[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sandwich
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: sandwich.jpg (246 KB, 1024x818) Image search: [Google]
sandwich.jpg
246 KB, 1024x818
If you cut a sandwich in half, do you get two sandwiches, or two halves of a sandwich?
>>
>le frame of reference meme
>>
Two halves ofc, anyone who says otherwise is retarded.
>>
>>27614089
Two halves, any other brain busters?
>>
>>27614140
>>27614148
But what if you have a footlong, and cut it in half?

Surely those are two sandwiches now. If you eat one for lunch, then keep the other for tomorrow, you have eaten two sandwiches.
>>
>>27614173
Watch out, we got the riddler over here!
>>
I think size of the original sandwich comes into play
>>
>>27614089
Technically, two halves. Informally, two sandwiches.
>>
>>27614089
I'd say if you cut the bread in any fashion after assembling it, you are dividing one sandwich into pieces, as opposed to generating new sandwichs. Don't really know though...
>>
>>27614089
Two sandwiches
You cut sandwich in half you get two sandwich

Sandwich always win
>>
>>27614232
There's got to be a limit there. How many times can you halve it before they're just pieces, not whole sandwiches?
>>
>>27614173
only faggots can't handle an entire footlong
>>
>>27614173
>hurr durr, if you divide 1 by 2 do you have 1 or .50
>>
File: 1424198768451.jpg (29 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1424198768451.jpg
29 KB, 396x385
>>27614089
> not cutting it into quarters
> not dipping those quarters into soup
shit iv got a cold an u just reminded me iv got tomato soup in the cupboard. gonna make 4 cheese sandwiches (a sandwich cut into 4) an dip that shit, cheers anon

>>27614140
>>27614148
but if you're at a party and theres a plate of these so called half sandwiches you don't say "hand me one of those sandwich halves", you say "hand me one of those sandwiches please". so whos the genius now huh?
>>
>>27614089
There is only one man who can settle this argument: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_of_Sandwich

Let us post him with our inquiry immediately!
>>
File: 1454911254085.jpg (93 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
1454911254085.jpg
93 KB, 624x352
>>27614258
>mfw my ex gf was telling me about the time she and 2 other girls fucked a guy with a footlong dick in high school

I'm so glad I put that whore in her place
>>
>>27614089
If you cut it like OP pic, both are contents sandwiched with bread, both are sandwiches in and of themselves.

If you cut the top off from the bottom, and you have two separated intact slices of bread with some contents on top of them, those aren't sandwiches, and are just sandwich halves.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorites_paradox
>>
>>27614253
If you can see that it's bread on top of something on top of bread, it's still a sandwich.

By time you've cut your standard sliced bread square sandwich into 64 parts, the height will have an odd proportion to the width and length, and it will likely fall apart into a nonsandwich form.
>>
To have a sandwich all you need are 2 piece's of bread. Not whole piece of bread
>>
File: sandwiches.png (8 KB, 896x295) Image search: [Google]
sandwiches.png
8 KB, 896x295
>>27614358
For it to be a heap of sand rather than a layer, column, or wall of sand, four grains is the minimum: put one on top of the middle of a triangular base of three.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.