[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LIFE IS MEANINGLESS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: tumblr_njzqo5chl61rsxqqio5_500.jpg (49 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njzqo5chl61rsxqqio5_500.jpg
49 KB, 500x463
so i'm just having a hard time on avoiding the fact that life is meaningless and going on with it,
what did you do when you first realized this?
>>
>>27611928
keep on pressing forward laughing at all the stupid shit happening around me, wait out my existence for the end. i just do what i enjoy, live life how i want, do what i want to do, keeps me sane.
>>
>>27611928
I found Nietzsche satisfactory for a time.
I'm more lost now. The question just seems bunk.
>>
I used to think that life was pointless, but then I found 4chan!
>>
>>27612036
Fuck off chad

Of course this post isn't original
>>
>>27611928
>what did you do when you first realized this?
I stopped being 17 and went on with my life.
>>
>>27611928
You can only ignore it, delude yourself, or get lost in it. Any option is fine, but you can feel uncomfortable going any route so keep trying till you get it.
>>
File: kek_0.jpg (18 KB, 340x335) Image search: [Google]
kek_0.jpg
18 KB, 340x335
>>27612156
>it took him until 17
>>
srsly tho
i'm 19, guess the puberty and shit is gone long time, but not being able to forget or avoid thinking about it is driving fucking nuts, knowing that suicide is just as stupid
>>
File: life-sucks-drop-out.jpg (81 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
life-sucks-drop-out.jpg
81 KB, 750x1000
>>27611928
I'm still trying to work this out. Literally nothing feels like it's worth investing time or energy in. For two weeks now I've been lying in bed pretty much 24 hours a day, ignoring my phone and email entirely. Nothing brings me any kind of satisfaction or happiness and everyone else wants only to deceive, manipulate and exploit me. Why do anything?
>>
>>27611928
>WAAAHH WAAAH LIFE HAS NO DEEPER MEANING WAAAH
I swear to god we need to kill you fucking retards that seek out meanings for your existence like mindless animals.
>>
Stop
Go to netflix or some equivalent streaming site.
Look up "It's such a beuatiful day" by Don Hertzfeld.
Watch it
Kill yourself or get over yourself
Go on with your life
>>
fucking obnoxious pieces of shit saying like you know everything
i'm trully fine with my life having no meaning
but that just makes me think about it and losing energy to do whatever i liked doing not so long ago
>>
>>27612366
Do what makes you feel good
If you truely feel nothing, idk t b h man I'd probably just kill myself to see what's next. Otherwise I'd just spend time doing what makes me happy.
>>
i don't think it's about seeking out meaning, i think it's a realization that there's an absence of it and that in the long term, it all means nothing anyways

anyways, even if it had meaning, I'd still feel awful.
>>
>>27611928
>what did you do when you first realized this?
I went to bed and went to work in the morning.

pic related a nice quote from an Epicurean poet.
>>
File: 1433952454116.jpg (53 KB, 850x570) Image search: [Google]
1433952454116.jpg
53 KB, 850x570
>>27611928
i think the only helpful thing is also realizing how little you matter. trying to get a meaning for your life seems important when you think that you or your life is important.. this is probably some survival mechanism or problem solving ability of the mind. self importance in general is obviously a construct of the mind because logically we all know how insignificant and pointless we are.

my take is we're around from a random chemical process. whatever had survival traits ended up surviving. this lead to the mind.. a problem solving tool that helped us survive but also tortured us our whole lives. the mind develops these insane absurd concepts like "i am important" (whilst knowing 300,000+ people get born daily), "i have to do x" (whilst knowing our lives have no goal or purpose), or thinking doing anything at all is relevant whilst we're aware of our own deaths.

well.. i used to think buddhism was a load of shite with their mystic fantasies but now i think their "ego dissolution" concepts are just trying to shut off this hellish device thats developed in us. because FUCK the mind. if i didn't have these thoughts, or insane search for things that don't exist, i could at least just hang around, eat, chill, and die in peace.

so there you go.. zen concepts like realizing you aint shit, the mind is bullshit and a source of suffering, stop the mind..etc, all those concepts are my only "answer". right now you know the world is shit, but you suffer because you obviously think you are somehow important and that its a shame you don't have meaning in your life. well if you realize you aint shit either then needing meaning doesn't become a problem anymore.. its basically tldr; nothing matters, which includes you and your desires
>>
>>27612792
summed af but yeah,
it's trully not that hard to have those two notions, but i think i really need some time to try to forget about it to focus on doing something that really makes me feel good, since i trully know i aint worth shit and my existence leads nowhere
maybe what i feel is just some kind of disappointment because society in general feeds you bullshit since you're born
>>
Branded myself when in a blackout on alcohol and xanax that I don't even understand. Now I look like a self harmer and have to wait another 5-6 months for it to heal before I can get coverup tattoos.
>>
>>27612369
Searching for a meaning to our existence is precisely what separates us from animals retard.
>>
>>27612401
you seriously think baby's first existential animation is going to convince anyone of anything
>>
File: 1436954067918.jpg (86 KB, 446x595) Image search: [Google]
1436954067918.jpg
86 KB, 446x595
>>27612967
yeah id like to say something to help you cause i know this feel as fuck but only your own actions or realizations will do anything

i tried to distract myself and get happy but i knew it was just a distraction to me and truth meant more. so it didn't work and i had to look at things straight on until i really realized that the problem is the mind, and the mind is just a stupid tool that exists now, and things having no meaning is neither good nor bad. nothing is. thats dumb math equations the mind runs on things constantly. what math equations can you do on an endless sea when the sunset lights it up orange?

thats why the secret is to shut the mind off anyway you can. because theres no answer the mind can give you. its not meant for answers. its meant to make you dissatisfied so you work, its a slave driver. "observing the mind" is some shit meditation says which means there is something else.. a presence of us, which is way more peaceful than living in thought, judgement, meaning..

you can appreciate art and music without the mind. they just are. you have to live your life like that and get around the mind. thats my opinion tbqh

good luck anon
>>
File: 1456537452434.png (106 KB, 376x327) Image search: [Google]
1456537452434.png
106 KB, 376x327
Living is mildly more interesting than nonexistence so I figured why not.
>>
Not one answer recommending that op seek out the lord and savior Jesus Christ, the redeemer and forgiver of sins, giver of eternal life?
>>
>>27614292
Devoting himself to a waifu of his choosing would be superior advice.
>>
>>27614483
I consider myself agnostic but thats not wut i was gonna say
These past two and a half years it seems like i cant even find that, the only attraction i feel towards whoever is merely physical desire, no longer thinking endless days about this girl and how better my life would be if i was with her
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.