[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to internship >spend most of my day there >come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: fffff.jpg (23 KB, 467x249) Image search: [Google]
fffff.jpg
23 KB, 467x249
>go to internship
>spend most of my day there
>come back home
>practically no free time
>have to write reports and shit
>sleep
>wake up groggy and annoyed
>go to internship
>repeat for 5 days

>weekend arrives
>enjoy friday evening
>spend saturday wondering whether I should an hero
>spend sunday being anxious about work tomorrow

What the fuck am I doing with my life. Is this how it'll be forever when I get a real job?
>>
File: 1396959173300.jpg (167 KB, 792x446) Image search: [Google]
1396959173300.jpg
167 KB, 792x446
>waaahhh my internship is stwessfullllllllll

Shut the fuck up you gay bitch
>>
File: 1395711546463.jpg (52 KB, 679x631) Image search: [Google]
1395711546463.jpg
52 KB, 679x631
>>27605729

Welcome to life

Spend 60 years working then retire and die.

Working is hell on earth. I got strong bouts of depression sundays and every morning.

I just keeping living with the hope of becoming rich
>>
How's it going Alex? You Jew
>>
If I had that at least I wouldn't have to go to r9k.
>>
>>27605768
And how do you deal with it aside from hoping to become rich?
>>
>internship

just get a fucking normal job
>>
>>27606349
>what is college
It's pretty much impossible to have a decent-paying job without a diploma.
>>
File: 1444706571038.jpg (19 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1444706571038.jpg
19 KB, 251x242
>>27605729
>he fell for the unpaid internship maymay
Holy fucking shit anon
>>
>being a wagecuck

>without even getting the wage

literal slave
lmfao
>>
>>27606621
>>27606884
How do you know it's unpaid?
>>
>>27606992
Usually internships are unpaid, when you get paid it's usually considered a job, not an internship, at least where I'm from.
>>
Welcome to the workforce. You have a couple hours of free time each day to do whatever and then go to bed so you're not dead tired at work, and then the weekends roll around and you have to cram as much fun you possibly can into 2 days before the shit restarts.
>>
>>27605729

It'll be over soon.

I did an internship and hated it, but, it's over now.
>>
>>27607029
I believe there are things like paid internships, although the company is allowed to pay you whatever they want to pay you (i.e. no legal minimums).
>>
>>27607185
Yes and then I get a job. How much different will it be from an internship? Not so much, I wager.
>>
>>27605729

Internships are literally fucking slavery
>>
>>27605729
> Is this how it'll be forever when I get a real job?

totally not and hear me out. You feel that way because you dislike your job, that is all. I work a job I absolutely fucking despise and I only work there 3 days a week but it fucking ruins me. I just worked 5 heavy days doing bar work and it was amazing, I loved it, even though I was doing heavy shifts on less money I prefered it so much. I'd suggest looking for something that suits you more. It's not work, it's THE work.

I've now got to go back to the job I despise starting tomorrow but I have a trial shift at a bar on thursday so hopefully that goes well.
>>
bumplebee
>>
>>27608697
Thanks, that's actually inspirational anon. I like what I do but not as a job. Maybe I should start a company while I work a funner, less-paying job.

Unfortunately I have parents who might be in debt (they're hiding something and I suspect it's money-related), and who also expect a lot from me.
>>
>>27608697
>I've now got to go back to the job I despise starting tomorrow but I have a trial shift at a bar on thursday so hopefully that goes well.
Also good luck with this, I hope you get the bar job. You seem like a cool dude who deserves that.
>>
>>27605729
Define "practically no freetime".
>>
I have a real office job and its just sort of a slog but its not painful or depressing or tiring like my shit jobs were. I work in accounting so I just figure some shit out, sometimes its fucking annoying when I need to go through the ledger and fix shit that indians ruined but I mostly do it on autopilot listening to documentaries on youtube. Sometimes nothing happens so I just chill a day browsing the internet.

I live a minute from the corporate tower I work at so I dont need commuting time. Its better than I thought it would be, my previous jobs were hell but once you land a real job its just a chore.
>>
>>27610494
If I want to sleep 8 hours a day, then strictly 4. However, most of that goes out to writing reports, showering, eating and working out (I have to, I'm a lard with too many issues), so I'm left with about 1 hour per day.
>>
>>27610570
This is pretty much what my job is like.
I'm in IT. While there's always work to be done every single minute that I'm there, I can do it on autopilot and end up just listening to music or podcasts the whole time while trudging through the chores. We can't browse the internet too much because it's monitored, and a semi-open office, though I sometimes stream twitch and nobody seems to notice. The worst is just the constant meetings, which I try to dodge as much as possible because it means I have to take my headphones out.

There's a lot of pressure to work 24/7 so we almost always work 9 to 10 hour days. Commute for me is about 30-45 minutes each way. Sometimes have to travel for up to 2 weeks. There's a handful of busy periods a year where there's like 2-3 weeks of constant work, 12-16 hour days, but even those aren't too too bad because I just listen to podcasts and such as usual.

I sleep about 5 hours per night and get about 4 hours of free time per day.

It's not horrible by any means but it does feel a bit like being a caged animal. The repetitive nature of things does start to feel surreal and sort of maddening after enough years.
>>
>>27605729
Do most interns not get paid? I'm going to work on my 2nd engineering internship this summer and I get paid pretty well.(At least for my age)
>>
>>27610975
>after enough years
A fucking internship feels maddening after a few months. I can't imagine what a real job feels like after several years.

On that note, do you have any other hobbies or is work your whole life?
>>
>>27611039
Nope no other hobbies. I used to have them, but to be successful at most hobbies, you have to maintain the "don't break the chain" type of philosophy of practicing each and every day. And that's simply not realistic with a job like this. After the Xth time that work cut in to the schedule I just gave up.
So work is my whole life, outside of passively consuming media, which I don't think really counts.
Most of my coworkers have children as their hobby, but I really don't see how they have the energy for that to be honest.
>>
>>27611181
That's kind of sad bro.

Well, I'm off to sleep. I really hope you find a less demanding job though.

If anyone has some tips on how to "stoic" myself through this shit for the next 50 or so years, please enlighten me.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.