[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even more than the absurdity of societal and media-based pressures,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: stars.jpg (91 KB, 1600x654) Image search: [Google]
stars.jpg
91 KB, 1600x654
Even more than the absurdity of societal and media-based pressures, the eternal weight of the entire uncaring universe crushes us.

Worse than physical pain is the creeping idea that you are nothing, no, that you are lower than nothing. That you are some new sort of word that has not been coined yet, a word that means: "Absolutely Irrelevant in Every Way."

Think about it. When you die, there will be no Heaven or Hell, no new world, only darkness. No, worse than darkness. You will cease to exist.

Can you imagine that? Can you imagine not existing? Of course you can't. To your "miraculous" mind, it is a shrieking, swirling void of a thought, an ancient disk inserted into the wrong console, displaying nothing but static and electronic screams. You can't imagine it, and neither can I.

Those idiots, those pretty idiots. Looking at their phones and reading their books and talking to each other as if any of it meant anything. As if the entire sum of their life's experiences couldn't be wiped out in the blink of an eye.

Some of them pretend to know what we feel. They weep when bad things happen, unaware that they'll feel better in a week or so. Or maybe in a few years, they will have forgotten this feeling.

We have not forgotten. They have only stuck a finger in the water, whereas we have dived all the way in, and now we have forgotten how to swim back out.

We are drowning, drowning down here.

Save us, please, someone save us.

Save us, please. We don't want to enter the nothingness from whence we came. We don't want to stop existing, we don't want to be erased and forgotten and built over and hidden. We want to live, we want to breathe, just like them. We want to be accepted, but more than that, we want to forget the eternal weight our gift of sentience has given us.

Save us.

Save me
>>
Must suck to have this worldview. So many assumptions too senpai
>>
2edgy4me desu
>>
like, dude, have you thought, like, there could be, like, an entire universe in, like, every atom? like, dude
>>
>>27585146
Pretty sure that an end to consciousness is preferable to to some "eternal darkness" or similar dumb ideas.

>Can you imagine that? Can you imagine not existing?

Yes, the continuity is broken every single time you go to sleep.
>>
File: 1456412810874s.jpg (8 KB, 250x221) Image search: [Google]
1456412810874s.jpg
8 KB, 250x221
Ajdjrh
>>
>>27585146
wew lad
this becomes obvious as soon as you graduate middle school
everyone ignores their ineviable death and insignificance, everything anyone does in their spare time is a way of doing that
you can't change it, so make the life you're living worthwhile
existentialism is pointless and if anything a drain on society
>>
File: 1406599058458.jpg (17 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
1406599058458.jpg
17 KB, 212x238
>not finding it comforting that no matter how horrible life gets you'll always have the escape of death

if you're scared to die you are a fucking normalfaggot
>>
>>27585146
Actually, you can imagine non-existence pretty easily. Get so drunk that you lose your consciousness, it will be like that.
>>
>>27585146
I'm sorry but your post sounds like first world post modernist crap. You think you are the only one who realizes all this? Most people,even the ones you see buying trendy things or reading those books you talk about,know about the meaningless of it all,they just choose to look the other way.
Let me give you one piece of advice. Work is the only thing that dignifies humanity,and I'm not talking about your office job,I'm talking about service,what would you do? That's your choice,but you can't keep being like this. Your actions may not matter to the vast universe.But it matters now,to you,to me,to the cause you want to represent,it concerns all of us,because we are the only thing we got. Always looking at the stars,searching for meaning,while meaning was always in front of you,in the present,in action itself.
>>
>>27585146
>Think about it. When you die, there will be no Heaven or Hell, no new world, only darkness. No, worse than darkness. You will cease to exist.

But that would be extremely relieving. You must be some turbochad who has it all to be afraid of non-existence.

If you could find me the proof that we're just sentient pieces of flesh an that there's no other side it would be extremely relieving.
>>
>>27585858
This. This is exactly how I feel.

Life is not only as bad as I'd feared, it is more horrible than I could have imagined.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.