[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>turn 18 >no job experience >get a parttime job at fast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 0147 - PBb5kof.jpg (29 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
0147 - PBb5kof.jpg
29 KB, 400x386
>turn 18
>no job experience
>get a parttime job at fast food joint to get some job experience, plan on staying for a year
>been here for a month, hate it, cant stand working, hate not having as much free time as i once had, cant imagine staying for another 11 months
so can I just fake fucking references on an application? how the fuck do people do this shit for a living? this is horrible, im so depressed.
>>
welcome to the real world kid, too tough for you?
>>
yeah they dont call references you dingus
>>
Work a night shift in a grocery store for work experience. Better yet, get on an apprenticeship and bypass all the 'getting experience' bullshit
>>
>>27598055
>its a 'hurrr the real world isnt fun' bait post
m8...
>>
>Working without a degree

It's not gonna last for a year anon. It's gonna last for the rest of your life
>>
>>27598038
Got news for you, your whole life is going to be about tolerating shit. Just put up with it for 12 months, it'll be worth it for the references and experience. I guarantee you in ten years you won't remember the people's names you worked with. Probably won't even take that long.
>>
>>27598092
I was planning on quitting and then going to college so I atleast have that year of job experience next to the degree though.
>>
>>27598038
Dude. Why would you pick fast food for "job experience?" At least get some community college if you do nothing else, and then *network* for jobs. Network.
>>
>>27598080
Because for the majority of people, it isn't.
Unless you have/are working on a good degree, your life won't be worth shit.
>>
File: 1440863437454.jpg (57 KB, 416x359) Image search: [Google]
1440863437454.jpg
57 KB, 416x359
>>27598128
>STEM lord detected
>>
>>27598111
I tried so fucking hard to find other places. I really did. I had to settle for this though.

Like, the job itself isn't what's bad. It's the fucking monotony of it. I fucking hate just doing the same shit over and over again. It's mind numbing and the hours drag on and on and on.
>>
>>27598038
>get job at animal hospital
>covered in piss and shit all day
>making less than minimum wage
>so stressed I have trouble sleeping

Its completely exhausting and thankless, I think everyone else before me snapped and quit.
>>
File: Dumb-and-Dumber.jpg (16 KB, 520x200) Image search: [Google]
Dumb-and-Dumber.jpg
16 KB, 520x200
>Theres people who accept shitty lives of miserable work because 'thats just how its meant to be'

Someone fell for the wageslave meme.
>>
>>27598163
good rebuttal
>>
Less than minimum wage? Are you on an apprenticeship or something? I hear those guys gets exploited a lot. My mum knows someone who gets paid 2 pounds an hour
>>
>>27598128
It doesn't even need to be a GOOD degree.

You can do something like criminology and land a job in forensics or something and get to see crime scenes n shit, pay is pretty good, good benefits, pension etc, and you get to see gore in real life.

That's better than wage-cucking at some shitty store or office job.
>>
>get security job
>its actually a somewhat tightly run company so no slacking off unlike made it seem like
>paid money to just stand in one place

Its horrible standing in one place with nothing to do but it beats retail i guess
>>
>>27598038
I don't think it'll get any better. I work in a Call Center to get some experience and the 1,5 years I've been here already threw me back into depression, knowing that this is pretty much the amount of free time I'll have for the rest of my life.

Working just sucks in general. You don't have time for anything anymore. If I weren't such a social retard, I'd become a teacher in some shitty, unimportant subject, so I can at least have summer vacations again.
>>
What is the minimal amount I should work to have a good thing to put on a reference? 6 months?
>>
>>27598305
Don't quit until you have a new job.
>>
>>27598321
I won't have a new job though. When I quit, it'll be to focus on college 100%. I don't need the money, I just need to put SOMETHING on that damn resume before I start college.
>>
>>27598340
Just keep working, maybe you'll meet a qt there. You sure as hell won't meet one leveling your paladin.
>>
>>27598305
6 months to one year.

Honestly, the experience is going to be worthless if you cant brag about funding your education or going to school while working. Nobody is going to care if you worked a year in fastfood while not doing anything else.

I did a similar thing, quit, got a worthless degree, and now Im stuck in poverty and McJob land again.
>>
>>27598321
Incredibly good advice

Getting back into a job is hard, even if you cut your hours down, always keep a job until you have a new one lined up
>>
File: 1459665918688.jpg (180 KB, 811x1082) Image search: [Google]
1459665918688.jpg
180 KB, 811x1082
>>27598038
Here is a handy advice from a great website my friend Bill told me about.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/4d3md7/employers_of_reddit_what_do_you_expect_a_1719/
>>
>>27598497
Wtf is wrong w that dog
>>
>>27598701
He needs snuggly cuddles
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.