[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you tried crying yet anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 11
File: AM6GMw5[1].jpg (105 KB, 672x880) Image search: [Google]
AM6GMw5[1].jpg
105 KB, 672x880
Why haven't you tried crying yet anon?
>>
I thought these fags never stopped crying.
>>
File: ji.png (76 KB, 164x226) Image search: [Google]
ji.png
76 KB, 164x226
>>27582073
i think the suicides are more of a result of the gynocracy we live in. they are killing themselves because they can't be men.

encouraging men to be bitches is the problem.
>>
>>27582073
Because I'm not a faggot.

originalcomment
>>
>>27582073
I haven't really been able to ever since I went through puberty, as much as I'd like to be able to more frequently. Typically instead of crying its replaced with apathy and a deep pain mainly in my chest and throughout my body, lasting a day or so.
>>
because i will kill myself
>>
File: 1423777358399.jpg (321 KB, 1000x890) Image search: [Google]
1423777358399.jpg
321 KB, 1000x890
>>27582073
>male privilege

I don't know who this edgy healthy rich white kid is but his delusions can only exist in the mind of someone whose life is too easy, if there is such a thing. Well, there is, apparently.
>>
>>27582073
I'm almost afraid to kill myself only because then i'll be paraded around as a statistic of men who were "afred 2 cryy :'("
>>
>>27582073
I don't have my glasses on is that the beatles?
>>
File: ackchyually.png (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
19 KB, 200x200
>>27582073
Men commit suicide more than women, but women attempt suicide more than men. Men are just more often successful in their attempts.

It's because women choose methods that are prone to failure, like swallowing pills (pass out and get revived by a doctor) whereas men choose methods that are actually fatal, like a bullet to the noggin
>>
File: scary.jpg (92 KB, 720x871) Image search: [Google]
scary.jpg
92 KB, 720x871
>>27582473
They do it for attention, not for actual death.
>>
>>27582073
It will never change. And it's not because of the patriarchy. It's because of biology. Women think it would be nice if men could show emotion, but in reality nobody wants a fucking useless whiny crybaby. Least of all women and feminists.

The problem wiyh society is that we actually take what women say seriously when they are all stupid hypocrites.
>>
>>27582558
It happened post-WW2, didn't it. Loads of men raised by single mothers. They got raised to believe what they were told by women.
>>
>>27582126
The majority of clinically depressed men would not be macho even if masculinity was encouraged (which it still is by anyone who isn't from tumblr, hence the last few panels of the OP's image). If anything, it probably stems from lack of desirability and loneliness.
>>27582558
>Women think it would be nice if men could show emotion, but in reality nobody wants a fucking useless whiny crybaby
>The problem wiyh society is that we actually take what women say seriously
That's why it's so popular for men to cry today, right? Dumb as fuck.
>>
>>27582641
Plus women entered the work-force and flooded the education industry.

I had maybe 7 male teachers total over my entire academic career. PK-Uni
>>
>>27582684
My schooling up until the age of 12 was all female teachers.
>>
>>27582672
It will never be popular because although people encourage it, nobody likes it or ever will. It sounds nice and utopic though, so women and feminists still believe it because good vibes and appearing moral is more important than observing reality
>>
>>27582672
It's popular for men to admit their weakness and cry at times of extreme distress.
But to cry at every single problem in life is still seen as weak
>>
>>27582684
In elementary school, most of the teachers were female with the exception of the gym teacher, a 4th grade teacher, and the music teacher.

Middle school was kind of the same, though men tended to teach gym, math, and science. Women taught everything else.

High school was pretty much a 50/50 split. Most of the male teachers, however, taught the science and math classes while the female teachers taught English, health, sociology, political science, art, etc.

There were some exceptions, there were 2 male English teachers at my school, a male sociology teacher (also taught history), and a female gym teacher.
>>
File: Ben Stiller Crying On the Beach.gif (496 KB, 296x160) Image search: [Google]
Ben Stiller Crying On the Beach.gif
496 KB, 296x160
>>27582807
It's popular in theory but here's what actually happens.

Women like it when Chad cries. When a strong alpha male who doesn't have any reason to cry gets choked up over the birth of his child or whatever the fuck. That turns women on.

The kid sitting in the bottom of his shower drenched in tears because he feels utterly displaced in a world that has rejected him and today just really got to him is not viewed favorably.

It's like those feminist chicks who say we should abolish gender roles and then hook up with muscular "problematic" guys on tinder then complain about how bad they are treated to their corral of beta orbiters.
>>
>>27582917
Hey that's Frayser
>>
>>27582917
Pretty much this. Women are idiots.
>>
>>27583046
>Women are attracted to attractive people
>Women are idiots.
>>
>>27583069
You're missing the point. Women say they like a sensitive caring man so average dudes show that side of themselves and get dumped or cheated on.

What they really mean is:

I want to see a muscular hunk get emotional.

It's the hypocrisy.
>>
>>27582473
There is no such thing as "attempted" suicide. You either do it or you don't. You can blow your head off, drown yourself, burn yourself alive, if you want to die then you will fucking die. "Attempted" suicide is just attention seeking, pure and simple.
>>
>>27583119
Obviously they would rather see a muscular hunk get emotional than Feeble Francis sobbing into his pale, cheeto dust-covered hands - that goes without saying. When a man says he wishes women would walk around in short shorts, does he mean pic related? Of course not. No one in their right mind would assume that.
>>
>>27583227
Just more proof that if you're not attractive you really should just end yourself

Literally everyone sees you as worthless

Looks = worth
>>
>>27583163
Much like how a murder can go wrong, so can a suicide.
The bullet may go wide and blast out his skull cap but still leave him comatose.
He may set himself on fire only for someone to extinguish him
>>
1. Don't be an idiot.
2. Don't set yourself on fire near people.
3. Just fucking drown yourself if you're that stupid.
>>
>>27583163
>There is no such thing as "attempted" suicide.
There demonstrably is though, you fucking idiot. Attention seeking or not, an attempt is an attempt by defi-fucking-nition.

Fuck off back to /b/, edgelord.
>>
>>27582126

If only we lived in a world where you can get laid hundreds of times by a different woman each week.

Oh wait.
>>
>>27583343
It's not an attempted suicide if your end goal is not to kill yourself. Your end goal is to get everyone to pay attention to you.

Go back to Facebook your whiny cunt.
>>
>>27583227
Yeah no shit

I'm just saying that the OP image is a fucking lie

Men can't cry. Women will judge them and look down on them
>>
>>27583396
Lol nice backpedaling.
>>
>>27583163
This. It's not a coincidence that the vast majority of "attempted suicide" people are women and that the highest suicide rate is by men.
>>
>>27583372
>It's not an attempted suicide if your end goal is not to kill yourself
That's pure conjecture on your part, though. You are pulling broad, meaningless shit from your ass just so you can edge it up.

>It's not an attempted suicide if your end goal is not to kill yourself
I mean this is complete bullshit. How are you going to determine the person's motivations beyond what they tell you? All you're doing is making very broad assumptions and passing them off as pithy insight.

But let's pose a hypothetical, just to lay on the autism a bit more: what if, as you say, there is no such thing as attempted suicide, but a man seeks to jump in front of a train trips and has his arms injured instead. In statements to the hospital and police afterwards, he says he wanted to commit suicide, but fell. What would you call that if not attempted suicide?
>>
>>27583419
Nah. I understand your argument. I don't think you get mine.
>>
>>27582891
>a female gym teacher.
They're a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, all the lads will get a crush on her and be more competitive and more involved in sport. On the other it completely destroys the spirit of teams.

Plus, once they're in their senior year, she becomes increasingly more likely to start an affair with one of them.
>>
>>27582073
we don't even get paid more, we just tend to work jobs women wont for longer hours. The wage gap is a myth. But yeah I agree, narcissistic abuse causes a lot of people to kill themselves.
>>
>>27583480
>What would you call that if not attempted suicide?
An accident because it was unintended that he fell and injured himself. It's like if on the way to drown myself in the ocean I slip and fell and broke my leg. I was ON THE WAY to kill myself but the thing that happened beforehand was just an accident.
>>
>>27583490
Bro the image itself says that men aren't allowed to cry.
>>
>>27583372
Can you not see how desperate the act of it is? It's getting on your hands and knees.
>>
>>27583480
>You are pulling broad, meaningless shit from your ass just so you can edge it up.
If you really wanted to die, you can just fill a bathtub with water and lay in it belly up until you die, it's that simple. It is not hard to kill yourself, people who do this dramatic fucking theatrical bullshit are just looking for attention. Plain and simple. It is not hard to kill yourself in this day and age, the majority of suiciders get it right the first fucking time.

>How are you going to determine the person's motivations beyond what they tell you?
By their actions. If you wanted to kill yourself, you would be dead right now. Otherwise, you're just looking for attention.
>>
Completely serious:
Right now suicide feels more easy to do than crying.
I've cried maybe two three times since I was 11. One was fairly random I think. Other was a few weeks after my grandmother died, blamed it on this dude for making fun of her death. I could feel it coming and panicked. I'm sure nobody bought it.
Third was maybe two years ago. I hadn't thought of relationships or anything like that for a long time but getting back to university made me realize just how undesirable I am (being 4 years late with graduation if things go well) and how it's very unlikely that someone will like me romantically. I'm not social enough to do that stuff.

And this is pretty disturbing. It's not something you get perspective on until you get told about it. Guys rarely mock you for crying outside of bullies. But girls are just giving you the worst looks around that age. It makes me wonder how we were like outside of society. Does the exact same thing happen? Either way I'd really like to cry because it's always a relief. And a big part of it is that people see you do it, but that won't happen ever.

Swedish perspective, obviously relevant.
>>
>>27583629
It's a desperate act for attention, yes.
>>
Physically can't probably social norms
>>
>>27583509
In addition to this anons comment, if the wage gap were real, why do men ever have jobs?
>>
>>27583547
>An accident because it was unintended that he fell and injured himself
But he intended to die in the first place, which is exactly what you were talking about before when you said there was no such thing as an "attempted" suicide because anybody attempting suicide apparently doesn't really intend to do it.

Okay, then what about another man who tried to blow his head off? Unfortunately, he survives, now paralyzed from the neck down. After, he communicates his intentions of suicide to his family, who are charged with his care. He fully intended to commit suicide, by his own admission. Using your logic, if the "end goal" is suicide, then it should be attempted suicide.

I could settle this right here by quoting verbatim the dictionary definition of the word 'attempt' if you like. It might save us some time.
>>
>>27582441
Google says it's some guy named Josh Thomas.
>>
>>27583685
>what about another man who tried to blow his head off? Unfortunately, he survives
Use a shotgun.
>>
>>27583350
no man fucks over 1 hundred women per week, not even dan bilzerian, stop
>>
>>27583685
>But he intended to die in the first place
He intended to get run over by a fucking train and he accidentally slip and hurt himself instead. It was an accident. The slipping part was unintentional hence it is not "attempted".

>Okay, then what about another man who tried to blow his head off?
I'm not even going to read the rest of this because the only way to fail shooting yourself is to be a complete moron. Take a shotgun or magnum and there will be nothing left of your fucking head.
>>
>>27583731
XDDDD epic

>>27583715
Josh Thomas is an Australian hack "comedian". Outside of the image in the OP, I'd wager just about everything else he's ever said or thought about anything is Tumblr-tier bullshit.
>>
>>27583343
Oh yes of course. An attempt is an 'attempt'. But the expected result is never really death in most of the situations. You find that girls who actually commit suicide have multiple attempts behind them. Men tend to go on first try.

If that says anything it's that either women are too retarded to kill themselves in a world filled with dangers. Or women are seeking attention. Now you even have easily accessible information on how to kill yourself effectively? Do you honestly believe that women who have a bell curve that's that narrow will actually not be smart enough to figure out how to kill themselves painlessly, easily and effectively? No that's retarded. Have you even thought about this anon? If a suicide attempt (actual attempt) fails would you tell anyone? Say you're dumb enough to try pills and alcohol. You pussy out and get your stomach pumped because of inconvenience, or you just deal with it and try later (because people trying to help you isn't what you want, you didn't want just attention).

It makes evolutionary sense too. Women have value by virtue of having reproductive organs. If they get attention they can have babies and keep their genes going. Guys have no value in terms of reproduction and if they feel inadequate, can't help the tribe, they have no sensible reason to continue. They just cost others food.
>>
>>27583685
>what about another man who tried to blow his head off?
If he's trying to blow his off then he's going to be using a shotgun in which case there is 0% chance he is surviving.
>>
>>27583795
>The slipping part was unintentional hence it is not "attempted".
It happened during the attempt though. No suicidal ideation, no attempt, no fall. In this scenario, I don't know how you could conclude that it was anything other than a suicide attempt without serious mental gymnastics.

>I'm not even going to read the rest of this because the only way to fail shooting yourself is to be a complete moron
Fucking kek, seriously? You're going to throw toys from your pram now? Read it and refute it, big guy.
>>
File: 1441588945210.jpg (27 KB, 542x474) Image search: [Google]
1441588945210.jpg
27 KB, 542x474
>tfw cried a lot in front of classmates in elementary school
>>
>>27583661
You have to dig a bit deeper, man. Yeah, it's a ploy for attention. That doesn't mean that they don't want to do it.
>>
>>27583848
There really isn't. There are multiple reported cases of failed attempts by gunshot, including shotguns.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (59 KB, 647x955) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
59 KB, 647x955
>>27583854
>tfw cried on the bus in 7th grade
>>
>>27583850
>It happened during the attempt though
If on the way to the gun store to buy the shotgun to kill myself I get into a car accident that paralyzed me, that also happened "during" my attempt but that doesn't mean it was part of it.
>>
>>27582073
Because it won't fix anything. It won't fix my retarded flatmates, nor me not getting a job.
>>
>>27583838
I don't disagree with this, but it still relies heavily on broad conjecture. Which is fine, but it's definitely not enough to let that other guy get off with saying "there is no such thing as 'attempted' suicide", which is the only reason I'm still here sperging out.
>>
>>27583069
>women are attracted to attractive people
Sure. That's fine.
>women are not realizing why Chad crying over non-issues is attractive and extrapolates it to every guy
This is stupid.
>women realize exactly why they like it but they know their emotional response to men that are unattractive (non chad) with real problems or just men with real problems. So they encourage the openness because that allows them to discriminate between viable mates better
This isn't dumb.
We're foolish for assuming the second situation is the truth but they're very convincing. There's also that quote I never buy.
"Don't attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence".
It's utter garbage but it supports my point here so if you're a moron who buys quotes as arguments then it's good for me to say this.
>>
>>27583901
Nope. You hadn't intended to die by car accident, you intended to die by gunshot. If you fail the gunshot during a SUICIDE ATTEMPT, then it is a failed suicide. Get into an accident on the way to the store to buy a gun and kill yourself with, then it's an accident unrelated to any sort of suicide attempt.
>>
Most suicide "attempts" are from women.
Most actual suicides are from men.

One sex is known for attention seeking to absurd degrees and one is not.

How much more does it need to be spelled out?
>>
>>27583968
>You hadn't intended to die by car accident
And they didn't intend to die by slipping and break their limbs. They intended to get run over a train. It was an accident.
>>
>>27583992
that doesn't mean that men attention whore less though. they just get violent or start harassing people usually instead of feeling sorry for themselves. and r9k is a great example of men who act like women.
>>
>>27583992
I would say that women attempt suicide for attention at a higher rate than men, but another factor we're all forgetting is that women who really do want to commit suicide do it in less deadly ways than men. Like overdosing on pills or putting your head in the oven, there's a good chance of failure even if your intentions are in it.
>>
>>27584017
But the accident happened DURING the suicide attempt. Unlike the scenario you posed earlier, with the car on its way to the gun store.
>>
>>27584084
But it an unintentional hence it wasn't "attempted".
>>
>>27583227
>get an explanation and doesn't get it
Its not about the preference. Obviously any interaction is better when the person is attractive and you don't need to be jealous. Regardless the claim that men (as a group in a social justice context) should cry is disadvantageous to men and advantageous to women.
So the interpretation that women are stupid is the naive and good natured response.
The cynical response is that they're evil whores who would utilize someone's trust towards their own gain like that.

Seriously, go on /adv/ and ask the ask the opposite sex thread. See how the response is. It's most likely very polarized. Because some women don't do the bs they do normally in an anonymous situation. Some still do. Compare how they respond compared to say, youtube clips where 'men can't cry' is. And it's not an MRA circle thing. Ideally it should be a video encouraging men to cry.

Just gauge the normies. You will find their opinion differs greatly from people who are in altruistic moods/who aren't invested at all.
And yes the perception is that YT videos matter when they have 3 million views. Doesn't matter how untrue that is. It's a perception.
>>
"Attempted suicide" and suicide failure should be two distinct things.

That girl that slits her wrists and hopes to bleed out and the guy that gets run over by a train and still manages to live somehow shouldn't be in the same category.
>>
>>27583929
>based on board conjecture
Sorry for being sexist but you sound like a woman. Someone rational would point out said conjecture. I obviously don't write my post with conjecture knowingly. Not without it being explicit at least. It's kinda the nature of conjecture in argument that you avoid it.
>>
>>27584104
attempt
verb
make an effort to achieve or complete (something difficult).

So if he attempted to jump in front of the train to kill himself and failed, it was a failed suicide attempt.

I don't see why this is so hard to understand.
>>
>>27584154
>gets run over by a train and still manages to live somehow
He wouldn't live if he got run over by a train at top speed.
>>
>>27582193
Anon if you're still here, do you think it could be a physical medical condition cause that happens to me as well pretty frequently, at least a few times a week
>>
>>27584034
>that doesn't mean that men attention whore less though
No men do in fact attention whore much less than women.
>>
>>27582073
>Why haven't you tried crying yet anon?

Because crying doesn't solve problems.
>>
>>27584162
You're talking about women as a whole, did I really need to point it out?

>Women have value by virtue of having reproductive organs
I mean sure, stuff like this is probably true for the most part, but there's got to be exceptions to the rule. Think of how many women there are on this earth.

Like I said in my prior post, I don't disagree with what you posted. I'm just saying that it didn't do the job of getting that other guy off the hook with his nonsense (which, again, is all I'm here for), and that didn't really need to be said considering you said it yourself: An attempt is an 'attempt'.

No, I'm not female.
>>
>>27584172
moving the goalposts, I get it you either go through with it or you don't
>>
>>27584034
No they get violent in pursuit of solving their problems. You find it everywhere. Desperation makes men do terrible things.

I wouldn't say someone who rapes a girl and gets away with it or tries to get away with it is seeking attention. Maybe if they're caught. I do think school shooters have the attention whoring problem though. Certainly doesn't solve anything and unless you're breivik you only get the attention, not even in life.

But it's far less common than "attempted suicide".
>>
>>27584299
Explain to me how I've moved the goalposts. You're the one who said there was no such thing as a failed suicide attempt.
>>
Attempted suicide is always attention seeking no matter what.
>>
File: pls he;lp.jpg (14 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
pls he;lp.jpg
14 KB, 480x270
>>27584280
This. It's just a waste of energy. I'm not gonna get all /fit/ U GOTTA TAKES CHARGE OF UR LYFE !!! here but all crying does is just gets you more worked up.
>>
simple,
because nobody would care.
>>
>>27584447
This. No one helps crying men. If anything, they just hurt you more.
>>
>>27584283
Sure I didn't repeat the word 'tend' in my opening statement but everything else except the evolution paragraph wasn't problematic in my view. Regardless I find it silly to claim that when someone is making a broad rationalization it's 'conjecture'. It clearly isn't because it doesn't affect the argument, just the set it pertains to. Sure, in the strict mathematical description the set that's concerned is usually part of the conjecture.

This evolution paragraph does make sense mostly. What doesn't make sense is that there's better (far better) ways to get reproductive attention as a woman. Maybe that's more common and we just don't see it as such. (sluts)
Regardless of that the evolutionary explanation is like any other evolutionary psychology. Just like any generalization it doesn't pertain to all women.

His point was clearly that claiming it as attempted suicide is dishonest. And frankly the original post looked hella dishonest. I don't see how anyone can start to type that shit without regretting it as its being typed. It's fairly obvious stuff were talking about here. Especially just the attempts vs success bit.
>>
>autists post walls of text with stupid arguments
Where did all the fun go? To some other thread. Stop fucking up the board you assholes.
>>
I can't. I'll bury my face in my hands and wail in pain, but the tears won't come.
>>
>>27582917
>The kid sitting in the bottom of his shower drenched in tears because he feels utterly displaced in a world that has rejected him and today just really got to him

I was having a good day today, anon. A good day. Why'd you have to ruin it for me with these constant reminders?
>>
>>27582073
Circumcision must be stopped
>>
>>27584518
>Regardless I find it silly to claim that when someone is making a broad rationalization it's 'conjecture'

But it is conjecture. You're making a "broad rationalization" from incomplete information, especially when you were talking about women and their ease-of-access when it comes to suicide information. Sure, most probably do have it, but some could be genuine failed attempts from people who genuinely didn't know any better. Which is why I've insisted throughout this thread that 'attempted' suicides do exist because again, that is all I care about. Genuinely, I am being autistic for the sake of it.

I'm going to say this again, because I don't want you getting the wrong measure of me: I agree with pretty much everything in your post. But I suppose we're going to argue about what constitutes 'conjecture" now, aren't we?

This, too while I'm here:
>Guys have no value in terms of reproduction and if they feel inadequate, can't help the tribe, they have no sensible reason to continue. They just cost others food.

You seriously think men have no value in terms of reproduction? Or do you mean "men in general" or something? That I would probably agree with.
>>
File: 1455912504960.gif (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1455912504960.gif
9 KB, 200x200
>>27582473
because women are fucking disgusting roastie attention whores till the bitter end
>>
>>27582073
>crying will relieve the omnipresent force of a cosmically meaningless universe that weighs upon the souls of the sober men

Nice meme boi
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.