[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get a girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: get-a-girlfriend.jpg (62 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
get-a-girlfriend.jpg
62 KB, 507x338
Can normies or robots who made it give advice to all of us who suffer under >tfw no gf? I hear people on this board saying it's not that hard but can someone actually tell us how to do it step by step?
Probably all robots here know a girl they would date. How do you continue at this point? You obviously talk to her but whats the right stuff to say? When do you ask for a date?
>>
>>27584221
Import a girl from an impoverished nation. I'm uniquely positioned to help anyone able bodied and employed person get a wife for around $12k (payable at once or over the course of 27 months), it doesn't matter how shy you are around girls or how scared you are of meeting people, you leave all that to me. Contact me at [email protected] for details
>>
>>27584221
Step one: Ask a girl out.
Step two: Repeat until success.
Step three: Take said girl out on a date. If it goes well, move on to step four. If it does not go well return to step one.
Step four: Ask for a 2nd date.
Repeat as necessary.
>>
File: 1434168958072.jpg (100 KB, 429x297) Image search: [Google]
1434168958072.jpg
100 KB, 429x297
>will see a girl I really like in two weeks at an event
>plan to talk with her and ask her out
>already know I will fuck it up
>mfw

>>27584527
But how do I manage that the date goes well?
>>
>>27584221
I'm a robot, and I don't know any girls I would date. In fact, I don't know any girls at all. I haven't had a conversation with one in about 4+ years. So what now? I think I'm too far gone, but maybe there's hope for other robots out there.
>>
>>27584221
>Probably all robots here know a girl they would date. How do you continue at this point?
I am European and I have heard things are different in the US. It can actually be very easy here, because girls actually do all the things a man is supposed to do. Girls approach you, it's always a friend of a friend. You just nod and go along with it, you just try to not say anything stupid.

This is not even oversimplifying, this is how it actually works. I have been seduced, my friends have been seduced.
>>
>>27585093
OP here. Sadly I'm european too.
What country do you live in? I don't think any girl ever approached me. Maybe I just didn't realize it but if they really wanted to seduce me I think I would have noticed it.
>>
>>27584527
What do you do on date?
Where do you do date?
>>
>>27585162
You are propably not chad like >>27585093
Don't worry. There is more things to do than having sex or gf. Just be yourself.
>>
>>27584677
jus bee urself lad
>>
>>27585250
>What do you do on date?
You talk I think. If you know you're autistic have a plan and some topics in mind.

>Where do you do date?
Want to know this too. Going to the movies seems strange since you barely talk, going to a restaurent seems to serious.
Is just grabbing something for lunch good?
>>
>>27585162
>If they really wanted to seduce me I think I would have noticed it.
Oh, absolutely.

Northern Europe. It struck me it could actually be in certain socioeconomic groups and social settings this happens, I am not sure. Like, at middle-class parties the vetting process has already been completed, because only a certain type of people have been invited.
I have heard about this happening in bars from a friend (between people that don't know each other) but I've never actually seen this happening.
>>
File: 1311420011504.jpg (104 KB, 960x925) Image search: [Google]
1311420011504.jpg
104 KB, 960x925
>>27584221
Just bee yourself (yourself being me)
>>
>>27585436
A restaurant is unnecessary for a first date. First date is more for grabbing a coffee or a light lunch. Something small and enough to really break the ice.
>>
I have this weekend off so I just spent the whole day on the internet

I tried having relationships before when I was in college and they made me someone I wasn't and I had ended up ghosting several of them in sequence

If I were to start a new relationship it would have to be with someone who allows me to be my authentic self

so they would have to be ok with me spending the bulk of my free time on the internet
>>
File: Getchu HIgh.jpg (146 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
Getchu HIgh.jpg
146 KB, 728x546
>>27584221
I became chad through weed and drugs. Legit just do those, or sell them. Go meet people who do them, boom, friends, then fug as many girls as you want. If you're still in college or high school, you're even better set.
>>
>HEAVEN OR HELL MODE
get therapy to overcome all your mental baggage and become a functioning adult and only date mentally healthy women you meet through your respectable job, hobbies or friends

>NORMIE CHEAT MODE
get a job in a mostly female work environment, then women will be forced to spend time around you and you'll get a typical normie gf out of sheer proximity

>AUTISTIC MODE
keep adding girls from 4chan/general nerdy internet places on skype/steam and eventually meet one whos as dysfunctional as you, will probably end in misery as you're both fucked up autists
>>
>>27585635
I'd rather be miserable and authentic than be ``happy'' and live every day in a false self
>>
>>27585570
Won't be a problem you have to worry about. That's how many relationships function today. One is sitting in one room browsing 4chan, one is sitting in another room browsing Facebook.
>>
>>27585728

thats a good thing and you're smarter than most normies who spend all day pretending to act like everyone else but you can be both happy and authentic if you get over all your childhood problems
>>
>>27584221
There are some basics that a lot of guys are unaware of if it doesn't come naturally, but it's pretty simple once you learn it.

>Whats the right stuff to say?
You can say pretty much anything actually, since a girl who's interested will try to move conversations forward while one who is not will be like a wall and never initiate.
If she starts writing to you first, it's about time to ask her out.

>When do you ask for a date?
See above, but also note that it shouldn't take more than about a week.
Girls tend to evaluate very early if they want to pursue a friendship or relationship so you have to show your intentions before they decide that you're just a friend.

>>27584527
The rest is pretty much this, but I would also like to add some important details.
>Ask girl out for something like coffee (keep it simple to start with)
>Be aware that girls usually don't give straight rejections
>Consider any excuse as a polite rejection
>This goes if she accepts at first but cancels later as well
>If she has a legitimate reason but still is interested, SHE will suggest another time

Lastly, DON'T pay anything for her until you pretty much are a thing. You don't want to be the "free meal" contact in her phonebook.
>>
>>27584221
>have gf
what do you want to know?
>>
>>27586762
Thanks, this is helpful.
Is paying for her coffe at the first date for example really something bad? I always thought girls expect this
>>
>>27586818
I'm >>27584677.
What is a good first move? How do I manage that our encounter will go well so she has a good time and I can maybe ask her out after a while? How do make it clear that I'm not just a friend?
>>
>>27585093
topkek
European khv here, 25+
>>
>>27585635
How do I unlock autistic mode? How do you meet people through an anonymous imageboard?

/soc/?
>>
>>27587247
>I always thought girls expect this
That's just some shit that girls who keep "free meal"-guys spread so they can keep on using guys.
Dont fall for it, if any girl actually feels entitled to free stuff from you then you should stay the fuck away from her.
>>
>>27584221
1. Meet a girl.
2. Ask her if she'd like to get dinner and a movie with you.
3. Talk about the movie you just watched together. Ask her about her life and interests.
4. If the date went well, ask her out again in a couple days. If she says yes, you're in good shape.
>>
>>27584221
LIKE YOURSELF FIRST
>be a total robot
>start volunteering bc wtf not
>get a good cv of volunteering whilst wageslaving
>get on a top tier postgrad course, cruise into job
>sweet job, sweet life, actually start to like myself
>being rejected doesnt seem like the worst thing in the world anymore
>actually have something to talk about

its that easy
>>
>>27584757
Meet people. Get friends. Talk to people at your job/school if you have one. Get a job if you don't. Join your local special interest club(s) like book clubs, anime, gaming, whatever.

It's a lot harder to woo random women than it is to ask out women who you at least know a little bit already, especially if you have no social skills. The first step is to develop a circle of friends.
>>
>>27585250
Movie + dinner is an easy one. Find a movie you think you both would enjoy, go get food at a decent but affordable restaurant. The movie and food are a natural topics of conversation to break the ice during dinner. Then you transition into asking about her life and interests, and telling her about your own. It doesn't have to be dinner and a movie but it's a classic formula that is easy to do.
>>
>>27585436
You can grab lunch but it's a little short for a proper date. Maybe lunch and a walk in a nice park or something. Then again, I dunno. I'm not super experienced with first dates because I only had a couple of them before landing a long-term relationship. Maybe a lunch by itself would work alright.

The most important thing is to take action rather than taking no action. If you are actually going on dates at all then you are better than 95% of the people on this miserable board. As you do more dates you'll get better at it and figure out what works for you.
>>
>>27585250
Talk and showcase why I am awesome and why you (she) should pick me as your (her) partner.

Usually I go to the zoo, followed by some drinks in the summer, or the art museum followed by drinks in winter. Breweries/wineries are also fun. Usually I try to include some sort of drinking because A) it involves a social atmosphere and can help one "lower their guard" when talking and B) booze tastes good, so even if the date isn't going well, I can at least enjoy something.
>>
>>27585570
I spend the bulk of my free time on the internet and my GF is fine with it. I think presenting yourself honestly is a reasonable approach, assuming you are not a complete train wreck (although if you are, you should fix yourself before trying to date). You're setting yourself up for failure by not being authentic.
>>
>>27585728
Fixing your problems does not mean being inauthentic. Happiness is achievable and is not a lie.
>>
File: 1389980849481.jpg (481 KB, 1279x1348) Image search: [Google]
1389980849481.jpg
481 KB, 1279x1348
>>27584527
Wrong answer normie
>>
>>27587247
You can use your judgment but I think it's kind of silly and a lot of women do as well. If you have strong feelings about it either way then do what feels right, it is not the end of the world in any case.
>>
>>27587247
Pay for her coffee. It's $5 max and it's the polite thing to do since you asked her out.

Same with buying a girl A drink. It's fine. Just learn when to say no if you feel like she's trying to use you.
>>
>>27587311
If she already knows you then just literally talk to her for a bit and then ask her out if it seems like the conversation is going alright. The way you make it clear that you're not just a friend is by asking her out. You don't need to wait for the perfect moment to do it; the important thing is to DO IT.
>>
>>27585283
I'm not a Chad but I'm European and have had that happen to me. It's honestly not has prevalent has the other anon made it look like and I've had situations where they clearly wanted to party but wanted me to make the first move.
>>
>>27585436
coffee most of the time
>>
>>27588138
>>27588247
>>27588248
>>27588271
Thanks everyone. Wish me luck for the 12th this month. The last time I tried to start smalltalk with a girl she replied in one short sentence and literally left after that.
>>
Why do normies think we're as good at making conversation as they are?
>>
>>27588248
>it's the polite thing to do since you asked her out.
Why? You don't pay for a friend when you ask to grab a coffee or a drink.
>>
>>27588626
You don't get better at it by avoiding it, retard.
>>
>>27588710
Why do you think everyone can get better? Some of us are just fucked.
>>
>>27588748
That's a convenient lie to tell yourself so you don't have to try. But it's worse for you in the long run because you're just depriving yourself of happiness.
>>
>>27588626
>>27588748
Don't sweat it, most women are really bad at holding conversations themselves.
>>
>>27588817
Out of curiosity, why is what you're saying right and what's he's saying wrong?
Do you truly believe the world is structured in a way where everybody can "make it"?
>>
>>27584221
There's no way out.
One day, in your late 30's, your hormones will wake up to fuck with you and you'll want a kid. You'll manage to find a decent job and women will feel your availability. You'll choose one, the less ugly and mentally ill as possible, marry her, make a child or two with her, think everything is going according to plan and then your depression comes back because you're bored like hell.
>>
>>27588882
I believe that the world is structured in a way where a lot of people can make it. I know for a fact that the people on this board love telling themselves lies (the shit like 'all women are whores', 'only chad gets laid / can have a faithful GF', 'working is slavery') that oh-so-conveniently validate their shitty and miserable lifestyles while invalidating everyone else's. It's not a stretch to see that the "I can't possibly succeed" meme is along the same lines.
>>
>>27584221
stop being an aspie fuckhead.
>>
>>27584677
just have a good time as if you were out with one of your friends.
>>
>>27588695
Yes I do. I asked them to join me. I buy at least one drink. If they're hard up for cash they won't take advantage and will stop after 1-2.
>>
If you're tough (which you're not, you're on here) you can get a girl by being alpha through action. If not, you have to be alpha through words: suave, smooth, charismatic, funny etc. anything that makes you stand out in anyway by speaking that isn't negative. If you cannot manage that, you will not get a girl.
>>
>>27588882
No, not everyone can make it. However the vast majority can, so more than likely you can too unless you're already on your deathbed. Pretending you already know you'll fail and you'll never make it is worse than someone telling a stranger they can still do it because of that. In the end it's possible he's right and he can't make it, but even on this board which is actually mostly young adults, the majority will find someone (although she'll probably be pretty shit).
>>
>>27589020
I guess that must be a cultural thing.
At least you know where to draw the line.
>>
Just chill, treat them like your friends (if you have any, I can't help if you're that far gone).

Don't be over formal, forget everything you learned from tv
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.