[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me some stories about how you got fired. I need to feel better.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 13
File: fired.jpg (95 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
fired.jpg
95 KB, 425x282
Tell me some stories about how you got fired. I need to feel better.
>>
Told my shit lord foreman that be was an idiot and only got his job because he was the son of someone in corporate. Everyone else applauded me. Still got canned tho
>>
I mistakenly made a misleading implication error in a news story that went online yesterday. I might get fired tomorrow but I really hope they spare me.
>>
>got call from job I applied to like a month earlier while at work
>listen to the voicemail they sent me letting me know when I'm starting
>go let my boss know I have to only work weekends now
>congratulates me wholeheartedly like I was his son or something, kind of freaks me out
>go back out to floor, give them a call back letting them know I'll be there
>boss comes out in the two minutes i'm doing this
>tells me to go home and never come back
>I go get my stuff and say goodbye, pretending I didn't hear the "don't come back part"
>passive-agressively wishes me well in life

all in all couldn't care less because I'm making 40% more now and I have a cozy cubicle vs a community "desk"

Also this is after they attempted to lay me off without actually doing it so that they didn't have to pay unemployment. Such a weird company lol
>>
>>27611419
>Be a cart pusher
>Had 2 prior fuck ups
>Didn't know I was supposed to work on Saturday ans my dickhead boss didn't call me even though he would call everyone else if they were late
>Show up next day and see little note on punch timer to speak to him
>Talk to boss and he fires me
>I begin to cry as I'm leaving his office
>Co worker sees me and I feel ashamed
>Never go back to store after
>>
>ahm uhm anon
>we dont need you anymore
>very sorry

then the fucker proceeded to steal 3days worth of money from me because i was stupid enough not to thoroughly examine my exit papers
>>
>Apply for job out of state job online, remote work, 15 dollars an hour, almost twice my wage now
>Riding home with friend after picking up some weed
>Telemarketer calls me and asks "Is anon there?"
>NO ANON IS DEAD
>Hang up
>Think for second
>Holy shit that was the job calling me oh god no fuck shit it just fucking sucks
>>
>>27612141
Nother story,
>Get job
>Remember I'm supposed to come in on my first day but the day I remembered is wrong so I got fired before I could even work

Another one
>Get job at subway
>Starting next week
>In /r9k/ thread, as I'm making a post about working at subway I get a call
>"Anon, remember when we asked that you have your social security card when we saw you for your first day?"
>(what had happened is they had a mixup and asked me to come in when I wasn't supposed to so it was my "first day" but I didn't get paid or anything
>Yeah
>You're fired

Get job at 7/11
>Only ever work for 2 hours training
>Boss never gives me any hours
>Literally have been working there for 3-4 months and I have had 2 hours
>If I call my boss right now he'll tell me some excuse as to why there's no schedule yet

At least I'm not technically unemployed. Is the job market different or am I the biggest fuck up in the world?
>>
>>27611982
Go work for Fox News, they do that all the time
>>
im union. i can only lose my job if i do something heinous, not show up to work, or the company folds which will never happen because its a too big to fail corp
>>
File: hurts a little bit.jpg (198 KB, 788x715) Image search: [Google]
hurts a little bit.jpg
198 KB, 788x715
>work in an office
>very competent at my job
>coworkers ask me if I want to go for drinks after work
>say no
>vapid whores that work there try to talk to me at lunch
>I just keep to myself
>fired for not being a good fit with the "corporate culture"
>>
>>27612291
Upboat!
What's your favortie subbreddit chum?
The narwhal midnight bacons XD
>>
>>27612222
Obviously your "boss" is just telling you to quit by not scheduling you, it's a common tactic to get rid of someone without them having to justify firing somebody
>>
>>27611419
I just didn't justify my absences and got fired
I didn't gave much of a shit but I got my last bit of cash from being fired and shit.
>>
File: 1452704835540.jpg (66 KB, 711x711) Image search: [Google]
1452704835540.jpg
66 KB, 711x711
>>27611419
Worked construction. Got my bosses truck stuck and fucked up the engine trying to get it unstuck. Still have to work 3 days this summer to finish paying off the repairs
>>
>>27612377
People fucking disgust me to no end
>>
>>27611419

This is more a story of how I quit, rather than fired, but here it goes

>be 20, living with family, had a nice job for a year saving up monies
>family is moving to a new city, have to move with them
>inform my boss that I'm moving and won't be able to continue my employment
>he just gives me this really weird, shit-eating grin and says "alright, no problem man. just make sure to clean out your desk and take any personal belongings"
>clean out my desk, say goodbye to co-workers
>boss comes out with his laptop and some speakers
>starting to feel nervous
>Let It Go from Frozen starts playing
>we all kek

everything went better than expected.jpg
>>
>>27611419
Never fired, but I was about to be, so I literally just stopped showing up. I had good references from previous positions, so I was fully able to.

That Friday, I acted like nothing was wrong. I gave my usual "have a good weekend" and "see you Monday." Monday came, turned off my phone, and just relaxed. Same thing that Tuesday and Wednesday until they stopped calling/e-mailing.

Three weeks later, I got a new job elsewhere using my good references.

I feel bad in hindsight, but I just was too beta to tell my boss that I was quitting, so I did it the way I had to.
>>
>>27612377
Should've just faked normie tbqh

Hang out with them a couple times to make it seem like you like them, then just give excuses as to why you can't for the rest of the time and boom, problem solved.

Why wouldn't you just go along with it if you bad found a job you like? Why try to actively not get involved with being "friends" with the people you have to spend 40 hours a week around?
>>
>>27611419
>Service manager and Foreman are 650km away from my area of responsibility
>My personal area of responsibility is 1.6 million square kilometers
>Constantly arguing with foreman over stupid non-issues
>Foreman tries to micromanage me
>"Anon I have been doing this for 11 years blah blah blah respect me"
>Foreman is less qualified than I am
>Have to submit paper work daily via email for pointless shit
>Have no idea where I will be week after week
>Constantly get told I have 12 or less hours to be on a plane to go work away from home for a week
>One day I worked from 4:30am to 11:45pm with 3 breaks of around 20 minutes each
>Get email/called every hour and half hour asking for "a update"
>Ignore most of the calls and emails
Then
>One day have retarded argument with foreman about literally nothing
>Service manager calls me and tells me to come to the my divisions head office
>"Yeah be here tomorrow for 1pm. I want to sort out whatever is going on between you two"
>Its 4pm and its a 7 hour drive
>Type out resignation letter
>Drive 7 hours next morning
>Have argument with foreman
>Go hand resignation letter to service manager
>"Oh my god anon! We can sort this out"
>No. I have accepted a different opportunity elsewhere. 3 weeks of notice is fair
>"Ok well I accept your resignation. Hand in your CC, Fuel card, laptop, iPhone and service truck keys"
>"Your fired"
>>
I will probably get fired sooner or later because I can't stop being a smartass, even to my superiors (white collar good back-office job here). I'm starting to realize that while fun I'm going to suffer from it sooner or later. How do I keep my autism in check?
>>
Got a job as a phone jockey at some shitty call centre for some new contract they landed, turned out to be stupid online game thing and it was to provide outsourced tech/billing support.

Quickly become known in the office for being the go to guy when you have a problem you can't resolve or a customer who wouldn't listen to reason.

Get promoted to team leader after a couple of months and get to handpick my own team of coaches.

Rewrite all training documentation and start helping out gathering project related data which meant I started having contact with the client who paid the bills.

Client would come over from the USA every few months and while he was here I'd take him out to titty bars and stuff and have a great time.

Client asks for me personally to be appointed as worldwide head of support for the product which meant the company got extra departments to handle and I got to oversee the whole show, got a fat pay rise, everything was fucking groovy.

Client emails me one day about some support figures and implied he thought the numbers were bullshit and if they were the company who I worked for could be in serious trouble.

I knew the data wasn't right but we'd been told from day 1 when I started working with the project data that it was to be massaged a little.

I was promised that in exchange for giving them information about that they would give me a job working directly for them instead of the outsource firm and get to head up a new office that was opening and loads of perks and shit.

I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

When it all came out and things got tense in the office I was dragged to HR in the middle of the afternoon and confronted and informed that they knew and could pretty much prove it was me who leaked real support figures and to get my shit and get out of the building.

Messaged the client, he told me that because I got fired, them hiring me could cause tension with the call centre so they couldn't hire me.
>>
>be alcoholic
>work at old folks home as waitstaff
>be hammered every day.
>I'm scheduled to work at 9am, and I'm still awake at 7am.
>call receptionist to call in.
>she talks to my boss who says "don't come in, ever again." Or something along those lines.
>I forget this, because, alcohol
>come into work fully dressed a couple days later (as scheduled)
>walk into morning kitchen meeting
>entire waitstaff is there
>they awkwardly look away
>boss says "what are you doing?"
>"working, what do you mean?"
>"I fired you"
>oh yeah.jpg
>>
>>27612377
You can get sacked for not talking to your co-workers?
>>
>>27612222
Lol you can use 7/11 as a reference at least.
>>
>>27612807
Not that guy, but being social in the workplace is more important than being competent in your job. If you don't talk and gossip, expect to be fired.
>>
>>27612807
You can get sacked for pretty much anything except being a minority or a woman.
>>
>>27612807
Working in an office is horrible

Some retard who you've barely interacted with at all (or maybe not at all period) could consider you their hated rival or mortal enemy for seemingly no reason, anything you say to anyone can be perceived as a slight, and people can and will go to your boss and tell outright lies about you
>>
>>27612222
dude what the fuck

my boss is doiing the same shit to me and it makes no sense. he hired me before new year and told me im going to get a lot of hours.

i only work 4 hours a week. what the fuck.
>>
>>27612988
do managers really take kindly to workplace gossip/passing the buck? In my experience, owning a screwup and taking the heat goes a long way in management's eyes.
>>
>>27613044
It depends on the manager, but the most important thing is for a manager to like you.
>>
>>27612807
There is literally no place in this world autists are welcome. Except 4chan.
>>
I got a job on a comic book store, selling figures and stuff. And a guy came and asked me for the prince of an Iron Man figure and i said "Oh? That little toy?" and he got super mad.

After that they fired me. It was pretty dumb.
>>
>>27613044
I mean they like personal responsibility as well, but you have to be social. It's not like you can just go sit at a desk 8 hours a day, do your work and not say anything.

Hell, I go in every day and try my best to gossip about bullshit and even then I'm still considered quiet (although not at a level that I'd be fired for).
>>
File: suicide_3.jpg (97 KB, 694x448) Image search: [Google]
suicide_3.jpg
97 KB, 694x448
>>27611419

>>27611419

>family friend gets me IT internship at company she works for in hr
>I just graduated and its like twenty minutes from my house and its paid
>says it will lead to full time higher paid job
>boss is the sole IT for the place its a small place
>they're expanding and growing
>IT boss is mexican hard to understand
>go into work make some mistakes
>like he'd make me unplug a computer point at one I unplugged the wrong one just put it back took out the right one
>one time take printer out of box, says it has a "machine failure"
>tell him he looks at it
>few days later going about my day
>maintenance guy asks for my key to server room
>thought that was weird
>I had been here about three weeks, maybe a month
>go to see hr person and my boss
>they tell me I"m fired
>don't have the right kind of experience for this job
>I shake the hands of both of them
>hr woman walks me out
>get in my car and cry the whole way home

It was about two years ago, very crushing. Since then I have had two shit service desk jobs. It really was my biggest chance to make it good in IT and now I'm stuck working in a fucking service desk, at least the pay is decent.
>>
>>27611419
I got kicked out of a housing program for young adults and became homeless. I kept showing up for a couple weeks even while living on the streets but eventually I stopped showing up because started getting no pulled into drugs and it was hard to get my clothes washed all the time

So I basically quit without telling them but technically I got fired. It sucks because that was the only job I had and the only reference I could use

Hope my shitty life makes you feel better OP :D
>>
>tfw never been fired from a job
>>
>>27612895

this is kinda true when I got fired >>27613212
I asked the person who got me the job basically she said be more social. I would eat lunch alone and read or something.
>>
>>27613239
It kind of does. Thank you buddy. God speed.
>>
>Start working at a new job on Monday
>Show up to work that Friday
>No one is in the office
>No idea where any of my managers are
>No one to talk to, my office is locked, no work to do
>Get in my car, call my HR rep to see what's happening
>She asks me if I left the building
>"Yes I'm in my car"
>Sorry but that's not okay and we are going to have to let you go.

I wish I was fucking kidding. I was so mad.
>>
>>27612681

so basically never work hard especially in a call center environment
>>
>>27613212

Story stopped making sense about halfway through, full of non-sequiturs, do you have schizophrenia?
>>
>>27613346
No, working hard wasn't the issue, it was my own inability to stay loyal to my scumbag company and for believing the client and his bullshit
>>
>>27612084
>I begin to cry
fucking faggot
>>
>>27613451

yeah I learned quick just working in the "real world" for over a year to never consider anyone your friend, everyone is out to fuck you over just to get even slightly ahead of you
>>
>>27612222
you are retarded and ppl exploit your stupidity

>dude weed lmao

grow up
>>
>>27613307
>we really need to get rid of anon, so everyone make sure to hide really well on friday and hope he leaves the building in confusion
>>
>>27613212
they probably planned/expected to expand and then it wouldn't go through and they probably needed to reduce workforce instead anon

its not normal to fire interns when they make minor mistakes, or you just lacked the proper IT education they expected you to have (shit like server software and stuff). otherwise it was probably just some guy who didn't like you
>>
>>27613518
Not him, but it's not easy losing a job. Have a heart and some empathy.
>>
>>27613307

that sounds really really scammy I think you were apart of some scam job
>>
>>27613620
>r9k
gtfo, faggot
>>
>>27613704
>>27613704
>on r9k we are women hating bullies >:D haha get out of here moralfags!

r9k was never full of edgy faggots like yourself kiddo

we used to support each other here and create oc

just end yourself kiddo
>>
>>27613737
lel fuck off cuck
>>
>>27613704
theres no need for hostility

were all in this together

and yeah, maybe trying to be nice and positive on a website like r9k is futile, but that doesnt mean we shouldnt try
>>
>>27612377
Similar firing happened to me.

>Stacy boss and her fat friend co-workers force me to walk with them to a park for lunch
>We're gone for like 2 hours when my lunch is 30 minutes, so I'm even more nervous than usual
>They talk about normie music and bars and shit that I know nothing about, and then mock me about it
>Few days later, they ask me to go with them again for some reason
>'No thanks, I gotta finish this'
>Walk into work tomorrow, one of the fat co-workers oddly asks 'Do you like us?'
>Get called to big boss, I have a 'bad attitude', etc... despite being lauded for my work and being grossly overqualified

I would give anything to just be alone. Wageslaving alone, fine. Just FUCK PEOPLE.
>>
File: 1459003758210.jpg (354 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459003758210.jpg
354 KB, 1440x1080
>got a job at chipolte
>work there for 3 months
>place really hammers in the "team effort" bullshit every chance they get
>notice how horribly slow the entire line was so I started giving everyone little tiny tips and help whenever they need it
>store productivity goes though the roof whenever I'm there and the normal "40 minute wait" gets cut down to less than half
>manager wants to talk with me one day
>mentions how "I'm being a leader when I was hired to be a team player" and "how the other team players don't like when a second leader steps up that isn't the manager"
>"so we're gonna have to let you go"

in other words I got fired because not only was I making everyone else look like lazy sacks of shit(which they were). I was also making my manager look lazy as fuck(which he was) and the owner was taking a huge notice to me.
>>
File: frog meme gun.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
frog meme gun.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>>27611419
>worked 9 years at the same wagecuck shitfood place
>place is sold to new jewy owners
>miss one shift that I forgot about because my grandmother passed away
>guy who worked the shift was more than okay to work by himself as it was a Sunday afternoon
>owners put me on indefinite probation for that
>"we'll call you later"
>that was two years ago

I haven't had the confidence to look for a new job since.
>>
>>27613898
Did you talk to corporate or the actual owner?
>>
>>27611419
>be me working at a gas station
>have bipolar disorder and am not on meds
>be running the store by myself and decide to lock the doors
>there's a subway in my store with one female employee
>gets pissed that i locked doors
>customers banging on door trying to get in
>i go to the cooler and grab an ice cream sandwich
>turn overhead tv on to cartoons and proceede to sit on top of the counter next to the register eating my frozen treat
>it starts to snow and customers stop rolling in, my boss has called my cell about 30 times now
>subway girl pissed but i keep doors locked
>decide i better go home early because of the snow
>unlock doors and leave store unattended.
>and then my boss fired me and the subway chick the next day
>>
>>27613346
No, don't fucking spy on your own company, and if you're into shady shit, shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>27613617

yeah it was it was the guy I was working under. Only IT person there, and you know what? I've seen that job pop up on postings a few times already. I forgot to mention this, but apparently I broke something expensive. That's why they fired me really. They just didn't tell me. I think what happened is the printer that came up machine failure out of the box my boss took that opportunity and used it as a reason to justify firing me. That's what I think happened. Otherwise I would have noticed if I broke something I am pretty sure.
>>
File: 1443073359428.jpg (68 KB, 516x417) Image search: [Google]
1443073359428.jpg
68 KB, 516x417
>>27611419
>wagecucking at Zaxby's for 8.25 and hour
>city infrastructure is built around owning a vehicle, too poor to use anything but a bus to get to work
>on a particularly rainy day in May I decide that I just can't do it today
>call in a shitty excuse as to why I'm not on work on time or something and enjoy the rainy day
>go in the next day and change into my uniform, get called into the lobby by my boss as I'm about to walk behind the counter
>get fired in the middle of the lobby, ask him to reconsider then decide I'm too good to beg to be a wagecuck and walk away mid conversation
>skate around town for 2 weeks until I get a call back from my local gas station
>pass the interviews and go on to make 11.50 an hour for making change all day
>mfw
>>
>>27613955
Why would he? It's food service, who gives a fuck?
>>
>>27613955
I did, but the entire way chipolte is set up is so fucked up that I don't understand how they've managed to become bigger than a single store. its all built around "teamwork" so much so that its pretty much its own level of bro-code. And there is this fucked up rule that says if all the "team members" have a problem with a specific person they can take it up with the manager and the person gets fired, no questions asked.
>>
>>27613962
I know bipolar people and you sound flat-out autistic if not borderline retarded
>>
>>27611419

>have mental breakdown in psychiatrists office
>get sent to psych ward for 2 days
>can't find someone to cover my shifts
>first text I get when I get out of the hospital is my manager firing me
>>
File: 1456970034891.jpg (122 KB, 599x707) Image search: [Google]
1456970034891.jpg
122 KB, 599x707
>>27611419
>worked night time as cleaner
>didn't meet employees, barely talked to boss
>filled in sheets on my hours, paycheck arrives at end of month
>boss who owns the place is rather nice, a little sexual harassementish, but nice
>gets injured, hires new manager of the place
>I continue cleaning my regular hours, call her to get appointment to discuss job with her
>she can't set a date because "busy"
>i continue working while trying to contact her regularly
>always busy, won't answer half the time
>this continues for a month
>paycheck doesn't arrive
>try to call boss, she won't answer, has happened before so i continue cleaning
>another month goes, no paycheck either
>call again
>she answers, tells me she hired other cleaners (on other days than me) over a month ago
>i wasn't hired so she won't pay me
>never told me i was fired
>refused to talk to me
>had to complain for days, threatened with reporting it, she suddenly folds, offers to give me half of what i worked for
>im tired and just say yes

pretty shit story, i know, all i have
>>
>start working at dominos last october
>everything goes ok as i slowly learn how to work in the make line and adjust in the job
>only work for 2 weeks as part of training but still get paid
>manager stops calling me to come
wtf happened? i was doing fine. why did my manager stop calling me? ;_;
>>
>>27614392

holy shit only two days and you're fired, that's tough
>>
>>27614453

didn't like you managers are like that
>>
>>27614453
2 weeks is the usual "feeling out" period for new employees

>slowly learn
>doing fine

obviously they were expecting more and it's no big deal senpai, 2 weeks is nothing, look at the other people who worked at the same place for years and got shit-canned.
>>
>>27613962
>have bipolar disorder and on meds but in the middle of extremely stressful exposure therapy
>have to do some fucked up shit every single day as part of my treatment
>want to fucking die afterwards, completely useless at work
>have been taken aside twice now and asked what my managers can do to "motivate" me
>certain I'm going to get fired if this keeps up
>desperate to improve my mental health
>but if I get fired I'll have even bigger problems
I want to fucking die
are you working anywhere else now?
>>
>>27614500
>>27614516
it really bummed me out because it was my first job that gave me money, i got payed though ~$175
>>
>>27613648
It was for a manufacturing company that has been in my area for over 100 years. I'm not sure but who knows.

>>27613594
I'm a qt girl and everyone was really nice to me, I have no idea what happened.
>>
>>27614546
it's your first job, everyone gets fired from their first job or their quit. It's like your first gf or practice gf,you would want to stay with it for the rest of your life
>>
>>27614634
i haven't worked since i got fired from that job
>>
>>27611419
The one that should have been a warning that maybe I wasn't cut out for that kind of work.

>2006
>Get contract position working level 1 service desk for a bank
>First proper service desk job and first job of any kind for a year and a half
>Get assigned to corporate section meaning I deal with head office sites and the big cheeses.
>Training goes well and I seem to settle in OK
>RAG stats aren't too bad but my soft skills need work
>Don't feel like anything is majorly wrong
>Have 2 line managers due to job share
>One is easygoing, the other is a bit of a hardarse
>Something is mentioned in passing about my customer service but I don't pick up on it
>One day I see Ms Hardarse and the agency rep walking into an office.
>As I enter the lift she gives me this look which puzzled me
>Head back up to the breakout area to eat my lunch
>Go back to my desk
>Rep is waiting for me
>"Anon do you mind stepping into this booth for a moment"
>Uh oh
>"It's not working out, please collect your stuff and leave immediately"
>Don't say goodbye to co-workers, too embarrassed
>Go home, bro is there, asks why I'm home early
>Mum comes home, tell her I got fired, she is a bit upset, asks me why, tell her I don't know the specifics

My mum later phoned the agency for an explanation, apparently I pissed off a bigshot which was the straw that broke the camel's back on top of my mediocre performance.
>>
>>27614701
why not? when did that happen?
>>
>>27612638
You gotta play the politics game. Find out who likes you/won't throw you under a bus and stay on the right side of them.
>>
>>27614822
last late october to early novenmber
>>
>>27612681
Similar thing happened to me when I worked for the dodgiest outsourcer ever, basically we had to lie to our main client constantly.
Eventually they found out and dropped us, was a weird day when the phones just stopped ringing.
>>
File: 1459728351426.webm (204 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1459728351426.webm
204 KB, 640x360
>>27614796
>My mum later phoned the agency for an explanation
>>
>>27612377
We have 3 guys like you in our office, they are all considered weirdos and are generally avoided.
>>
I once got fired for smoking weed on my break
>>
>be me a couple years ago
>get shitty grocery store cashier job
>it's spring
>seasonal allergies are at full throttle
>customer comes up to me
>start bagging his items
>feel a sneeze coming on
>try to cover face
>too slow
>sneeze directly in his face
>fired that afternoon
>>
>>27615005
Do you have any women like that, and are they similarly avoided?
>>
>>27614979
She wasn't happy that I didn't want to find out for myself, but I was too depressed to give a fuck.
>>
>>27615141
No they are all men.
It's an IT department so women are the minority to the point where they remodelled the toilets in the main office and the ladies' got reclassified to another gents' afterwards.
>>
got fired for 'sexual harassment' when i thought i was being friendly

>all i said was 'you know what they say about guys with big feet' to my co-worker, i also used to jerk off at my desk but that's irrelevant
>>
I work at Best Buy and its almost impossible to get fired from here unless you completely fuck up on the scale of a grand or more.
>>
File: 0492924689.gif (2 MB, 485x291) Image search: [Google]
0492924689.gif
2 MB, 485x291
>slowly stop giving a fuck at work
>know I'm going to get fired in a week or two when the current project ends and they lay a bunch of people off
>just don't go in to work one day, instead go into forest with gun to kill myself
>pussy out
>NEET it up for a year
>still depressed but in school now
>>
>>27611419
I've only ever had one job, pham. been there since 2008. no story, sorry.
>>
File: 1459703031246.jpg (87 KB, 737x356) Image search: [Google]
1459703031246.jpg
87 KB, 737x356
>>27614979
>got injured mid training while in army basic training
>missed out on mandatory PT sessions
>they couldn't approve me for service due to regulations
>sent a text to my mom that I wasn't approved
>didn't answer her phone call since I was to tired to talk and wanted to take all the questions when I got home instead
>she calls the base, manages to get the phone number to the training division and redirected to my platoon commander for an explanation instead of waiting three hours for my flight to arrive back home

and the worst part?

I talked about how psycho my mom was with my platoon commander since she didn't buy groceries after I left for training and left my little brother starving and that it was causing me stress, and that one call made her look like a caring mother and me like some manipulating asshole.

fml
>>
>>27614796
And this one is probably the greatest story of how to avoid being fired due to sheer dumb luck. Technically this was a resignation but there are valid points for both sides.

>2009
>Get offered an outsourced call centre position. General customer services this time
>Accept because bored of being a poor NEET, figure I'll be there 6 months tops.
>Training goes well, hit the floor, still going well, pass probation
>Eventually the boredom sets in, soft skills start to slip
>Get verbal warning from line manager
>Continue as before, always people moaning about their bill being wrong or being too deadbeat to pay on time
>On crappy 10am-8pm shift so no social life
>Get first written warning

>Mid-2010
>Get trained to take tech support calls
>Finally something to break the monotony
>Have not been looking for another job due to shitty hours
>Goes well but have to follow a script
>Since I have an actual brain, sometime skip the script
>Even though I fix the customers problems, get pulled up for not following the script
>Final written warning
>No fucks given by this point

Now by this time most people would reckon a firing is imminent, right?

Well...
>>
Still at my first job, Hate it so much, My boss is a fucking asshole whose worked there for 32 years and cucked 2 guys by fucking their wives and he still keeps his job because he's the nephew of the owner.
He's a fucking bully to me and anyone, if someone makes any form of mistake he has to shout it out so everyone hears so he seems big, he likes to laugh in your face while making fun of you, he's a hick and smells like shit with dirty hands, he works fast without thinking and messes up my shit when hes trying to intimidate me and If i tell him he messes up he gets mad at me and calls me into a meeting for 45 telling me I'm wasting his time.

I want to kill myself, I DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO LOOK FOR A JOB, FUCK THIS JOB I WISH I WERE FIRED BUT IM ALSO RELATED TO THE OWNER
>>
These stories aside for the guy who fapped during his break are the reason America needs a communist uprising. The shit these "job creators" get away with is unbelievable
>>
>>27615483

So get revenge anon, fucking slash his tires or draw dicks on his car with a can of spray paint.

Fucking make his life hell.
>>
>>27615594

Better yet, put bernie and communist bumper stickers on his car, it's the worst kind of insult to a hick.

Shit would be hilarious
>>
>>27615681

Or put a "I HATE NIGGERS" bumper sticker on his car.

He is sure to be beat up on the street by a pack of coons then.
>>
>>27615451
>Late-2010
>Everyone called into a big group for an important meeting, union reps* there and everything.
>Most of us reckon the client is dropping us and we're being reassigned/fired
>We're actually being taken by the client to work directly for them in their new office opening in the city
>Transfer to the client direct
>It's like a brand new job so all slates are wiped clean
>Also get to move to regular day shift 8-4. Don't mind losing 3rd day off for normal hours
>Feel reinvigorated a bit and actually perform better for the first month or so
>But then reality kicks in and I realise I'm still doing the same shitty job
>Get verbal warning
>Actually start looking for new jobs since I work normal hours now
>Get extra coaching and stuff
>Still don't improve
>First written warning

To be concluded...
>>
>>27615838
>May 2012
>By this time I'm totally fed up with the call centre and clockwatch all through my shifts
>Don't give a fuck and am on a final written warning again
>After months of fruitless searching, the perfect job appears
>IT service desk but level 2 this time
>Even though my current job hasn't been strictly IT reckon I still have a good chance
>Put in application
>Get interview
>Go all out with interview prep like it's a fight for my life or something
>Have interview, do well, everyone seems happy
>Get offered the job the next day by phone, accept
>As it's my day off, immediately compose resignation letter and send details through to HR of new company
>Now the waiting game begins
>If I had any fucks left for my soon-to-be-ex job, they've gone
>Still waiting for written confirmation
>One day some new guy is here
>Get pulled off the phones to do call monitoring with him
>"Shit shit shit"
>That day I've made 2 big mistakes on calls that would get a write-up
>Hoping he doesn't pick one of those
>He picks the second worst one
>Warns me to up my game
>He picks the big fuckup
>Meeting is over
>Get pulled into office with my manager
>Suspended from phone duty pending final disciplinary
>Days are spent listening to other people take calls
>FINALLY new job confirmation arrives
>Print out resignation letter
>Ironically the next day is the evidence gathering for my upcoming disciplinary
>Hand in resignation letter
>Go to meeting with other boss to take my statement
>Decline to give one because there's no point continuing disciplinary process since I'm leaving anyway
>Get put on gardening leave for the remainder of my notice period.

Still can't believe I managed 2.5 years in that job between outsource and direct for the client.

I'm still working for the company I moved to in a higher position.
I still get the shitty customers, but at least if they get funny I can complain to their line manager rather than sit there and fling niceties like I had to with the public.
>>
kind of

>went to community college and worked at a t-shirt logo place
>i would pluck the rubber then someone would put the tshirt and rubber on the shirt
>did that for a while
>get a better job
>tell my boss that i'm quitting
>he tells me ok tell the owner
>walk up the stairs
>tell him that i'm quitting
>ok have a good day
>he emailed every manager that i was fired
>get downstairs
>manager tells me that "fired"
>just laugh it off

the place was messed up, i got my half hour break alone while all the young people had their break together. the boss had two sons who worked there, all of them were assholes.
>>
>IT Job, getting paid 11 an hour
>Move to another state to take care of my mother, travel time gets an hour longer and more expensive.
>Start to miss days and working remotely making up shit excuses
>Do this for months instead of just quitting
>They finally fire me and give me some cash on top of my last paycheck
>Get called for another job within walking distance that pays 25/h.
>>
>starting first year of uni
>no job or money
>classes start in just over a month
>sister gets me an interview with her friend who does hiring for mcdonalds
>super shitty fast food, but its better than nothing
>pass interview, "you'll probably be a manager in no time!" and "we'll work around your school schedule" bullshit
>train for a week at smaller McD's, surprisingly don't hate it, other employees were chill as fuck and made it fun
>after training, move to actual location where I will work
>twice as big and way busier, I'm literally one of two white people working there
>put me up front on the register usually, because I actually speak english
>doing well for first week there but hate it anyway
>"anon you need to smile more" etc
>get class schedule and hand it over so they know when I can't work
>one day I'm working register, they have one of the hispanics come up and work my register for ~30 minutes while I do something else
>not supposed to have others work your register, you're responsible for counting cash and shit
>next day get shit because 10 bucks was missing from my till
>gee I wonder who did that
>few days later get work schedule
>they've scheduled me literally every time I'm supposed to be in class
>talk to manager, maybe they read my schedule wrong
>nope they expect me to be at work
>explain to them that I can't miss my whole first week
>nonsensical bullshit ensews, don't show up on my first day of class
>call me and they wonder why I'm not there
>>
>>27613898
I got hired at chipotle a few years ago but I only worked one day.

I live in the desert so most days are sunny and hot but my first day starting was just a freak weather day being super windy and raining but it'll be an easy day since no one will want to leave their house and I'm inside anyway.

They decide "Hey this is a great chance to teach you car side to-go." They make me stand outside in what's pretty much a lemonade stand type of booth and wait for people to pull up in their cars and take their orders there then I have to go inside and ring up the order there. I didn't have a jacket so they give me some ratty old jacket someone left in the office otherwise I was gonna freeze outside. I think only like five people even did the togo order. After doing that for most of the shift they bring me inside to mop front of the house and just as I finished they asked me if I knew how to clean out toilets. I told them no I've never done that before so they just let me go home because I sure as fuck didn't want do anything else with them.

Next day I come in and bring in their hat and tshirts. I looked for the manager but couldn't find him so I just told the cashier to let him know that yesterday was my first and last day.
>>
I've had three jobs and have never been fired.

Just don't be shit.
>>
>>27612222
>>27613010
Are yall retarded? They do that to get you to quit so they don't have to fire you and you can't claim unemployment.

You're literally unemployed right now. We did this to someone a couple of weeks ago. She was some 40 year old lazy cook who couldn't get orders right so we started scheduling her for a couple hours a week and she eventually stopped coming.
>>
>>27612084
>>Didn't know I was supposed to work on Saturday ans my dickhead boss didn't call me even though he would call everyone else if they were late

People like you piss me off to no end. That's totally your fault. How hard is it to fucking check your shifts?
>>
>>27611419
I'm slowly being laid off my job, I went from working 5 days a week to 3. When I confront my manager about it he's a faggot about it and gives me indirect answers. I'm only working 15 hours now and they're hiring too many people. Either they're laying me off so I will quit or they expect to hire a bunch of people for short shifts, expecting this to work.

Is there anything I can do? Call corporate maybe?
>>
I would be fired right now, but I think my boss wants my dick.
She's very Jewish and very strange.
Everyone hates me desu
>>
>>27616847

>summer of 2013
>just turned 20
>apply at mcdonalds
>have social anxiety so it's hard for me.
>Get trained for 1 week and work for another
>last day is probably the worst day of my life
>Nasty as fuck customers
>I wasn't as good at the computer system yet so some guy who obviously had a bad day comes up and asks me to change my order.
>it was closing time and the drive through line was packed and the fat ass white trash manager was taking forever in switching me out.
>Guy comes up to the window and tells me I'm a lousy clerk.
>go home that day and tell my parents i'm not going back to work
>screaming fight
>Mom finally gives in and lets me quit and calls my boss and quits for me

I'm still embarrassed about it but i hate working with white trash and nasty ass customers who take it out on the drive through employees.
>>
File: 1447446001643.jpg (34 KB, 500x512) Image search: [Google]
1447446001643.jpg
34 KB, 500x512
>>27611419
>Worked in a bank
>No english here, I was guy behind the desk, don't know how you call that
>Quit a wageslave job in a shitty fast food for this btw
>3 months trial
>Bank was in shitty town, with shitty customers
>Everyday some new shit out of nowhere, rude customers etc...
>Even had to call the cops once
>Worked with women, divorced 40 something, always angry
>My boss was behind my back more and more
>Get fired the first day of work of 2016, because I wasn't fully trained (had like 2 days and then alone by myself)

Unemployed since January
>>
>>27617105
whoa I thought I was pathetic for making my dad quit my ice cream parlor job for me at 16. you are a fucking wuss.
>>
>>27617921
I know, anon. I know

But last summer I got a job at a BBQ restaraunt and that went pretty well. I'm probably going to work there this summer, too.
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.