[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you smoking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 18
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 400x388
Why aren't you smoking?
>>
>>27588468
gives me headaches.
But i miss it.
>>
>>27588468
I do
I roll 'em
I smoke Golden Virginia
>>
my lung collapsed last year ;_;

I miss it
>>
>>27588737
It's ok I died last year
>>
File: american-spirit-turquoise.jpg (126 KB, 421x650) Image search: [Google]
american-spirit-turquoise.jpg
126 KB, 421x650
Love it.

>kills me slowly
>normies hate it
>gives nice comfy relaxing buzz
>>
>>27588737
what did your lung feel like before it collapsed, were there any symptoms? sometimes i get wary.
>>
I don't any source of income ;~;
>>
>>27588766
I used to roll with those.
They're great
>>
i don't have the desire to but i have to admit cig smokers look really badass when they are smoking
>>
what are the downsides of smoking
death doesn't count because i'll kill myself anyway
>>
I do. My favorite part is that Chad and Stacey absolutely hate it.
>>
>>27588802
Read up sypmtoms of lung colapse
Mainly shortness of breath and painful breathing.
>>
I for some reason could never handle smoking. It always made me feel sick. I can however do snus fine. 2 pouches in, 3 times the nicotine as a cigarette and feelin good
>>
I do
It's a total pussy magnet
>>
>>27588802
I was sitting at my desk at work and all of the sudden I felt like my back was spasming. It got a little better but it felt like I tore my shoulder muscle or something. My back was fucking killing me but I didn't think it was serious enough to leave work. I could breathe fairly easily but I had a little trouble when i breathed in deeply, certainly I didn't think it was anything to do with my lungs.

That night I got home, my back was still in agony and the pain was spreading beyond my shoulder blade area. I took my dog for a walk and I could only make it about a block before I had to sit on the curb with a sharp pain in my side and at that point I knew I had to go to the ER. I took my dog home, got in the car, drove myself and thought I tore a muscle in my back or something. The doctor listened to my breath with a stethoscope, couldn't find anything and decided to take an X-Ray just to be safe before discharging me. Turns out my lung collapsed that morning so they scheduled emergency surgery that night to reinflate the lung. I was conscious the entire time, they stuck a needle in my side and threaded a tube up to my lung and reinflated the lung

it was pretty nuts. It likely had nothing to do with the smoking but smoking is a risk factor for it happening again so I had to stop
>>
>>27588865
In my experience they make your dick smaller, gave me chest pains, harder to breathe and makes stuff taste shitty. My dick was back to normal after like a week and a half without a cigarette fyi
>>
File: 1413180589388.jpg (30 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1413180589388.jpg
30 KB, 640x360
>>27588839
they are fantastic.

i use to smoke american spirit blacks. the taste was too much after a while. also made me smell even worse then normal cigarettes

>>27588938

that's good that you got your lung back. all the damage done by smoking will heal over a decade or so.
>>
>>27588949
>dick smaller
I lost half an inch when I started smoking weed
but t b h idk if it's a result of overfapping or weed
>>
lol I only smoke eight because it's cheap as fuck
>>
>>27588468
Curious to it, I don't want to try straights tho, I heard they are super bad for you. I don't know the name of the kind you roll up yourself or where you buy the materials. Wanted to try pure tobacco, like the Cuban cigar meme
>>
File: perique.jpg (24 KB, 260x316) Image search: [Google]
perique.jpg
24 KB, 260x316
>>27588766
My nigga. I usually get pic related though.
>>
File: luckies.jpg (67 KB, 357x557) Image search: [Google]
luckies.jpg
67 KB, 357x557
>>27588468
lucky strike is the best cigarette and if you disagree you probably paint your girlfriends toenails
>>
>>27588995
>that's good that you got your lung back. all the damage done by smoking will heal over a decade or so.
I don't think it was due to smoking. I was never a big smoker anyway, I was a pack a week maybe and only for about a year or two. My body type is very susceptible to lung collapse for some reason.

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/tall-thin-young-man-you-could-suffer-from-a-collapsed-lung-1.1234203
>>
I consider smoking and drugs to be degenerate
>>
>>27588468

because I was hitting 30 a day habit that was mostly 20 for 8 years and couldn't stop, I was out of breath on my 5 min walk to the corner shop to pick up a pack

I got stressed at this fact and chain smoked half the pack I just bought and vomited ,patches and gum didn't work and I nearly got prescribed chantix but I don't think a robot could survive the pills and would be a prime candidate for the symptoms

cigarettes where 7 quid a pack, I think they are past 8 now

I read the Quit Smoking with Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking book which kinda helped

I blew my months reserved money for smokes on a vapebox, which was a risky move but payed of as I quit instantly and used the book to help my ride through to come of that

I haven't fucking smoked in 10 months and can actually taste and smell and not choke on a brisk walk

smoking is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever done and I cringe when I picture my self walking down a street with one

The spare money is a huge bonus and I don't feel as poor as I used to
>>
>>27588468
I vape familia
>>
>>27589078
I consider you to be a pussy.
>>
File: wewuzturks.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wewuzturks.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>27588468
my fav right here
also like american spirit purples
>>
>>27589120

you're a big man posting that on /r9k/
>>
>bought a pack yesterday and now I'm down to 5
Who /smoketoomuchandgetsphlegm/ here
>>
File: 1459472268067.gif (2 MB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
1459472268067.gif
2 MB, 500x490
>>27589087

I was going to get chantix
>>
File: camelsoft.jpg (49 KB, 446x453) Image search: [Google]
camelsoft.jpg
49 KB, 446x453
>>27589132
my man

xcnfgdfgda
>>
>>27589078

degenerate from what? your fucking noble, illustrious bloodline of morons who just barely managed not to die from living in their own shit for hundreds of thousands of years?
>>
>>27588766

that buzz wont last my underage friend
>>
File: gudang-garam-kretek-12.jpg (10 KB, 162x259) Image search: [Google]
gudang-garam-kretek-12.jpg
10 KB, 162x259
if you smoke anything but gudang cancer sticks you're a fucking pussy
>>
File: marlboro-red-cigarettes.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
marlboro-red-cigarettes.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
>all these plebs ITT
>>
File: op.jpg (66 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
op.jpg
66 KB, 720x960
A few reasons. Firstly, I'm too cheap to buy new packets of cigarettes here in the United States. After I ran through all of my Gold Flake, I smoked a ton with my boss and coworker. I started coughing up mucous after a few months and noticed that my hair loss seemed to be accelerating. My teeth also got more yellow and I could tell my lungs were taking a toll in regards to air intake capacity.

Quitting hasn't been hard for me.
>>
File: gauloises_blue1.jpg (154 KB, 786x1254) Image search: [Google]
gauloises_blue1.jpg
154 KB, 786x1254
>>27588737
My lungs collapsed about a year ago, are you me ?
Anyway, I still smoke. It won't immediatly cause problem, but it will cause some. You get used to the feeling of a collapsed and it gets better after a few week.

I smoke Gauloise, they're pretty gud. I'm out of them, so i might grab a pack tomorow, we'll see.
>>
>>27589202
>"I care about my health"
this is not the place for you norman.
>>
File: 1459465047531.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
1459465047531.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
I vape. I barely smoked but realized I had the urge to do it since its incredibly calming. So instead I just started vaping.
>>
>>27589196

hey guys i just started smoking xddd: the post

marlboro reds are shit
>>
>>27589170

*tips*

My associate here is correct my good sir, A fine tobacco based cylinder is the mark of not only a civilized being

but as a gentleman with refined taste
>>
>just smoked a fat j and feelin a little spacey
>candy tastes like pure sugar
Pretty good, hate stoners though
>>
>>27588468
They are expensive as fuck.
That's why.
>>
>>27589225

>collapsed lung
>better in a few weeks

Yeah, that doesn't happen.
>>
>>27589235

probably because it regulates your breathing to a normal pattern
>>
>>27588766
I'm really curious and have wanted to try these for ages, my uncle went on about them after he came home from America. Can't seem to get them outside of there though which is pretty gay familiam
>>
>>27588766
Well when you put that way it sound s ggood
>>
>>27589272
only normies actually think this

u prolly buy an energy drink 2-3 times a week
>>
>>27589255
But fedoras are straight edge you goofball
>>
>>27589120
same to you

>>27589170
>your fucking noble, illustrious bloodline of morons who just barely managed not to die from living in their own shit for hundreds of thousands of years?
what the fuck is this autistic rambling? this is what drugs will do to you. have some dignity and delete your post
>>
>>27589281
I was fine three days after the lung was reinflated. It was a spontaneous collapse, not due to any sickness or frailty or damage so it pumped right back up. I couldn't fly for a month or go scuba diving but that was it

>>27589225
yeah I don't know, I never wanted to be seen as a smoker anyway. I bought a vape that works pretty well and I vaporize my weed now. I'm honestly really glad I can run for miles at a time without wheezing and coughing
>>
I'm poor.
Also I don't like it, I did it for about a year and then I stopped liking the taste.
>>
>>27589311
Nah i dont like energy drinks anon.
>>
>>27589319

No they think smoking is classy like they are living in the 1950s

or masculine or dark like the sperg faggots in this thread

you are spending money to rewire your brain to be dependent on a brand
>>
>>27589187
lol good luck to your lung
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 516x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 516x604
>>27589322
>have some dignity
>posting on the branch of an Anime board directed towards autistic shut-ins
>>
>>27589383
>you are spending money to require your brain to be brand loyal

now that's fedora speak. Fedoras constantly use WAKE UP SHEEPLE libertarian diatribe
>>
>>27589281
It happened to me a few times in the past year. It hurts like a bitch tho. I could barely walk and talk, but it really gets better on its own after some time. It's probable my my lung wasn't completely fucked, so maybe it was easier to recover.
>>
>>27588938
Is it possible to have a collapsed lung but not notice it?

I had similar symptoms a while ago, basically a sharp back in back whenever I breathed. Also my body type is very inclined to it, im like 6'3 and 155 pounds.

But, it went away I guess and I can breath fine now. Is it possible that I had one, or would it not have healed on its own?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I'll go a few days not smoking but something stressful always comes up and I end up buying a pack.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.