[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I make friends? I can't figure it out, I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 4c3665_4032869.jpg (351 KB, 1280x3600) Image search: [Google]
4c3665_4032869.jpg
351 KB, 1280x3600
How the fuck do I make friends? I can't figure it out, I don't get it at all. Do I just walk up to them and start chatting?
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 352x240
Step 1: Post your Skype in this thread
>>
Step 2 : Listen to Oui
>>
You don't even have to do that much, people will walk up to you and make small conversation about whatever dumb shit, you just have to not ignore them and actually keep a conversation.
>>
step 1: make a tinder profile
step 2: offer girls free drugs to hang out with you
step 3: go to jail for being a degenerate loser
step 4: become friend to the d with your new cell mate bubba
>>
>>27591701
how I imagine a conversation of robots:

>anon1: hi
>anon2: hi
>anon1 has disconnected
>anon2 has disconnected
>>
>>27591774
>keep a conversation.

>robot
>conversation
>>
>tfw can only make friends with males over the internet
>tfw they only chat/bother with you because they wnt sum fuk
it's so fucking lonely to know your only friends are only putting up a front when they are being nice to you
>>
post your steam id or skype, let's be friends
>>
>>27591701
>op asks how to make friends
>first reply already supposes it's online 'friends'

god save us
>>
>>27591701
Online friends are not real friends
>>
File: 1407788907336.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1407788907336.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
How does small talk work?
What are you supposed to talk about?
How do you keep a conversation going?

I can talk about school or work stuff just fine, and I can go on and on about something I'm really interested in, but small talk completely eludes me.
>>
>>27591780

Just use Plenty of Fish if you want to fuck. You need a fucking Facebook for Tinder and most anons hate Zuckerberg
>>
https://discordapp.com/channels/166005503888064514/166005503888064514

Discord channel for robots. Let's practise socializing, robots.
>>
File: 1448853556604.jpg (67 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1448853556604.jpg
67 KB, 633x758
>>27591996
Small talk almost never leads anywhere beyond small talk for me, I don't know how normies actually form deep bonds, nobody cares to know anything about me or bothers trying to get to know me even when I put my utmost effort into trying to make friends. I really want to be there for someone, I want to be their friend and listen to them and relate to them but they always shut me off.

The world is so harsh, I just can't get by.
>>
>>27592060
What the fuck is with all these fucking apps all of a sudden

I stop paying attention to tech "news" for a few years and it feels like literally everything did a 180 in that time.

Anyone remember when /r9k/ would have regular IRC chats? Those were the fucking days.

Anyone up for IRC?
>>
>>27591968
Online friends can be just as friends as irl...
>>
>>27592068
Small talk is more about sending good vibes to the other person, not really getting anywhere.
>>
>>27592087
No they can't it's just not the same. I've had real friends in high school and they are a hundred thousand times better than meaningless online friends.
>>
>>27591780
This will work if you are an attractive robot, I don't fuck with drugs anymore so I have to put in work.
>>
>>27592097
I know but small talk is the closest I can ever seem to get to people, when I try to hang out and get to know others better they're always busy or making excuses.

I mean I'm not an interesting person anyway, it's no wonder. I don't go to parties, I listen to weird music, I don't play sports or smoke weed, I don't have any experience with women. I'm fucking worthless. It's no wonder nobody wants to be my friend.
>>
>>27592087
they can be friends, but bounds formed with irl friends are much more faster and can be much stronger than with someone you don't even see its face
>>
>>27592060
>>27592083
https://qchat.rizon.net/
#r9knightchat

get in here guys
>>
>>27591780
I don't have drugs
>>
>>27591996
Small talk is just there so people can figure out if the person they are talking to isn't nuts. Once you get pleasantries about the weather and shit out of the way, you can ask questions about each other and hopefully find common ground (possibly become friends).

If you don't care about making a stranger feel a bit more comfortable or making friends with that particular person, skip the small talk. Small talk is pointless with strangers you don't care about.
>>
File: newman2.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
newman2.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
pretty much. I met some great people by going to a pool hall every weekend. We eventually hung out and even they helped me find work and a place to stay during hard times.

One of the few people I would consider real friends, since everyone else used and abandoned me.
>>
>>27593162
*some of the few people
>>
>>27591918
>can only make friends with males over the internet
Why do you think you don't relate to other women?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.