[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about the STEM field? Is it a meme people still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: index.png (9 KB, 344x146) Image search: [Google]
index.png
9 KB, 344x146
What do you think about the STEM field? Is it a meme people still fall for in your opinion?
>>
I think Technology and Engineering are applications and shouldn't be lumped in with the Sciences and Maths.
>>
>>27612676
people who get degrees in "system administration" will jerk themselves off about being STEM and act like they're the reincarnation of Issac Newton.
>>
>>27612256
A lot of people fall for it. You should really only pursue it if you enjoy it and are good enough to do it.
>tfw been making a ton of money every summer at internships and have a full time job offer lined up doing what I love
>>
>>27612256
What people don't realize when they become STEM majors is if they hate it, they will be less employable than art majors. Sure, there's a high(er) demand for stem graduates, but if they can't out-compete the guys who actually enjoy it, they'll be unemployable. Even if they do get a job, they'll lose it fairly quickly due to performance issues.

STEM is an even bigger meme than art 2bh.
>>
>>27613221
What's that?
ORIGINAL COMMENT FCZCZ
>>
>>27613403
CS research with programming on the side. Ive done software analysis during the school year and then I usually do security or something during the summer.
>>
>>27613339

that is a lie because no stem students knows what he will end doing anyway
>>
>>27612256
I think that people should stop getting into that field when they don't know what major in, because then they bitch about how X it is even though its their fault for trying to do something above their intelligence level
Also they keep fucking up the job market >.>
So it is maximum memeee
>>
The people that are only in it for the meme ruin it for the people that actually want to be there. I really hate these normies that are in school with me just because they thought they'd get gbp for doing it and act like they love it and they're the idea candidate just because they were born smart. Then they got fucked because they didn't really like it, and they hire each other now to get back at the people who really like it for being better than them.
>>
>>27612256
You need to be extremely interested in STEM to do well.

Most of the people in my class including me dropped out of engineering and went to something else more fun, some went to architecture, others went to do business etc
>>
>>27615999
>architecture
Well I've got bad news for those people: architecture is almost as much a pain in the ass as STEM, though it is a different kind of pain in the ass.
t. STEM-lord who had architecture-friends in undergrad
>>
>>27615999
This isn't really true; as long as you have an aptitude and study well it's fine. I fucking hate what I studied (EE) but I make the money now so it's not so bad. In a better world I would have studied Russian lit or semiotics but I wanted to be able to eat, so...
>>
What I don't get is why certain majors aren't considered STEM like Economics and Finance when they require just as much applied math as other STEM majors.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.