[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there more than two genders?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: Intelligent - Demi-Boy.jpg (149 KB, 700x612) Image search: [Google]
Intelligent - Demi-Boy.jpg
149 KB, 700x612
Are there more than two genders?
>>
what does a demi-boy mean?
>>
File: ifunny.jpg (48 KB, 720x740) Image search: [Google]
ifunny.jpg
48 KB, 720x740
nope lololololol
>>
>>27580288
Technically there are because hermaphrodites exist but they are such a rare case that the answer is no. There are also only 3 sexualities straight gay and bi anything else is memes
>>
No, there are only two genders.
>>
There is "male", "female", and "other". I don't know what the fuck a demi-boy is, but throw it in with the "other" column
>>
>>27580288
Only if you define gender in such a way that it refers to just a feeling and therefore becomes a useless word.
>>
>>27580343
You're thinking of sex
>>
>>27580366
Those are sexes, not genders.
>>
There are only two.
All this nonbinary shit invented by tumblr is probably the most detrimental thing for the rights of real transsexuals.
>>
>>27580395
What's the difference between a sex and a gender?
>>
>>27580288
There are two predominant genders.

The rest are just exceptional cases.
>>
Nope.
Girls call themselves genderfluid because they feel constrained by society's image of females and because they like to play dress-up and feel special.
Guys call themselves genderfluid because they either want to dress/act more feminine and feel constrained by society's expectations of men, or they're creepy fetishists and want an excuse to crossdress in real life.

t. an actual trans man.
>>
>>27580421
sex is your biological sex, e.g. male/female/mutant

gender is behavioral, e.g. masculine, feminine, attackhelicopter
>>
>>27580421
A sex is determined by physicality and biology. Your gender is how society determines your sex is expressed characteristically.
>>
>>27580288
No, go back to tumblr.
>>
No, people defending the idea makes me want to ree. I'd need someone to convincingly explain to me why you can't identify with whatever gender you want, otherwise it feels like a ploy to accuse people of not being a """""real""""" man or woman.
>>
>>27580481
You're disagreeing with yourself in your own post?
>>
>>27580410
>>27580445
I never get why special snowflakes call themselve trans when their ulterior motive is to become the opposite sex.
You want to be a girl ? Call yourself a girl. You want to be a boy ? Call yourself a boy.
But don't go around in the street wailing the fact you're trans for no reason other than attention and then cry about the fact people think you're weird
>>
a two-gender binary isn't even enforced worldwide, genders outside of male/female date back to ancient history
>>
>>27580509
We make it known because you will literally beat the shit out of us if we don't tell you we're trans before we fuck, even if we've had the surgery.
>>
>>27580288
not really
even when you're trans
if you have a penis
man
if you have a vagina
woman
if you somehow have both or don't have anything
you're a freak of nature
>>
>>27580509
I don't like or dislike trannies any more than you do. Personally, I think they're a bit off mentally, regardless of how they view themselves gender wise.

But to play devil's advocate, they call themselves "trans" because they feel as though they're in a transitional state, and you can't really force someone to perceive themselves in way that's comforting to you. Also, why do you care what they call themselves?

If you hate attention whores, stop giving them attention.
>>
>>27580288
There are more genders than there are atoms in the universe.
>>
>>27580343
>straight, gay, bi
You mean literally everything?
>>
>>27580502
I guess I am, I lack the understanding. You'll never get a straight answer out of anyone about it, only opinions. and you know what they say about opinions.
>>
There are people who deeply feel as though they shouldn't have one of their body parts, and sometimes go so far as to attempt to remove it. These people are seen as mentally disturbed by virtually everyone, because they clearly are.

How is it different with regards to people who feel as though their gender doesn't match their biological sex?
>>
>>27580626
I generally tend to not care so much about this issue. It's rare that I encounter tumblr in real life, and if I do it's from afar.

I can't really get into their mindset to explain anything they do or believe. It all seems like a cry for attention to me.
>>
>>27580551
That's assuming everyone is an asshole, there are people that are perfectly fine with it, and I'm not particularily speaking about people that just tell others in special cases that they're trans, I'm talking about the tumblr nutcases, those who are so full of themselves they feel the need to tell everyone everything so they can get more and more attention.

>>27580572
I think the same, but they're people after all, you can't go around and tell them they're insane and they should be killed, they made their own choices and you can't blame them for that.
I understand speaking about being trans when you are transitioning, but when it's done then there's nothing more to do, yet some people keep speaking of themselves after that point, that's what I don't really get.
>>
Gender is a liberal hoax. There are two sexes and nothing more. Hermaphrodites are freak mutations and should not be considered a category. Do you classify people by whether or not they have Down's?
>>
>>27580448
So made up sociology terms that mean absolutely nothing? got it.
>>
File: 1459492415648.jpg (40 KB, 540x677) Image search: [Google]
1459492415648.jpg
40 KB, 540x677
>>27580627
Because humans are fucking weird about sex and sex identity.

Personally I'm convinced it's a mental illness from both a common sense standpoint and a personal experience standpoint, but that's just my opinion. I don't really get in any trannies face about it if they want to mutilate themselves.
>>
>>27580655
Because most trans people have had pretty hard lives and tumblr wants attention and sympathy.
Doesn't take rocket appliances
>>
>>27580704
Mutilating yourself isn't the solution to psychological trauma, almost everyone at one point in their life is going to have to deal with some tough shit.
>>
>>27580681
Did you willfully just conflate biological terminology with social terminology when the division was clearly explained?

You're a special kind of retarded. Your sex serves to describe your biological functionality, aka whether you produce ovum or sperm. Your gender is how you or society says the social characteristics of each respective sex should be expressed.

I really can't get any more detailed than that without drawing you retard diagrams with no big words.
>>
>>27580343
You're right. There are more than just hermaphrodites too. There are people with no genitalia, there are people with multiple genitalia. These are medical conditions. They shouldn't be considered normal.
Asexual is also a sexual orientation but it's also rare (2-5% of the population). There is this "I'm asexual" trend which is as stupid as the other trends of "genderfluid" and such.
>>
>>27580288
This shit is just getting out of control.

I think that gender and sexuality exist on a spectrum. Let's say that 0 represents 100% absolutely male and nothing else, while 1 represents female.

There is an infinite amount of numbers between 0 and 1, and therefore an infinite number of gender identities. But why do you have to call yourself "demi-quasi-numale" instead of just being a person content with your individuality instead of trying to make a meme out of it?
>>
>>27580794
He was obviously referring to gender being the made up sociological term that means nothing, not sex.
>>
>>27580288
no

you can't "feel" like a different sex and it mean anything the same way you can't "feel" like a dog and it mean anything

but i'm russian so
>>
>>27580288
Depends what language.
>>
>>27581073
How can you infer that when he questioned both words equally and simultaneously and explicitly referred to neither in his response?
>>
>>27580859
>There is this "I'm asexual" trend
this is the worst. Now a lot of people claim to be asexual just to be cool.
>>
>>27580288

Is Demi-Boy a character in this comic? I don't get the joke.
>>
>>27582090
>Now a lot of people claim to be asexual just to excuse the fact that they can't get laid.

Actual reason.
>>
>>27581073
Actually, ignore my initial reply.

You're a fucking idiot. Re-read his post and see that he uses the word "terms".

Stop sticking your neck out for random idiots on this board, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>27582110
It's supposed to be some tumblr genderfluid character I think
>>
>>27580288
No, just tumblrites deluding themselves, it probably makes them feel special.
>>
>>27580445
There is some truth in this. Like, if gender is a social construct and means nothing, why make more genders? why categorize further?
In real life, that is, outside of tumblr, there is a whole spectrum where buff guys can like hello kitty and there are girls who are often mistaken for boys, guys who are delicate to the point of seeming feminine and girls who only get along with guys. And faggots who everybody think they're straight because they don't act gay.
So how about assigning a label to each one of these too? like, which one would be the meta-surplus-proto-(fe)-malefluid
I'll be a pangalactic gargleblaster
>>
>>27580421
They've been synonyms since forever, the distinction was literally made up in the last few decades by academia
>>
There are more than 2 biological sexes, look up XXY syndrome, for example.

As for genders, they really are a social construct. It's not objective at all. Maybe society will only recognize two. Maybe society will shift and recognize 50. You can't really measure these things objectively because they don't actually "exist". It's all about what the mainstream recognizes gender to be.

However, I don't see why people have to insist upon being a new gender or "agender". Why can't you just be quirky, or a chick who happens to like guy things? Why does one's gender have to be made into such a big fucking deal? It seems pointlessly confusing. If your sexuality is the most interesting thing about you, you're fucking boring.
>>
>>27582299
You could say that about any word. Literally nothing has a relevant contextual meaning if you look at words that way.
>>
>>27580794
Nobody cares about the social characteristics of each respective sex should be expressed except for people who say gender norms shouldn't exist, so gender identity is more about oppressing yourself than anything else.

Which makes sense, as people need struggle in life, and the kind of people who espouse these ideas come from privileged backgrounds where actual needs are covered unconditionally.
>>
>>27582543
From your perspective, that's true. However, your opinion isn't objective fact.

Just because you tell someone they're wrong for believing in something you don't, doesn't mean they actually are.

I agree with your position, by the way.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.