[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw 19 & skinny fat >tell myself I'm going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1447934110772.png (299 KB, 540x382) Image search: [Google]
1447934110772.png
299 KB, 540x382
>tfw 19 & skinny fat
>tell myself I'm going to get fit and improve my body and mind
>I'll start tomorrow
>tomorrow comes
>meh I'll really start tomorrow
>turn 23 next month
>still skinny-fat
Anyone of you robots been successful in getting in shape? How did you find the motivation?
It's just so fucking boring imo, I can start it for like a week or 2 max, but once I miss a day the cycle just continues and I'm like fuck it.
>>
>>27582902
Make it a challenge to do the right thing as many days in a row as you can. If you fuck up then you know at least, at a minimum, you can hit that last possible goal. Try to push it

Psyche yourself up. Pace back in forth in your room and convince yourself that you are about to let your feet take you out the door and to the activity you know is the right thing to do. Just let your body go into autopilot. You have to get it started and it'll do it.

Anything today is better than a plan tomorrow.
>>
File: heypussy.jpg (41 KB, 461x570) Image search: [Google]
heypussy.jpg
41 KB, 461x570
>>27582902
do something you enjoy

i used to be a cardiofag and sticking to it was very difficult because it was boring and i hated it, then I got into lifting and i've never had trouble staying motivated since
>>
>>27582902
lifting is fun, cardio is boring

youre probably doing cardio, which is where you went wrong.
>>
Get in the habit of "think-do".

>Think: I should get in shape
>Do: 3 sets of pushups, as many as you can before your pathetic arms give out. As soon as you think it, get on the floor. Don't give yourself time to react.
>Think: I should not buy this unhealthy food item
>Do: Immediately put it on the shelf and continue
>Think: I should go to sleep
>Do: Immediately get off your computer or whatever and go to sleep
>Think: I should read/write/art/hobby
>Do: Get off your computer and start.

No cheating. No buts. No self-rewards. You don't get to reward yourself for not being a piece of shit, by being a piece of shit. Be disciplined. Your reward is looking sexy, getting girls, and not giving a fuck. When you reach that point you can fuck around and eat chips or whatever. It's all about though-action with no time to process it or find a reason not to do it. It sounds like you're a little bitch op, do this and you'll stop being a little bitch.
>>
>>27584051
interesting advice for sure
>>
>>27583898
>lifting is fun
idk how mentally ill you have to be to think this
>>
>>27584178
Im not fat so its no struggle for me.
>>
>>27583898
> lifting is fun, cardio is boring

The reverse. Walking in nature is chill as fuck, lifting and putting down heavy things bores me out of my mind.
>>
>>27582902
Closest I ever got was 6 months into lifting years ago, but then vacations from Uni and other duties came and it went all to shit.

>>27584051
I can vouch for this. The most difficult thing is to start. Turn off the computer and leave the house so you don't get distractions, put your earplugs so you don't give a fuck what anyone thinks and just run or try to do something like pullups. Ask /fit/ for a starter's routine. It takes an average of 21 days to build a habit.

Here'es the one I used:
> Run a couple of laps on the park (increased it as time went and I got stronger)
> 4 sets of push-ups (start between 10 and 20 each) alternated with 4 sets of squats (15-25)
> Lie on your back, lift your feet with the most extended leg you can and try to touch the tip of your feet with your hands (4 sets of 15-20)
> Alternate these with lumbar excercises (just flip yourself over and, lying on the floor, try to arch your back without moving your lower body)
> Stretch and shower, eath something healthy

First day will leave you exhausted, and on days 2 and three the soreness from your muscles will be really crappy if you don't stretch, but if you keep it up, in about a week your body will be conditioned to start improving.

Best of luck
>>
>>27583898
Dude I can leave my house and run all day, it actually feels thrilling especially since I live in a somewhat rural area so there's a lot of nature.
Lifting is fucking torture though, I just don't enjoy that kind of burn & it's way too repetitive.
>>
>>27584868
>>27583898
Both are really crappy until you start seeing results on how you overcome previous plateaus with ease and aim torwards new goals
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.