[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Contacts or glasses?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
Contacts or glasses?
>>
Glasses are more practical.
>>
people have said I look better without my contacts on but I prefer wearing glasses
>>
How about neither? 20/20 fag here
>>
I use glasses because I'm almost blind and poor
>>
>>27605861
I wear contacts whenever I go outside because glasses make most men look even more beta
>>
>>27605861
I have and wear both. You have to get glasses that work for you. I get complimented on mine a lot. Older women tell me I remind them of Clark Kent from the 80s movie.
>>
Just have both. Glasses don't always look good and they bother the bridge of my nose after a while. Contacts are nice, and they've made some great advances in that area in recent years but you may get some dry eyes and they require a bit of maintenance. Your best bet is use whichever you prefer at the time, but I primarily use contacts. If I had to choose one or the other, contacts in a heartbeat.
>>
Just get Lasick
>>
>>27605861
Non shit eyes desu
>>
>>27605861
Glasses. Id rather look like a nerd fuccboi than scratch my eyes every morning and evening
>>
>>27606034
>glasses make most men look even more beta
Yeah that's my problem with them. And they hide prominent facial features like cheek bones and such
>>
>he doesnt have both
check this retard out lmao
>>
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxNzcxOTg3NDY5.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxNzcxOTg3NDY5.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
Glasses are for normies "hurr glasses will me me look like a nerd" or whatever shit, who fucking cares. Also contacts are a hassle and more expensive, and I wouldn't be putting plastic shit right on my eyes every day.
>>
Laser eye surgery
>>
>>27606071
My gf's mom calls me Clark Kent/superman all the time too. Feels good
>>
>>27606273
Whoops, obviously I meant contacts were for normies, trading convenience because you're worried what people will think about what you look like THAT'S beta
>>
>>27606273
>who fucking cares

People who have sex care, faggot
>>
>>27606369
What are you even doing on this board fucking retard, fuck off.
>>
>>27606395
Nah lol I'm good
>>
>>27605861
The people who complain about contacts probably either have never used them or need to switch brands. Glasses make imprints in my nose bridge, slide down all the time, can smudge/get scratched, and irritate the skin around my eyes. How are contacts in any way less convenient?
>>
Contacts for outside wear when you want to look more normie
Glasses for home wear/casualwear since they are typically stronger and less of a hassle

Make sure you throw your contacts away as necessary if they are disposable or they'll hurt like a cunt. If you can only afford one or the other get glasses
no transition lenses, they don't work when you need them and they make you look autistic
>>
Contacts every day.
>more comfortable, doesn't fall, get steamy or wet by rain or hurt my nose
>I look more like a normal human being
>is actually cheaper than my old glasses
>>
>>27606674
What kind of contacts do you get
>>
File: american-psycho.jpg (24 KB, 586x330) Image search: [Google]
american-psycho.jpg
24 KB, 586x330
>>27605861
Contacts are such a fucking pain in the ass, it's just another stupid thing to try to keep track of. Glasses are much simpler and can double as a fashion accessory.

I like my glasses, my nose is way too big without them anyway.
>>
>>27607442
Do they ever bother your face though or feel uncomfortable after you've been wearing them for a long time? Maybe mine just aren't fitted properly, but I feel like glasses start to chafe after a time. That's usually when I switch to contacts for awhile.
>>
>>27607657
I've been wearing glasses since 6th grade, I'm used to the feeling of glasses on my face.

Sometimes it takes a while for a new pair to settle but I've been on the same pair for almost 3 years now.
>>
One of my biggest dreams is to be able of see whitout any contact or glasses. It might not look like a big thing but the most of my days since i was a kid i thought of it and In saved more than enought money to pay the operation.
Anyway it is still too early because doctor says I need to wait until 21 and i just turned 18 on March.
God knows i want it so badly and it fucked up my childhood and affected negatively my teenage years because of the social anxiety derivated from early bullying.
>>
I have huge dark circles under my eyes so I wear glasses to hide them.
>>
I use contacts because I look better and glasses get in the way sometimes. Plus my glasses are kind of broken now anyway.
>>
Has anyone here gotten Lasik who already sees starbursts and halos around lights at night? I'm afraid to get it, because my eye doctor said it could make the starbursts and halos around lights even worse. I have every single nu male feature except the left-leaning politics, and I'm trying to make myself look less like one physically.
>>
>>27608199
Are you me?

The lasik risks are concerning as well, but I also want contacts because the nu male shit is getting out of hand, so I want to ditch the glasses.
I wanted the Mars Volta look but now that I cut my hair off there's no point in these glasses. They also hide my cheekbones
>>
>>27608199
>have non-essential surgery on an essential part of the body

'no'

Lasik is retarded
>>
>>27605861
I have glasses but I don't need to wear them.
Contacts are more dangerous and I don't like touching my eyes so would never consider them
>>
>>27607264
I think they are the thicker kind, disposable every 30 days. I'd say get the thin kind but they tear very easily if you're not careful. If you're new to contacts I'd go with the thicker kind for 2 months or so then MAYBE swap to thin. Depending on how easily you get used to putting them in/taking them out.

You should get used to putting them in/taking them out in a few days
>>27607657
Are you new to glasses? They shouldn't hurt or feel bad considering they just rest on your nose with a slight grip. Your nose piece might be fitted incorrectly or your glasses are two narrow for your face.
>>
>>27608911
>>27607264
I forgot to mention, your eyes might feel heavier or you might get sleepy more easily with contacts on. That was the case for me, my eyes weren't used to that slight increase in weight for hours at a time.
>>
If all girls were forced to wear glasses, my life would be a lot more enjoyable.
>>
I want to get contacts but how the hell do you get them in?
>>
>>27605861
glasses are comfier
but for look I preffer Contacts.

glasses make my eyes tired.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.