[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a date on Wednesday! My first ever. We're going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: kek.jpg (773 KB, 3104x1746) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
773 KB, 3104x1746
I have a date on Wednesday! My first ever.
We're going to get coffee. I'm really excited/nervous.

Have you guys ever been on a date? if so, how was it. And if not, why?

This could be my way out.

"What're you gonna do when we get out?". "Shiiiiiiiiieeet"[Spoiler]
>>
jus b yourself ;D ;D ;D

but no seriously just relax and have a good time buddy.
>>
>>27583518
Good luck, OP. Try your best to hide your power level for the duration of the date and you should be fine.
>>
>>27583602
Thanks Anon. I will.

A friend gave me pretty solid advice on this:

"Just do whatever comes naturally, don't try be someone you're not basically. But that doesn't mean don't say stuff you want to say just in case, it just means don't say stuff you're only saying because you think it's what you need to say"

A pretty eloquent way of putting it, I think.
>>
>>27583639
Oh yeah, shit.

Solid reminder, anon. That could have gone horribly wrong.
>>
>>27583518
coffee isnt a date fool
>>
File: DdjlauI.jpg (59 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
DdjlauI.jpg
59 KB, 480x270
>>27583813
A date's whatever you both define it as.
>>
>>27583518
It's going to be awkward at first. Please, PLEASE do NOT abandon it because you think it's not going well because there's a few uncomfortable pauses. They happen because the BOTH of you are nervous. Don't shoot your self in the foot because you aren't instantly clicking and talking endlessly and bail early.

You'll both open up and the conversation will become less stilted and move more freely. It just takes time.
>>
>>27584260
Thanks anon, it's the awkwardness I'm concerned about.

Just give it time, then. Stay calm etc

I have a few reserved topics I can talk for days about about, so that might help.
>>
>>27583518
>And if not, why?
You know why.

The introversion, the avoidance, the fear of human relationships, the weird mix between narcissism and lack of self-esteem, the defeatist attitude, the below average looks, the lack of social abilities. Typical robot stuff.
>>
>>27584542
>the weird mix between narcissism and lack of self-esteem

This
>>
>>27583813
Yes it is

Its like THE thing people do for first dates
>>
>>27584557
That kind of resonates with me but then I remember its just that im a piece of shit.
>>
>>27583518
Anon my advice is just act like your with a friend, cuz really thts all u two are at the moment. If you two dont click, its not the end of the end of the world. Theres loads of chicks out there. Worst case scenario, you still have made a new friend. Relax. Seem interested in what she has to say. Ask about her: family, hobbies, etc.

Maybe say she looks nice if you're feeling up to it. Believe me if she agreed to go out with you, shell appreciate a compliment from u. Personally I didnt flirt on my first date at all but a month later im kissing her.

Oh and one last thing. Pay for her. Even if she suggests paying for herself say you got it, unless she really insists.

I bet youll do great. Good luck!
>>
File: 1446306271400.gif (467 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1446306271400.gif
467 KB, 200x200
>>27584816
>cuz
>Theres loads of chicks out there. Worst case scenario, you still have made a new friend. Relax.
>u
>!

Your kind isn't welcome here.
>>
It's good to hear that OP. Congratuations.
I don't have date advice. Only don't get too anxious (or at least don't show it). Enjoy the time you spend with her, don't rush (like, don't just drink your coffee like water and then say "shall we go out now?"). Pretend it's a friend from high school or something. Don't expect her to be your gf because you two might not be fit for one another.
tl;dr chill
Good luck babe, you're gonna do well
>>
>>27584816
Thanks anon, I'm really glad I posted this here. I'm obviously going to compliment her. She's cute as hell, anyway. :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence!
>>
>>27585325
I don't mind, just a pep talk would be fine. ahaha

I'm planning to say hello in her native tongue (she's European), I thought that might be a nice thing to do. I'll try and learn "you look lovely" but I don't want to butcher it.

P.S I've never been called babe on 4Chan before
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.