[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you make it to the end? Video shows what life is like with Autism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: not-a-disease.jpg (49 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
not-a-disease.jpg
49 KB, 480x480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr4_dOorquQ
>>
>>27591566
Why do normies have to add sound effects and people's faces to everything? Completely misses the point & was probably made by some roastie film major. 0/10
>>
>>27591610
Because it's spooky
>>
>>27591566
Who noticed the eyes move at 0:24?

Also, who can confirm this is what autism is like? I've never experienced anything like what the video depicted.
>>
Autism should be cured and shouldn't be considered a 'gift'. It causes enormous lifelong problems for people affected by it, and the vast majority are never able to hold normal, steady jobs or live independently. The ones who can almost never get married or enter relationships.

It affects your ability to socially interact with other people, which is what separates us from animals. It makes you a defective human being, but you're not so retarded that you don't realize what's wrong. Autism should absolutely be cured if at all possible, and I'd jump at the chance.

t. diagnosed autist
>>
>>27591566
autism more like dementia
>>
>>27591566
Oh, and happy World Autism Day to all us robots, I guess.
>>
>>27591566

autists have super senses like daredevil?
>>
>>27591566
>the nigger jumpscare
kek
>>
>>27591650
This is more like a bad trip
>>
IM NOT NAUGHTY IM AUTISTIC
>>
>>27591721
totally agree with this.
idk maybe autism is just one long bad trip :/
>tfw not autist
>>
>>27591566
This is what severe autism feels like, I'm sure

I feel this but on a way toned down level because I'm somewhere between mildly and moderately autistic. This video was impressionistic of course, I get that, but for most people on the spectrum, it isn't that bad where they freak out, it's just bad enough to make you be on edge as fuck and have to focus and push on through until you get out of this cluster funk bullshit of a mall and get to breathe sweet freedom

Either way, going out in public is very rarely fun, even for those low on the spectrum
>>
This is an autism test in itself.

If you don't understand this is symbolic and not literal, you have autism.
>>
No, this summarizes it pretty well. It's sensory overload.

Certain things trigger an immense response which the brain over-reacts to. As a result, the brain, or at least mine, takes like 500 photos and 500 audial tones of any face, event, or intrusive, harsh sound.

When he was counting, it was the only solace he could give himself. Just look at the fingers rhythmically increasing by 1 each unit of time. It's soothing. Balloons rubbing together or flashy lights from a photo booth is not. I think even my brethren here can understand this. Maybe not to the extent that you flail your arms to try to get rid of the overload, but enough so that the vid is relatable and that it's not a surprise it exists.
>>
>>27592117
>tfw i failed
FUCK
>>
>>27591566
This is no where even fucking like autism

These are fucking normies being faggots and giving everyone a different view of it
>>
>>27592165
I get that overload but I find it funny that it's all so chaotic. If it is too much I get nervous I just have to smoke. Am I autistic or is this normal?
>>
>>27591566
>Video shows what life is like with Autism
No it doesn't. There's no zoom/enhance effect, it's more like everything is in-focus at the same time, like you're staring at a swarm of ants except it's your whole field of vision. And it also seems like everyone is staring at you, but that could be more anxiety than autism.
>>
>>27592330
>Am I autistic or is this normal?
I'm wondering the same thing. Apart from hating loud noises I have never experienced anything like what's in the video, but I consider myself autistic as fuck. Never been diagnosed though, so maybe I'm just... Internet autistic?
>>
>>27591610
dramatization so you autists can actually understand what emotion is trying to be convoyed instead of being clueless throughout and call the director out for not being autistic enough for your taste
>>
>>27592416
>And it also seems like everyone is staring at you

isn't that sensory ogreload though?
>>
>>27592330
>>27592424
Remember, it's all a spectrum.

Maybe you just take 50 photos of each sound, event or face. Maybe you can filter all those sounds out. Those of us who get extreme cannot, and we literally take in anything and everything that is around us.
>>
>>27591566
lol he runs away from the black guy
>>
>>27591566
You'd think with this much information fucking up his brain, taxes would probably end up causing him to have an aneurysm so hard his head would explode.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.