[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your life like when you were 17 and a half years old?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: 1459176354606.png (53 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459176354606.png
53 KB, 1500x1000
What was your life like when you were 17 and a half years old?
>>
I had a gf at that point. It was alright. I only maintained the relationship to see if I was straight.
>>
It was the exact fucking same as now. fml
>>
>>27596540
wanting to tell this girl I liked that I liked her

she liked me back, but got with another guy after we graduated. They are still together. I learned a valuable lesson from that
>>
I just graduated and was preparing to join the army
>>
>>27596540
>17 and a half years old

underage reported
>>
File: dominosneet.png (184 KB, 420x470) Image search: [Google]
dominosneet.png
184 KB, 420x470
I played video games, watched anime and browsed the internet all day. 7 years later and nothing has changed except for my new house and Daddy.
>>
Fuck if I remember. I just recall being 16 and finding vaporwave in the summer and then I was 18 and was in lower Manhatten. 17 is completely blurred.
>>
i was busy developing an opiate dependency
>>
Joining a drum and bugle corps to delay my suicide. Trying to convince this nerdy qt3.14 who's had a crush on me for years to leave me alone because I was a terrible person. Eventually getting my shit together and getting into a uni with almost no out of pocket.
>>
Browsing 4chan in the back of the classroom on my laptop and getting stoned with my friends.
>>
>>27596586
Pretty much this. My life hasn't changed much since then, but I guess I had more "friends" at uni because my fear of being alone was stronger than my disgust towards them. I eventually stopped caring.
>>
>>27596540
I was less lonely, I still had hope.
>>
In my room being a NEET playing Pokemon and not going to school.

Also just started on 4chan.

Not much has changed in 3 and half years.
>>
>>27596687
dude same here. I started shooting heroin a month before I turned 17 (first opiate I started with)
>>
Haha I got dumped by my gf from 9th grade who left me for some other dude and they'd do Meth and fuck I had no friends and that's when I realized what an edgelord faggot I was and how socially retarded I was and that I wasted my whole hs experience then I started drinking and acting like a loser decided not to go to college cause I decided I wanted to experience what I didn't it didn't work I'm trying though and it's been exponentially better
>>
File: 1459403943028.jpg (31 KB, 574x762) Image search: [Google]
1459403943028.jpg
31 KB, 574x762
>>27596540
i had a gf, was a full blown heroin addict, and worked night shifts at restaurants, and lived with mommy and daddy. i miss the gf part. living on my own is very nice though.
>>
>>27596821
i was a child of dilaudid and methadone, but i worked my way up to h
>>
File: 1456880799485.jpg (656 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1456880799485.jpg
656 KB, 2048x1536
I could hold a conversation and make people laugh.
>>
>>27596887
Why can't you do it now?
>>
>>27596561
well senpai, are you?
>>
One of my lowest points.
Went back to high school after dropping for one year, so i finished at my 19.
Depressed shit playing wow all night untill school hours then back to sleep
>>
>>27596915
The skills just disappeared sometime when I was 20 overnight.
>>
>>27596540
was working my ass off 9.5 hours a day 6 days a week being paid below min wage at a thai resteraunt where the chef spoke only broken english. Thats pretty much all I did besides be depressed.
>>
World of Warcraft

My life from age 15 to 19 was figuratively Wirld of Warcraft.

I slept for 5 hours, went to school, then played WoW till it was time to sleep again.

No regrets.
>>
File: 1455297073869.jpg (91 KB, 650x758) Image search: [Google]
1455297073869.jpg
91 KB, 650x758
there were things i thought i wanted to do and things i thought i might like and people i thought i could tolerate
>>
>>27596943
>only dropping out for a year
try 4 years
>>
>>27596955
Idk youbdid it once you could do it again why not?
>>
I was shitposting on MySpace and in AIM chatrooms.
>>
going through 2g of bud a day to mask my developing depression
>>
File: 1379693767488.jpg (34 KB, 400x304) Image search: [Google]
1379693767488.jpg
34 KB, 400x304
>>27596687
>>27596821
>>27596824
>meth and heroin at age 17
>>
I was still naive and thinking that I could fit in. But it was still a lot more better and fun
>>
>>27597126
depression is a wild beast, anon
these arent drugs people do to be cool
>>
>>27597229
>doing meth ever
why can't you just smoke the herbal and drink alcohol like everyone else
>>
>>27597029
tell me what happened, friend.

In my case i was so depressed that i manifested chronic insomnia, refusing to take pills at the time, eventually i couldn't wake up anymore and i just lay down in bed all day and night without sleeping.
Then i proceeded to play wow 12 hours and sleep 12 hours once i dropped.
>>
>>27596540
homestuck nigga vriska is my waifu
>>
>>27597270
insanely intense euphoria
>>
File: bestgirl.gif (10 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.gif
10 KB, 700x500
>>27597276
>wanting to fuck the trolls
>>
>>27597297
what is it like? Is it like taking a dozen adderall?
>>
>>27597304
>not wanting to fuck the trolls
kek pussy
>>
>>27596652
I played video games, watched anime and browsed the internet all day.

Pretty much that, except I watched the news a lot too.

Not much has changed in 11 years, except I have a worthless degree now and I feel tfw no gf a little harder sometimes.
>>
>>27597322
i've only done meth twice, but both times my entire fucking body just felt like it was floating. it felt like every muscle and all my blood were neon coloured and i could feel every tiny movement. i would flap my arms like wings and jitter my legs just to feel it. also like the most insane energy i could ever ask for. i dont remember the comedown, but my jaw hurt for like 3 days after because of grinding my teeth.

if you wanna try something that's like a low dose of meth, get a benzedrex inhaler at a drug store for like $5. take 1 or 2, soak the cotton inside in a drink for like a day, then go wild. it's pretty nice
>>
i was in a wheelchair with both hip broken, only got out of the chair after two and a half years later
>>
>>27597372
Got a strong desire to do that.
Chance of a first timer fucking his shit up doing that inhaler shit?
>>
>>27596540
>fit
>champion fighter
>six pack
>ivy league acceptance
Then the voices came...
>>
>>27597273
>15
>sleeping problems
>hated the people at school
>only friend moved away
>depressed
>bullied
>start not leaving my room
>going out becomes very rare
>parents work
>siblings go to school
>no problems with family
>just hate the outside world
Dropped out, parents enabled it I guess, watch tv/play vidya/anime/read/music

Try to go out to do school for periods over the next 4 years, but I end up going back into my room after a few months, happens like 4 times.

Start on 4chan when I was 17.

>now nearly 21
Started going out again last year, only 2 days a week for courses, it's kind of sticking. Even made a friend after 6 years.

Still feel like I'm not doing anything.
>>
>>27597435
you'll fuck your shit up in a good way. i'd start off with one though, at least if you dont do a lot of stims.
just make sure you soak it in like pepsi or lemon juice for about a day before. dont eat the cotton

the drink might taste like shit but it's a safe and really fun high
>>
>>27596540 a lot better
>>
>>27597126
Meth is getting pretty big brudder I live in LA County and also was 17 curious and younger I know what I want now it's not bs like that I could get why people like it though
>>
>>27597474
Thanks for sharing.
Hope things get better for you, gotta keep trying
>>
>>27597350
>not fucking the felt
imagine all the time shenanigans desu
>>
I was spending my best time on the internet playing vidya with my online bros from /v/. I had no life to speak of.

Since then, I've been getting more abd more normie and stopped going online. I really dislike my current normie life but I'm not sure why.
>>
There was no one who wanted to talk to me, there was no one I wanted to talk to, there was nothing I wanted to do, and dad was dying.
Escapism worked a bit better, though.
>>
>>27596540
WORRYING ABOUT
YOUR MOTHER FINDING OUT
WHERE'S THE FUN IN DOING WHAT YOU'RE TOLD?
>>
>>27596540
Just like your pic I was institutionalized in a psych ward and was addicted to meds to ease the pain and dull the boredom. I had no friends in this place at that age and I wanted to off myself everyday.
>>
>be 17 and a half years old
>girl in paralel class likes you, she's sitting in front row, turning her head, you jokingly lift your eyebrows and she smiles at you
>mutual friend introduces her to you
>you contain spaghetti while hanging out with her
>playfully stroke her back, hold hands, wrap your arm around her, it all "just happens" as the normies say
>go out with her to starbucks
>first_date_ever.exe
>be nervous, forget pin code, borrow money from mom instead, embarassed af
>two days later decide that I'm too much of a sperg to actually go through with this
>ignore her for the rest of the schoolyear
>never see her again

Now I'm 24 and a khv.
>>
Had a gf, got stoned with friends, did mdma in raves
>>
>>27596540
Hadn't had friends since middle school and was considering an heroing. Pretty much the same still.
>>
>>27596540
It was the best years of my life.
> Half way through college (Britbong).
> Spent a few hours of my ample free time each day playing vanilla WoW with 2 friends.
> Every weekend we would throw house parties, lots of people would turn up and we'd all have a great time.
> Meeting new girls was easy, we had around half a dozen girls in our friendship group and 4 of them wanted to sleep with me.
>
>>
>17.5 -
> dad says hes moving in with new Girlfriend
> you can't come with
> To stay here you have to live with someone else
> move in with mates parents
> they hate me
> they say I'm a lazy bastard who is a bad infulence in their perfect son
> 6 months later - Parents tell dad, at New years he can't live here
> dad comes and grabs my stuff
> "why are we leaving dad?
> they don't want you here
> you should of done more with your life
> you have 2 months to get into University and leave my life
> I'm proud of you son
>>
Lonelier than now. But I was smarter and more motivated. Always reading and shit.
>>
>>27596540
10 years ago

Spent all night on WoW and 4chan

Spent all day smoking weed and listening to music at a lake near my school and watching goats walk around in the farmers field nearby, almost never went to class except for tests.
>>
>>27596540
It was perfect
I was dating my oneitis whilst living a four minute cycle from her house
We spent everyday together for a year and a half

Now I'm 20, I've been alone since her, and she's engaged
>>
It was shit. I was friendless, ugly and spent my time at home playing pokemon competitively.
Well I did have some pretty awesome online friends, I guess. I hope they are doing great. Used to do crossfit, too. I learnt a lot of things, like muscles are not as attractive to girls as I thought.
>>
>>27599419
I can't remember the last time I read a book.
>>
>>27596540
Same as it were 6 years ago, bloody miserable
>>
I'm there right now.

My biggest problem is that I'm homeschooled, but I do have some friends and I'm okay at guitar and tennis. Kissless virgin just because I dont know many girls, even though I'm pretty attractive.

I don't even know how I could change that at this point either. I'll probably do cross country or something over the fall my senior year just to meet more people.

Pls no ban
>>
File: 2d4.png (13 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
2d4.png
13 KB, 560x407
>>27596540
Psych ward I think. That was a long time ago m79
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.