[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey r9k Can someone please just talk to me Nobody is talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
File: vent.png (364 KB, 1400x900) Image search: [Google]
vent.png
364 KB, 1400x900
Hey r9k
Can someone please just talk to me

Nobody is talking to be on facebook or replying to any of my texts.
I feel abandoned and fucked up
Can someone please just talk to me
>>
>>27596468
Im trying but it looks like Im not original enough to find a way to say hi
>>
File: don-draper-smoking.jpg (16 KB, 280x400) Image search: [Google]
don-draper-smoking.jpg
16 KB, 280x400
Post your skype I'll talk to you for 10 minutes after I add you. Mic only.
>>
>>27596494
im struggling to find a way to say thanks
>>
>>27596511
if only, fucking alpha normie housemate just got home
>>
>>27596513
Hey, look at me, I found a way to say you're welcome
>>
>>27596529
fuck we're a pair of socially inept creatures
>>
File: 5ba.jpg (159 KB, 1000x1502) Image search: [Google]
5ba.jpg
159 KB, 1000x1502
>>27596468

Obey them voices and just kill yourself. You can fool yourself into thinking you're happy, but deep down, you know that's a lie. Why delay the inevitable? People will give you more attention after you're dead and you'll no longer feel this way. It's a win-win.
>>
>>27596549
is that why Im out of original things to say?
>>
>>27596572
>implying i think im happy
The only reason im still alive is because i lack the testicular fortitude to kill myself
>>
>>27596592
probably
maybe
fuck
dude i dont know
im fucking sperging out because people are acknoledging my existence
>>
>>27596609
Its a nice, original thing, isn't it?
>>
>>27596647
first time in months
vidya doesnt even help anymore because i dont give enough fucks to try and when i lose everyone just tells me how bad i suck

i want drugs
>>
>>27596713
You should try a more comfy game than all those competitive games. Those just piss you off even more. Fuck them
>>
>>27596759
i would play something chill like Harvest moon or something like that
but i dont really have the patience i guess

im numb and alone and if i talk to any real human face to face, they just tell me to go to a hospital and get diagnosed. knowing fully well that ill have a panic attack
>>
Give a visit to Dr Ugs, he'll help you out
>>
>>27596923
I smoked an ounce of weed in like a week
still feel nothing
>>
>>27596468
Me too mang. I'm in my mid 20s and everyone of my friends are some of the worse flakes I have ever encountered in my life. They ether work themselves to death, and have zero time off to really even catch up. Or they are always looking to get drunk or chill with there gfs constantly. I seriously hang out with only one bro now and never that often.
>>
Hey, kid.

I'm good for conversations about literature, philosophy, theology, and biomedical engineering. I have two cats and a dog, and would like to be a medical illustrator when I grow up.

What do you do/like?
>>
>>27597027
I go to "uni" (I call it uni, but its vocational education, doing a course in Game Art and Animation) 3 days a week and the rest i sit at home and do my very best to talk to people, better myself and not be such a fucking sack of shit. but it kinda all just hit me at once today
>>
>>27596593

That's the great thing about suicide, it doesn't require testicular fortitude at all. Don't over think it, it would be over in less than five minutes. Any pain you feel will just blend into the growing darkness than surrounds you until it becomes a blissful ringing in your face and ears that disappears as you go gently into the night with dignity. One last thread and by the time you get one or two posts, it will be all over. No more pain. No more suffering. Just nothingness.
>>
>>27597079
*biochem

Stupid autocorrect.
>>
>>27597081
Idk man I don't really think contributing to society is that big of deal. And dosnt make you a shitty person if you don't. Some of the most successful people in my life have also been the shittest
>>
>>27597079

>I'm a loser who gets high on their own supply and falsely believes I'm interesting

Ftfy
>>
>>27597131
I think people are hardwired, even robots, to want to contribute to society or at least feel as though we ought to even if it does have no benifit to us. I think that's why all the neets hate themselves so much partly
>>
>>27596840
Shit man, that sounds originally frustrating
>>
>>27597081
Uni? Are you in the UK? I'm from Texas.

What do you want to do after school? I have many friends in similar majors-- the ones with the best chances for life after graduation have specialized skills. Everybody and their uncle wants to be a game designer, but being great at rigging or the latest edition of ProTools will keep you in money and jobs.

What is your favorite part of school? What is your favorite art medium? I like ink best. Graphite and oil pastels are also good.
>>
>>27597084
>date] [Auto] 2 new posts
the one great thing about everyone that preaches about suicide is that you know they are all full of shit, because if you really believed what you're saying you'd be dead already.
>>
>>27597079
Im an artist (lowercase "a" because im not a convoluted self centered sack of ego)
I do vocational education
I have no pets, although i really want a Shingleback Skink
Im somewhat knowledgeable about religion, have read the Bible (and by extension the Torah) and the Qu'ran.

>>27597084
Do you know what testicular fortitude means?
>>
>>27597160
Oooh where in TX? I used to live there
>>
>>27597169
Pets most definitely help with the isolation.
>>
>>27597149
Nope, thc has a side effect of absolutely ruining my short-term memory with me, and I have no interest in the hard stuff.

I just substitute books and art for human interaction. I'm not actually very interesting as a person, just a very disorganized rolodex of everything I've read for the past few years. I think the the things I read are pretty interesting.
>>
>>27596468
sure, what methods of contact do you have?
>>
>>27597160
Im in Australia
I honestly have no idea what i want to do when i graduate. Art is my only real passion and design as a concept doesnt really interest me. (I did a course on games design and yeah there is a difference)
I like modelling and asset creation as a whole. That is interesting to me.

As for mediums, i havent done traditional art since i was a kid, and even then the furthest id delved into that was textas (Australia lingo for markers pretty much)
>>
>>27596468

>Nobody is talking to be on facebook or replying to any of my texts.

At least you have the courage to attempt to talk to someone online. I lost that a while ago. I've never had someone's phone number in my life and I've never had a conversion over social media.

>I feel abandoned and fucked up
Me too

Not saying your problems are irrelevant or less important at all by the way.
>>
File: kyawippaint.png (696 KB, 1824x3000) Image search: [Google]
kyawippaint.png
696 KB, 1824x3000
>>27597160
I didnt elaborate on mediums enough i feel. I do digital art. Pic related was a vent art thing i did ages ago
>>
>>27597212
not that anon but can i see anything you've made?
>>
>>27597164

I'm a winner, my friend. I have no interest ending my winning streak, but if I ever found myself in OP's position, I'd kill myself.

>>27597169

Balls. You don't need balls to carry out a task that takes less than 5 minutes.
>>
File: kyapaintprocess3.png (716 KB, 1824x3000) Image search: [Google]
kyapaintprocess3.png
716 KB, 1824x3000
>>27597258
i fucked up the post but this is a piece i did
>>
>>27597197

>grows weed
>deludes themselves into thinking they're a biochemical engineer

I reiterate: You are a loser.
>>
>>27597169
It's good to keep that artistic ego down. Arrogant pricks are bad at taking concrit and coming up with sane editing metrics. What is your favored way to make art? What is a new style you're just trying out?

How long do you have left in school?

Skinks are awesome. Herps in general are great. People talk a big game about only empathizing with mammals, but both of the snakes I have owned were very affectionate. They have to live with a friend for now because my current housing won't accept "exotics". Exotics, my ass. They're corn snakes. Very common around here.

>>27597176
Dallas. I go to UTD, where a good half of the artist population is in ATEC just like OP. (Arts and tech.) Good kids, but they would be better served with a fraction of their ambition and more practical skills. For my part, I'll eat with front end web design until a textbook company thinks my portfolio is hireable.
>>
>>27596997
my last bag i smoked a half o in 12 hours (this is after 5 days no smoke)
just to see why i enjoyed smoking it for so long
decided i wanted lucidity more now because i was high every minute of every day for so long
>>
hi op wanna cuddle I am a guy my skype is snnd100
>>
>>27597311
Holy shit, I almost went there. Damnnn
>>
>>27597169
Sorry, I forgot to lead up on the theology answer. I find the social effects of Christianity and Islam on culture to be super interesting, and the texts themselves are these bizzarely complex time capsules that are really fun to parse. The Quaran, in its relatively pristine and intact state, and the Judeo-Christian canon with its welter of editing both have different and important glimpses into past and current culture. I read a short article for a phil group this next week that you might like:
http://www.aei.org/publication/the-post-protestant-ethic-and-spirit-of-america/
>>
>>27597311
Ive been trying my hand at digital painting lately as opposed to just lineart and colouring in

I only left hs last year, literally finished hs and moved interstate at first oppourtunity
Yeah i love Skinks, plus Shinglebacks and blue-tongues in general are native here so its not really a huge deal if i were to own one, but no pets in current housing

>>27597332
I was high every second of every day for a couple of months at one point and it resulted in me getting robbed of over $2000 worth of belongings by someone i used to call my best friend
>>
>>27597414
I just find the way that people take the books literally to be fucking retarded.
And the way that there is such a hate between the religions is even more retarded.
Its all the one deity. Mohammed was a Christian and Jesus was a Jew.

I read the books as cautionary tales, just like they are meant to be read. They are moral guides to being a good person, sure some of the shit needs to be updated (man shall not lay with man etc) but fuck. The things are literally the original fairytales
>>
>>27597212
I know that you said you don't like design, but building 3d illustrative models could still be applicable in a few fields. Mine, for example. Unfortunately heavy on the design and technical writing aspect, but you can't just get a job doing only the things you love, right?

A fun and cheap medium to fuck with is shoe polish. It sounds weird, but the textures and thin layers of translucency you get right out of the tin are great to work with. It only gets more fun when you experiment with added oils.
>>
>>27597421
that sucks,
i never had any friends so i was safe
just sat in my basement sublimating honey oil endlessly, sometimes go on mushroom binges for a few days the weed would give me flash backs for a while after those
for years
listening to music and looking at weird shit on internet
im done now thou i realized that what i was always reaching for was full immersion in reality and the drugs made it hard for me to focus on reality
>>
>>27597278
Your stylized shading is probably a stylistic choice, but you might want to consider working your forms around a sketched realistic skeletal frame. Also consider the virtues of subtle color desaturation. Mix color wheel opposites in unbalanced ratios to get complex and interesting colors. Fire-engine red is a legitimate choice, but consider steering away from a full-on primary color palette.

>>27597289
Oh, you. I don't smoke, much less grow. I am also emphatically not a biochemical engineer, but it's a small obsession of mine. I fully use my Jstor privileges to get over price barriers with research papers not related to homework.
>>
>>27597535
i meant i did that routine for years not flash backs for years*
worded that confusingly
>>
>>27597421
Digital free-handing is a brave move. What tablet do you have/covet?

I'm vicariously excited about your future skink ownership. Any names picked out?
>>
>>27597486
3d printing is an upcoming technology, i mean, im sure i could always do some 3d printing shit when a 3d printing heavy industry comes around

>>27597538
The shading was done without reference so yeah i can imagine that there is a lot of work that could be done, but thats also my first actual paint job too so i think it turned out ok all things considering
>>
>>27597563
i have an intous pro medium

as for names for my future skink, i was thinking Toothless (because im a huge disney nerd among other things, but this name only applies if i was to get a really dark skink) OR Solitude (nicknamed Sol, because i heard the name somewhere and it sounded cool and really appropriate considering the reasons behind getting a pet)
>>
>>27596468
post skype and we'll chat if you feel like it, no mic though
>>
>>27597461
I know, right? Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all come from stem sources and social contexts, but I'm sorry to tell you that the reason for hate is real.

So: Christianity, everyone's favorite (by the statistical numbers) apocalyptic death cult, had to leave its' parents' house (Judaism) in a whirlwind of angry theology for a few actually pretty good reasons. Firstly, they were a baby cult and had to differentiate themselves from the main branch with strict boundaries. Secondly, much of their canon of prophecy was lifted from the Jewish scriptures to gain a semblance of tradition and authority, but their interpretations of the holy texts were pretty bogus (check out how they read Isaiah for a good laugh), so there were some understandably hard feelings from the Jewish side. Thirdly, we have the fact that the definitive version of Christianity that went global, Paulean theology, totally threw the Jews under the bus at any time it could be worked in conceptually. This let them catch on with the Gentiles and become a truly evangelical religion, which let them spread throughout the western world on the back of Augustine, but the Jews were once again understandably annoyed.

As for Islam and Judeo-Christianity, the view of divinity and its relation to mankind was too heretical from the view of both sides for there to not be explosions. Also huge land disputes over holy sites have done nothing to help this.
>>
>>27597588
Nice!! I like 3d printing a lot. Trying to pick a con costume for next year that uses printing as its focal point. I considered the newest Disney process Kylo Ren for a bit, because any excuse to have a lightsaber is great and doing the mask faithfully looks complicated, but the boyfriend is so far refusing to be Hux. So I'm still thinking about it. (Would you dye your hair ginger if you were in such a position?)

Do you have Maya experience? It's a great software for rendering stl files for printing. Extruding ai files some path lines in them in Maya is pretty easy and can make for some detailed flat pieces. Hello free model kits for life.

I had no idea it was your first digital painting! Very good, then.
>>
>>27597612
Hehe, Sol. I like it. It's a name with character.
>>
>>27597704
true true

As far as land disputes go, the one that immediatly comes to mind is Palestine/Israel
Muslims claim that Abraham promised them the land, and The Jews claim the same, they completely throw out the fact that Abraham promised the land to his 12 (or was it 11? i forget but whatever) kids to share, one of which was an ancestor of Mohammed. Another was an ancestor of Moses i believe, or some other Judaistic holy shaman man.

The founding Israelis (David Ben-Gurion and Golda Meir to name a few) were heavy handed cuntlords who denied an entire religion from visiting one of their most holy sites and denying the fact that a certain countryman even existed to (loosely) quote Golda Meir and im not fucking around here "There is no such thing as Palestine...Palestinians do not exist"

>>27597817
Noice
Maya is the only 3d modelling tool ive ever touched.
>>
>>27597866
In 1969, Israel's prime minister Golda Meir astonished the world with this: "It was not as if there was a Palestinian people in Palestine and we came and threw them out and took their country away from them," she said. "They did not exist."
>>
>>27597866
I know. It's a fascinating, endless well of shitbaggery and repression. I like mythology because that well of shitbaggery has everything to do with the way our society formed, which in its turn was the basis for how we view reality, whether we accept it or adopt some level of contrarianism in defense.

Existentialism, as an example, had lasting and strong effects on modern western philosophy. It primarily formed as an angry social response to Calvinism. Oh those crazy, bitchy Protestants.

I would definitely recommend checking out Mud Box. If you're a friend of Photoshop, you will find the controls somewhat intuitive.
>>
>>27597975
aahhh nice

Ive heard of Mudbox, but isnt that mainly for super high poly shit that cant really be used in game engines? Like ive used Zbrush, but it completely slipped my mind before, but ive always assumed that Mudbox and Zbrush were essentially the same thing, only that Zbrush was the industry standard tool
>>
>>27598023
Yes, Mudbox is for hilariously high-poly bullshit, but I'm personally not going to enter the game industry, and I always recommend it because it is my favorite thing. I'm sure that you'll want to use a high-poly model for some reason eventually, and the interface is great.
>>
>>27597538
>Your stylized shading is probably a stylistic choice
I know for a fact it's not. They just suck at art.
>>
>>27598202
it was my first attempt cunt. give me some fucking slack

>>27598166
Yeah, its digital sculpting, not modelling haha. Essentially same shit but yeah, minor discrepancies
>>
>>27598202
Now, it is his first tablet scribble. Don't be mean.

I know you want to look like a hardass, but principle of charity and all that.
>>
>>27598291
Aye. I personally prefer it, but Maya is also a fine system.
>>
>>27598319
It wasnt my "first tablet scribble" it was my first attempt at a digital painting, you dont have to be an ass. You could just say something along the lines "could use some improvement in x area", but instead you just said i suck. you know you have to train at shit to get gud right?
>>
>>27598338
Yeah fair enough
>>
>>27598393
>>27598291
And? I'll hazard that you started off with vaguely anime influenced busts, took a year or more to gather the fortitude to do full body anything, now you feel your geometric style shading is okay until you see anything done with a modicum of skill. It will be years before you ever feel comfortable doing any character in motion, the stagnation of your characters all being in static and most likely similar poses causing you great distress.
>>
>>27598408
Well, it's four in the morning in Dallas. I need to get some sleep.

Good night, fellow traveller.
>>
File: Dopple.png (2 MB, 5000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Dopple.png
2 MB, 5000x3000
>>27598516
i started off with more western style outlines, been doing fullbody shit since i got serious about art, which was late 2014 (only got my tablet in september 2015)
Been experimenting with different styles of both drawing and shading to find what is most effective and to develop my own style

and unless you can show some of your work, say how long youve been doing it for, then you can get fucked

pic is my most recent paint and it isnt done yet
>>
>>27598625
>unless you can show some of your work, say how long youve been doing it for, then you can get fucked
>Unless you do the thing I do, you simply cannot critique it
You are quite literally the same as an LGBBQWTF trans otherkin who feels outsiders simply cannot have opinions or views.

Also, the one you posted literally looks like Wojack. Also, her arse is at the front, seemingly. We only call it a frontbutt to be funny.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.