[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People at work say that I'm very quiet and look pissed off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: smokerino.jpg (125 KB, 719x960) Image search: [Google]
smokerino.jpg
125 KB, 719x960
People at work say that I'm very quiet and look pissed off all the time.
They say they never hear me laugh.

start writing down in a notebook how many times a day I laugh.

>laughed 5 times in the month of march
>Spoke 15-19 times in the month of march

Is something wrong with me /r9k/?

pic unrelated:
>>
mac demarco is my hero and i want to be like him
>>
Your laugh/speech ratio is fine, you just don't interact with others.
I find small talk boring, so when I'm supposed to bond with people I pose hypothetical questions to them "would you rather be blind or deaf?" "would you rather have to add salt or suger to everything you ate" etc.
>>
File: 1410365552021.jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1410365552021.jpg
11 KB, 228x221
>>27582485
Don't we all, man?

He's a pretty cool dude. I wanna be like the lead singer for Thee Oh See too. I watch their KEXP performance over and over again wishing I was as cool as him.
>>
File: fat cat.jpg (111 KB, 598x430) Image search: [Google]
fat cat.jpg
111 KB, 598x430
>>27582540
But I want to interact with people, I've been reading some books on how to socialize better. Stuff like what and what not to talk about, posture, body language etc... I just seem to forget to actually do it. I feel normal about how much interaction I have, but apparently it isn't enough
>>
>>27582704
I read this book called conversational magic and it worked for me.
>>
>Work with 1, maybe 2 Chads with a large group of Staceys
>One Chad is actually alright, he talked to me a few times and was very friendly. We ended up talking for a few minutes during lunch about hunting.
>The other Chad is too talkative, completely insufferable
>Literally every day I saw him, someone would make the mistake of asking him how he was doing
>"Just another day in paradise haha"
>The Staceys would take their turns attempting to genuinely laugh at this shitty joke over and over again
>You could see the disappointment on the faces of the other men that worked there
Don't become this kind of rehearsed normalfag. Best of luck to you though, being more social isn't an easy task.
>>
>>27582470
you like mac demarco plz be my e-bf
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.