[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
robot film thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14
File: livesofothers.gif (162 KB, 800x630) Image search: [Google]
livesofothers.gif
162 KB, 800x630
robot film thread?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106 KB, 1920x1080
Buffalo '66
(1998)

senpai
>>
File: Synedoche[2].jpg (1 MB, 936x1325) Image search: [Google]
Synedoche[2].jpg
1 MB, 936x1325
You only see a tenth of what is true.
There are a million little strings attached
to every choice you make.
You can destroy your life every time you choose
but maybe you won't know for 20 years.
And you may never ever trace it to its source.
And you only get one chance to play it out.
[...]
But while alive you wait in vain, wasting years, for a phonecall or a letter or a look
from someone or something to make it all right and it never comes.
Or it seems to but it doesn't really.
So you spent your time in vague regret or vaguer hope
that somehting good will come along.
Something to make you feel connected.
Something to make you feel whole.
Something to make you feel loved.
And the truth is: I feel so angry.
And the truth is: I feel so fucking sad.
And the truth is: I felt so fucking hurt for so fucking long
and for just as long have been pretending I'm ok
just to get along.
Just for ... I don't know why ... Maybe because
no one wants to hear about my misery
because they have their own.
Well, fuck everybody!
Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9PzSNy3xj0
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whatever_%28film%29
>>
File: Taxi Driver.jpg (156 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
Taxi Driver.jpg
156 KB, 450x600
>>27585076
I thought that was the only good part of the entire movie, everything else was disappointing. But that monologue was top-notch, such a fantastic scene.

Also, this always gets reposted in every r9k movie thread, but I'll recommend it just in case: Taxi Driver. It's been decades and no other robot movie has surpassed it.
>>
>>27585142
Uhhhh, how about drive? Literally 90% of robots, most robots couldn't attract a loli
>>
Nightcrawler

Lou Bloom is my inspiration in life
>>
>>27585428
Drive was an alright movie, I just thought the directing for dialogue was absolutely terrible, ie the extremely long awkward pauses in between responses. The scene where he first meets the boyfriend was really entertaining though. https://youtu.be/zfQ6YBduh84
>>
File: only-god-forgives-ryan-gosling1.jpg (124 KB, 5120x2700) Image search: [Google]
only-god-forgives-ryan-gosling1.jpg
124 KB, 5120x2700
>>27585517
have you seen their other film together?
(Only God Forgives)
>>
>>27585593
No, was it any good? Might watch it.
>>
File: memento-film.jpg (163 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
memento-film.jpg
163 KB, 1200x800
It's really robot in subject matter, but it's a movie robots generally enjoy.

The Man Who Fell to Earth with Bowie in it was excellent and rarely talked about anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPNa9KD4Y_k
>>
Punch Drunk Love

senpai-alam
>>
>>27585502
there's a literal Lou Bloom in my office
>>
Henry is the best robot
>>
>>27585502
mine as well

Lou Bloom official theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ruuMh0fF5s
>>
>>27585139
I have a feeling you and I are the only people who are likely to have seen this film.

I would recommend it, the book it is based on is core robot literature. Excerpt:

"Just like unrestrained economic liberalism, and for similar reasons, sexual liberalism produces the phenomena of absolute pauperisation. Some men male love every day; other five or six times in their life, or never. Some make love with dozens of women,; others with none. its what's known as "The Law of the Market". In an economic system where unfair dismissal is prohibited, every person more or less manages to find their place. In a sexual system where adultery is prohibited, every person more or less manages to find their bedmate. In a totally liberal economic system certain people accumulate considerable fortunes; others stagnate in unemployment and misery, In a totally liberal sexual system certain people have varied and exciting erotic life; others are reduced to masturbation and solitude."
>>
File: 6900422.3.jpg (150 KB, 500x722) Image search: [Google]
6900422.3.jpg
150 KB, 500x722
Saw it on /int/ in Polish thread one day, thought you guys might like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmQqpEy96r4
>>
>>27585633
it's pretty much what you said you disliked about Drive times 100, but I found the movie interesting.

You should check it out!
>>
>>27585076
great movie

desu
>>
>>27586204
I've read the book (couldn't find the movie anywhere). It's the most deadpan representation of modern life ever. Everything is laid out in plain, repulsive detail. Every robot should read it.
>>
The most robot movie ever created is without doubt Un Homme qui Dort
>>
File: falling down.jpg (10 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
falling down.jpg
10 KB, 186x271
this comment was not original fuck you
>>
File: Trainspotting2.png (657 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Trainspotting2.png
657 KB, 1000x562
idk, renton seemed pretty robot-ish to me
>>
File: Rampage_Boll.jpg (28 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Rampage_Boll.jpg
28 KB, 300x400
>>27583479
the most robot movie of all
>>
Where's your favourite places to watch this sort of stuff?
>>
>>27588991
You mean like where to download them? Kickass torrents, piratebay
>>
>>27589151
Nah, I was just wondered if there were any recommended streaming sites.

Thanks, though.
>>
File: costanza.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>27588936
>set in "tenderville"
>>
Dealer (2004) it's about isolation, depression and dreams. Maybe not totaly robot cos the guy does have a gf but that's about the only thing he does have going for him. Please watch.
>>
How about 2081? It's a short film, but not bad.
>>
File: black swan.jpg (50 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
black swan.jpg
50 KB, 486x720
This reminds me of some of the female freaks here.
>>
>Harold and Maude
>A Boy and His Dog
>In the Company of Men
>Eagle vs. Shark
>>
>>27583479

Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kcU2HxmeMY

Cool film about losers. Everyone in the film is a loser who cannot cope, who is trapped in a decaying culture. Despite that it is an action comedy with a cool soundtrack.
>>
>>27589546
>females
>r9k
That's an elaborate myth my friend
>>
>>27588658
>mfw I needed subtitles to understand this
It was like they were speaking a different language.
>>
Vanishing Point - 1971

Watched it last night and it seems it ticks the robot boxes.

Guy is alone in his car majority of the film. Trying to beat a clock so to speak, sort of hears voices, "Suicides" in the end

(The suicide is debatable. Many people say he saw there was a gap and went for it but I reckon some drugs he scored earlier had a big part to play in his final decision)
>>
File: 1444786737157.jpg (33 KB, 515x644) Image search: [Google]
1444786737157.jpg
33 KB, 515x644
>>27588936
How do you people even meme this movie. This was literally the worst movie I've ever seen. Not because I'm a pansy and muh feels, but it was just fucking bad. The story was shit, the action was shit, the acting was shit, the ending was shit,the directing was shit. I know this is r9k and reeeee kill normies but holy fuck that movie was awful
>>
>>27589620
>English isn't even my first language and I understood them fine
>>
>>27589579
>>In the Company of Men
How so? The movie is completely anti-r9k and is about a character literally named Chad who rekks a beta cuck
>>
>>27588936
There is a sequel to it, you know.
>>
>>27589701
It's Uwe Boll, go figure.
>>
>>27589729
Are you a Muslim living in Britain
>>
>>27589799
I just mean that robots can probably identify with the beta more. And it appeals to robots' strong sense of misogyny.

It's been many years since I've seen it, though.
>>
Any Ted Solondz film, but particularly Happiness and Welcome to the Dollhouse.
>>
>>27589892
I agree with both of those. Welcome to the Dollhouse is about a literal fembot. And Phillip Seymour Hoffman's character in Happiness is a true robot.
>>
>>27589846
Well if you don't remember, the whole movie is a black comedy with a twist at the end. At no point does the beta character ever catch a break. That would be like saying This Is England will appeal to racist nationalists because a few characters are racists when the movie has a strong and obvious anti-nationalist message
>>
>>27589831
The crazy thing is that is actually one of his better movies.
>>
>>27589950
Oh, gotcha. I just figured robots would still like to see women getting BTFO by the two guys.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.