[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robots why do i Hate myself when i'm drunk or high? I obsess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: what makes me feels.jpg (35 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
what makes me feels.jpg
35 KB, 640x400
Robots why do i Hate myself when i'm drunk or high? I obsess over shit that I shouldn't. I have an exam monday I'm half prepared for. And Being drunk now makes me feel awful. The same would happen if i were high. What the hell i thought that would help me feel awesome??

share your shitty drunk high feels
>>
Because taking mind altering substances shifts your mind and takes down barriers you have setup. Everybody reacts to drugs differently but they also give you a different perspective. I'll be the first to admit that I take drugs to have fun but at the same time they can make you think critically about your life and figure out what needs to be done. Because when you're sober you get used to being you, no matter how shitty or good that is. But once you take something that shifts your mind to a different way of thinking you see what you really look like. For me that's weed, it makes me really think about whatever situation I'm in and I'm not haply until I fix it. This might be a little confusing but at the same time it'll take experience for you to realize it yourself. Maybe you're too much of a bitch to not study and getting drunk makes you think about that. How about you actually go study instead of complaining you feel awful. And if you think it makes a difference if you're drunk and it's not worth it you need to shut the fuck up and just study. Because guess what? You're not gonna study when you're sober so you may as well do it now because you realize how shitty you feel and shitty you should feel
>>
>>27597102
i was studying. then i was finished for the night and got drunk with a friend. but you're probably right.
>>
>>27597172
>>27597172

You are probs stressed out about the exam. Like you said you only know half of this shit. But there's nothing you can do now because you can't study.

You got to lay down and chill. Go fill your tub with warm water and just lay in there.
>>
>>27597172
Yeah man and idk how much experience you have with drugs but sometimes you've just gotta figure out which ones make you feel like what. Like I said before every drug affects everyone differently so it's down to a personal thing but for me I know what drugs make me want to think and what drugs just make me want to feel nothing and have a good time. Maybe alcohol just isn't for you
>>
>>27597219
What do you mean he can't do anything? He's still awake right? I'm pretty sure if he can go lay down in a warm bath he can study
>>
>>27597255
I MAY be too gone to retain info but a bath does seem nice right now
>>
>>27597255
Don't think you can really study being groggy and sobber after drinking. Best that you just past out and sleep
>>
>>27597309
Look I understand that but why complain about it? If you're not gonna do anything about it then why even bring it up? That's what I don't get. Because if you just complain and don't try and fix yourself, even if you are extremely fucked up which I really doubt if you're able to type correctly, you're not going to do anything and you're just standing still. Even tho you just drank some liquor it still sounds like it gave you some motivation to change and do more studying. You really only have two options, either do something about it and study so you don't feel bad or just don't study but shut up about feeling bad. Anything else is just trying to get people to feel bad for or with you and that's just pathetic
>>
>>27597384
That is a valid point. He could just sleep it off but if he's taking a bath he's not doing that. He's still staying up and not doing anything but feeling bad about himself
>>
>>27597412
but i have been studying. but it may be that i don't remember the identities 100% or it may be just me freaking out or it may be a mixtyre of both but i have been trying, I just never think i'm good enough when i'm not sober. whether with women or school or mself in general i find ways to hate myself.

I called mydelf pathetic and hated mysef for having fantasies about a girl. i may just be finding excuses or maybe drugs just arent my thing but i gtotta stop feeling this
>>
>>27597412
honestly i think i try half assed attempts to fix myself. at least this semester I do okay and then hate myself for not doing like last semester. Whatever it is. i'm swearing this shit off for a while. at least until whatever break when i have no responsibilities....hopefully
>>
despite the tough truth hurting a bit i appreciate you guys talking. it helps somewhat get me off the edge you know? It is a sober anchor in my haze.
>>
>>27597448
Then I think you said it best yourself. Maybe drugs, or the drugs you've done, just aren't for you. If they make you feel shitty about yourself then there's no point in doing them for the time being no matter how other people say they make them feel. I'm no where near a perfect person or the person I even want to be but one thing I've always tried to do is look at myself from an outside perspective. So like if I'm doing whatever is it really helping me do what I want to achieve or am I hurting myself doing it. Being honest with yourself is teally the best thing to do. And what do you mean you hated yourself for having fantasies about a girl? That shits normal man, it's desire and it's something everybody has. From the bottom of the bottom to the top of people we all fantasize about being with people we're not with. It doesn't make you pathetic at all, even if you have no chance with her because guess what? We can't be with everybody and there will always be a person you can't get with.
>>
>>27597472
>>27597472
That last word is where you already fucked up. Not hopefully you will swear that shit off. That doesn't mean you have to stay sober off every drug but you are going to stay sober off that drug. You even said it just makes you worry so what is it helping with? Nothing it's just giving you pain it sounds like. And do you mean you're not doing like you did last semester or you're mad because you didn't do good last semester? Because both of those are easily fixable. If you're not doing as good as last semester just keep pushing until you do because you're clearly capable of it if you did it before. And if you just fucked around last semester it's never too late to fix your past, and just moping about it won't do anything for you but dig your hole deeper
>>
File: 1458804891397.png (192 KB, 255x458) Image search: [Google]
1458804891397.png
192 KB, 255x458
If I acquire some weed and I haven't had any in a while, all I'll want to do is make stuff. Doesn't matter if it's writing, making music, drawing, whatever. Doesn't matter if it's good, I just have to make stuff. I have to be doing something productive.

After smoking for two days or so, my tolerance kicks in and I binge through the rest of my weed getting half as high as I was days previous, masturbating and playing video games for days, stopping for short naps occasionally.

Actually I'll tell you what weed does to me too, it makes me sleep like shit. So many people talk about how good they sleep when they're high, but I fall asleep and wake up after three or four hours most days/nights.

When I'm drunk, it's a different story. I'm an alcoholic, but I've managed to cut back thanks to weed. If I don't have weed, I'll go on days-long benders and make a complete fool of myself, before crashing hard when I run out of booze. Not a very nice place at all, I used to self harm a lot on these days but I've managed to cut that out for now.
>>
>>27597586
i mean hopefully i don't have any responsibility during whatever next break. and i was doing pretty great last semester. i'm doing mediocre compared to last. but i fo have it in me youre right.
>>
>>27597615
i'm so sorry to hear that, are you foing betternow?
>>
>>27597650
Trust me I know what it's like to want to get fucked up. Try a different substance like Xanax or something if you have a lot of responsibilities but don't want to worry about them
>>
>>27597748
Nah that's super addictive I'm not trying to ruin my life. Everyone else thanks for the words and advice! I'm gonna sleep now. You guys are awesome!
>>
File: 1458348454182.jpg (129 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1458348454182.jpg
129 KB, 1024x576
>>27597659
I guess, inasmuch as I'm not drinking as much as I used to. Sobriety isn't great, though. I've got mental illnesses up the wazoo and my mind is constantly getting stuck inside cognitive dissonances and anxiety. As well as all the negative emotions I feel after going on benders, albeit more manageable, obviously.

Once/if weed is legalized in my country, things will be looking a lot better. I won't have to deal with normies to get drugs, and I'll be calm and content all the time.

You asked.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.