[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is being suicidal natural for human beings? If you look at life,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: ggss.jpg (36 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
ggss.jpg
36 KB, 604x340
Is being suicidal natural for human beings?
If you look at life, the ratio of good things to bad one is hopelessly small. In your 70-80 years lifespan, you will be subjected to both physical pain (sickness, pain from being violently acted upon, decline of health, or even unpleasant changes in weather) and emotional pain (passing of people around you, being decieved and betrayed, decline of mental health, eventual existential crisis, failures in your career/personal life). Over the course of your life all these things are essentially guaranteed to happen, they are inevitable, and if you were to pack them into one year it would be enough to drive any man insane. However, there are absolutely no pleasures that are guaranteed to happen, every moment of happiness must gained and struggled for. Life is OBJECTIVELY a shitty experience that would not be picked by anyone if given a choice.
>>
>>27587688
there is a difference between being suicidal and thinking of wanting to commit suicide like once or twice a year
>>
10% of your life can be spent in happiness, the rest is suffering.

..I doubt i'll ever even get 10%
>>
>>27587688
Sure, it is natural, but it is not normal.
>>
>>27587688
>OBJECTIVELY
Nope. It's just you. Your life is shit.
>>
>>27587887
I'd say that for most people, it's 10% happiness, 10% suffering, and 80% boredome. For us it's probably 50% suffering and 50% boredome.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.