[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will never be an 18-year-old living in norway in 1994,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: Immortal.gif~c200.gif (369 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Immortal.gif~c200.gif
369 KB, 200x200
>you will never be an 18-year-old living in norway in 1994, at the height of second-wave black metal
is there any purpose to living?
>>
File: 1448716003908.png (19 KB, 730x646) Image search: [Google]
1448716003908.png
19 KB, 730x646
>tfw you discovered black metal at 19 but you had no metal friends to share your hobby

>tfw you were only trying to be even more "special" than anyone else + you hated everything.

I still enjoy Peste Noire tho :3
>>
>>27602683
lel I got into the genre in 2007 when family bought a metal magazine and the disc had a Mayhem song on it... haven't looked back ever since
>>
File: 1450366781484.png (97 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1450366781484.png
97 KB, 645x773
>tfw mommy doesn't let me to dress like a metalhead
I miss my long hair
>>
>>27602683
Holy shit I know this exact feel ;_;

rip Dead
>>
>>27604120
>tfw u finally blow your brains out and ya homie makes a necklace out of a piece of your skull
>>
File: joshsisk-salome-1000x662.jpg (165 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
joshsisk-salome-1000x662.jpg
165 KB, 1000x662
black metal is shit and is a meme

putting on makeup and trying to look scary isn't intimidating nor does it contribute to any of your music in any way

reminder that true metal bands don't dress up like faggots or try to alter their appearance in any way to be perceived in a particular way.

Pic related harder band than any of your shitlord meme bands
>>
>>27604899
I enjoy listening to black metal ergo your opinions are shit.
>>
>>27604931
So do I but I don't feel the need to fucking put ghost zombie corpse paint on my face and grow my hair long to try and fit in and be an edgy scandinavian depressed teenager who burns down churches and kills himself
>>
>>27604899
>>27605019

>Alters his voice to be percieved in a particular way

>Cannot alter his image because some insecure dildo finds it gay or whatever

Stop projecting friendo
>>
>>27605136
lol what

>Alters his voice to be percieved in a particular way

when

the music?

I listen to black metal from time to time but I don't really like low constant death growls and all that.
Songs like Sign of an open eye and Lit are really good but whatever.

And I don't care how I'm perceived by other people, I don't mind the fact Gaahl performs with corpsepaint on his face to fit in with the act.
What I don't like is the act itself and the fact people who pretend to be metal feel they need to look a certain way or grow their hair long to be metal.
>>
>>27605019
>So do I but I don't feel the need
Stop right there. You seem to be mistaking this website with your blog

https://wordpress.com

Hopefully this well help you get reoriented.
>>
>>27605255
I don't feel the need to explain to you what I mean by what I felt the need to type out.
>>
Why is Inquisition so awesome?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN-K27yiVrk
>>
>>27602683
>black metal
>not superior doom metal
gtfo black metal edgefags
>>
>>27602683
iktfb
the norewgian black metal guys are edgelords but it's legitimately a very creatively fertile area.
>>27604899
kek but forest rock is actually god-tier. also literally everyone cares about aesthetic. with some black metal guys it's pretty intimately connected with their art, but even in the worst instances they're just totally divorced from each other.
>>
>>27605361
>implying Sludge and Death metal isn't superior to all

>>27605367
I don't mind black metal for what it is and their aesthetic or whatever, I quite like Gorgoroth/God Seed for their music, not for their antics and the black mass at Krakow or any other edginess. What I primarily don't like these edgelord city kids altering their own appearance to fit in and try to look as metal as possible, yet when they go home they take all that off because mommy doesn't like them wearing black on sundays.
>>
>>27605515
sludge is great
death is even more edgelord tier than black
>>
>>27605355
MALE AND FEMALE WITCHES DENY GOD HIS LAW THE VIRGIN AND THE SAINTS

INSTEAD MAKE OFFERINGS TO SATAN, WHO GIVES THEM PLEASURE AND RICHES IN RETURN
>>
>>27605566
to be honest fa(m), disregard what I'm saying.

I'm just mood-swinging and looking for something to be angry at.

All metal is great and we should all love and embrace one another and be good friends with positive relations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PNz5YJnNfY
>>
>>27605605
except core garbage
>>
Always liked black metal. Cradle of filth is so good
>>
>you will never be a sixteen year old in sweden when entombed releases their first album so you and your bros get together and form a grimy, riffy death metal band and release a demo on cassette

amazon says my helium exit bags will be here tomorrow
>>
>tfw you never kill your bandmate because he was trying to be king of edge

Norwegian prison would've been very cozy
>>
File: 462.jpg (49 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
462.jpg
49 KB, 500x502
>metal thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7QRrh1QYe4

I unironically think this one of the greatest metal albums of all time. Production is murky analog but clear enough to still hear everything and the riffs are just brutal but with enough melody to be memorable.
>>
>>27605940
>not necroticism: descanting the insalubrious

wow stop posting anytime
>>
>>27606066
necroticism is good but its too mid-tempo and plodding for me.

great production though.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.