[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is beer some normie in-joke? It tastes like fucking shit. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 14
File: beer kkk.jpg (35 KB, 483x604) Image search: [Google]
beer kkk.jpg
35 KB, 483x604
Is beer some normie in-joke?
It tastes like fucking shit.

I want to drink it to be like my friends RLM.
>>
>>27585842
i don't know, im sure there are good beers but they're expensive, and im 19 so i have to send someone else into the liquor store anyways

i usually just go with vodka mixed with cranberry juice or diet coke. i don't like to get drunk on beer, i just get sick and bloated and feel like shit. who drinks for the taste anyways? it's about how it makes you feel
>>
Then drink the beers they do, hoppy locally brewed shit none of the garbage in the picture. Hell just go in and tell a clerk "I don't like ____" in terms of taste and they'll probably tell you whats what.

Either way the fresher the better as far as beer is concerned, less preservatives will make it taste like an actual beverage instead of corn syrup and wirt.
>>
Guieness is quite nice but that's about it for me.
>>
>>27585842
life is a normie in-joke
nobody actually likes living they just pretend to do so out of the need for conformity
>>
Beer has a wide range of flavor from sweet and complicated to overwhelming bitter hops taste, to pisswater that doesn't really taste like anything. They even make flavored bitch beers that do not remotely taste like beer while providing the same experience as pisswater beer.

Only homos and girls like mixed hard alcohol to get drunk, drink manly ass dark colored hard alcohol neat or on the rocks if you want to go that route.
>>
>>27585975
Kill me. You're right.
>>
>>27585892
>none of the garbage in the picture
Negra Modelo is decent
>>
>>27585842
it gets you drunk. being drunk is fun.
>>
I had some Asahi which it says is Japan's number 1 beer but it still tasted the same as domestic shit.
>>
>>27586073
So does red wine, it does it faster and it doesn't taste like piss. Drinking piss is kind of baffling when you remember red wine and Kahlua and some rum mixes exist.

>beer
>ever
>>
>>27586073
No it isn't. Hangovers are not fun
>>
>>27585842
Beer tastes fine, you're just an underaged faggot.

>I want to drink it to be like my friends
R9K proving yet again why it's one of the lowest average IQ boards on 4chan.
>>
>>27586082
Japan is known for a lot of things but good alcohol isn't one of them. Some of it's alright, but it's pretty generic stuff.
>>
>>27586082
Asahi is nice, particularly for the price.
It makes up for being bland by being refreshing.
>>
>>27586120
>as he drinks piss and winces at the taste and then says "OH YEAH THIS IS THE BEST EVER" and shifts his eyes around the room hoping people think he's cool
>>
>>27586109
>what is drinking water ?
Hangovers are overrated and they happen because of dehydration. Hangovers should be nothing more than a sore stomach which you can't help, if your head hurts the day after drinking you are retarded and incapable of drinking properly.
>>
>>27586120
I'm 26 faggot fite me
>>
>>27585842
>It tastes like fucking shit.
its an adquired taste like any other

get a stout is sweeter also there is fruity ones like banana etc
>>
>>27585881
>who drinks for the taste anyways?
Only teenagers and alcoholics drink just to get fucked up. Taste matters to most people.
>>
>>27586099
well yeah that's true
i mean, i'm an alcoholic. i drink whatever's available lol
>>
>>27586144
Not that guy, but pisswater basically has no taste compared to actual beer, and only actual literal children pretend to be cool for drinking it.

Everyone else just drinks four to six in rapid succession to get drunk and go about their night enjoying it.
>>
>>27585842
>>27585842
>it tastes like fucking shit
you're probably a bit young. i started drinking when i was 14 and i didn't enjoy beer until i was 19. heineken is my favourite lager, guinness is one of the nicest in general. tuborg's also good.
>>
>>27586144
Projecting this hard, must suck to be you. Not my fault you have shit taste, now go drink your milk faggot.

>>27586167
Then how comes you're still a fucking manchild ? Grow up, you retarded shit. Just tell your friends you don't like the taste of beer and drink something else.
>>
>>27586175

>hurrr acquired taste

Yeah, at first I didn't like my girlfriend bringing Chad home with her to fuck, but after a while I got used to it. It's just an acquired taste, you know? They're even letting me be dad to their son.
>>
>>27586223
>projection
More like you're deflecting, I drink wine because I don't care about looking cool. Go rip holes in your jeans to impress people.
>>
>>27585842
You think beer tastes like shit because you have the tastebuds of a child. Go back to your tendies and chocolate milk, faggot.
>>
I actually like the taste of beer, a lot. you just have to drink a lot to get used to it, seriously.
>>
>>27586197
>Taste matters to most people.

Why not just drink the tasteful liquids without alcohol then? It makes literally no sense to drink alcohol for the taste, considering it tastes and feels like shit going through your throat.
>>
>Babby's first beer: The Post
>>
>>27586099
>So does red wine, it does it faster and it doesn't taste like piss.

honestly, i think wine (white or red or rice or whatever) tastes worse than most cold beers. especially true when you get into the 8+% range beers, that still taste good.

converse to this, however, is i can buy 5 liters of boxed wine for a little over $10 so it'd definitely one of the uhhh, "fiscal" options for drinking (without getting sick from 40's/tallboys of malt liquor)
>>
File: retard computer.jpg (36 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
retard computer.jpg
36 KB, 320x240
>>27586223
>why is there a manchild on /r9k/
>>
>>27586165
Dehydration is a part of it but it's the toxic byproduct of alcohol that causes most of the hang over.

In other words, drinking water doesn't protect you from having a hangover and your reasoning regarding the subject is embarrassing.
>>
>>27586253
This
when you never drank beer and you suddenly start drinking beer it will not taste good because you've been drinking sugary sodas your entire life

Beer is an acquired taste
>>
>>27585842
Beer is fucking terrible so I usually drink long drinks (gin). It's not as girly as cider so your normie friends won't bully you and it tastes pretty sweet like grapefruit soda.

Not sure if you can get them in 'murrica but there must be something equivalent
>>
File: 1389037542363.jpg (62 KB, 496x501) Image search: [Google]
1389037542363.jpg
62 KB, 496x501
>>27586245
>more like you're deflecting
>literally no u
You came prepared for when somebody calls you out on your bullshit, I see. When did I say I cared about impressing people anyway ? You're just making shit up.
>I drink wine
So what ? I drink wine as well, I'm not a picky little bitch like you are.
Also
>I drink wine because I'm classy
>other people drink beer only to look cool
>stop liking what I don't like
Pic related. It's you.
>>
I grew up with pickled and fermented foods, and lots of bitter veggies, so I liked beer straight off the bat.
Most tastes are conditioned- but you don't have to drink anything you don't like OP.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>27585986
>Beer has a wide range of flavor from sweet and complicated to overwhelming bitter hops taste, to pisswater that doesn't really taste like anything. They even make flavored bitch beers that do not remotely taste like beer while providing the same experience as pisswater beer.
>Only homos girls like mixed hard alcohol to get drunk, drink manly ass dark colored hard alcohol neat or on the rocks if you want to go that route.
>>
What's that brah? You don't drink beer brah? Heh, I bet you don't even wear stained white tank tops, smoke some fine-ass Cubans or have a muscle gut. You know, like a real man.
>*takes a long slow drag on his cigar, delicately rolls his tongue around the rim while winking salaciously*
Fuck dude, we got to get you watching some sports. Did you hear about the BIG GAME on tonight? Let's perform some small motor repair sometime, get what I'm saying?
>*winks again*
>>
>>27586347
Same as black coffee or anything you haven't been drinking since you were a kid.
>>
>>27586401
I don't care if it's fedora, wine is awesome.
>>
>>27586082
kek, the best part about that is seeing anime & reading manga that praise japan's beer (summer wars & nomi joshi come to mind). I've had asahi, kirin, sapporo, etc. It's all terrible-to-alright malt liquor. i've only had 2 chinese beers, but i've liked both much more than the japanese ones I've had

>>27586140
>Asahi is nice, particularly for the price.

hoyl fuck m8, i'd agree if it weren't ~$8 at my local store. hard to go with it when there's very good beers in the $8-10 range
>>
>>27586253
>>27586223
>>27586197
>>27586120

All these posts share the same non-arguments.
Stop being a mindless drone.
>>
Yes and no. If you decide to drink every once in a while for the express reason of getting drunk to do something like watch old cartoons or play videogames with friends, that's pretty normal. Drinking can be a fun experience.
If you do it everytime you're free and feel like if you're not drunk or high while being with your friends, then you're a boring normie who lacks a personality.
>>
>>27586451
>$8 at your local store
The fuck?
I can get a can the size of my forearm for three bucks at my big liquor chain.
>>
>>27585842
You probably drank light piss-tasting beer. Try a brown ale next time.
>>
Ipas and other pale beers taste like piss in general you should maybe try something darker like a guinness or Murphy's also things like reds apple and angry orchard aren't bad
>>
>>27586333
You forgot to add the fact that the pic is related and it's actually you a few years ago.
Since when is being a robot an excuse for being mentally retarded ?
>I dislike beer
>I need to drink beer in order to be like my friends
>There is no possible way they accept the fact that I don't like it
Wew, lad. OP confirmed to be a faggot with brain damage.
>>
>>27586502
the use of ``m8'' suggests the webuser may be Australian and everything is expensive over there
>>
>>27585842
Stop drinking Americuck pisswater and try a proper German ale.
>>
yes, drink vodka or rum mixed with fruit juice on ice to get wasted once a week. shits cash. take a shot first to get the buzz going.

>dat first shot when you haven't drank all week
>dem goosebumps
>>
So much fedora tier arguing here.

Its true tho. Beer has and always has tasted like shit. From 16 to now 21 where I can legally buy it. The taste has never changed. "Acquiring taste" is just a meme. Wine also tastes like shit. Literally no one drinks for the taste, quit lying to yourselves.
>>
>>27586474
Please, provide your real arguments on why beer tastes bad, you enlightened one.
We bow down to your fedora.
Protip: it doesn't taste like shit just because you say so
>>
File: 1454815490CUZOy.jpg (117 KB, 550x636) Image search: [Google]
1454815490CUZOy.jpg
117 KB, 550x636
>>27586243
>hurrr acquired taste
then keep drinking your sodas
>>
Nothing brings out the fedoras like an alcohol thread. Everyone thinks he has the most sophisticated taste.
>>
>>27586502
I can get a can the size of my forearm for three bucks at my big liquor chain.
$8 for a 6-pack, i should say. still kinda bleh when very good local breweries have 6-packs of various styles for the same price (colorado)

>>27586562
>the use of ``m8'' suggests the webuser may be Australian and everything is expensive over there

naw, i'm in colorado, just pretty drunk
>>
I personally love beer (but even then, not all beers). I didn't like beer when I first started drinking in my school years, but I preferred beer over other options like spirits or wines, and I was mainly drinking to get drunk, so I endured. After a while, I started to really enjoy the taste of beer, Pilsner style beers especially.
>>
File: FOT812D.jpg (256 KB, 599x339) Image search: [Google]
FOT812D.jpg
256 KB, 599x339
>>27585842
There is a gigantic variety of beer. Some taste like bread soda, others taste very sweet or very bitter. Get different kinds to find what you like the best. I personally love some Shiner Bock or Coors. Though I prefer red wine over anything.
>>
I just get fucked up on 4loko every night. Cheap as shit and pretty tasty.
>>
>take lithium
>can't drink much without getting terrible headaches/hangovers
>can't explain why to anyone
>take the shots anyway
kill me
>>
the key is to make sure the bottle is really warm and old
>>
>>27586714
you tried the new green apple flavor? 14percent alcohol and it tastes like candy, shits cash
>>
>>27586621
>complains about bad arguing
>everything is x because I say so
You are an embarrassment to the human race, you should feel ashamed for wasting our resources for nothing.

Pic related, it's you before making that post
>>
>>27586680
whoops, i forgot to do the
>
before I tried to quote the "forearm for three bucks" bit, my bad
>>
>>27586714
>4loko
Gets you drunk as shit, but also gets you slme real bad hangovers.
>>
>>27586680
>very good local breweries have 6-packs of various styles for the same price (colorado)
Shit, me too, I was talking about that new Molly's right off of Sheridan
I just usually choose Asahi when everybody's grabbing a 40 of malt liquor.
>>
>>27586831
>4loko
Gets you drunk as shit, but you have to live the rest of your life as a retarded Brazilian.
>>
File: 1448664156711.jpg (34 KB, 635x467) Image search: [Google]
1448664156711.jpg
34 KB, 635x467
>>27586652
It's 'I drink for the taste' fags arguing with 'I drink literally whatever the fuck to get drunk' homos and both groups making fun of all the underaged kids who don't like alcohol in general.

Yet it's still less obnoxious than any other drug threads and the people those draw in.
>>
>>27585842
it's an aquired taste like blue cheese
plus, if you're drinking natty ice or pbr, it's gonna taste like hoppy water

the good stuff costs like 10-15 bucks per 6 pack
>>
>>27586420
I don't see anything wrong with this post, 100% serious
>>
File: spitfire-rw-bottle-570.png (181 KB, 193x570) Image search: [Google]
spitfire-rw-bottle-570.png
181 KB, 193x570
taste it
>>
>>27586165
Common misconception, dehydration is not what your hangover is.
>>
>>27586927
except blue cheese is actually good on your first try and even cheap low quality blue cheese tastes good
>>
File: lost lake.jpg (18 KB, 150x300) Image search: [Google]
lost lake.jpg
18 KB, 150x300
>>27586844
i mostly only really know sheridan by name, and that it's a city street (aurora). i'm fucking 35 miles east of aurora on the i-70 corridor. town of ~1300 people.

>I just usually choose Asahi when everybody's grabbing a 40 of malt liquor.

fuck dude, i'd honestly cop asahi if it was available in 40's out here, but I'd have to drive 30+ miles to a big name liquor store (and may as well get rarer/weirder stuff) in otrder to get it it.

all I can get -cheaply- out here is mickey's, olde english, corona's etc. only thing i particularly enjoy for cheap is Lost Lake (tall boy of nice pilser for $1.50 in hometown liquor store, pic related)

i've been trying to have myself obtain a taste for liquor, but it's hard. on the other hand, <$20 for 1.75L of alright whiskey is very fucking nice $$$-wise
>>
>>27586243
Everything is an acquired taste. Why do you think different cultures have vastly different foods, but still enjoy them? Acquired tastes are just tastes one is unfamiliar with so at first is disliked. Also, ones taste buds change as they age, so bitter things like beer, coffee, liquor, etc. are you usually more liked by an older crowd
>>
>>27586989
>drinking 40s after the switch to plastic
>fucking plastic

They ruined the entire experience. It's not even ghetto anymore, just poorfag as fuck now.
>>
>>27586989
I'm even further west, outskirts of Denver, probably going to have to relocate because of gentrification.
When I was really cheap, I just made my own cider, had a recipe that did the job in only a week.
>>
>>27587074
>fucking plastic

ahhhaha fuck man, i had the exact same gripe. I ain't seen asahi, so i don't know if they're in plastic as well either. mickey's tries to sell the switch to plastic as being "shatter proof"

how fucking drunk were people getting, that breaking their 40's became a problem? christfuck
>>
>>27586714
I have never tasted something as vile as fourloko. I tried the fruit punch and it tasted like fucking cough syrup.
>>
>>27587117
good flavors
>strawberry lemonade
>the blue one
>green apple

ok flavors
>gold
>peach

shit flavors
>everything else
>>
>>27587074
I noticed that yesterday, I was so pissed! It was such a gangster experience now it's a water bottle full of piss water.
>>
>>27587114
It was a money making ploy and not even a subtle one at that. Plastic is far cheaper and worse for the environment, but the price didn't change to reflect all the money they're saving. I can only hope people realized what they tried doing and switched to cheap pisswater in cans rather than continue buying them.
>>
>tfw doing shots of rum or just drinking vodka mixed with hawaiian punch if I'm lazy

Both are god tier, try that instead op.
>>
>>27586795

Not complaining, just pointing it out. Its also not because "I say so", they're actually facts.
>>
>tfw get home from work and have first beer in the shower
>>
What is best beer I can get in straya?

being a bit price conscious
>>
>>27586998

I'm not arguing that, but the acquired taste is the main defense of all piss beer. It's one thing to acquire a taste for some yuengling or an ipa, it's another to say that you literally enjoy the taste of piss.
>>
File: 1445308813160.jpg (75 KB, 500x725) Image search: [Google]
1445308813160.jpg
75 KB, 500x725
drinking alcohol is like eating really spicy food in that it's a strong taste that's kind of... so bad it's good. after a hard day a cold beer is like a refreshing slap to the face. like punching a wall, it hurts your hand but it also feels good, like an outlet of emotions. the bitterness also pairs very well with certain foods, savory, salty, spicy the classic triple SSS. like, a bag of lays classic chips with some nice beers is a fucking tasty snack. hot wings and beer, steak and beer, classic greats. not to mention that being drunk is nice. it's super relaxing and can help you get a nice comfy sleep.

although i didn't like it when i was younger. when i was a teen i felt the same way, thought i was above all the beer drinkers. people's sense of taste changes over time. the people themselves do too. now i drink beer every night. it's nice, i like it.
>>
You are supposed to get drunk. Nothing you drink to get drunk tastes good, but some can taste better than others. The more your brain gets into the habit, that bitter taste is the greatest thing in the world.
>>
>>27585842
Amerifat beer is absolutely awful. When I went to Germany as a teen, I was allowed to get beer. It's something of a tradition. Those were amazing. I can't find any of them anymore, but if you can get your hands on some, I would recommend it.
>>
>>27587485
I literally do enjoy the taste of piss, like urine, and it's not like beer at all.
It's earthy and salty, beer should never be salty.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-02-00-25-04.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-02-00-25-04.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>27587518

This, just like how at first I hated snorting meth because of how much my nose burned. Now, I love that burning sensation because I know how high I'm going to get
>>
>tfw underaged (for Alcohol not 4chan)
>>
File: breweries-per-capita-map.jpg (216 KB, 1500x1116) Image search: [Google]
breweries-per-capita-map.jpg
216 KB, 1500x1116
>>27587587
Only the heavily commercialized millions of gallons a year pisswater sucks, otherwise there's an absolutely ridiculous amount of quality small production American beer to choose from.

>tfw you live in the northwest and have easy access
>>
>>27585842
It's better than any other form of alcohol
Only reason why I drink it
>>
>>27587177
grape is decent too imo
>>
>>27587643
I know this fucking feel
The burn became a part of the rush
Fucked up my nasal passages though
Really don't do stims anymore
>>
>>27587507
this, as your tastes mature you find it pairs very well with a lot of things, and is pretty /comfy/ after a day of wageslaving.
>>
>>27585842
It tastes better when you're not addicted to sugar.
>>
>>27585842
>friends
>implying you aren't the normie
>>
>>27586223
>>27586253
>implying milk isn't delicious, especially chocolate milk or drinking milk with chocolate
>>
File: 2x02-jimspeech[1].png (403 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2x02-jimspeech[1].png
403 KB, 640x480
>>27586340
>being so limpwristed
I am 130lb and I have only had a hangover 3 times in my life. I can drink like Jim Lahey, take long breaks, and then do it all over again.
>>
Never drink a beer lighter than mahogany.
>>
>>27587485
Beer tastes malty, hoppy, yeasty, depending on the beer. Cheap shit beer like bud light tastes like rice water. Beer gone bad tastes like skunk spray. No beer tastes anything like piss. Cheap beer is just tasteless and boring, not repulsive.
>>
>>27585842
lel i was about to make this thread
normie is literally the most normie thing there is
if you tell people you odn't drink they'll look awkwardly to you and ask if you're some kind of freak
>>
>>27588381
This. Most people who don't like the taste of beer guzzle soda and energy drinks. Of course you aren't going to like beer when your brain expects a carbonated drink to be candy sweet.
>>
File: sak.jpg (11 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
sak.jpg
11 KB, 193x261
>>27591110
>normie is literally the most normie thing there is
>>
>>27585842
beer doesn't taste like shit
it tastes like piss
>>
>>27591177
t. professional piss drinker
>>
>>27585842
Don't worry, the problem will solve itself. Soon enough you won't have friends and you won't have to worry about pretending to like beer.
>>
>>27585842
yea man it tastes awfully horrible i don't get the hype at all
>>
>>27587674
I've never had any smaller production beers. How would you describe it?
>>
>B-but muh hoppy taste
>muh local microbrewed artisan beer
>muh adult manly taste buds
Butthurt beerfags attempt to defend their love of guzzling piss

Real men drink everclear with mt. Dew
>>
Give me some good stouts to try, lads

I already had rasputin and I really liked it. also, what other beers should I look into?
>>
>>27586941
Bishop's Finger is better.
>>
beer is a meme but it's good (assuming you're not buying cheap cheap shit)
tbqh i'd prefer liquor any day
>>
>>27591953
Get Guiness on tap
Carlton Black is good in bottles
>>
I used to hate beer, but as I've gotten older it has started to grow on me. Definitely an acquired taste, the key it to get it as cold as possible.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.