside on the phone to his wife/gf complaining about me saying i was rude to him
>get my burger king and enjoyed the rest of the day doing label changes
>>
>>27618645

Kek I just go back there and check my phone or chat to the dudes in back or even have a cheeky shitpost

The back is wrapped pallets why don't they fucking understand? Even if I see the one can of baby formula or whatever the fuck they want I'm not going to open up a box from a pallet to grab them ONE
>>
>>27618727

Someone barfed on the floor in our store once and just left it there, another time this bum who came in sometimes pissed in a mop bucket, people are animals
>>
>>27621621
>But when I follow company policy, I'm told (though not so directly) that I should go ahead and break policy if it means making customers happy.

But they can't do anything if you don't break company policy, so don't break company policy. Try to diffuse the situation as best as possible so that the customer doesn't bitch to your manager.
>>
positive feels in retail?

>work at clothing store connected to mall
>get mommy'd by my boss who says i look like her son
>learned to talk to people in general
>nice weather = girls slutting it up with their small clothes
>milfs
>>
This thread has made so excited to work customer service.
>>
does anyone remember when Toys R US used to give out goodie bags?
>>
>>27621624
Another story

>resorting the entire dvd section so it's in the right place
>had a juice drink that i kept near me that i would sip from time to time
>go for a piss and when i come out i see a guy drinking from my bottle, put the lid back on and walk out
>picked it up and threw it away and luckily i had a second one which i kept in my pocket now

It just took me by surprise i mean who the fuck does that shit, i bet he had some fucked up disease he wanted to spread
>>
"the money is always right"
-that spongebob episode
>>
>>27618909
Sounds like a fucking amazing feel anon
>>
>"Can you throw this away for me?"
>>
>>27621726

No, my parents never took me to TRU. They never took me to any store and I wish parents these days would do the same for their kids.

>we have ONE aisle for toys
>every day multiple times a day some family with at least 3 kids let their shithead children have free reign within the store
>knocking things off shelves
>moving things around
>running around getting in people's way

WATCH YOUR FUCKING KIDS OR KEEP THEM AT HOME. BE A GOD DAMN PARENT
>>
File: 1431585530573.jpg (23 KB, 493x494) Image search: [Google]
1431585530573.jpg
23 KB, 493x494
>grocery store
>go to the bathroom before break
>enter
>smell shit
>go to last stall
>customer left shitty underwear on the floor.

I just...why?...how?
>>
>>27621764

It was, I felt on another level for those few seconds.
>>
File: joo73.png (407 KB, 483x516) Image search: [Google]
joo73.png
407 KB, 483x516
>>27621793
I do this
>hold shit for too long
>wear tight undies
>crap self
>leave undies in restroom floor or try to flush them with large amounts of TP
>>
At my old job a lot of the employee's would always complain about how shitty it is and how the place is garbage, and to me, it was mediocre sure, but it was mostly ok. Are they spoiled or am I just used to shit?
>>
File: 1 feeel.png (46 KB, 253x294) Image search: [Google]
1 feeel.png
46 KB, 253x294
>>27618909
>I felt like a fucking man and that was my woman for a brief moment.
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-27.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-27.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>be cart associate
>have to make giant uturn with machine to bring carts inside
>making turn
>some old BITCH always goes 30-40mph to get past me and nearly runs me over
>complain to managers
>did you get hit
>no
>then it's alright
>>
>>27619352

Someone who worked in back nearly got murdered at our store how's that for excitement cunt?

>"youths" come into the store fighting with each other
>our company generously had scrapped the security guards we used to have at our store who had batons and pepper spray the week prior
>they start going crazy when staff try to confront them, two of them attack the staff, one runs off into the back area where we prep fruit and veg
>apparently surprised one of the dudes who works produce
>grabs one of the big knives we have and starts fucking hacking at him then flees out the back door
>produce guy is literally bleeding to death in the back room with his arm almost cut off

They got him an ambulance and he lived but has a permanently crippled arm now, the guy who tried to murder him was 17 and didn't even get a prison sentence, got community service because the legal system in Australia literally favors criminals.

Dude from my work was going to be an animal trainer he'd done a course and everything but now he can't even work minimum wage retail
>>
>>27621444
Even in America, there is always a convenience store/bodega in the ghetto that gives cash for spending EBT cards there. Usually by overcharging for and then refunding some cash, with a percentage deducted for the service.

Example:

>Buy $20 bottle of soda with EBT card
>get $18 cash back
>>
>>27619460

This must be an American thing I've done retail for like 9 years through school and uni and never heard this from even the most enraged cuckstomers
>>
>shitjob at at&t
>old lady comes in
>"can you tell why i'm spending so much?"
>of course miss, what's your number?
>she takes her VODAFONE phone to check
>why
>>
>>27621867

That sounds illegal as shit. If I have to refund a transaction that used EBT the money goes back onto the EBT card.
>>
>>27620341

The fuck kind of pharmacy sells cigarettes
>>
>>27621921

All of them except CVS?
>>
>Expected to try to enforce rules that I know the store has no intention of backing me up on.
>The manager will come up and give them what they want
>I'll look like a stubborn jerk

I've been out of retail for 5 years and I still haven't really recovered from it. Fathers, get your sons in landscaping, security, warehouse stuff... anything but retail. The peon mentality permeates into other areas of your life.
>>
>>27620711

Our deli closes after the store manager leaves and thr duty is too busy to care kek I don't work the deli but I love telling fucks who come in at like 10:30 (deli closes at 9pm) no you can't have sliced meats now
>>
>>27617924

Heh, me too. Live it up.
>>
>>27617943
I have hearing problems and can't always hear unless a person is in front of me speaking clearly.

One time I was leaving work, at the checkout still in my uniform because I was buying a few groceries before I left, and this guy stormed past me saying "YOU JUST LOST A HUNDRED DOLLARS WORTH OF A SALE!" And I didn't know what he was on about so I ignored it.

A lady in the line behind me said, "he was walking behind you calling out to you earlier, but you didn't hear him."

Well fuck me right? Like I really care that some guy took his business to another store. I don't get a fucking commission on what my store sells. I get the same tiny paycheck regardless of how well they do. I hope that fucker NEVER comes back and takes all his hundreds of dollars elsewhere.

God I fucking hate some of our customers.
>>
>>27621952

None in my country do that's fucking hilarious

>got my script for heart disease filled better grab muh ciggies
>>
>>27619021

> he had me in the same damn aisle if we had any more of a certain toy car pack.

just do what I do, and tell him that you'll check the back, then just go on your break so he'll get tired of waiting and find someone else to bother.
>>
>>27621960
>Landscaping
No anon, even us landscapers are not immune to the bullshit
>Doing any kind of tree cutting or hedging
>3 leaves fall onto someone's driveway
>Come out and start getting furious at us for making a mess of their garden
Alternatively
>You can't cut this tree down I've been living here X years blah blah blah
>Literally have to prove we have the council planning rights, this is a public hazard, and not hers to decide
And finally
>Those people who walk under our safety rope to shout at us as we're felling branches big enough to kill someone if they are crushed
>>
>>27621952

Poor CVS. They're always making these moral stands like not selling smokes to be one of the cool companies but they're still sketchy somehow.

Even the best CVS stores in suburbs and the like it feels like Walgreens' retarded cousin.
>>
>>27621888
No shit it's illegal, lots of illegal shit happens in the fucking ghetto.

If they were smart they'd issue "club cards" like sam's club or costco and spin the cash back as "reward points" or something like that.

>>27621857
Jesus christ that's awful. This is why I cringe when people whine about "rehabilitating" criminals in America.

Rehabilitation only works with people able to feel remorse, shame and able to reflect on their actions.

So it obviously won't work on niggs.
>>
File: spardeg6.gif (646 KB, 512x481) Image search: [Google]
spardeg6.gif
646 KB, 512x481
>>27618775
>pajeet my son
>your purchase is soon
>yu must choose your ID
>beautiful and clean drivers lisence
>or designated dunecoon passport
>"India has a space program you dumb bitch mother fucker. We will be a superpower by the year 2030 and we well fuck you up good."
>>
>tfw inventory on Tuesday
I hate this time of year
>>
tales from ebay germany
>sparing you the member to member contacts, which believe me result in one trading partner "thinking" they are being tricked with their 3 Euros purchase/sale - then calling fraud - then accusing ebay of encouraging fraud if we don't suspend their trading partner for the item "smelling funny"/ the payment arriving after 4 days instead of his demanded 3
>the dumbest Untermensch are the retards calling us directly

>"I have sold an item, why do Ihave to pay final value fee? My app told me the LISTING was free - no, I don't have a kom-pju-tor, I only use the app released 3 months ago, because I hate the new design. You have hidden your terms of service I agree to with every listing, so your invoice is illegal!"
>"Why am I being banned for selling Nazi items/being n a private bankrupcty/having a 50% seller defect rate? You are denying my human right to free trade!"
>"I didn't purchase the item because I told my 3yr old daughter to click on the item/I mistook the "buy it now" button for a non-binding shopping cart icon - now I feel personally threatened by the seller who wants payment"
>"No, you can't talk to my father, he's been dead for 3 years. I just use his account"
>>
>>27621857
>randomly attack someone with a knife
>not put in jail

I know that we gotta reform people, but fuck this.
>>
File: 1456505577926.jpg (33 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1456505577926.jpg
33 KB, 640x360
Anyone here ever work at a thrift store?

>Had to wheel racks of clothing around and return the items to the shelf
>One of the managers would time me while I did it
>Cunts would always beeline for my rack when they had the whole fucking store to look at or could have waited 2 minutes to look at the items

Also, the fucking tag-swappers. Like, I know you're stealing but please don't insult my intelligence people by swapping the tag with something from a different department.

I have some nice memories of trying on weird outfits with coworkers on quiet nights though. And scoring rare books, retro vidya, and boardgames and then reselling them online.
>>
>>27621876
One night it was so busy at my store and of course we have 4 call outs so we can't handle it. This guy begins to complain how he had to wait forever. I apologize to him but he still says it's unacceptable and we should have more registers and we should do "this" and that". I started to get tired of his shit and just simply said "it is what it is". Well this guy got so fumed up he waited up at customer service for an extra 20 mins just to tell the guy up there (who was my friend btw) that I'm the worst person ever etc... Then he writes a letter to corporate about how shitty I am and after that he actually goes to yelp to write a review about our store with a whole 3 paragraphs dedicated to me. Luckily I have I cool manager and he thought it was pretty funny so I didn't get written up.
>>
>>27622025

>leave work in my uniform to go to the shopping center in another place
>on my way out stop in to another location of my company because I forgot to buy something at my store
>lady comes up to me "do you work here?"
>I'm literally in the company uniform
>"no" walk off leaving her standing there fuming

Kek I hope she flipped out at the front desk
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.