[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /existential crisis/ here? What's the point of life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: Old-man-photo-by-Ahmet-Demirel.jpg (47 KB, 615x345) Image search: [Google]
Old-man-photo-by-Ahmet-Demirel.jpg
47 KB, 615x345
Who /existential crisis/ here?
What's the point of life when you will die and become nothing.
What's the point of life when you die everyday: the person you where yesterday is no longer you!
Do you die if a teleporting machine scans you kills you and then clones you in another location instantly.

Is there life after death?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYFKcMa_Ek
Also post music.
>>
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QOCaacO8wus
>>
File: cruz___fuck_marry_or_kill.jpg (119 KB, 1172x983) Image search: [Google]
cruz___fuck_marry_or_kill.jpg
119 KB, 1172x983
https://youtu.be/5zYOKFjpm9s

Life goes fast, it's hard to make the good things last, the sun don't go down. Just an illusion caused by the world spinning.
>>
>>27589741
You gotta have an existential crisis one day or another. You either get out of it victorious and you die peacefully knowing you lived as a man or you wander aimlessly seeking for the exit that does exist but that you stubbornly go away from and die lonely because you thought the world is unfair.
>>
>>27589741

There's no point, do whatever you want. Also yes, you die.
>>
>>27589806
Interesting video.
Essentially how can we be alive when we are made of dead things working together.
>>27589914
How do I cope with knowing that I will die and I will never exist again.
>>
I never believed in god.
But there are so many things science don't explain how does life even make sense...
I'm asking myself a lot of questions and I feel very depressed.
>>
You were dead before you were born and you came to life so why can't it happen again
>>
>>27589741
http://existentialcomics.com/comic/1

Check this out. Talks about the teleportation.

Also, you can find purpose. Some belief purpose is inherent, others think you create it. I get purpose from doing things I'm good at and working to make society better. It's up to you to figure this out, and it can take a long time, with many mistakes.

Some people never figure it out and just spend their lives doing shitty office work for 40 years. Some freak out again in their 50s and figure it out, others don't.
>>
>>27590073
thank you
>>27590050
I know how can I cope with this feeling.
>>
i am in a permanent state of existential crisis
i don't want to die
i was exposed to death too early in life and it's basically all i think about
nothing i try makes it stop
i learned what death was before i learned what life was
fuck me i still don't know what life is
but i know i don't want to die
i don't want to die
DO YOU HEAR ME? I DON'T WANT TO DIE
>>
>>27590073
holy fuck I just read that comic
I feel much better now
thank you!
>>
>>27590242
read >>27590073 we die all the time life is too short to worry about death.
>>
I presume this is something to do with being raised religious since it seemed obvious to me when I was about 3 that life was meaningless when my dad told me that what happens after you die is they just bury you corpse in the ground like everyone else
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 639x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 639x354
>>27589741
>>27589741
This is really such a waste of time to think about.
>>
>>27590329
OP here I was never raised religious.
>>
>>27589741
whats the point of suicide if you die anyway?
>>
Are you guys scared of death when you think about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (886 KB, 1844x1230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
886 KB, 1844x1230
An image for you, OP
>>
I just realized there is no point thinking about something which is inevitable logically life is useless them why not just sit down and wait for your death? You should just live your life and know death will come one day!
>>
>>27589741
>What's the point of cleaning your room if it'll just get dirty again?
>What's the point of wiping your ass if you'll just shit again?
>What's the point of living if you're just gonna die?

>Logic
Look up something called humanism.
>>
>>27590416
thanks for the image but my problem is not that life has no meaning it's that you will stop thinking one day.
>>
>>27590481
The image offers a solution, but I guess you're yet to accept the fact that you do die. Watch this instead: http://youtu.be/pR7e0fmfXGw
>>
>>27590005
T. expert Scientist
>>
>>27590295
i read it. i read shit like that on /x/ on a regular basis. it spelled "existence" wrong. and I'M STILL GOING TO DIE.
>>
>>27590588
Stop being a pussy and just accept it, you're wasting what little time you spend living posting on a Cantonese spice trading image board about how scared you are of it. Grow up. Most people realise this at 14/15. Go make your life worth living instead of focusing on when you're not.
>>
File: Untitled.png (798 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
798 KB, 1000x562
Recently I've realized my own mortality the front of my head hurts all the time now and I imagine a bullet going through my brain and not thinking anymore I also realized the mortality of others being young I don't think much about death but seeing my father grow old and seeing his hair go gray makes me very scared and extremely sad that I will never make him proud before he dies.
>>27590529
thanks I'll check it out
>>27590454
I know that I'm just scared of death of me and others
>>27590635
ok then
>>
>>27589953
everyone else is gonna die too youre not alone

might as well find something that interests you in the meantime and have fun or just hit the off button
>>
>>27590685
Anon, you need to be 18+ to post on this site.
>>
>>27590716
I'm 26 years old my father is going into his 60s
>>
File: existential-dread.jpg (31 KB, 640x521) Image search: [Google]
existential-dread.jpg
31 KB, 640x521
>>27590765
Don't let it set in, anon.
>>
>>27590790
yeah I'm going to try doing that
thanks anon
>>
I've given up entirely, room is a fucking state and I'm living in shit, everything has been downhill for about 9 months, only set on by loneliness, the sad part is that to my family (no friends) I am fine.

I appear stable (I think) and that's my last attachment to life, I work without effort but enough to keep working because I get to keep living in my shit tip, and funding my shit life.

I spend all my money online on things like P2W games because I have literally nothing else, I eat take out because I can't be fucked to cook and I haven't eaten fruit or drank water in months, I am living the most depraved shit life that I can and I hate it, but I don't stop.

Eventually I'll die, my tower of food boxes will collapse, rats will kill me, I'll get scurvy.

Or I'll get bored of P2W (I am already) even more and just buy something like a helium tank.

I'm fucking exhausted.
>>
>>27590635
i went through a long phase where i thought i had made peace with my mortality. i tried to internalize the same candy-assed platitudes you're telling me to live by. i thought i was "growing up."

and then i actually grew up. and i realized that part of growing up involves admitting that my edgy grimdark teenage self wasn't completely wrong about everything. that not letting my fear of death paralyze me is a good idea from a day-to-day operational standpoint, but it doesn't change the fact that endgame is still being worm food. and that that sucks and i hate it.
>>
>>27590879
sounds like you need a hobby, guy
>>
>>27590903
Yeah I feel like that except that it has been bothering me a lot these last days.
>>27590879
this is sad get something to do anon
>>
File: 1395470235579.png (9 KB, 251x404) Image search: [Google]
1395470235579.png
9 KB, 251x404
>>27590910
I thought of going hiking but then I just scared myself out of it, if I'm going to die I'd rather do it on my terms than get raped by a bear, fall down a cliff, or get stung by something whilst I'm wet and cold and just waiting to go back to my PC

Any suggestions? I'm hard to please
>>
>>27590984
get a gun so you can shoot the bear.
>>
>>27591050
It's not the bear I'm worried about shooting
>>
>>27591113
get bear mace
>>
File: mg2.jpg (14 KB, 500x299) Image search: [Google]
mg2.jpg
14 KB, 500x299
>>27589741
Why do you think that there have to be a point?
>>
Scale matters. I really don't care what happens 1 million years from now. I do care about my life time and the next few hundred.

So that doesn't bother me. There's enough goals and things to do to occupy me.

Getting old and dying really soon is what bothers me. It's just too soon. I'm 30. If I die young that means I'm middle-aged. And 79 is NOT that old anyways.
>>
>>27589741
Just because you can't figure out what the point is doesn't mean there isn't one. You won't ever have all the answers in 100% certainty. Just fucking live because it's what's right in front of you.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.