[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life has no meaning whatsoever, stop caring about "getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: c3.png (331 KB, 639x476) Image search: [Google]
c3.png
331 KB, 639x476
Life has no meaning whatsoever, stop caring about "getting a gf" or whatever and focus on acquiring knowledge. Read about philosophy, mathematics, history, get a meaningful hobbie, but please stop wasting your mental health on this bullshit. Care about what really matters, no girl will save you.

This is my last post on this website, it was good to know some of you guys.
>>
>>27597381
Getting a gf and procreating is the meaning of life
>>
I have already wasted my mental health. Now I'm without a personality, or at least drastically changed for worse compared to years ago, and with diminished intelligence. I have serious trouble memorizing things short and long term. Trying to improve myself by acquiring knowledge seems impossible. That's what makes me sad, not the dozen other things I'm missing out on.
>>
That's exactly what I want to do. But I need a job to do all that. And all jobs require experience or education, which I have neither of.
>>
>>27597406
No.. Only reproduction is the meaning to life.

But donating to sperm banks across the country, you will have fulfilled your tiny human life to the most of its ability.
>>
>>27597514

That sperm isn't used for getting women pregnant. It's used for research. Do you think someone would be stupid enough to use random sperm to conceive their child?
>>
>>27597463
Then get education or experience. Volunteering is free and easy experience. Internships are the best way to get some experience. Classes/courses will do both.
>>
>>27597524
I've donated a few times, and I get a little letter in the mail whenever my sperm as been successfully implanted in a woman.

Its only happen twice though. There was a lot of testing and I have good genes for it. (too bad those genes were recessive in me, and I didn't get the goods personally)
>>
Thanks OP, you're so enlightened and definitely not a total cunt.
>>
>>27597553

I find that hard to believe. In case that's true, those people must be crazy.
>>
>>27597703
Probably were lesbians, but either way I completed life's number one quest... Without even playing.
>>
>Life has no meaning whatsoever

>acquire knowledge! :-)

>whatsoever

>meaningful hobbies! :-)

>whatsoever

>what really matters! :-)

>whatsoever

Foolish pleb. You had it right the first time. If you really want to stop caring- to stop chasing the highs of approval and manufactured achievement- then forget the values and conditioning that have been implanted into you by society.

>I'm don't want approval. I never get any anyway!

If any of you believe this, and yet continue to desire positive interactions with anyone in any form, you are bigger addicts of approval than any normalfag that walks the Earth. The desires which drive them to cling to social interactions are the same which drive you to avoid them.
>>
>>27597428
Why does any of this matter?

Notice, even with what you define to be a diminished mental capacity, that the counsciousness which is aware of these very events remains perfectly intact- attentive to each and every moment, whether judged to be bad or good. No compromise.
>>
Chads can get women easily. Just because they got lucky to get born good looking, tall, etc. Why should I not be able to get the same just because of getting born short and ugly? I didn't choose my height, I didn't choose my facial bone stucture.
>>
>>27597925
>Why should I not be able to get the same just because of getting born short and ugly?

Because the universe exploded and arranged iself in such a way that the arrangement of matter reffered to as "your brain" is creating the mental experience of an external reality of objects, in which there is a perception of lack.
>>
>>27597925
Ugly girls don't get guys either. Fuck one of them and don't pollute the clean end of the gene pool.
>>
>>27598034
Fancy way of saying

>HURR IT IS HOW IT IS, DEAL WID IT
>>
>>27597381
>Life has no meaning whatsoever,
This is a myth propagated by atheists that don't actually believe it.
>>27597514
>le science xsdsdddXDFdxdDXD rofl lmaofam
>>
>>27598061
>Ugly girls don't get guys either.
Except that's not true. Ugly girls don't get top Chads. Actually even that's not true. Ugly girls don't get top Chads to commit. Yeah that's about right.
>>
See you tomorrow/in a few days
>>
>>27597463
Is it really what you want to do?

https://www.khanacademy.org

There you go, primary school to university education right at your fingertips, for free, ready for you whenever you want. Now go ahead and try to fulfill your supposed dreams and see how far you get, how good it feels.

Admit that you don't know what you want. Knowledge, interactions with other people, good food, fun: All desires stemming from the conditioning you've been taught to chase since you were born. To find out what you really want, you will have to shed all of that bullshit and learn to be content with yourself, and only yourself.

https://www.adyashanti.org/index.php?file=writings_inner&writingid=12
>>
That's exactly what I want to do from now on, OP.
>>
>>27598068
If you want to "deal" with the illusory world you've built for yourself, go ahead. I bet you're having fun. Alternatively, you can give all of that up and find content in yourself.

Of course, whether you actually take action to make this happen is no one's choice, in light of the universe exploding and yadda yadda, arrangement etc. Yes, many people live miserable lives. Meh.
>>
>>27598228
>Yes, many people live miserable lives. Meh.
And this I should accept with being angry and hateful why?
>>
>>27597922

Being aware of it only makes it worse.
>>
>>27598279
You don't have to accept it. You don't have to do anything. But you can.

It's not even a matter of accepting that "life is shit." It is about seeing that "life is shit" is a purely illusory, made up judgement. Actual reality is beyond what can be described by the five vowel sounds that your mouth makes (and that your mind replicates in the form of thought)
>>
>>27598488
>It is about seeing that "life is shit" is a purely illusory, made up judgement.
How? I can compare my life to that of a Chad. And it's not going to hold up.
>>
It's not even about getting laid. It's about fulfilling yet another one of the basic human behaviors, just simple close companionship. The fact that someones existence wouldn't be right if you weren't a part of it in some closely intimate form.

If one of you sods are lucky enough to have a decent group of friends, a purpose, an interesting hobby, or just a good hand for wanking then that itch can be scratched for a long, long time. Yet basic human instinct for both sexual desire and the more intimate relationships will come, it might take years, decades even. Yet eventually it will start to niggle again at the back of your head and when it's not satisfied you will feel the consequences in spades.

Everyone on this Earth just want to wake up next to someone who cares. Someone you know you can trust and can rely upon in your darkest moments, and vice versa for that someone special when they need you as well.

You can block it out as much as you want, but you'll never get out scarred in some way, noone can.
>>
>>27598500
The act of comparing is the act of "making it up." It starts when you imagine the image of yourself. Then you imagine the image of Chad. Then you imagine the comparison, making up judgements of good and bad (check my rhymes lel).

Your mind interprets the vowel sounds in your head to be a coherent story. But what is the story in reality?

Say this line in your head: "I am anon and I like grills." This story appears to be a description of anon. But say the line again, this time slooowly, trying to ignore any descriptive perception your mind comes up with, and instead focus on the mental SOUND of the words. hh ee ll oo iii aaa mmm...

That is the reality of stories- they're sounds. The story doesn't exist anywhere except in your perception.

You can apply this to visual images as well. You see somebody with Chad-like features and you see him as a Chad. But in reality, Chad is just a particular arrangement of shapes and colours. The "Chad" in this image is made up in your mind.
>>
>>27598781
Well I meant more like people I know. The tall guys, the attractive guys, the guys with rich parents, sometimes all three. And let me tell you, they ain't in my head.
>>
>>27598631
>Everyone on this Earth just want to wake up next to someone who cares. Someone you know you can trust and can rely upon in your darkest moments, and vice versa for that someone special when they need you as well

Ugh. Then you're stuck feeling like shit when your delusional fantasy doesn't fall into your lap. Or worse, you get what you want and realise it's not what you want, because Disney made the whole thing up.

See the desire for companionship for what it is (without projecting your Disney fantasies). A tightness in the chest? Tingling in the stomach? Boohoo, live your life.
>>
>>27598816
Your ideas about these people are in your head.
>>
>JUST stop wanting something that seems very pleasant and that your instincts gives you a very strong urge for
>>
>>27598983
No they aren't. I can literally stand next to that 6'5" guy and see I'm a manlet. I can literally stand next to that good looking guy and see I'm an ugly cunt. It's not in my head. It's physical, measurable things.
>>
>>27599002
Except otherwise It's just hedonism. You don't eat junk food to get swole. You don't concern yourself with frivolous shit to achieve goals.
>>
"Like the mother bird, seekers often load up on intellectual concepts and regurgitate them to others"
>>
>>27599002
Sit in silence with yourself. Watch your thoughts and desires until you see them for what they are. You will find that the things you want are exactly what keeps you from being happy, and chasing only leads to more chasing.
>>
>>27599061
Like this one

Thisoneblox
>>
>>27599037
The problem I have with wanting girls or hedonism is that you set yourself up to try and achieve the greatest possible. This can be disastrous to you and you'll also never reach it. What about knowledge? It too shares that infinite quality. Can it destroy you just as hedonism can? Should you just be content with little? Embrace the absurdity of infinity? Then is hedonism's tendency to leave one wanting more like an addict not a complete refutation?
>>
>>27599061
You mirin my lightenment? I kid, but somebody's regurgitation helped me once.
>>
>>27597381

I kind of gave up with girls already. Now I just want to earn enough to buy me a small apartment, a few fancy stuff and travel around the world.

Is that so much to ask for?
>>
File: 1458871292256.png (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458871292256.png
27 KB, 500x500
>>27599017
I'm not sure what bundle theory solipsistic weird path he was going for. However it's a matter of perspective. You are a Chad compared to a Chinese sweat shop worker and Chad is a Chad compared to a robot. It's subjective. You can create your own values. Arrgh he's tall and I'm a manlet. Who cares? You can't control these things and have no responsibility for them. Girls care? Well bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks. If a bitch is just interested in your height than how much better is she is just thinking with her stupid monkey brain and there's no substance
Acquaint yourself with some epistemology of you haven't already and check out the spookmaster
>>
>>27599193
Height isn't a matter of perspective. Comparing myself to some chinese worker is irrelevant, because I don't live in fucking China. I'm inferior relative to people around me. Some fucking african kid with bloated belly that has aids? I don't give a shit.

Also you can insult women all you want, but wanting a non-inferior partner makes sense from their view.
>>
>>27599296
>height isn't a matter of perspective
You can change your attitude about it though. I'm a manlet too but idgafnigga
>makes sense to not want an inferior partner
Depends how you define inferior. What are your criteria? Then realize whatever criteria you choose will ultimately be arbitrary. But how are superior intellect and height arbitrary criteria? If you don't know the answer to that question you need to think on it. Additionally, if you take the biological route of they want a tall partner for tall children, that won't last forever. How long until we have great control over our phenotypes?
>>
>>27599171
As long as you don't waste your money I feel like you could be good. Where would my parents be without two kids and spending all that money in booze and cigarettes?
>>
>>27597381
>no meaning
>get a meaning hobby
Retard. I agree that there is no meaning, but that doesn't mean you should get a different hobby.all it means is that it doesn't natter what your hobby is.
>>27597406
>>27597514
"""Meaning"""
In what way is procreation a meaning? All it accomplishes is the unnecessary prolongation of human existence. Humanity's very existence is meaningless and cyclical. We have availed nothing.
>>
I'm too narcissistic. Too selfish. I can't love someone so much that I would be willing to sacrifice something big for them. I would probably love a girl for her looks alone.

Maybe I'm too childish.
>>
>>27599392
> I'm a manlet too but idgafnigga
Just a cop-out.
>How long until we have great control over our phenotypes?
What does it matter. I'm here and inferior right now.
>>
>see this post
>"wow that sky is nice"
>look outside
>sky is literally the same color

3spooky
>>
>>27597381
You should know by now that the rest of us will just disregard your faggy advice and explain to you why we are beyond saving. See you tomorrow.
>>
>>27599431
If it has no meaning then why do anything? Why live? Why die? You can make your own or become an absurdist. That or the question is bunk to begin with. What are your thoughts?
Should OP then not have made any suggestions aside from the recognition of meaninglessness?
>>
>>27597381
Good bye friendarino
>>
>>27599475
See the post underneath
>>27599509
>>
>>27599526
There is no reason to do anything. You can't just make a meaning though, that's stupid imo.
Anyways, I was merely pointing out how he's contradicting himself.
>no meaning
>meaningful hobby
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-17-05-10-29.png (511 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-17-05-10-29.png
511 KB, 1080x1920
>>27599578
Would you say you are an absurdist? The question is null? Or just plain nihilism? Rather than asking what the meaning of life is, what do you live for? How is the former question different from asking what makes life worth living if at all?
>>
File: merrily merrily merrily.jpg (44 KB, 364x561) Image search: [Google]
merrily merrily merrily.jpg
44 KB, 364x561
Welp I gotta go to sleep.
Hopefully the thread doesn't die too fast but hey that's just my luck
>>
>>27597871
nihilism the post
>>
File: 1442513442486.png (94 KB, 1435x478) Image search: [Google]
1442513442486.png
94 KB, 1435x478
Used to post these a lot. I really need to lay off the existential bullshit when I'm sleepy. I'll read em all eventually though.
>>
File: 1445558124202.jpg (227 KB, 1173x392) Image search: [Google]
1445558124202.jpg
227 KB, 1173x392
Later fags
Stay cozy
>>
>>27599668
Absurdism is meme shit
I don't live for anything

Why are you asking all these questions? I'm not going to write anymore than a few sentences man. It's too late for this shit.
>>
>>27598078
Bullshit, as far as we know there is no 'meaning'to life, wherein 'meaning' is some sort of social, cultural or spiritual goal to be achieved.

>You probably fell for the benevolent God meme

There isn't any proof for meaning to exist, and even if there was, I doubt any robot could actually fulfill it.
>>
File: 14514326245.jpg (428 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
14514326245.jpg
428 KB, 1600x1200
psssshhooooo
>>
>>27598781

I know you think this is really clever, but it isn't. The idea of nominalism has been around since classical Greece.

Science has coldly illumniated the sole purpose of existence, which is gene propagation and reproductive success. There is nothing else. As an animal, if you're not fulfilling one of these two imperatives you'll experience immense pain and anguish, regardless of how you try to trick yourself otherwise via philosophy.
>>
File: 1459509038920.png (93 KB, 467x496) Image search: [Google]
1459509038920.png
93 KB, 467x496
>>27599820
There isnt any reason that everything exists but that doesn't change the fact that it does on some level.

Things have meaning to us, that is what it means to experience, to live, to be conscious but the idea that all of these things cultivate into one 'meaningful' experience or even an idea is absurd.

absurdity is the nature of the life we all live, the absurdity lies in trying to find meaning in something that has no meaningful meaning.

but does something being meaningful equate to it having worth or vice versa?
>>
>>27597381
>Life has no meaning
>get a meaningful hobbie

????
>>
>Life has no meaning whatsoever
>Care about what really matters
Pick one you pretentious little cunt
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.