[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make and keep online friends? I always run out of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: dozer.png (706 KB, 1539x1124) Image search: [Google]
dozer.png
706 KB, 1539x1124
How do you make and keep online friends?

I always run out of things to say within a few days and then I freak out and delete them out of fear.
>>
don't even bother, they'll never be a satisfying relationship
>>
>>27595294
It's something like that for me too but without
>then I freak out and delete them out of fear.
You are a pretty weird man.
>>
that's like asking how do you keep a pet and then telling us you get pets and then take them back to the shelter. point being, you don't really want online friends.
>>
>>27595462
>>27595483
I get scared that I'm boring them and wasting their time, so I leave.
>>
>>27595483
that's a really, really dumb analogy
>>
I've been part of a vbulliten forum for about 5 years, pretty small community of less than 100 regular users but still active. Had a few people I considered friends.

I stopped going about a month ago. I don't know why, I just didn't log in one day and I don't really miss them. It was the only regular social contact I've had since highschool other than family.

I feel empty.
>>
>>27595506
the closest thing I can to advice is that if your friendship is based on deep personal conversations, you're gonna second-guess yourself constantly and eventually run out of things to say.

but if it's just talking about shared interests, like movies or games, it is less complicated and could last longer.
>>
try to be friends with someone
fall in love
euthanize me pls
>>
Does anyone want to add me on kik? I have no friends
>>
>>27595680
You aren't actually falling in love, you just think it's love.
>>
Post your steam senpai.
>>
>>27595948
yea?
one of them actually told me that they love me
>>
>>27596023
Well then what's the fuckin problem?
>>
>>27596036
i dont lobe them ;-;
it did give me a boner tho
whatever that means
>>
>>27595294
I have this one girl I talk to, occasionally. We used to play cs:go together, but my computer went to shit. So we stopped talking as much.

(Also she's suicidal and depressed as fuck cause family and shit, so it always kills me to pep talk her, evendors though I know she's just a little closer to ending it.)
But yeah, she's a pretty cool Internet friend
>>
lern2human interaction
lern2not be a fucking colossal faggot
>>
>>27596155
>lern2human interaction
how?
>>
>>27596169
First off, try just being yourself.
>>
File: BYgmMHb.gif (30 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
BYgmMHb.gif
30 KB, 914x1091
>>27595294
1) Keep talking
2) Do things together
3) Don't delete them
4) Just bee urself

If they get bored of you or think you're wasting their time then let them remove you. That just means they're a shit friend anyway.
>>
>>27595432
That's retarded.
>>27595294
Deleting them is where you go wrong, that's such a massive faggot move tbqh.
Keeping depends whether you and the friend have alot in common you can talk about and games / shows shit like that you can talk about.
I have known 2 friends for a few years now and i have almost never played games with them, only talk every single day for a few hours and i consider them to be one of the best people i ever met.
>>
>>27596666
>That's retarded.
No, he's right. The same applies to real life friends as well. No other person will be able to give you the companionship that you desire. Humans are fundamentally disconnected and no two people's conscious experiences are close enough for them to relate on any level beyond the superficial. You can talk about the weather and get jobs done, or spout bogus philosophies and feel deep, but ultimately everyone is alone in their own head.
>>
>>27596832
That's probably why you want to kill yourself when you distance yourself from your friends and just mask it by saying shit like that.
>>
>>27597092
What? My friends were annoying. I stopped talking to them on purpose.
>>
Because I dont freak out and delete them out of fear.

Longest online friend is 2008, next one is 2009.
>>
online friends are the best if you play with them or talk to them only once every 3-5 months
>>
>>27595660
You feel empty, so you miss them.
>>
I constantly see these threads and nobody will post their info because they think nobody will add them.

JUST POST YOUR SHIT, SEE WHO ADDS YOU.
>>
File: 1433062713955.jpg (14 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1433062713955.jpg
14 KB, 480x480
>>27597314
There's a reason why. A lot of people here are creepy.

There's this trans person who adds everyone they think is 'cute' and then trashtalks them behind their back.
>>
here goes a throwaway email address if anyone wants to talk to me. I have no friends but I'm not interested in ERP or anything thanks
>>
>>27597314
I do pretty much all of my online interaction anonymously for a reason
>>
I'm someone who does almost exactly what OP does, but the other anon raises a good point.

Kik: just.someguy4
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.