[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people gawk at you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Why do people gawk at you?
>>
>>27584452
I wear retro
>>
File: 8f3.jpg (24 KB, 472x298) Image search: [Google]
8f3.jpg
24 KB, 472x298
>>27584495
How like?
>>
People have gawked at me, and the reason is simple enough: I am a bizarre looking person, an atypical one (and not in a positive sense).

People have an inherent fascination with those who fall outside of the normal spectrum. In bygone eras, this fascination was satisfied with sideshows that displayed freaks. Those who exist within the normal spectrum satisfied their curiosity with these shows, perhaps affirming their place within the normal realm by contrasting themselves with the others.

Of course, times have changed and we have become more sensitive. Those primal desires still exist, and people satisfy them as circumstance dictates. Thus, as people encounter me, they are able to enjoy the wealth of benefits provided by a sideshow simply by looking a little longer than politeness would ordinarily dictate.

"There but for the grace of God" and it doesn't even cost you the price of admission any longer. Just a glance that lasts just a little bit too long. How could I begrudge a person a bargain like that?
>>
>>27584705
I always wonder if they dont feel embarrassed for staring just a bit too long.
>>
>>27584989

I've actually wondered that myself. Of course, there can be no universal answer. Each gawker is different, after all.

However, I've always suspected that the ones nature has blessed have some inherent knowledge that they are one of the chosen. They have a license to act in a way that the ones Nature abhors do not.

When all is said and done, I do imagine there is some small amount of embarrassment. After all, one typically entered the sideshow tent at night. It is shameful to throw peanuts at the freak.

The shame is mitigated by the fact, of course, that the freak is still a freak. No actual human being was harmed in the process. Sure, one of Nature's mistakes was hurt but, really, what does that matter?

Nature has no love for Her mistakes. Why would She sanction anyone who injured one?
>>
>>27584556
Precolonial era clothing in a nation thoroughly fucked over by colonialism
>>
becuz I'm a fat bastard
>>
My hair is down to my shoulders, so a prime target
>>
>>27585125
>I've always suspected that the ones nature has blessed have some inherent knowledge that they are one of the chosen. They have a license to act in a way that the ones Nature abhors do not.

I think I know the type.
>>
>>27584452
My body language is off most of the time.
When people look at me though. I look them in the eyes and they mostly turn away after some minutes.
>>
>>27584452
Probably my acne and awkward skinnyperson posture/stride
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.