[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hate lifting >love running >tfw this is the body of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Marathoner.jpg (45 KB, 377x370) Image search: [Google]
Marathoner.jpg
45 KB, 377x370
>hate lifting
>love running
>tfw this is the body of a runner
Why must the one type of fitness I enjoy result in the most unappealing body on Earth?
>>
>>27582443
I think that body has more to do with living in Kenya.. Pushups.jpg
>>
>>27582443
usain bolt is a runner.

play any sport that you run in most of the time. game over.
>>
>>27582496
Long distance runners have really low body fat and really lean muscle, they're pretty much skeletons.
>>
>>27582443
0/10
Thats the body of a ridiculously long distance runner. Sprinters have the same chad body as plenty of other athletes.
>>
>>27582542
He's a sprinter, I like long distance running.
>>
Lifting increases testosterone. Running, sadly, doesn't.
Why don't you like lifting?
>>
>>27582617
I just don't enjoy it, I don't get that rush of endorphins or whatever that I get from running.

Running is fucking exhilarating, the wind, the air, everything about it is great, I just feel free and wonderful. Lifting things in a cramped, stuffy room with a hundred other guys really doesn't do it for me.
>>
>>27582570
what???

you're a faggot then i hope your knees turn to shit in your 30s.
>>
>>27582691
Distance running doesn't actually fuck up your knees
My distance coach in high school was almost 60 and still running a sub 17 min 5k
>>
>>27582734
i'm just hoping it happens to you.
>>
>>27582734
Huh. Odd, because there are a couple distance runners in my family who's knees are completely jacked because of it
>>
>>27582670
Well you can always /bodyweight/ I guess
>>
Just don't become an olympic runner.
>>
>>27582876
I ruined my knees because of mistakes on my part. If you do it right it's fine. Still gonna wear out I mean if you use something it wears out. Genetics probably has something to do with it too.
>>
>>27582876
I can't imaging running fucking your knees up unless you do it wrong, humans are built for long distance endurance running, we can run down practically any land animal on Earth.
>>
>>27582691
Why is running considered gay? It's healthier than straight lifting in every way.
>>
add 10-15 pounds of muscle to that guy and he'd look great. It's really doable mate. Maybe a 12-16 months.
>>
>>27583007
for one thing, humans aren't built for living much beyond 30.

as far as i remember our muscles/tendons are relatively shitty and 2 legs are worse than 4, especially for that stress on the knees. humans just train smart and use tools. humans today fuck their shit up because they run irregularly or just overdo it over a lifetime of competition or whatever.
>>
>>27583238
>for one thing, humans aren't built for living much beyond 30.
That's not entirely true. Throughout history, if you could survive childhood, you'd usually live into your 60s.
>>
>unappealing

nope. depends on your culture and your preferences.

the "chad body " mem has to stop.
>>
>>27582670
I know that feel all too well - I love the feeling of running 10km jamming out to awesome music. You feel so God damn alive. At least with running I can go outside. Lifting is slow, boring, and too isolating for me. But I've been trying to do it more often because no proper exercise regimen doesn't involve lifting.
>>
>>27583306
I've been told that skinny guys in the eyes of women are literally seen in the same light as obese women in the eyes of men, it's bizarre.
>>
>>27583305
Human physiology evolved before all of history, I'm sure some humans in the paleolithic period live into their 60s but I can't imagine it was too common.
>>
Switch off. I lift one day, run the next. I went from a manlet to skinny fat and then did the running/lifting thing and I look pretty decent now, better than any other time in my life.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 522x756) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 522x756
>hate lifting
>hate running
>tfw this is the body of someone who doesn't do any of them
>>
>>27583305
no theres a pretty clear point when humans are designed to shut down and it's not anywhere near 60 for most people. the point isn't about how smart humans are, it's about how those dainty knees turn to ashes instead of repairing themselves because we don't need to live beyond that point.
>>
there's nothing unappealing about a runners body.

are you brainwashed by mens fitness and /fit/?
>>
>>27583513
Have you actually tried running outdoors? It's pretty nice, even though it's physically exerting it's fairly relaxing.
>>
>>27583583
I has the social anxieties XD
>>
>>27583554
>are you brainwashed by mens fitness and /fit/?
I don't know, maybe. You never really see women talking about that lean runner bod, it's always the bulky hardcore lifting bod that they go crazy over, or ottermode.
>>
>>27583404
Hey fellow bot I am also looking to do this. Before I was a skelly and could never gain weight for years so I ceased activity, ate like shit, and am now skinny fat manlet. You think it is necessary for us skels to go to skinny fat before lifting? Any tips?
>>
>>27583604
What does that have to do with anything? You don't need to socialize. Nobody even takes a second glance at joggers.
>>
>>27583583
I have tried it.
I wanted to do it to spend some calories and get in a bit better shape. I did it 4 times in about 5 years and now it has been about a year since I did it last.
It doesn't feel good, it feels absolutely horrible.
>>
>>27583636
Well I guess it isn't for everyone. If you overdo it it definitely doesn't feel good, you need to work your way up slowly, I definitely know the feel of going too hard - pounding headache, out of breathe for the rest of the day, loss of focus, you basically need to spend the rest of the day resting, it fucking sucks ass.
>>
>>27583583
I used to run outdoors in military schooling
felt really good t b h
after 3 months I was breathing really fucking well
then weed came over
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.