[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Normie shit you hate seeing people talk about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (199 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
199 KB, 1920x1080
ITT: Normie shit you hate seeing people talk about
>>
File: Portopotty in space.jpg (126 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Portopotty in space.jpg
126 KB, 612x380
I can never think the same of people after I find out they like this show.
I often stop speaking to them when it's elective to do so.
>>
>>27582132

Adventure time as well
>>
>implying I can afford to be judgemental about pointless arbitrary shit
I watch Rick and Marty because it's short and it's easy to pick out what the memes/references are gonna be. Like Marty's catchphrase.
>>
>>27582176
I feel you my family, utter cancer
>>
>>27582221
I understand your frustration, but this thread is not for Reddit to defend itself.
>>
One Punch Man

All those series like Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, etc.

>>27582176

It's a shame that normies are ruining it, because I really enjoy this serie.
>>
>>27582132
>Doctor Who, Firefly, Friends, normie anime, Hunger Games, comic books/comic book movies (especially avengers and batman,) trading card games, legend of zelda, pokemon, animals
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (368 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
368 KB, 1920x1080
>>27582272
I really don't understand the following
>>
>>27582302

He is right, I'm also tired of this Hunger Game/Divergent/whatever normie-tier film hype.
>>
File: fam ilyguy.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
fam ilyguy.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
A very long time ago, there was a show called The Honeymooners. This show was so popular, other shows started to copy its format.
Just as the copy of an image loses quality, and the copy of a copy still, Family guy is the logical conclusion of fifty years of continual mutation and degradation.
>>
>Sons of anarchy
>le anarchy works guys
>pssh, don't talk to me about roads. Community hires people for those
>look how the Sons are Ridding their neighborhood of nazi's and wetbacks
>haha it's OK to call them wetbacks because they're bad people
>Jax is an OK guy, he totally only murders when he has to cover up murder or silence witnesses
>le meme dad Anarchy-Bible, I'd love to read that shit
>>
Anything dark and gritty: Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Nolan's Batman movies, Dragon Age, The Witcher, and so on. Dark and gritty is the worst form of normie pretense.
>>
fallout, skyrim, basically every bethesda game

i really do NOT understand how anyone finds those games entertaining. the gameplay in every single one is clunky dog shit and the stories aren't interesting enough to keep me invested. every single game by them i've tried to play i just give up after like 5-10 hours because they are just so unbelievably boring
>>
>>27582724
Walking Dead show and games are shit but anything Comic Book is great, mate. Give it a shot. Definitely agree about superhero movies though. Watched Deadpool yesterday. I wonder why normies even bother watching these shitfest cashgrabs with no respect of source content.

Star Wars VII was unbearable.
>>
Meme games like Dark Souls. IS GOOD BECAUSE IS LE HARD XDDD U DONT LYK MY 2006 GRAPHICS AND 1967 WRITING BECAUSE U BAD XDDD GAME IS GOOD BECAUSE IS HARD U SUK XXXXDDDDD
>>
>I hate popular things: the thread
>>
File: 1439917925866.jpg (184 KB, 625x508) Image search: [Google]
1439917925866.jpg
184 KB, 625x508
Why are you even here? Originalcock
>>
>>27583122
>>27582922

Sorry my redditor friend, meant to quote you in there
>>
the first season of rick and morty was really really good. Someone let Dan Harmon jerk himself off about the second season though. It was so fucking gay and if you enjoyed watching it you are a fucking retard
>>
Bernie Sanders

Could ya not robot
>>
File: image.png (942 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
942 KB, 1334x750
>Bernie Sanders
>Sherlock
>Doctor Who
>Harry Potter
>pretending a character in a show is gay (Luke from Star Wars is a prime example)
>heavy metal
>rap
>feminism
>men's rights
>>
File: adsf.png (241 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
adsf.png
241 KB, 500x370
>>27582221
>rick and marty
>marty's catchphrase
>>
Fucking anime. It's just japanese cartoons for kids. Dont know why it is such a big thing.
>>
>>27583354
>men's rights
>normie
>>
>>27582263
> because I really enjoy this serie.
HaA!
>>
>>27583221
The Unity and alien parasite episodes were really good, and though the episode wasn't very good overall, this scene was pure magic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as
>>
>>27582132
fucking hipsters trying to stick down peoples throat their "creative" interests
>>
File: pika.jpg (7 KB, 250x179) Image search: [Google]
pika.jpg
7 KB, 250x179
>>27582272

Game of thrones is a tough one. I had read the books before season 1 even started and I was so excited to see that a large amount of people who would never even think about picking up a book would get to enjoy the same story I did. All that really happened is that normies everywhere shout about LE RED WEDDING. the producers really made the shows defining feature just edgy cruelty and casual unnecessary sex. In the show sansa has been tortured by multiple cis male characters for multiple seasons and It would end anytime soon. Plenty of grade-A Autists love ASOIAF and I for one will not be lumped in with these normies heathens
>>
>autistic retards that watch moe shit, fap to traps and hate everything that is even remotely popular
I seriously hope you guy dont actually believe your tastes are "superior"
>>
>>27583657
>In the show sansa has been tortured by multiple cis male characters for multiple seasons and It would end anytime soon.

sigh. sansa chapters in the books are boring as shit and she doesn't do anything. at least in the show they actually put her in the fucking plot, rather than hang around at the eyrie with that autist shit head robin
>>
>>27582176
This, fucking this. I find it funny that thing is called TARDis kek.
>>
Imagine if OP is a normie 9gag user trying to dodge things that piss off 4chan just to fit in
>>
>>27583438
Did you find it funny or are you just pointing it out arbitrarily? Because I swear I've had this happen before and that time it was someone who thought it was funny and gave a very thoughtful response about how he viewed the post.
>>
Harry Potter

It's intellectually stunted my entire generation.
>>
File: 1434575050496.png (373 KB, 374x586) Image search: [Google]
1434575050496.png
373 KB, 374x586
Does talking about comic books really come off as normie now? Like, not even the movies or movie title characters?

I don't understand this world anymore.
>>
>>27584991
I don't think so. This board is just shit today.
>>
I hate when normies start talking about the deep web or /b/

>OMG is really creepy in there
>they are master trolls lel xD
>you can buy any kinds of shit and get people killed
>>
File: 1339819819001.jpg (54 KB, 461x461) Image search: [Google]
1339819819001.jpg
54 KB, 461x461
>>27583679
Usually things that get accepted by or made for mainstream audiences ends up being dumbed down or streamlined.

This isn't just a case of "I'm superior because I don't like popular things", I don't care for MGTOW and it's not a particularly popular thing.
>>
>>27584991
Nobody said liking comic books was normie, all of the marvel universe movies are.
>>
>>27585067
There's far creepier shit and we know about it is the problem. Like making cyanide or nitroglycerin. It's stupid easy and retardedly dangerous. I'm surprised terrorists aren't poisoning people.

I think that you disliking people for pointing things out as they are is more of a you problem.
>>
>>27582343
Did you even watch SoA? It's not about anarchy at all.
>>
>>27584916
Meh, shitty YA novels have always been around
>>
>>27585156
No I know I'm just baiting. Thought more people had seen it and cared. Even the stuff his dad wrote doesn't even support anarchy as intended.

They're obviously just despots.
>>
>>27582132
This is one normy thing i actually like.
A major theme of it is being totally overwhelmed and not understanding anything going on around you, and has some blatant existential/nihilist stuff going on as well. I'd think robots could at-least appreciate those parts of it.
one example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VnMywkxKc8

the characters are generally very alineated as most robots are
>>
>>27585124
this guy did >>27582272
just wanted to make sure my hobbies were aspie approved
>>
Shit when did r9k become a fucking hipster circle-jerk?
>>
I really like pickup videos.
Especially the 'challenge' ones. I can still trick myself that women don't always give Chad their number.
>>
>>27585257
Hipsters choose to not like popular things to be fashionable.
I choose not to like popular things because it's almost always shit.

Yeah chad, I really liked the latest cookie cutter corridor shooter with regenerating health and a wall-running gimmick thanks and I'll definitely check out that painfully bad sitcom you recommended, I'll catch you later on xbox live after I'm done installing the game.
>>
>>27585318
Yeah bro, I'm such a nerd - I spent almost 2 hours playing Call of Duty the other day, I had to go out and take Stacy to pound town to make up for it.
>>
>>27585257

hipsters would take a bullet for rick and reddity though
>>
>>27582132
>Facebook
>Steam
>The Big Bang Theory
>Hunger Games
>reboots/remakes of late '80s-early '00s movies/songs/games/shows (they mostly end up being worse than original in my opinion)

>>27584916
this
>>
>>27582132
>you hate seeing people talk about
why do you care what normies talk about?
>>
rick and morty was good
>>
I go on reddit all the time so its why it matters, but i swear. i dont even get what their obsession over fucking rick and morty is. literally any board you go on on there no matter the topic, no matter the subject. you could see a rick and morty reference and subsequent comment stream about it, where all they do is just post references and catchphrases to it
>>
>>27585181
Yeah, but they were never affirmed in the way Harry Potter has been. Every "smart" kid I knew (especially girls) saw them as masterpieces.
>>
>>27586009
They were pretty universal and successfully instilled a sense of wonderment. It's literary comfort food and I can't blame people for enjoying that comfort. A lot of people won't look at the literary structure and if a character is dull as dishwater, like Harry Potter, are happy as clams to pretend Harry is just like them.
>>
>>27585257
4chan has always been a contrarian site since it started, every board is like this
>>
>>27582132
>cultural statism (AKA language law)
>stupid TV shows
>celebrity gosip
>bunch of untalented musician on the radio
>muh contribution to society
>>
>>27582185
well, adventure time is really good so... No.
>>
>>27582132
I like Rick and Morty, don't really talk about it though, and I don't wait in excitement for any episodes. Used to like Adventure Time, but found it boring after a couple of seasons.

I do not like: Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Breaking Bad, Big Bang Theory or basically anything on TV.

Also do not like Anime, I don't get this prevalent weeabo problem and romanticizing of Asia despite half of my friends from there.

Degenerate garbage I pretty actively hate include: Harry Potter, Twilight, Frozen, Any Super Hero movie, Transformers, basically everything.

Also hate all popular media like: Drake, Taylor Swift, Kayne, Justin Bieber, the 10 year old looking Ariana Grande, basically every musician that has average to no talent that produces garbage people listen to for the sake of its popularity.

Not so much hate I guess, just get bored, I like my interactive media instead.
>>
>>27582864

Its because console players haven't seen any post-2006 graphics.
>>
hearing adults talking fondly about south park makes me cringe no other
>>
hey guise, i hate things all the other people like,
because im so cool and not mainstream.
i just fagged in this thread to tell you this,
see you later, brows.
>>
>>27587735
Hey bros, I make sure to enjoy whatever is popular at the moment. Thinking critically and forming my own opinions might make me seem pretentious and phony. I wouldn't want that.
>>
>"North Korea is sooo eevilll!!!! ;___;"
>"Russia is soo eeviilll!!!! ;____;"
>"Assad is sooo eeeviill!!! ;____;"
>>
>>27587297
>Also hate all popular media like: Drake, Taylor Swift, Kayne, Justin Bieber, the 10 year old looking Ariana Grande, basically every musician that has average to no talent that produces garbage people listen to for the sake of its popularity.
I hate this poptimist trend too, but those people are pretty talented. Still doesn't stop them from making bad music.
>>
>>27583122
He's looking russian as fuck in this pic
>>
>>27582176
Are Dr. Who fans generally shitty people?
>>
>>27582132
>>27582176
>>27582263
>>27582272
>>27582342
>>27582788
>>27582831
>>27583234
>>27587857

agree with all blox of these
>>
>>27587827
*gives high five*
see you in the rate thread paul.
>>
>>27587827

The funny thing is that this is a false dichotomy. You shouldn't be doing either of these things. Doesn't matter if you're a braindead mainstream media whore who jumps on bandwagons and only likes things when they become popular or an obnoxious contrarian hipster who only likes things that are suffieciently underground and carry enough 'indie cred'. You're a fucking cretin either way and you're incapable of forming your own thoughts and opinions on things. You're usually the loudest and most up your ass about the things you like too, and most likely to shit on others for their tastes. We've all seen hipsters acting elitist and like they're above mainstream things, but what many people fail to appreciate is that the mainstream trend followers are every bit as bad and every bit as judgemental. In short, your both cunts. Rick and Morty is fucking great too.
>>
>>27588057
Usually they're anglophiles who pride themselves in being "lawl so nrrdy!"
So yes.
>>
>pizza
Holy fuck they never stop talking about it. I literally when from "ok" to hate it.
>>
>>27582176
>>27582342
I gotta agree with these, especially Dr. Who
whats up with that show that attracts so many autists
>>
>>27582272
So basicly everything?
>>
>>27588234
Yeah, but first I have to read a few thinkpieces about how people that dislike music targeted at teenage girls are sexist bigots. I wouldn't dare be anything like that.
>>
File: HelloReddit.jpg (678 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
HelloReddit.jpg
678 KB, 3192x2124
> mfw still not convinced this isnt you roiland
>>
>>27588335

Why would other people talking about a certain food all the time make you suddenly despise the way it tastes? Could it be that you're incapable of thinking for yourself and are so weak minded that you'll allow others to dictate the very flavour of the food you eat?

Pathetic.
>>
File: 1458982556758.jpg (28 KB, 627x626) Image search: [Google]
1458982556758.jpg
28 KB, 627x626
>>27588437
Same goes for shows. You get sick of it if you see it every other minute.
>>
>>27588386
I was wondering when the SJW bogeyman would rear its head.
>>
>>27588506
He's not baiting, he's right. You are a weak-willed cuck who allows other people to shape his likes and dislikes. Faggot.
>>
>>27588555
Trips confirmes it. I am a faggot ;_;
At least I am not a homosexual
>>
File: 1445447175984.png (264 KB, 380x458) Image search: [Google]
1445447175984.png
264 KB, 380x458
>>27582176
>OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T WATCH DR. WHO LIKE IT'S LITERALLY THE BEST SHOW EVER LIKE I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN UGHHH
>>
>>27588522
Don't kid yourself. Popismism is very much politically driven.
>>
I think it's okay but don't personally see the appeal. The quirky personalities thing gets old quick
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.